Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Reaching 152

OP D M4N8

For those of you who have reached it, how long did it take you after 151 and which playlist(s) did you grind?
D M4N8 wrote:
For those of you who have reached it, how long did it take you after 151 and which playlist(s) did you grind?
I think it took me about 9 months and I basically just grinded heroic firefight since it's easy to play solo
I think it took around 5 months just playing Heroic Firefight and Infection. There isn't really one answer for it since it depends on how much time you play a day and the playlist. Best thing is to set a daily XP goal so you have some motivation and it gives you a good estimate on how long you want to take to get it.
D M4N8 wrote:
I think it took me about 9 months and I basically just grinded heroic firefight since it's easy to play solo
Ouch! It's like having a baby!
D M4N8 wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
Ouch! It's like having a baby!
Lol good one but I did take some breaks and I wasn't playing every day soo it could definitely be done faster
I got 151 in April 2017 and got 152 in July 2017. I mostly grinded Warzone with a team.
Not sure but I did get 5 million in roughly 2-3 months and have about 10 million to go so I'd guess about 9 months but that's with me using some exp weekends as much as possible, having breaks. I guess if I tried playing it enough I'd guess somewhere between 6-9 months to get from 151 to 152.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
I think it took around 5 months just playing Heroic Firefight and Infection. There isn't really one answer for it since it depends on how much time you play a day and the playlist. Best thing is to set a daily XP goal so you have some motivation and it gives you a good estimate on how long you want to take to get it.
I think when I made the estimate, I estimated about 5,000 games. I have played 15,000 so far. Seems a bit ridiculous
I think it took me 8-9 months playing the double xp and arena playlist I enjoy while using every legendary boost I could get my hands on.
Reading these responses kill me inside... im only 147
I think it took me 8-9 months playing the double xp and arena playlist I enjoy while using every legendary boost I could get my hands on.
So no Warzone?
D M4N8 wrote:
I'm 151 and I just play Heroic Firefigh , I use legendary boots, they give me 15,500 per game
Dilionaire wrote:
The grind is real!
D M4N8 wrote:
So no Warzone?
I prefer to play arena modes over WZ but I will play WZ with a fireteam or for double xp. Personally I can't stand infection or firefight so I didn't use those modes to get 152 either.
Exactly 180 days. Warzone Assault and heroic firefight are the best ways to get a tons of XP.
For a change, I also played Swat for a while.
D M4N8 wrote:
I'm 151 and I just play Heroic Firefigh , I use legendary boots, they give me 15,500 per game
Wow. I'm lucky to even get 1,500 by playing Arena...
And now I feel like a total noob. THANKS
Not chasing the 152 myself, but seems like a good opportunity to ask about XP Boosts.

Do the XP Boost cards multiply on top of the starred playlists' bonus? Save the XP Boost cards for those playlist to maximise gains?
D M4N8 wrote:
Dilionaire wrote:
The grind is real!
Yeah that’s for sure! Got in a good lobby recently and we were winning within minutes.
Not chasing the 152 myself, but seems like a good opportunity to ask about XP Boosts.

Do the XP Boost cards multiply on top of the starred playlists' bonus? Save the XP Boost cards for those playlist to maximise gains?
The starred playlists only increase the base xp from the match and not the boost amount