Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

REASONS that make people want to QUIT Halo

OP Quantify Risk

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I've gotten to level 145 and these are my complaints.
It takes about 4-5 games to make a good team for the HaloWC playlist. Then I get my team of randoms in the playlist and then it takes 20-30 mins to find a game so they all leave my fireteam to find a game in a minute playing solo on the playlist, this creates a lack of teamwork in the playlist.
So now I can't get another team that talks or uses there brains.
THIS WILL RAISE THE SKILL CEILING.
1. Create a section of the game that functions like LFG (or a Find a team section in the menu) so you can search for other people who talk or have a certain rank in the playlist.
2. Make a section of the game that teaches the basics of a game type like a tutorial and rewards people with a change in the color of their gamer tag or something, to prove they have a better understanding of the game. (they do it in overwatch)
New Restrictions
Quitting out restrictions should be harsher the more often they do it the longer they should be banned from matchmaking. First offensive is 5 mins and up the ban by 5 mins each time until the season resets.
What would be nice
This game needs an HQ or a Tower (like destiny and COD) and matchmaking quests for different types of armor, emblems, and skins with challenges based on recruit heroic mythic, a 1v1 playlist, aiming training simulator and a 1v1 game on who hits the most moving Spartans. Have an area for firefight, warzone, matchmaking, LFG at the tower.
I WILL NOT BE PLAYING HALO 5 IN THE FUTURE UNLESS
they UPDATE the maps where is a DLC? or at least bring FORGE creations into the matchmaking. Ban WHITE CELL change it up creators/pro players get bored and players get tired of playing the same damn maps. HOW in HELL do you think I'm going to play the same maps for the next 1-2 years or god knows when Halo 6 will be announced.
I've gotten to level 145 and these are my complaints.It takes about 4-5 games to make a good team for the HaloWC playlist. Then I get my team of randoms in the playlist and then it takes 20-30 mins to find a game so they all leave my fireteam to find a game in a minute playing solo on the playlist, this creates a lack of teamwork in the playlist.

I've never seen a wait time of more then 2min on any halo playlist. Admittedly don't play ranked often, but this seems strange. Did you have guys from differant areas making it hard for server selection? THIS WILL RAISE THE SKILL CEILING.1. Create a section of the game that functions like LFG (or a Find a team section in the menu) so you can search for other people who talk or have a certain rank in the playlist.

Urm2. Make a section of the game that teaches the basics of a game type like a tutorial and rewards people with a change in the color of their gamer tag or something, to prove they have a better understanding of the game. (they do it in overwatch)
UrmNew RestrictionsQuitting out restrictions should be harsher the more often they do it the longer they should be banned from matchmaking. First offensive is 5 mins and up the ban by 5 mins each time until the season resets.
Alternately, play with a team. Then quitting doesn't effect you and it doesn't require banning people who suffer from disconnects. What would be nice This game needs an HQ or a Tower (like destiny and COD) and matchmaking quests for different types of armor, emblems, and skins with challenges based on recruit heroic mythic, a 1v1 playlist, aiming training simulator and a 1v1 game on who hits the most moving Spartans. Have an area for firefight, warzone, matchmaking, LFG at the tower.
You say this but normally whenever the devs introduce concepts that exist in other games the community cries like little babies are throw a fit. That said challenges like in reach would be great. As for aiming training, again, campaign. I WILL NOT BE PLAYING HALO 5 IN THE FUTURE UNLESS they UPDATE the maps where is a DLC? or at least bring FORGE creations into the matchmaking. Ban WHITE CELL change it up creators/pro players get bored and players get tired of playing the same damn maps. HOW in HELL do you think I'm going to play the same maps for the next 1-2 years or god knows when Halo 6 will be announced.
As for your final point, which I can write out here (the rest are threaded in the quote). Update maps? What's wrong with the existing ones that means they need an update? Forge creations are already massively integrated in. Never heard of white cell, it's not a base map but past Halo games have had us playing the same 10 maps plus 3 new maps every now and again (to a max of something like 20 something maps in reach) for 3 years. People loved it and halo 5 due to forge has an unusually high number of maps being delivered into matchmaking.

I seriously don't understand how you haven't noticed nearly everything you want is in the game already.
Tried editing my quotes, weirdly it keeps automatically forcing the format like that. Sorry for the readability there.
As for your final point, which I can write out here (the rest are threaded in the quote). Update maps? What's wrong with the existing ones that means they need an update? Forge creations are already massively integrated in. Never heard of white cell, it's not a base map but past Halo games have had us playing the same 10 maps plus 3 new maps every now and again (to a max of something like 20 something maps in reach) for 3 years. People loved it and halo 5 due to forge has an unusually high number of maps being delivered into matchmaking.

I seriously don't understand how you haven't noticed nearly everything you want is in the game already.
The game doesn't have any new maps to play on, the only forge creation they brought in was White Cell and Pegasus (I'm only talking about arena here), not infection or social game types. I'm talking about competitive play. There was DLC's for Reach and Halo 4 where's the one for Halo 5?
343's bad matchmaking meets lazy player's unwillingness to use the wide array of available tools that help to find non-random team mates. So whose fault is this one again?

Harsher bans for quitters wouldn't even be an issue if you would "use the wide array of available tools that help to find non-random team mates." And anyway, bans of any length are a joke. Just keep punishing your player base until they start having fun? Yeah. I'm sure that works brilliantly.

White Cell is an atrocious map, but if you're wondering why it's the only forge map (besides Pegasus) to make it into rotation then all you have to do is look at the brutal criticism that befalls any 4v4 map in this game. "It's bad." "It's just a re-mix." "It plays like it was designed by second graders." "Spawning this." "Power weapon that." "Sight line the other thing." It just goes on and on. The point is that the people who take team slayer seriously are borderline personalities who have game play expectations which are so rigid and formalized that nothing (except Sanctuary and Narrows) will ever please them. Oh, and Breakout.
(they do it in overwatch)
(like destiny and COD)
Sounds like you play lots of other shooter games. I guess it's not surprising that you've gotten bored with Halo 5's maps.
Quitting out restrictions should be harsher the more often they do it the longer they should be banned from matchmaking. First offensive is 5 mins and up the ban by 5 mins each time until the season resets.
Unfortunately I don't think harsher quitting penalties will actually stop people from quitting.
There was DLC's for Reach and Halo 4 where's the one for Halo 5?
Paid map packs aren't a good idea because they divide the population into those who have them and those who don't
Matchmaking has gotten better if you ask me. Especially considering the population. I will take longer matchmaking times if I get more even teams.
THIS WILL RAISE THE SKILL CEILING.1. Create a section of the game that functions like LFG (or a Find a team section in the menu) so you can search for other people who talk or have a certain rank in the playlist.
2. Make a section of the game that teaches the basics of a game type like a tutorial and rewards people with a change in the color of their gamer tag or something, to prove they have a better understanding of the game. (they do it in overwatch)
New RestrictionsQuitting out restrictions should be harsher the more often they do it the longer they should be banned from matchmaking. First offensive is 5 mins and up the ban by 5 mins each time until the season resets.
What would be nice This game needs an HQ or a Tower (like destiny and COD) and matchmaking quests for different types of armor, emblems, and skins with challenges based on recruit heroic mythic, a 1v1 playlist, aiming training simulator and a 1v1 game on who hits the most moving Spartans.
I WILL NOT BE PLAYING HALO 5 IN THE FUTURE UNLESS they UPDATE the maps where is a DLC? or at least bring FORGE creations into the matchmaking. HOW in HELL do you think I'm going to play the same maps for the next 1-2 years or god knows when Halo 6 will be announced.
1) Have you tried inviting people from your games? Xbox does have those clubs that you can make. It's not exactly the same, but you could make one or search on there and maybe people would be interested in joining or you'll find people.

A custom game is a pretty good tutorial and it's not that hard to setup although I wouldn't mind if they did have a test map with everything available like Battlefield 4 had. Didn't Gears also have a map where people could join to goof off in?

2) Harsher quits aren't gonna solve the issue.

3) If we got a Tower, it would need to be optional. I don't want to waste time in a glorified menu when all I want to do is play the game. I do like some of those armor ideas though like challenges and stuff. Not really quests though. I don't want a Halo Destiny.

4) BTB is all Forge maps. They're pretty much on cruise control until H6 so I really doubt a lot of new maps are coming. I think you'll be end up just playing other games if you can't deal with the same maps.
I've gotten to level 145 and these are my complaints.It takes about 4-5 games to make a good team for the HaloWC playlist. Then I get my team of randoms in the playlist and then it takes 20-30 mins to find a game so they all leave my fireteam to find a game in a minute playing solo on the playlist, this creates a lack of teamwork in the playlist.

I've never seen a wait time of more then 2min on any halo playlist. Admittedly don't play ranked often, but this seems strange. Did you have guys from differant areas making it hard for server selection? THIS WILL RAISE THE SKILL CEILING.1. Create a section of the game that functions like LFG (or a Find a team section in the menu) so you can search for other people who talk or have a certain rank in the playlist.

Urm2. Make a section of the game that teaches the basics of a game type like a tutorial and rewards people with a change in the color of their gamer tag or something, to prove they have a better understanding of the game. (they do it in overwatch)
UrmNew RestrictionsQuitting out restrictions should be harsher the more often they do it the longer they should be banned from matchmaking. First offensive is 5 mins and up the ban by 5 mins each time until the season resets.
Alternately, play with a team. Then quitting doesn't effect you and it doesn't require banning people who suffer from disconnects. What would be nice This game needs an HQ or a Tower (like destiny and COD) and matchmaking quests for different types of armor, emblems, and skins with challenges based on recruit heroic mythic, a 1v1 playlist, aiming training simulator and a 1v1 game on who hits the most moving Spartans. Have an area for firefight, warzone, matchmaking, LFG at the tower.
You say this but normally whenever the devs introduce concepts that exist in other games the community cries like little babies are throw a fit. That said challenges like in reach would be great. As for aiming training, again, campaign. I WILL NOT BE PLAYING HALO 5 IN THE FUTURE UNLESS they UPDATE the maps where is a DLC? or at least bring FORGE creations into the matchmaking. Ban WHITE CELL change it up creators/pro players get bored and players get tired of playing the same damn maps. HOW in HELL do you think I'm going to play the same maps for the next 1-2 years or god knows when Halo 6 will be announced.

In defense with the maps it does feel at times I play on the same 4 maps.
There are 240 pages in the "Why was I banned" thread and harsher penaltys wouldnt solve the issue as people already consider the bans as to harsh.
343's bad matchmaking meets lazy player's unwillingness to use the wide array of available tools that help to find non-random team mates. So whose fault is this one again?

Harsher bans for quitters wouldn't even be an issue if you would "use the wide array of available tools that help to find non-random team mates." And anyway, bans of any length are a joke. Just keep punishing your player base until they start having fun? Yeah. I'm sure that works brilliantly.
s
White Cell is an atrocious map, but if you're wondering why it's the only forge map (besides Pegasus) to make it into rotation then all you have to do is look at the brutal criticism that befalls any 4v4 map in this game. "It's bad." "It's just a re-mix." "It plays like it was designed by second graders." "Spawning this." "Power weapon that." "Sight line the other thing." It just goes on and on. The point is that the people who take team slayer seriously are borderline personalities who have game play expectations which are so rigid and formalized that nothing (except Sanctuary and Narrows) will ever please them. Oh, and Breakout.
How is starting to have fun quitting out of games and pissing off the other 3 players that wanted to win?
Please tell me why people get banned.
Harsher bans for quitters wouldn't even be an issue if you would "use the wide array of available tools that help to find non-random teammates."
Please show me the wide array of tools? I look up LFG for the game and nobody has posted anything. To look up the Xbox group finder it takes forever to find a good team when I just wanna play the game. Make this a faster in-game feature everyone can use search criteria and it will match them with other people like it does in matchmaking.
My so-called laziness eventually gets an entire fireteam and it takes a half hour to find a game. Last night it worked well and I get disconnected from the server, and my team loses and de-ranks. Then, everyone says I'm tired of these server problems I'm getting off. Tell me you haven't heard other players say that to you.
I don't even mention team slayer I play HaloWC playlist. I only complained about White Cell and you make it sound like no map will ever please me.
Do you just enjoy playing the same maps? -if you just a boring person it makes sense
Is it too much to ask for another set of DLC maps or if they want to focus there energy in Halo 6 then put more forge creations in the map. Have an area on waypoint where players can vote on what new forge creations should be in the game.

Every year people spend $60 on a new Call of Duty they get a whole new set of maps. A DLC for $15 to $30 is not that bad since you playing the game for 3-4 years

s
How is starting to have fun quitting out of games and pissing off the other 3 players that wanted to win?
Harsher bans for quitters wouldn't even be an issue if you would "use the wide array of available tools that help to find non-random teammates."
Please show me the wide array of tools? I look up LFG for the game and nobody has posted anything. To look up the Xbox group finder it takes forever to find a good team when I just wanna play the game. Make this a faster in-game feature everyone can use search criteria and it will match them with other people like it does in matchmaking.
My so-called laziness eventually gets an entire fireteam and it takes a half hour to find a game. Last night it worked well and I get disconnected from the server, and my team loses and de-ranks. Then, everyone says I'm tired of these server problems I'm getting off. Tell me you haven't heard other players say that to you.
I don't even mention team slayer I play HaloWC playlist. I only complained about White Cell and you make it sound like no map will ever please me.
Do you just enjoy playing the same maps? -if you just a boring person it makes sense
Is it too much to ask for another set of DLC maps or if they want to focus there energy in Halo 6 then put more forge creations in the map. Have an area on waypoint where players can vote on what new forge creations should be in the game.

Every year people spend $60 on a new Call of Duty they get a whole new set of maps. A DLC for $15 to $30 is not that bad since you playing the game for 3-4 years
With the low population as it is splitting the population even further wouldn’t be the best course of action. I agree the matchmaking right now isn’t the best but it is better. Instead of hating on what we don’t have enjoy what the game provides you. I’ve played the game on and off since launch which was 2 years ago. I’ve never had a problem with a game to this degree.
perhaps take a break play something else and stop thinking so negatively at it. That’s what I did with halo 4 and I enjoyed it afterwards.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
1) Have you tried inviting people from your games? (YES) Xbox does have those clubs that you can make. It's not exactly the same, but you could make one or search on there and maybe people would be interested in joining or you'll find people. (SOMETIMES THIS WORKS)

A custom game is a pretty good tutorial (WHAT??? i'm talking about how to play each game mode and what you sit in a map until you figure it out?) and it's not that hard to setup although I wouldn't mind if they did have a test map with everything available like Battlefield 4 had. (idk what this is)
Didn't Gears also have a map where people could join to goof off in? (like a custom game?)

2) Harsher quits aren't gonna solve the issue. (GLAD YOU DISAGREE) THEN WHAT WILL SOLVE THE ISSUE

3) If we got a Tower, it would need to be optional. I don't want to waste time in a glorified menu when all I want to do is play the game. I do like some of those armor ideas though like challenges and stuff. Not really quests though. I don't want a Halo Destiny.
(I can agree with you a little bit, but I don't think they'll ever make it optional) You might look into how CoD WW2 does it then.

4) BTB is all Forge maps. They're pretty much on cruise control until H6 so I really doubt a lot of new maps are coming. I think you'll be end up just playing other games if you can't deal with the same maps. then find forge creation 4v4 maps.
With the low population as it is splitting the population even further wouldn’t be the best course of action.
(Did you read what I said then use forge creations allow player to vote on new maps on halowaypoint and make it for free.)
I agree the matchmaking right now isn’t the best but it is better. Instead of hating on what we don’t have enjoy what the game provides you. I’ve played the game on and off since launch which was 2 years ago. I’ve never had a problem with a game to this degree.
(Why can't I have an input to make this game and the halo community stronger? If i hated it I wouldn't be typing right now)
perhaps take a break play something else and stop thinking so negatively at it. That’s what I did with halo 4 and I enjoyed it afterwards.
(you enjoyed Halo 4?) I'm done.......
With the low population as it is splitting the population even further wouldn’t be the best course of action.
(Did you read what I said then use forge creations allow player to vote on new maps on halowaypoint and make it for free.)
I agree the matchmaking right now isn’t the best but it is better. Instead of hating on what we don’t have enjoy what the game provides you. I’ve played the game on and off since launch which was 2 years ago. I’ve never had a problem with a game to this degree.
(Why can't I have an input to make this game and the halo community stronger? If i hated it I wouldn't be typing right now)
(you enjoyed Halo 4?) I'm done.......
I know what you said about allowing people to vote on new maps which I say awesome let’s do that. But that was targeting what you said about dlc
by all means have an input I’m just saying (and this is specifically from your post besucase I don’t know how you actually look at this game since I don’t know you) that it seems you hate this game via post. So my advice was try to look at this game in a postive light as well. I always welcome criticism to the game if it’s constructive which yours was.
And yea halo 4 wasn’t a bad game. It wasn’t the best game but it wasn’t bad. It’s core was halo just they tried to throw their own mix into it. Not terrible but I wouldn’t want it to continue

s

Yeah, okay. Some of what I said was on the harsher side.

But most of the problems you're describing are a function of low population. And no amount of Spartan Company, Friend List, Waypoint Recruitment, what-have-you, will fix that problem. Of course, neither will wishing away the present on the dream of a simple, fast, in-game perfect-teammate finder. Because even if we had that mechanism, we don't have the players to be found.

The servers are a whole separate issue. And a bad one.

I'm not sure how far back you go with Halo, but I can tell you that after having bought every single DLC for every single main line Halo title that the odds of you actually getting to play those maps in DLC-optional or DLC-mandatory playlists is next to nothing. In DLC-optional they never come up because most players don't buy them. In DLC-mandatory they may or may not come up, but the populations are always so incredibly low that matchmaking is a trainwreck, and I'd rather never play a new map again as long as I live if the only way that I can is to play against a full team of 50s.

Forge maps would be great in theory, but I can only repeat what I said before. Whether or not you are one of those borderline personalities is beside the point - so many of the people who live and die by team slayer are pure -yoink!- crazy, and the higher the rank the crazier they seem to get. Those people would take one look at a pack of forge maps and they'd rip the forgers a new one. Then they'd rip 343 a new one for letting those maps into rotation in the first place. Your reaction to White Cell (which I readily admit to sharing) is a case in point. I doubt that we hate it for the same reasons, but hate is hate just the same.

The Call of Duty point is a good one. I suppose what we really need to be asking ourselves is not how much we'd be willing to spend on population-splitting DLC, but how often we'd be willing to pony up $60 for a new title. Do we want Halo to be annualized like CoD? Or maybe we could have a main line title multiplayer that gets face-lifted half way through the life cycle like Halo 3 multiplayer was with ODST? These all seem like potentially good ideas to me. I'm sure the price tag wouldn't be a road block or else CoD would have failed a long time ago, and I would think that this plan might have a lot of appeal to a developer ever in need of higher and more easily sustained profitability.

In the mean time you should rifle through customs once in a while. People seem to gravitate to it for chaos and nonsense, but once in a while you'll find a forger play testing something worth while, by which I mean a serious map built for conventional 4v4 gameplay. Of course, the quality of teammates and opponents is random, but how is that really any different than matchmaking?
1) (WHAT??? i'm talking about how to play each game mode and what you sit in a map until you figure it out?)

2) (idk what this is)

3) (like a custom game?)

4) (GLAD YOU DISAGREE) THEN WHAT WILL SOLVE THE ISSUE

5) (I can agree with you a little bit, but I don't think they'll ever make it optional) You might look into how CoD WW2 does it then.
1) A custom game can help figure things out like testing weapons and such. I guess a tutorial about the gametypes could work, but the gametypes are pretty self-explanatory aside from Strongholds.

2) It's a map in BF4 where you can use all the weapons and vehicles like a premade custom game.

3) I don't really know. I think it's like a social slayer gametype where stats don't really count. I only remember watching it in a Twitch stream when someone was playing Gears.

4) If I knew the answer that fixed the problem, 343 would probably hire me. They already did the best option for ranked and that's not having people get bans if they quit after the first person quits a game. With social, improve JIP and lessen the bans or remove them. If I'm getting harsher bans like your idea, I would either just play on a different account or play a different game.

5) I'll probably never play COD so I guess I'll just wait and see for H6.
The Call of Duty point is a good one. I suppose what we really need to be asking ourselves is not how much we'd be willing to spend on population-splitting DLC, but how often we'd be willing to pony up $60 for a new title. Do we want Halo to be annualized like CoD? Or maybe we could have a main line title multiplayer that gets face-lifted half way through the life cycle like Halo 3 multiplayer was with ODST? These all seem like potentially good ideas to me. I'm sure the price tag wouldn't be a road block or else CoD would have failed a long time ago, and I would think that this plan might have a lot of appeal to a developer ever in need of higher and more easily sustained profitability.
Sorry, I don't like this idea at all. Not only would it give them less time to make a quality game, but I hate it when my video games are suddenly outdated right around the time I'm starting to get good at them. I want my games to last for at least enough time for me to have a lot of fun with them and really learn how to be good at them, before moving on to the next one.

I had this problem with Monster Hunter and I eventually gave up on that franchise, because I was getting sick of having to move on to a newer game before feeling like I could really get all the enjoyment out of the previous one. And before you say "you didn't have to move on, you can just stick to playing older ones", I pretty much did because all my friends would move on to the latest one. And, although I do sometimes go back and play Halo Reach for its split-screen, I don't like the idea of playing an outdated game anyway. So no, I don't care how much the developer "needs" more profitability, please don't annualize Halo.
Sorry, I don't like this idea at all. Not only would it give them less time to make a quality game, but I hate it when my video games are suddenly outdated right around the time I'm starting to get good at them. I want my games to last for at least enough time for me to have a lot of fun with them and really learn how to be good at them, before moving on to the next one.

I had this problem with Monster Hunter and I eventually gave up on that franchise, because I was getting sick of having to move on to a newer game before feeling like I could really get all the enjoyment out of the previous one. And before you say "you didn't have to move on, you can just stick to playing older ones", I pretty much did because all my friends would move on to the latest one. And, although I do sometimes go back and play Halo Reach for its split-screen, I don't like the idea of playing an outdated game anyway. So no, I don't care how much the developer "needs" more profitability, please don't annualize Halo.
I didn't mean to suggest that this is a must for Halo, only that it's a possibility.

I agree, in principle and in practice, that having to re-learn the game every time it launches is worse than tedious. We're two years into Halo 5 and what I haven't learned about this game (and never will) would fill a book. But whether I fail to learn the game in a three year life cycle or fail to learn it in one really makes no difference. Of course, that's just me. On the developer side, don't forget that the thing that makes it possible for CoD to spit out a new game every year is that they have two different studios taking on alternate years, and neither one is as ambitious as Halo. For better of for worse we'll each have to decide for ourselves.

As far as revisiting old titles goes, I agree that it's a double edged sword. I go back to Reach because its firefight is light years ahead of H5's, but I dislike doing it because I think that it will dull the biting edge of my Halo 5 capabilities. Which is a joke since those capabilities are next to nothing, but that's player psychology for you.

At any rate, I can easily see the down sides from a multiplayer point of view, but a constant cycle of new maps, new campaigns, additions to forge, etc. could be a real shot in the arm for the population. And if this game is going to soldier on down the path of hyper-competitive, ultra wide skill gapped, sweat bathing then the one thing that it absolutely must have is more players. A lot more.
You want map packs like in Halo: Reach and Halo 4? We already got map packs in Halo 5. You just didn't notice them because they were all FREE as to not divide the player base. Overgrowth, Riptide, Torque, Tyrant, Stasis, Molten, and Mercy were all DLC Arena maps that were given to us through updates. And then we also got Battle of Noctus, Skirmish at Darkstar, and Attack on Sanctum for Warzone. That's 10 DLC maps in total compared to the 9 that were given in Halo 4's paid season pass. Honestly, if you want more than that, I think you're expecting too much from a single game.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3