Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Refusing to destroy enemy core...

OP IIII bRian IIII

Here's the scenario: Warzone. Blue Team controls all objective points within the first 2-3 minutes, basically steamrolling the Red Team. Blue Team then suddenly refuse to push in for the core, and then spends the next 12-15 minutes spawn killing the Red Team as one by one, more people quit the game. The match ends by point accrual.

With so many ways to get banned in this game, and 343 often citing "fair play" as a goal, does anyone know if refusing to destroy the enemy core in Warzone is a ban-able offense? If not, it should be. That's literally the motive villains in movies have when torturing the hero. "I'm not going to kill you, I'm going to keep you alive and torture you until I grow bored of you."

No one wants to go through that. It's toxic and only serves the attacker's ego.

Makes you wanna quit Halo for the night and go play Borderlands 3.
Yep, I have like 6 games of wz in 6 months because of things like that. Even if my team or my friends do it, it still sucks.
I'm solo warzone player and I normally never go for core destroying unless it's super close game. spawn trapping from halo 3-reach with grifball to call of duty old days of demolition just fun.
While it does suck when a team decides to farm kills and win by points and not a core destruction they are playing the game as it was designed so not really a reason to ban them IMO.
343 doesn't ban people for farming.
This is a rare occurrence in my experience. Far rarer than de-rankers in ranked.
In this situation I would recommend quitting the game. If you wait until one person quits before you quit you won’t face penalties.

If you quit:
  • You can move on to a more enjoyable match faster and you will be less angry/frustrated.
  • Once people start quitting it becomes much less enjoyable for the farming team.
This is by far Warzone's biggest flaw; the mode gives players way too much freedom to farm kills.

There was this one time when my teammates kept betraying me by turn because I was going for the core...
Anything goes. If you want to camp in one spot the entire game, that's fine. If you want to stare at a wall and practice your tea-bagging, that's fine too. Don't take anything too seriously. Have fun. The chances are non of you are getting paid to play Halo.
They made a change to WZ some time ago, making it so each kill was 2 points instead of 1 to reduce the amount of time a team could farm.
Yea usually i don't get farmed much, but when i do, open up the laptop, and its time for some memes.
omarlotrc wrote:
This is by far Warzone's biggest flaw; the mode gives players way too much freedom to farm kills.

There was this one time when my teammates kept betraying me by turn because I was going for the core...
They really should have a friendly fire stat visable for each player in the end game summary.
I had that happen the other day. Every time I grabbed a tank a teammate would come by and take my life down to near zero. Very frustrating.
ZAPDANGDO wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:

They really should have a friendly fire stat visable for each player in the end game summary.
I had that happen the other day. Every time I grabbed a tank a teammate would come by and take my life down to near zero. Very frustrating.
The things people do for stats...

It's upsetting.
It's been happening for awhile. It's tough and it's why it's sometimes difficult to search as a team in WZ.
Here's the scenario: Warzone. Blue Team controls all objective points within the first 2-3 minutes, basically steamrolling the Red Team. Blue Team then suddenly refuse to push in for the core, and then spends the next 12-15 minutes spawn killing the Red Team as one by one, more people quit the game. The match ends by point accrual.

With so many ways to get banned in this game, and 343 often citing "fair play" as a goal, does anyone know if refusing to destroy the enemy core in Warzone is a ban-able offense? If not, it should be. That's literally the motive villains in movies have when torturing the hero. "I'm not going to kill you, I'm going to keep you alive and torture you until I grow bored of you."

No one wants to go through that. It's toxic and only serves the attacker's ego.

Makes you wanna quit Halo for the night and go play Borderlands 3.
But it feels so good when you kill core campers!