Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Regular Warzone 6-man Limit????? NOPE. NO THANKS.

OP I Who is that I

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 120
  4. 121
  5. ...
  6. 122
TRON 092 wrote:
So I realized something today. I have logical proof that the H5 population is dying.

Given: 343 treats the warzone fireteam issue as a zero sum game. And to that end they have clearly chosen the side against large teams. This is fact.

So I ask, why treat it as a zero sum game? I.e. Why treat this situation as, if one side benefits then the other side MUST suffer?

We've offered many functional solutions in this thread. Some complex, some simpler and OBVIOUS and still better than what 343 has done. HOWEVER, all of our solutions are built on the belief that a large player population exists.... Because if a large population exists as 343 claims publicly, then the playlists are not zero sum.

And then it hit me... They must treat it as a zero sum game because IT IS. Their actions are confirmation that the population is not large enough to support SixDix AND 12man! The population has been teetering on edge, such that 343 can't create another concurrent wz playlist without bankrupting the other.

I believe at this point, our best bet to get 12man to return is to just leave. Everyone, just quit. We KNOW 343 has been lying about our proportion OR our impact on the population (i believe it's the former). So we need to just call them on it. All players from all companies just leave and bankrupt the H5 population as a whole.

Maybe 343 will try to lure us back with 12man, or maybe they'll just cut their losses in favor of the new Halo whatever thing coming out. But there's only one way to find out...

IT'S TIME TO MOVE ON.
The population is dead. The requirements for the Timmy helmet prove that. Last week I was playing infection and I kept play with the same people. When I tried find a different match it took a long time.

I also heard that when Warlords was out it was the most active playlist in the whole game. Other playlists had an incredibly low population. If that's true I don't think 343 will bring Warlords back.

343 has been very quiet on this whole matter. It's unknown if they are actually doing anything. I think if we don't hear anything by the end of February we abandon the game. Too bad it only took a year for it to Die.
Where did you hear that Warlods was the most active playlist? That is clearly wrong...Here's what 343i had to say about it in a recent community update:

"Friday looked like it was an overall pretty good experience for everyone who came to play and the data shows that matchmaking was pretty good when there were many teams in the rotation. While the total number of players who participated in Warzone actually exceeded our expectations, it’s still a very, very tiny fraction of our overall Halo 5 player population (and a small sliver of the normal Warzone population). By Sunday the population had all but dried up and the matching experience deteriorated dramatically.

Warlords was an interesting experiment at least in the sense that it was a really cool exercise to build an event and promote and drive a focused group of players toward one playlist at one time. And it was fun (despite the -Yoink--kicking) for 343 to be right there in the mix as well. Friday afternoon and into Saturday was pretty cool to see and we think there’s something to a potential Warlords offering being semi-frequent but spaced out enough to drive critical mass and allow teams to better plan and coordinate.

Right now the team is taking a look at player feedback and data but also wants to work on a few tweaks to try and improve the matchmaking experience. Additionally we’re looking into a bug that surfaced with join-in-progress that prevented anyone from re-joining at all if two players ended up dropping. Assuming the team can iron out these issues we’re looking at bringing Warlords back again for another scheduled test drive in a month or so. Stay tuned."

No one really wants this, all this noise about 12v12 competitive matches is from a tiny minority of the population. Most of the people who want 12man WZ teams back are guys who're looking for easy wins in WZ against randoms. By the 3rd day of Warlords it was basically a handful of teams left playing.

Also, the player population is fine. Que times are fast as ever, and the server browser always has many pages of games to look through.

Your post is full of misinformation.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Looonski wrote:
TRON 092 wrote:
Where did you hear that Warlods was the most active playlist? That is clearly wrong...Here's what 343i had to say about it in a recent community update:

"Friday looked like it was an overall pretty good experience for everyone who came to play and the data shows that matchmaking was pretty good when there were many teams in the rotation. While the total number of players who participated in Warzone actually exceeded our expectations, it’s still a very, very tiny fraction of our overall Halo 5 player population (and a small sliver of the normal Warzone population). By Sunday the population had all but dried up and the matching experience deteriorated dramatically.

Warlords was an interesting experiment at least in the sense that it was a really cool exercise to build an event and promote and drive a focused group of players toward one playlist at one time. And it was fun (despite the -Yoink--kicking) for 343 to be right there in the mix as well. Friday afternoon and into Saturday was pretty cool to see and we think there’s something to a potential Warlords offering being semi-frequent but spaced out enough to drive critical mass and allow teams to better plan and coordinate.

Right now the team is taking a look at player feedback and data but also wants to work on a few tweaks to try and improve the matchmaking experience. Additionally we’re looking into a bug that surfaced with join-in-progress that prevented anyone from re-joining at all if two players ended up dropping. Assuming the team can iron out these issues we’re looking at bringing Warlords back again for another scheduled test drive in a month or so. Stay tuned."

No one really wants this, all this noise about 12v12 competitive matches is from a tiny minority of the population. Most of the people who want 12man WZ teams back are guys who're looking for easy wins in WZ against randoms. By the 3rd day of Warlords it was basically a handful of teams left playing.

Also, the player population is fine. Que times are fast as ever, and the server browser always has many pages of games to look through.

He is wrong on warlords being the most active, however you too lack information when you say the pop is just fine.

i can go based off ranked playlists having que issues in the higher tiers, social modes having issues with their hidden ranks where people have recorded 30+ minute search times, the search parameters 343 implemented into the game not doing its job for many people (people having to search in expanded at the cost of quality games) and the ever declining sales of the halo franchise by millions. Could go off the Xbox most played list as well. In the end no one truly knows the pop but 343, it's speculation on if it's good or bad.

in short I strongly think halos pop is truly -Yoinked!-, because of a incompetent dev that has no idea what they're doing and refusing to partake with the feedback their "entitled" community gives them.

now that we have that out of the way (cuz just seeing your response already tells me you'll blow mine off, I've had plenty of experience with people in doubt and say x is fine while disclaiming others while they too show nothing for theirs).

you're utterly clueless thinking people want 12 man back for easy wins, it reeks of ignorance and is false. It's just as bad as those saying only farmers want 12 man back. Do you not think people simply like playing in large groups? It's something previous halos were great at, never even thought of punishing teams or going vs it's own advertising, didn't punish social players who actually talked or communicated. I'll ignore the "minority" you brought up as it's really irrelevant as even 343 missed the point some people gave. When people complained about the fireteam size going to 6 man, it wasn't JUST those who rolled in 12 man groups...... it also effected those who rolled in 7,8,9,10, and 11. So 343 ignored 7-11 and made a 12 man only forced mode that was setup to fail and now where back in a "more data needed" situation once again. Should people honestly be happy to wait months before something is fixed or even fully acknowledged?

as you can see I'm very intolerant of 343, nothing vs them specifically but my patience has ran out on them months ago and me not touching this game for nearly a month seems justified so far based on 343s effort so far. I'd love to debate why, but as I said earlier, just by how you responded to those guys pretty much says it's not worth it.
Looonski wrote:
TRON 092 wrote:
So I realized something today. I have logical proof that the H5 population is dying.

Given: 343 treats the warzone fireteam issue as a zero sum game. And to that end they have clearly chosen the side against large teams. This is fact.

So I ask, why treat it as a zero sum game? I.e. Why treat this situation as, if one side benefits then the other side MUST suffer?

We've offered many functional solutions in this thread. Some complex, some simpler and OBVIOUS and still better than what 343 has done. HOWEVER, all of our solutions are built on the belief that a large player population exists.... Because if a large population exists as 343 claims publicly, then the playlists are not zero sum.

And then it hit me... They must treat it as a zero sum game because IT IS. Their actions are confirmation that the population is not large enough to support SixDix AND 12man! The population has been teetering on edge, such that 343 can't create another concurrent wz playlist without bankrupting the other.

I believe at this point, our best bet to get 12man to return is to just leave. Everyone, just quit. We KNOW 343 has been lying about our proportion OR our impact on the population (i believe it's the former). So we need to just call them on it. All players from all companies just leave and bankrupt the H5 population as a whole.

Maybe 343 will try to lure us back with 12man, or maybe they'll just cut their losses in favor of the new Halo whatever thing coming out. But there's only one way to find out...

IT'S TIME TO MOVE ON.
The population is dead. The requirements for the Timmy helmet prove that. Last week I was playing infection and I kept play with the same people. When I tried find a different match it took a long time.

I also heard that when Warlords was out it was the most active playlist in the whole game. Other playlists had an incredibly low population. If that's true I don't think 343 will bring Warlords back.

343 has been very quiet on this whole matter. It's unknown if they are actually doing anything. I think if we don't hear anything by the end of February we abandon the game. Too bad it only took a year for it to Die.

My Intel is from someone who speaks to 343 on a regular basis. The population isn't fine. If the team population is so small 12 man Fireteams wouldn't be a issue. 12 man Fireteams are not just about quick wins.

The nosie will continue to bring back 12 man Fireteams.
Yeah, games are found very fast for me in Arena and WZ Assault, which are the only 2 playlists I really play. This change has been fantastic for me. I've completely neglected WZ till now basically.
...Arena and WZ Assault, which are the only 2 playlists I really play. This change has been fantastic for me. I've completely neglected WZ till now basically.
I have a difficult time understanding this. The change has been in place for about 4 months and you admittedly continued to neglect it until now. Assault and arena are the only playlists you really play. How is the change fantastic for you?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
Spoiler:
Show
...Arena and WZ Assault, which are the only 2 playlists I really play. This change has been fantastic for me. I've completely neglected WZ till now basically.
I have a difficult time understanding this. The change has been in place for about 4 months and you admittedly continued to neglect it until now. Assault and arena are the only playlists you really play. How is the change fantastic for you?
It keeps huge teams out of the playlist so you don't get farmed. I only search WZ solo so it makes the matches more balanced for folks like myself. I'd rather have this to play than BTB or Snipers. And I think in 2v2s you will still go against pairs of players when searching solo.
So obviously I've been away from this thread for awhile now...still no resolution for 12 man warzone....most of my company has either moved on to other titles or shifted focus to BTB...

It's honestly sad to know that one of the huge draws to this game (for me) was completely uprooted....

The only reason 343 did anything at all was at the time warlords was released they were getting a lot of bad feedback during their halo wars 2 beta....that's it....if you really get down to the very bottom of the whole situation....

343 had an interest in server lags and d/c's prior to the limit....I believe they didn't want to invest in upgrading their servers to support 2 titles....so they took a futher look into the potential financial gain by retaining veteran players and the numbers didn't add up...experienced players don't need reqs and that means less money....

Hate to say it, but warlords was just enough effort for them to say they tried.....then 343 shut the door....

Move on boys!.....halo 5 is dead....

And for this whole situation, I'll never buy another halo anything....unless 343 fixes this....
343 should have considered that making a large playlist and ways to group up would cause good people to play together. Warlords was a decent idea, but it was gone before many people got a chance to join a group. Now the only way to play with 11 other people is in customs, or risk getting soft banned.
A Pyro wrote:
343 should have considered that making a large playlist and ways to group up would cause good people to play together. Warlords was a decent idea, but it was gone before many people got a chance to join a group. Now the only way to play with 11 other people is in customs, or risk getting soft banned.
What's a soft ban?
So obviously I've been away from this thread for awhile now...still no resolution for 12 man warzone....most of my company has either moved on to other titles or shifted focus to BTB...

It's honestly sad to know that one of the huge draws to this game (for me) was completely uprooted....

The only reason 343 did anything at all was at the time warlords was released they were getting a lot of bad feedback during their halo wars 2 beta....that's it....if you really get down to the very bottom of the whole situation....

343 had an interest in server lags and d/c's prior to the limit....I believe they didn't want to invest in upgrading their servers to support 2 titles....so they took a futher look into the potential financial gain by retaining veteran players and the numbers didn't add up...experienced players don't need reqs and that means less money....

Hate to say it, but warlords was just enough effort for them to say they tried.....then 343 shut the door....

And for this whole situation, I'll never buy another halo anything....unless 343 fixes this....
FOR HONOR!!!!!!!
A Pyro wrote:
What's a soft ban?
As I understand it, a soft ban is for an amount of time rather than permanent. Correct me if there is a more official definition.
A Pyro wrote:
Now the only way to play with 11 other people is in customs, or risk getting soft banned.
What's a soft ban?
Imagine a real long, strong, and hard ban. The type that shocks other men, and instills fear in women that know they won't be able to handle it.

Then remember 343's typical half-cocked and flaccid approach to everything. You know what they're packing.
Just a sad, small, and soft... ban.

*takes a bow*
A Pyro wrote:
A Pyro wrote:
What's a soft ban?
As I understand it, a soft ban is for an amount of time rather than permanent. Correct me if there is a more official definition.
So they're banning for using the glitch now I assume?! I figured they would do that.

Kinda funny.

" come get 11 of your friends and play in the largest game mode in the franchise to date !"

until youre a problem then then we're not going to allow you to play with 11 of your friends. And if you do..... We're going to ban you!

Would have been nice to know all this in October 2016.

343i is still getting major bad feedback. I think Microsoft is yelling at them too. A lot of people myself included are waiting until February 28 2017 11:59 pm for 343 to say if they are doing anything at all to bring back 12 man Warzone.

So clocks ticking 343. They could always just do 12 man Warzone as a weekend playlist or something. Just take the restriction off every weekend. A least it's something.
A Pyro wrote:
A Pyro wrote:
What's a soft ban?
So they're banning for using the glitch now I assume?! I figured they would do that.

Kinda funny.

" come get 11 of your friends and play in the largest game mode in the franchise to date !"

until youre a problem then then we're not going to allow you to play with 11 of your friends. And if you do..... We're going to ban you!

Would have been nice to know all this in October 2016.
Yep, would've been nice.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 120
  4. 121
  5. ...
  6. 122