Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Regular Warzone 6-man Limit????? NOPE. NO THANKS.

OP I Who is that I

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 122
I think The teams are more up set on losing fast easy xp/rp. Wrecking solos. 6 man teams will make it harder to do this. I think this will help war zone more than hurt. The masses are solos.
The masses will get farmed now by 6 man teams and everyone that plays BTB casually will start getting destroyed and complain because fireteams will go there. Good luck and have fun. I know I will with all those nornfangs I was able to buy I'll be able to have fun and farm to my hearts content now that I can quick core.
It does suck for those people who do have full teams, but at the same time I see where they're coming from. This isn't permanent though, and if it's received very negatively it'll be gone.
You're about to Kill the most active Playlist in Halo 5. Please dont implement this, you already did it to WZ assault (which was a terrible idea). If people want to play solo Warzone, then create a Solo WZ playlist or a smaller one. Dont screw up a good thing here.
It's not permanent I think. That's just to test stuff out to see what they will do.
You're right, it's just a test to see that there wouldn't be so much Farming.
Unfortunately though they didn't say how long the test phase would be so the period at the moment is indefinite. It could be a week, a few weeks, a few months or longer.

The issue they are trying to fix is "blowout" games which happens when solo or small groups of casual warzone players run into a warzone team/a farming party. You don't fix that by lowering the fireteam size of a party, you fix that by splitting the playlists. Albeit the first real problem fixer was being able to search focused, balanced or expanded, but ofcourse if a part of 12 doesn't search focused they will get matched with people searching in expanded or balanced.

By limiting the fireteam size to 6 you are breaking up a number of community/spartan company nights where people play Warzone, you're also ending competitive Warzone as it is but you're also probably going to make the problem worse. You can win the opening push against a team of solo players and snowball them with 6 players (if they are a team skilled enough or are good enough shots). So now you have two parties running causing twice as many blowout games.

The issue isn't "blowout" games it's teams vs solos/groups, casual vs competitive, and lowering the fireteam size isn't going to help because whether it's a fireteam of 6 or 12 a Warzone Team is going to have a different mindset than a casual group or solo going into Warzone. So even if it's only 6 players, those 6 players will come at you hard.As has been the issue before there it's to be a distinguishment between competitive Warzone and casual/social just like there was with BTB back in Halo 3.

Plus, as it stands why not take the input of respected halo communities based around Warzone rather than the solo player? The whole ethos that 343 has taken in relation for Warzone is for it to be a team based gametype where you have to work together to take objectives such as bosses and bases. Well this is just shooting that in the face and saying "Nah it's just to groups of players on different sides fighting for an objective without an cohesion between their players.
I think The teams are more up set on losing fast easy xp/rp. Wrecking solos. 6 man teams will make it harder to do this. I think this will help war zone more than hurt. The masses are solos.
Halo 5 just pushes teams.
Small groups recruiting the better players stacking a full team of better players.

When randoms are usually 1-5 good people few average and some bad.
And no communication^

Communication is almost half of a teams skill.
Making the team of better players almost invincible!?!
FORGE PLAY wrote:
Small groups recruiting the better players stacking a full team of better players.

And no communication^

You'really plain wrong. I walk in with 12 champions in a premade lobby, communicate, and 3 minutes later collect my experience and go. Good luck, there's just a huge skill gap. YES IT PUSHES TEAMS. IT'S A TEAM BASED GAME AND PLAYLIST. IF YOU DON'T HAVE A TEAM IT'S GOING TO BE HARD FOR YOU. AM I TAKING CRAZY PILLS? SERIOUSLY HOW IS THIS THAT COMPLICATED? IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO PLAY TEAMS DO NOT GO INTO A TEAM BASED PLAYLIST. PROBLEM SOLVED. CAN I HAVE A PAYCHECK NOW 343?
Then stop ruining other people's experience because you don't have friends
If full teams didn't ruin the experience by farming, I doubt this would even be an issue. I hardly ever see people complaining about quick coring, but farming just leaves a lasting bad impression even if it's on the decline.

Reducing it to 6 man teams isn't really a good solution, but 343 isn't going to make a solo playlist when they're already saturating Warzone with multiple playlists. One fix could be having a better matching system and maybe trying a spartan company playlist similar to clan wars in H2 like Merlin suggested.
Well, you can blame the 12-man farmers who ruined it for all of the 12-man quick corers. Then that can go back to Achilles. All this for a semi-ugly armor. gg guys

Plus, its only test, so if anything goes bonkers it can be reverted
FORGE PLAY wrote:
Its MTN wrote:
Kids complain about being farmed by teams of 12, so we quick core to get fast xp to level up (which 343 made so difficult to do) and now they complain about us ending it quickly and sparing their KD ratio. Just move on from that game and play the next one not against a team, or here's a good idea, GET A TEAM TO PLAY WITH. I'm so tired of this. If this trial is like assaults and stays permanent I'm done playing this game and a lot of my friends are too. You think farming was an issue? Most teams of 12 quick cored but now, you're sticking 6 strong players in a lobby with 6 randoms. The farming is going to grow, kids are going to be mad, and you'll regret it. SMH 343 you're the ones killing the community not the farming. I can't even believe that this is the solution you came up with. Matching full teams 12 on 12 was my favorite part of this game and now that's gone.

MTN out.
Not everyone has the privilege of playing with a TEAM.

and even if you do they don't always want to play the modes you do.

So than your forced to play modes you don't like or play solo till they want to play your modes.
Then stop ruining other people's experience because you don't have friends
Like FORGE PLAY said, not everybody has a team to play with 24/7. And, how is that ruining people's experience exactly?
I am so frustrated by this move that I can barley type a message that wont get me banned from the forums. In fact i cant even think I'm so angry. Is this because I farmed anyone with a 343 emblem and messaged them to bring back 12 man wz assault? If so; I'm sorry. Truly sorry. You have made a game with so much potential of being the best halo ever; yet you always make some internal decisions that just go so poorly. I am sorry I took that frustration out on you guys. Now I am just begging you guys please; please don't do this. Spartan companies have allowed me to connect with so many great halo people all through grouping together in groups of 12 and playing wz. Its really hard for me to even think about that being taken away. All because a team game is hard for some solo players to play. I cant believe we are being punished for teamwork. Loook out as lethul frosty and two randoms take on team envy with 2 randoms huke and pistola. Please please dont do this; there is a better solution out there you can find it 343. PS this is your last shot to keep my faith in halo; as if this is implemented i will be uninstalling halo.
Fireteam of 6 and 6 randoms vs another fireteam of 6 and 6 randoms.

This won't end well.
FORGE PLAY wrote:

And no communication^

You'really plain wrong. I walk in with 12 champions in a premade lobby, communicate, and 3 minutes later collect my experience and go. Good luck, there's just a huge skill gap. YES IT PUSHES TEAMS. IT'S A TEAM BASED GAME AND PLAYLIST. IF YOU DON'T HAVE A TEAM IT'S GOING TO BE HARD FOR YOU. AM I TAKING CRAZY PILLS? SERIOUSLY HOW IS THIS THAT COMPLICATED? IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO PLAY TEAMS DO NOT GO INTO A TEAM BASED PLAYLIST. PROBLEM SOLVED. CAN I HAVE A PAYCHECK NOW 343?
Oh my...here come the All Caps...
STSLPO wrote:
FORGE PLAY wrote:

And no communication^

Minus the caps, dude's got a point.
Good thing I can just go play titanfall for a while... Thanks 343. in all seriousness, though... why? What does this accomplish? As someone who advocates the ending of games as soon as physically possible, this is extremely obnoxious... How am I supposed to enjoy matching against a full team if we now have the effect of randoms, of a random skill level on both sides of the lobby? How is this at all an improvement to warzone?
It not that hard of a concept to wrap your head around so I struggle with why 343 can't understand. The issue is solo/small groups vs team/full parties. Limiting the fireteam size doesn't change the fact teams/full parties are going to go into Warzone and wreck solo/casual groups, it just means the severity for each individual game may be lowered slightly, but you're going to have more games going because there are more parties increasing your chances of having one of these blowout games.

Splitting playlists as worked before and it only makes sense. It also lets people know what they are walking into when they chose to select a playlist.
Fishztikz wrote:
Well, you can blame the 12-man farmers who ruined it for all of the 12-man quick corers. Then that can go back to Achilles. All this for a semi-ugly armor. gg guys

Plus, its only test, so if anything goes bonkers it can be reverted
Ok but how long will it last? And you say it can be reverted but what happens if most of the Warzone teams stop playing Warzone, 343 think they solved the problem and keep it it? It's not that they found a solution to the problem. It's like having an issue with your hand and then cutting off the arm. The problem is gone sure but so is the arm. You want to find a solution to blowout games whilst still keeping the Warzone activity levels/desire to play Warzone the same.

When teams and spartan companies can't play for the test period so they think "It's ok we'll just wait it out til it reverts." and then it never does? Well then you've just lost a bunch of activity in that playlist and killed a number of social nights people have playing Halo. It might be different if you join premade lobbies of high ranking/skilled players and you slay your way to victory, but for a lot of Spartan Companies and Halo Communities we have Warzone nights and Warzone is the center of a lot of our social halo playing. You're killing that. You're killing Warzone and you're killing Halo communities.
Skippy575 wrote:
STSLPO wrote:
FORGE PLAY wrote:

And no communication^

Minus the caps, dude's got a point.
Yeah. I'm really a mixed bag on this. Both sides have valid arguments and this solution only partially fulfills each side.

A better solution would've been separate lobbies but I guess we will see how this works...
Will definitely be interesting! If it helps prevent farming players, I'm for it.
Honestly, we can sit and argue back and forth all day, but ultimately what it comes down to is what the data says after implementation. We'll just have to wait and see.
Cizlin wrote:
Honestly, we can sit and argue back and forth all day, but ultimately what it comes down to is what the data says after implementation. We'll just have to wait and see.
Here here.
You're about to Kill the most active Playlist in Halo 5. Please dont implement this, you already did it to WZ assault (which was a terrible idea). If people want to play solo Warzone, then create a Solo WZ playlist or a smaller one. Dont screw up a good thing here.
It's really just an extension and in the spirit of warzone if you think about it. You have to deal with the AI, the other team, and now, the BK's on your team. Only the truly strong and versatile will "carry" the load.
Cizlin wrote:
Good post man, good post. I do agree, it only matters when it gets implemented after this test. (I got to Silver today!)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 122