Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Regular Warzone 6-man Limit????? NOPE. NO THANKS.

OP I Who is that I

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 68
  4. 69
  5. 70
  6. 71
  7. 72
  8. ...
  9. 122
If you are against 6 player fireteam WZ.........

STOP PLAYING IT THEN

Playing it just proves you will play WZ no matter what 343 does to it.
Croh wrote:

STOP PLAYING IT THEN

I'm not against playing warzone...
I'm opposed to removing teams completely from warzone, I don't feel I have a point to prove aside from that....I want to see 343 be successful and I enjoy my free DLC....

I this is a difference of opinion that both sides are agreeing to respect one anothers ability to enjoy a game in the compasity in which they choose...
The majority wants a less stressful/less competitive warzone playlist...I believe they have the foundation for that with this latest update and I could go even further to say some additional improvements could be made to really satisfy their experience judging on feedback...

We dont feel entitled to a 12 v 12 playlist, however wed appreciate support from the community to help up really make this a full fledged seperate competitive playlist, in order to facilitate teams and other larger groups to match each other in the absence of an adequate matchmaking system that should've prevented this from ever being a problem in the first place....

"If you can understand the me, then I can understand the you" -metallica
Croh wrote:

STOP PLAYING IT THEN

Boycotts won't work. 343 does not care about its established gamers in halo 5. Most of us here who want an option for 12 player fireteams have full unlocked reqs or close to it. We are not the players who will be buying pack bundles. New players during the holidays likely will. Every decision they make is to push microtransactions.

I think if 343 could remove every decent player from warzone to let new players have their field day the would.

I was going to purchase my first pack before the fireteam change. I was going to buy the voices or war pack. But now I'm holding off on that until I see a option for me to play on a 12 player fireteam.

edit- also unrelated. But I think if you had included the normal announcer ( sorry, I don't know his name) in that pack for warzone more people would have bought it.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Considering the fact that several playlists take an eternity to find matches one can safely assume that the population isnt bursting.

ISN'T OR IS? have you not been able to find a match? What are your match making times? No its 343's fault for letting that happen in the first place(Seriously who thought it was a good idea). You guys took advantage of the system and now that 343 has fixed it you complain about it because you can no longer take advantage of it again.
I took advantage of the system? Or did you choose to not join a spartan company after repeated trys/losses? How was it impossible for you to assemble friends to play against other teams?Youre asking for a separate playlist at the cost of splitting the population even more, so yeah it is selfish.
we have:Forge, customs, arena (social/ranked),3 different types of firefight....and yet a strictly casual warzone/warzone assualt....do these subgroups distract from your match making also?It doesn't matter what input you give, a somewhat coordinated team will always trump a unorganized team there's nothing you can do to stop it.
your exactly right, this is how all this started...twould completely different groups/opinions on how they want to play the game were funneled into the same playlist...the competitive guys with full fireteams slaughtered every random lobby....this was known to be a problem since launch....6 months prior to us trying to spare casuals from getting stomped, it was silenced by the sprint/splitscreen uproar at the time...Warzone was decided by the community to be a social playlist because again it did replace BTB...
BTB=Big Team Battle...this is the gametype that fostered team play prior to warzone...which is why it was evident 2 days after launch to be a problem because these teams have been around since halo 2...We've always been here....social sure, strictly casual is YOUR opinionthe other social gametype that is agreed upon by the whole community to be social.
again because most competitive guys migrated to warzone at launchI dont advocate for the complete removal of fireteams from Warzone because again its a social playlist, your supposed to play and talk with your freinds and have a good time, not got all tryhard just because you have an advantage over everyone else.
Neither do i....or any of us. You just can't have too many friends in at one time....bexcuse some people find weak excuses to not join a team because of whatever life issues they have don't allow...yet on the other hand say your the dedicated ones... you completely ignored most of this thread and skipped over the key part "some of us just wanted to play other teams" and did for a fact schedule clan matches...and if warzone was added to customers the night spartan dads played the halowheelmen 2 games in 5 hours....17 teams of randoms could have been spared the losses...I know what a farmer is and I never said getting destroyed constituted as farming.
are you sure? That's the #1 complaint,#2 when 343 didn't care about year after was "Blowout matches"....when farming was considered by my company to be unacceptable behavior and unsportsmanlike....FYI just because you win at Warzone doesn't mean your good and its funny that you actually think that.
I never claimed to be good, if you want a self-esteem boost try looking at my stats...lolIf you wanna show off your "skills" then go and play some arena
I think I'll stick to warzone despite your suggestion, as that's my preference....I don't tell you to play another playlist when I ask for the current version of Warzone to be the casual goto version and ask for a different seperate playlist to spend money on reqs and play other teams...where matches aren't blowouts every time and your "skill" isn't dictated by who has the better armory available.
Armor? Who cares about the armor...i'd gift the achillies armor to you if you wanted it that bad....has absolutly no bearing on my play whatsoever...There is nothing competitive about Warzone and I dont see how you can view playing the lottery as competitive.
as most casuals think, however it wain't such a lottery when you were stuffed into your core inside 5 minutes....there is strategy, callouts and provisions at every second in a match...if you think that it's sad....most solos even acknowledge it's complexity and make no mistake, had teams not mastered it to the point, if you didn't have a team you wouldn't win....we wouldn't have this issue now....
I took advantage of the system? Or did you choose to not join a spartan company after repeated trys/losses? How was it impossible for you to assemble friends to play against other teams?
Oh so lets just get this straight. To enjoy a game of warzone, I would have to: go to halo waypoint, find a suitable spartan company, go through their application process, be accepted, make friends within that company, learn the ''''''''strategies''''''''' they employ, grind out req packs to have the gear i need to fit into those strategies, coordinate times when we can get 10+ people online, and THEN finally queue for a warzone game. Well great, I just spent 2 weeks of preparation and am now ready to have a fun time in warzone. Seems reasonable to me.Armor? Who cares about the armor...i'd gift the achillies armor to you if you wanted it that bad....has absolutly no bearing on my play whatsoever...
AMORY not armor. As in the weapons available to you not the cosmetic items you have equipped. as most casuals think, however it wain't such a lottery when you were stuffed into your core inside 5 minutes....there is strategy, callouts and provisions at every second in a match...if you think that it's sad....most solos even acknowledge it's complexity and make no mistake, had teams not mastered it to the point, if you didn't have a team you wouldn't win....we wouldn't have this issue now....
I will most likely never convince you of this, as you are delusional, but 16 man warzone takes about as much strategy as tic tac toe. If you find warzone to be strategically engaging, then see a doctor, because you might be a monkey.
Dude has insignificant stats, and an ignificant viewpoint, and is himself, and insignificunt player. Please preach more about how your colossal brain is too powerful for warzone.
You really want to talk about stats when you are diamond in every playlist? I mean, hurling insults is one way to avoid responding to any of the points I made, but is it really wise to trash talk someone better than you? You actually might be a monkey......
I really don't play ranked arena much except to get my champ at the beginning of each season but I would be happy to octagon you if you want to keep calling me a monkey and we can see how fast I rip your head off
octagon is a warmup game mode. Add me and we can play a real 1v1, which I might add will prove nothing regarding the discussion here, but if you want it that bad then I'm happy to give it to you.
Spoiler:
Show
This thread is sweaty.
Softie IRL wrote:
Considering the fact that several playlists take an eternity to find matches one can safely assume that the population isnt bursting.

ISN'T OR IS? have you not been able to find a match? What are your match making times? No its 343's fault for letting that happen in the first place(Seriously who thought it was a good idea). You guys took advantage of the system and now that 343 has fixed it you complain about it because you can no longer take advantage of it again.
I took advantage of the system? Or did you choose to not join a spartan company after repeated trys/losses? How was it impossible for you to assemble friends to play against other teams?Youre asking for a separate playlist at the cost of splitting the population even more, so yeah it is selfish.
we have:Forge, customs, arena (social/ranked),3 different types of firefight....and yet a strictly casual warzone/warzone assualt....do these subgroups distract from your match making also?It doesn't matter what input you give, a somewhat coordinated team will always trump a unorganized team there's nothing you can do to stop it.
your exactly right, this is how all this started...twould completely different groups/opinions on how they want to play the game were funneled into the same playlist...the competitive guys with full fireteams slaughtered every random lobby....this was known to be a problem since launch....6 months prior to us trying to spare casuals from getting stomped, it was silenced by the sprint/splitscreen uproar at the time...Warzone was decided by the community to be a social playlist because again it did replace BTB...
BTB=Big Team Battle...this is the gametype that fostered team play prior to warzone...which is why it was evident 2 days after launch to be a problem because these teams have been around since halo 2...We've always been here....social sure, strictly casual is YOUR opinionthe other social gametype that is agreed upon by the whole community to be social.
again because most competitive guys migrated to warzone at launchI dont advocate for the complete removal of fireteams from Warzone because again its a social playlist, your supposed to play and talk with your freinds and have a good time, not got all tryhard just because you have an advantage over everyone else.
Neither do i....or any of us. You just can't have too many friends in at one time....bexcuse some people find weak excuses to not join a team because of whatever life issues they have don't allow...yet on the other hand say your the dedicated ones... you completely ignored most of this thread and skipped over the key part "some of us just wanted to play other teams" and did for a fact schedule clan matches...and if warzone was added to customers the night spartan dads played the halowheelmen 2 games in 5 hours....17 teams of randoms could have been spared the losses...I know what a farmer is and I never said getting destroyed constituted as farming.
are you sure? That's the #1 complaint,#2 when 343 didn't care about year after was "Blowout matches"....when farming was considered by my company to be unacceptable behavior and unsportsmanlike....FYI just because you win at Warzone doesn't mean your good and its funny that you actually think that.
I never claimed to be good, if you want a self-esteem boost try looking at my stats...lolIf you wanna show off your "skills" then go and play some arena
I think I'll stick to warzone despite your suggestion, as that's my preference....I don't tell you to play another playlist when I ask for the current version of Warzone to be the casual goto version and ask for a different seperate playlist to spend money on reqs and play other teams...where matches aren't blowouts every time and your "skill" isn't dictated by who has the better armory available.
Armor? Who cares about the armor...i'd gift the achillies armor to you if you wanted it that bad....has absolutly no bearing on my play whatsoever...There is nothing competitive about Warzone and I dont see how you can view playing the lottery as competitive.
as most casuals think, however it wain't such a lottery when you were stuffed into your core inside 5 minutes....there is strategy, callouts and provisions at every second in a match...if you think that it's sad....most solos even acknowledge it's complexity and make no mistake, had teams not mastered it to the point, if you didn't have a team you wouldn't win....we wouldn't have this issue now....
I took advantage of the system? Or did you choose to not join a spartan company after repeated trys/losses? How was it impossible for you to assemble friends to play against other teams?
Oh so lets just get this straight. To enjoy a game of warzone, I would have to: go to halo waypoint, find a suitable spartan company, go through their application process, be accepted, make friends within that company, learn the ''''''''strategies''''''''' they employ, grind out req packs to have the gear i need to fit into those strategies, coordinate times when we can get 10+ people online, and THEN finally queue for a warzone game. Well great, I just spent 2 weeks of preparation and am now ready to have a fun time in warzone. Seems reasonable to me.Armor? Who cares about the armor...i'd gift the achillies armor to you if you wanted it that bad....has absolutly no bearing on my play whatsoever...
AMORY not armor. As in the weapons available to you not the cosmetic items you have equipped. as most casuals think, however it wain't such a lottery when you were stuffed into your core inside 5 minutes....there is strategy, callouts and provisions at every second in a match...if you think that it's sad....most solos even acknowledge it's complexity and make no mistake, had teams not mastered it to the point, if you didn't have a team you wouldn't win....we wouldn't have this issue now....
I will most likely never convince you of this, as you are delusional, but 16 man warzone takes about as much strategy as tic tac toe. If you find warzone to be strategically engaging, then see a doctor, because you might be a monkey.
Dude has insignificant stats, and an ignificant viewpoint, and is himself, and insignificunt player. Please preach more about how your colossal brain is too powerful for warzone.
You really want to talk about stats when you are diamond in every playlist? I mean, hurling insults is one way to avoid responding to any of the points I made, but is it really wise to trash talk someone better than you? You actually might be a monkey......
I really don't play ranked arena much except to get my champ at the beginning of each season but I would be happy to octagon you if you want to keep calling me a monkey and we can see how fast I rip your head off
octagon is a warmup game mode. Add me and we can play a real 1v1, which I might add will prove nothing regarding the discussion here, but if you want it that bad then I'm happy to give it to you.
Spoiler:
Show
This thread is sweaty.
Your grandmother is awesome if she's a champion in ffa....btw, will you two please go sweet talk each other off to the side? Thank you
I want to encourage all skills to come weigh their opinions, provided they're constructive....this really isn't helping that...

You two are no use to us being banned from the thread....
Softie IRL wrote:

Spoiler:
Show
This thread is sweaty.
#Popcorn Anyone?

To add something constructive to this post.

I played a game yesterday and 4 of my Random teammates went 4-47 COMBINE!!! The sweat was too real for the rest of us carrying them. I would feel that they would have fared better in a separate playlist.

Spoiler:
Show
How about this, you pass up my free for all before I pass up your slayer and team arena? Just giving you a heads up, you have at most 12 hours.

To add to this discussion, the matchmaking system is completely abusable and needs to be changed. He did bring up a good point with free for all though. Automatic weapons need to be nerfed and less CSR needs to be rewarded to losing players in free for all. It is way too easy to rank up.
@shak3ss what was your specific spartan companies morals in regards to farming in warzone? ....as you see most solo players hate that and most of them know enough by now that the teams here talking didn't agree with it.... I see your in achillies
well its been a couple of weeks now can we have an update on 12 team warzone 343 ? Can it not be like Warzone Assault that been 6 men team since this summer and changed once for about 1 day and went back to 6 ? Please i think we deserve an update of how things are going and if its goona change or not because honestly I've only been playing BTB and that not enough to keep me on halo 5 now. Also if you simply changed the fireteam limit so people who get this game during christmas dont rage at it how bad warzone is than i hope it changes back in January because this aren't so jolly times in halo 5 right now more like the dark days of christmas for halo just saying....

this was suppose to be the season for giving but you took one of the best things halo 5 had to offer 343
@shak3ss what was your specific spartan companies morals in regards to farming in warzone? ....as you see most solo players hate that and most of them know enough by now that the teams here talking didn't agree with it.... I see your in achillies
Honestly I dont know. I joined the company to get achilles, but hardly ever play with members of the company. I do believe some members play warzone together but cannot tell you how large their groups are. I also think there are many members in my company who oppose the fireteam limit in warzone, though I do not share their opinions. The only rules we have as far as I know are regarding inactivity, for obvious reasons. There is no requirement that forces members to play warzone, so I do so sparingly as I really dont enjoy playing the game mode even with a large fireteam.
Honestly I dont know. I joined the company to get achilles, but hardly ever play with members of the company. I do believe some members play warzone together but cannot tell you how large their groups are. I also think there are many members in my company who oppose the fireteam limit in warzone, though I do not share their opinions. The only rules we have as far as I know are regarding inactivity, for obvious reasons. There is no requirement that forces members to play warzone, so I do so sparingly as I really dont enjoy playing the game mode even with a large fireteam.
Hey its not for everyone!..it's my hope you don't feel slighted by what we're trying to do here, if you don't enjoy the gametype with/without a large team....can I ask if you have an opinion on what we're trying to accomplish here? And maybe where you reside in terms of favored playlist, casual or competitive?
Hey its not for everyone!..it's my hope you don't feel slighted by what we're trying to do here, if you don't enjoy the gametype with/without a large team....can I ask if you have an opinion on what we're trying to accomplish here? And maybe where you reside in terms of favored playlist, casual or competitive?
Well I made a longer post that was in favor of the changes that 343 made. When this game came out I thought warzone was one of the best innovations to halo that 343 had added to the game. It felt totally new to halo but was fun. I could run around solo with camo and assassinate 10 dudes in a row, or grab a sniper and rip heads for 5 minutes, or get in a tank whenever I wanted. However, after a while, particularly after the achilles armor became a thing, Warzone became plagued, in my opinion, by large teamstacks, who sucked all the fun out of the game mode for me. I couldnt do any of that stuff I mentioned before. There was a period of a few weeks where nearly every time I queued I was matched into a spawn camp by large fireteams. Maybe this was just unlucky matchmaking for me, but it was my experience. Therefore, I just stopped playing regular warzone alltogether.

Anyways thats my sob story about warzone. As far as your other question, I play arena competitively and with a team, traveling to LANs on the open circuit. I sincerely dont believe that warzone has potential as a competitive game mode. In fact that was part of its charm to me. It felt totally unique from arena. I could just go to warzone and chill and have fun. As much as I love competitive halo, it was nice to be able to relax, particularly before all the social playlists became a thing.

I also believe that in reality there are very few people/teams out there that want to play warzone as a competitive mode. The main attraction to grouping as large fireteams is to run over randoms. I would be wary of splitting warzone into more playlists (such as ranked), as I am concerned whether the population is large enough to support it, and it would promote warzone as something that I dont think 343 ever intended it to be. Making it a ranked playlist would also typically imply that 343 was responsible for ensuring that gameplay was well balanced, which warzone sort of inherently isnt, and that would lead to a lot of frustration in my opinion. The BEST solution I believe is to add warzone as an option in private/custom matches. If people truly want to compete in warzone, this would allow them the opportunity to do that. I think the notion is a bit comical, but if thats how you enjoy halo then so be it.
I just jumped into warzone again to just see what it would be like to play solo....honestly I'm still not happy with it... I really think from my solo player perspective once everybody hits about level 5 reqs

one of two things if going to happen:
1 your going to do the killing
2 your going to do the dying

Even still with limited teams it gives a little more freedom to move around the map, but really not that much...I wasn't for sure if I was playing a team that even had 6 people working together as it really didn't feel that way....it really seemed like the other team was being really perceptive of one another...and as for my team, I had a few guys that really didn't try to much...(I think most random lobbys do, maybe the noob factor coming into effect)

Being honest it's been really busy for me because of the holidays so my first game back I was really off, second game was a little better....I can confidently say I don't perfer this method over a team for a variety of reasons....one being communication to my teammates of threats, I know this can be done with game chat but my team didn't seem to Care that much about a banshee ripping our heads off.....in a team i would've been able to call that out and within a few minutes and the threat would've been eliminated via support from my team....I guess it's more frustrating for me to ignore the obvious and just "have fun"...

As fun as it is to spawn any variety of weapon and vehicle you want, without the ability to socialize with everyone on your team (I say this because I did call out for players on my team with a mic) I got 2 other people of 12 to try and coordinate....it's very hard to suppress the devastating effects an experienced person can bring down on people in a vehicle....
Still felt contained, still had to worry about multiple aerial threats, still had people not pressing the armory camping....to me the only noticeable difference is I wasn't trapped like a rat in a core with only one way out...

I'm not hatin, some people are better players than I and I'm sure really thrive in this playlist....but for me it just doesn't have that spark anymore without a full team...just my opinion...
I don't think limiting teams is the only solution...
Well I made a longer post that was in favor of the changes that 343 made. When this game came out I thought warzone was one of the best innovations to halo that 343 had added to the game. It felt totally new to halo but was fun. I could run around solo with camo and assassinate 10 dudes in a row, or grab a sniper and rip heads for 5 minutes, or get in a tank whenever I wanted. However, after a while, particularly after the achilles armor became a thing, Warzone became plagued, in my opinion, by large teamstacks, who sucked all the fun out of the game mode for me. I couldnt do any of that stuff I mentioned before. There was a period of a few weeks where nearly every time I queued I was matched into a spawn camp by large fireteams. Maybe this was just unlucky matchmaking for me, but it was my experience. Therefore, I just stopped playing regular warzone alltogether.

Anyways thats my sob story about warzone. As far as your other question, I play arena competitively and with a team, traveling to LANs on the open circuit. I sincerely dont believe that warzone has potential as a competitive game mode. In fact that was part of its charm to me. It felt totally unique from arena. I could just go to warzone and chill and have fun. As much as I love competitive halo, it was nice to be able to relax, particularly before all the social playlists became a thing.

I also believe that in reality there are very few people/teams out there that want to play warzone as a competitive mode. The main attraction to grouping as large fireteams is to run over randoms. I would be wary of splitting warzone into more playlists (such as ranked), as I am concerned whether the population is large enough to support it, and it would promote warzone as something that I dont think 343 ever intended it to be. Making it a ranked playlist would also typically imply that 343 was responsible for ensuring that gameplay was well balanced, which warzone sort of inherently isnt, and that would lead to a lot of frustration in my opinion. The BEST solution I believe is to add warzone as an option in private/custom matches. If people truly want to compete in warzone, this would allow them the opportunity to do that. I think the notion is a bit comical, but if thats how you enjoy halo then so be it.
Fair enough, another viable option is customs...it might be hard to network with other teams being a customs only tho. Maybe competitive traditional arena players kinda dont see this. most of us enjoy the arena playlist competitively also, so I don't see us as really different.however the notion of Warzone and approaching it as a competitive playlist is in its infancy and has a support structure from casual playlist like btb and the clans and competitive players of Arena. I am sure for a fact that there is a portion of teams that don't have any interest to play any other teams competitively and your exactly right...
But these teams have moved on to btb, and that's a social playlist intended for casuals...I do believe that they will just exploit that playlist also...
if this thing ever takes off id really like for you to try it out in a squad system so I can try to change your mind. I can assure you it gets really ,REALLY SWEATY...if you like 4v4 you'll love 12v12...good luck at your LANs, thanks for sharing your .02
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

Spoiler:
Show
el1t3k wrote:
Today another definite proof that meritocracy is dead.
Today we lost a game against a team, the team was stronger than mine, I admit without problems, their victory was just and deserved.

The thing that made me furious was to win the next game against the same team, on stormbreak, you know why we won?:

We won because the randoms of the opposite team have attacked first, we have them killed instantly, and we climbed the req level, after which their random realizing that we were strong they abandoned. So it was easy to conquer the garage taking advantage of their numerical inferiority, even though opposit team was betterr than mine, we have won.
I was sorry to see that the opposing team, to protest against the random, when we crushed them to the core they abandoned. But I understand them, have suffered an injustice because they deserved to win and the Random have completely ruined the game to them.

This Noobcracy has to end, I want a game where skill prevails, if I wanted a game of chance I would play roulette.

I hate especially those who are here to say that halo should not be competitive.
But how dare you? it is as if a GTA player went on forum of Muppet's game claiming that in the game there aren't machine guns and carnage.
But because you bought Halo? did you know that it is a competitive game or not? there are those who kill and those who die, is not a game where the flowers are watered.
do You bought it because it was "cool" and because your friends were playing there, because you have heard it the series "The big bang theory" by Scheldon Cooper and wanted to be more Nerd?
I have bought because i play Halo game since CE, because when there was the magic team of King Chameleon team on Halo Reach I was there.
Halo has its own history, has its own method, and now, you cryng children come in our game to impose your antimeritocracy rules forcing the 343 ind to make an update that destroys the meritocracy.

just because you hate to lose. If you always lose it's because you are incapable, blame yourself.

Now we find ourselves to have an absurd fireteam limit because of your noobswhims . And the beauty is that you continue to be farmed more than ever, because there is no patch to fix the incapable.
or maybe warzone is just inherently imbalanced and winning team is more often than not determined by luck and power weapons? Thats why 'good' teams drop games to -Yoink- ones, because its not a skill based game mode....
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
Spoiler:
Show
it's sad to see those players resorting to btb lol what a joke. What would be really funny is if 343 took all those kills you farmed in btb away from you or reset your spartan companies just saying. Remember it's their game so they can remove anything at any given time. So in the meantime i'll be playing WZ and will actually enjoy it. So yea you guys stay in btb
it's sad to see those players resorting to btb lol what a joke. What would be really funny is if 343 took all those kills you farmed in btb away from you or reset your spartan companies just saying. Remember it's their game so they can remove anything at any given time. So in the meantime i'll be playing WZ and will actually enjoy it. So yea you guys stay in btb
It is sad to have to resort to BTB when the fireteam gets large enough. We don't want to farm BTB or WZ; we want to match large teams vs large teams
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 68
  4. 69
  5. 70
  6. 71
  7. 72
  8. ...
  9. 122