Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Regular Warzone 6-man Limit????? NOPE. NO THANKS.

OP I Who is that I

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 69
  4. 70
  5. 71
  6. 72
  7. 73
  8. ...
  9. 122
There's currently a post on /r/halo about prioritizing party matching so solos don't get matched against teams. It's about arena game types but could be a good avenue to discuss WZ.

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/5k292c/343_has_a_great_track_record_of_fixing_halo_5/
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Anyway, I'm so happy that i have not bought voice of war pack, I was going to buy it but first gave me an error (it was not available for my Italian language) and then I realized the disaster where the 343i had limited team warzone, and they wlI no longer see even 1 cent spent by me.
You're about to Kill the most active Playlist in Halo 5. Please dont implement this, you already did it to WZ assault (which was a terrible idea). If people want to play solo Warzone, then create a Solo WZ playlist or a smaller one. Dont screw up a good thing here.
The point is to test it with the regular playlist so that they can see how badly the larger fireteams affect matches. The reason they won't test it with another playlist is EXACTLY because of your response here. No one would play it, thus ruining the results of the test.

It seems a worthy test, to me. I can see how one organized team can ABSOLUTELY ruin the Warzone experience for everyone else. Personally I NEVER play Warzone anymore, I only play Warzone Firefight because at least there I actually stand a chance and can experience using the REQs I have.
el1t3k wrote:
Today another definite proof that meritocracy is dead.
Today we lost a game against a team, the team was stronger than mine, I admit without problems, their victory was just and deserved.

The thing that made me furious was to win the next game against the same team, on stormbreak, you know why we won?:

We won because the randoms of the opposite team have attacked first, we have them killed instantly, and we climbed the req level, after which their random realizing that we were strong they abandoned. So it was easy to conquer the garage taking advantage of their numerical inferiority, even though opposit team was betterr than mine, we have won.
I was sorry to see that the opposing team, to protest against the random, when we crushed them to the core they abandoned. But I understand them, have suffered an injustice because they deserved to win and the Random have completely ruined the game to them.

This Noobcracy has to end, I want a game where skill prevails, if I wanted a game of chance I would play roulette.

I hate especially those who are here to say that halo should not be competitive.
But how dare you? it is as if a GTA player went on forum of Muppet's game claiming that in the game there aren't machine guns and carnage.
But because you bought Halo? did you know that it is a competitive game or not? there are those who kill and those who die, is not a game where the flowers are watered.
do You bought it because it was "cool" and because your friends were playing there, because you have heard it the series "The big bang theory" by Scheldon Cooper and wanted to be more Nerd?
I have bought because i play Halo game since CE, because when there was the magic team of King Chameleon team on Halo Reach I was there.
Halo has its own history, has its own method, and now, you cryng children come in our game to impose your antimeritocracy rules forcing the 343 ind to make an update that destroys the meritocracy.

just because you hate to lose. If you always lose it's because you are incapable, blame yourself.

Now we find ourselves to have an absurd fireteam limit because of your noobswhims . And the beauty is that you continue to be farmed more than ever, because there is no patch to fix the incapable.
or maybe warzone is just inherently imbalanced and winning team is more often than not determined by luck and power weapons? Thats why 'good' teams drop games to -Yoink- ones, because its not a skill based game mode....
Look you already said what your thoughts were, all of us respect YOUR opinion, but just because you lack the experience of playing with a team in this game type does not mean that it cannot be competitive just because your mind can rationalize the thought of having so many overwhelming variables via weapons,vehicles or size as compared to what YOUR use to in arena does not mean when you say it's not competitive to YOU, that it's not competitive to us...
Trust me it is competitive, probably more so or equal to arena, where instead of just one or two people having the power weapons,overshield/invisibility and controlling the spawns on a dwarfed scale....
In warzone ANYBODY can control a power weapons, anybody who has one can be taken out with another spawned by an enemy from anywhere on the map....you mean to tell me you don't have to be more proactive in warzone than arena is just ignoring the obvious, you can be the greatest 1v1 player in the world and it don't mean jack when your getting your balls shot off by 12 people from 360 degrees....that's why squads are necessary and strategies to control movement are the primary means of success in warzone....I give you all the respect a player of your caliber and experience deserves but you sound like an -Yoink- who has no clue what he's talking about and most have already settled on the idea that were not here to argue what is or is not competitive.....let me get my team of 12 against your randoms if you feel that's the way it should be played....but the catch is you have to try to win....maybe when the end score is 1000-8 maybe then you'll come around to the idea of exactly how much we've studied this game mode over a year and your ideas have to come a long way before meeting me and my guys on even ground.....I don't want to do that but don't ignore the obvious, please! You already said it's not your preference so quit trying to convince people that teams are not a real thing I find your dismissive attitude insulting....I show you respect, show some back or beat it...
You're about to Kill the most active Playlist in Halo 5. Please dont implement this, you already did it to WZ assault (which was a terrible idea). If people want to play solo Warzone, then create a Solo WZ playlist or a smaller one. Dont screw up a good thing here.
The point is to test it with the regular playlist so that they can see how badly the larger fireteams affect matches. The reason they won't test it with another playlist is EXACTLY because of your response here. No one would play it, thus ruining the results of the test.

It seems a worthy test, to me. I can see how one organized team can ABSOLUTELY ruin the Warzone experience for everyone else. Personally I NEVER play Warzone anymore, I only play Warzone Firefight because at least there I actually stand a chance and can experience using the REQs I have.
And that's an absolute shame you had to ignore a playlist because the matchmaking couldn't rationalize the psychological damage it would do to solo players by bringing in a full team of 12 players against a lobby of 12 seperate players....I will remind you that comment my friend made was out of frustration and he was upset because this wasn't our unjust act....we decide to pay with a team, mostly in part because we liked the gametype too much to give it up because we were getting farmed....the halo wheelmen have been trying to fix this issue for over half a year now prior to the update and that is a fact...

It is a worthy test, however most of us want to know to what end? So if we find the ideal matchmaking against a single player or new player? Sure that's great, I don't think even 6 people in a fireteam is a great idea....I'd lean to 4 max...Ideally no more than groups of 2-3 people if you really want to enhance the solo players experience....but to completely take teams out when it's obvious we have subgroups all over this community look at the division in arena (social and unranked),Customs,Forge, 3 different types of firefight....but the only viable place these people have to play in a large fireteam is a (social) playlist....THAT'S A PROBLEM! 343 just funneled some of the most sweaty coordinated players halo has to offer in a casual playlist...and I'm taking people that have played as a unit and developed a language all there own and are comfortable and know each other's actions mostly before they're teammates even do them..it's unreal and unjust to just kick these players around and pretend that playing in a large group isn't a thing....fox news said by 2020 markets project large fps games that support large fireteams by increasing socialization will be a 1 billion dollar a year industry.....look at battlefield 1 if you think I'm wrong....We've been in halo for over 15 years and a company shouldnt be able to just kick it's most dedicated experienced players out, most of us question that also in terms of did we just get the boot because we've played so much we don't have to buy reqs anymore?....343 even said farming was only in 5% of all warzone matches....this is about blowouts....why? Not req usage.. .think about it! One day you might be on the chopping block....Forbes noted 2 days after launch after an editor got farmed while writing a review and he specifically stated that is a big problem with matchmaking.....wake up people, teams aren't the bad guys, this isn't a punishment, this isn't a you vs me....or even about who 343 cares more about in terms of casual/competitive.....this is about MONEY!!!! Nothing else!!! New players have a need to buy reqs, reqs keep the 343 ship sailing....343 could give 2 -Yoink- about who plays what or why, they want the money....that's what's unjust here!
343 this has to be the stupidest decision you've ever made. Warzone is a team based game and when you take that away, you're forcing Warzone Teams to play with randoms who most likely don't know what they're doing and we have to carry them. You did this as a way to stop blowout games and farming games but they still happen anyway. I was playing Warzone last week on A.R.C, the best farming map and you know what happened when we got tripcapped? We got farmed like a muthaf**ka. Not only that but I've still been in blowout games as well. This hasn't changed anything. People are still getting farmed and people are still getting just annihilated and steamrolled. I had more fun playing with 12 people and farming and blowout games happened less.

You guys need to bring back 12 man fireteams to Warzone and WZ Assault. We need to be able to play with our full teams again.
343 this has to be the stupidest decision you've ever made. Warzone is a team based game and when you take that away, you're forcing Warzone Teams to play with randoms who most likely don't know what they're doing and we have to carry them. You did this as a way to stop blowout games and farming games but they still happen anyway. I was playing Warzone last week on A.R.C, the best farming map and you know what happened when we got tripcapped? We got farmed like a muthaf**ka. Not only that but I've still been in blowout games as well. This hasn't changed anything. People are still getting farmed and people are still getting just annihilated and steamrolled. I had more fun playing with 12 people and farming and blowout games happened less.

You guys need to bring back 12 man fireteams to Warzone and WZ Assault. We need to be able to play with our full teams again.
Hoo-rah! What this guys said!
If your going to play solo in warzone I feel matching against 6 man teams is STILL A terrible ideal....they need to see THE 3 PART POST in this thread by "III SURGE III" <----- THIS GUY KNOWS WHAT NEEDS DONE!

If your going to play solo in warzone I feel matching against 6 man teams is STILL A terrible ideal....they need to see THE 3 PART POST in this thread by "III SURGE III" <----- THIS GUY KNOWS WHAT NEEDS DONE!
Lol thanks for the support. We need to be able to play with our full fireteams again. Its always such a great experience just talking with all your friends, joking around, having laughs and facing off against other fireteams.

Lol thanks for the support. We need to be able to play with our full fireteams again. Its always such a great experience just talking with all your friends, joking around, having laughs and facing off against other fireteams.
That's what it's all about brother! If this thing ever gets off the ground look me up and maybe we can have some friendly competition....have a great holiday everyone!
Merry Christmas... Hey 343i. Want to know what I want most for a present today??
12man FIRETEAM for Warzone back.
Time to add some constructive feedback
Tbh my desire to play this game has started dwindle, I'm sure we wont even hear or get this reverted back for a few more weeks. I've honestly felt the population starting to feed.
Merry Christmas... Hey 343i. Want to know what I want most for a present today??
Tbh my desire to play this game has started dwindle, I'm sure we wont even hear or get this reverted back for a few more weeks. I've honestly felt the population starting to feed.
Same. I fit Halo into my schedule to play with my team and community. This entire situation with 343 feels so hostile that I find it hard to even play the game at this point. I've tried to play BTB but I just do not like the way it feels in this game, and I honestly haven't really enjoyed BTB since Halo 3. I played Invasion in Reach, walked away from Halo in 4, and then came back for Warzone in this game.

They talk about having a positive conversation with the community, but no one has responded to us. We've only received vague messages and veiled dismissive responses on Reddit and Twitter. This just feels pretty rude at this point. They drop this on us before the holidays and then leave. A bunch of us are finally off and can put the time in to play together and here we are wondering even if we'll ever be able to play together again.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not make inappropriate or non-constructive comments.
Spoiler:
Show
As much as I love all of the positive things about Halo 5, this whole situation is so frustrating that it has totally put me off. I tried to play one day again since the update, and just didn't get the enjoyment I want from it. Then I thought about whether I was really getting any enjoyment from it at all, or whether I was just having a good time playing Halo with 11 of my friends at once. After really mulling it over, I think it might just be the latter. Regardless, I enjoyed strategizing and playing a game I love with people I love, and now that it's gone I'm finding little purpose in investing as much time in the game, especially in Warzone.

New Year, new game I suppose. Happy Holidays, everyone! Have a safe, happy, and healthful New Year.
My group's been having the opposite experience; we are playing against all new people and feeling the simple enjoyment of this video game again. Hopefully we see a solution where both "league play" and "pick-up ball" can have their own courts to enjoy the game on.
HWM Sarge wrote:
Same. I fit Halo into my schedule to play with my team and community. This entire situation with 343 feels so hostile that I find it hard to even play the game at this point. I've tried to play BTB but I just do not like the way it feels in this game, and I honestly haven't really enjoyed BTB since Halo 3. I played Invasion in Reach, walked away from Halo in 4, and then came back for Warzone in this game.

They talk about having a positive conversation with the community, but no one has responded to us. We've only received vague messages and veiled dismissive responses on Reddit and Twitter. This just feels pretty rude at this point. They drop this on us before the holidays and then leave. A bunch of us are finally off and can put the time in to play together and here we are wondering even if we'll ever be able to play together again.
Glad it's not just me feeling this way....I talked to ske7ch and basically I got the vague "were considering this possible senerio and testing will resume post holiday.." Which is basically saying (yeah we hear you, we'll think about it...BTW January doesn't look good for you either.)
I've noticed this whole senerio bring forward In me a vast array of emotions, most times I'm angry over this or completely disgusted....
On my team my squad was defense, I feel its my obligation to look after my crew, I just have to keep reminding myself to stand my ground and continue to push the issue and gain support for 12v12....my conscious is clear as I haven't abused anyone by farming ,ever! I'm thankful for the support from players on the opposite side of things coming forward in this thread and supporting us....even if its harsh criticism, I feel like its going to take people like us to make this thing work..... Ive thought at times where exactly everyone is at and why they haven't come forward by the Masses. I feel its because the shame that's been unjustly placed on us teams (by the whole community not exactly understanding the full situation was entirely in 343's control) that is an undisputable fact!...if 343 cared about farming they would've done something about it long ago, that's not 343 picking sides and choosing one group over another....they care about "blowouts" and theyre using solo players negative feelings towards teams as a shield for lacking the ability to develop an adequate matchmaking that prevents things like this from happening In the first place . Then further adding "dog piling" as a means to talk to then populationd largest player base almost as if to say "were doing this for you guys,back us up"... that IS a load of bull****!!!! Theyve known teams have existed for a while..continued to do nothing and months ago they even said at best it was only 5% of games....that's not a big enough problem to call for an ubrupt change... yet another form of 343 manipulating the emotions of the community of solo players by attempting to create yet another total uproar, (their really good at this BTW) which has most teams sitting back and staying quite probably mostly due to the fact they feel they'll be shamed and angered into a pointless argument that changes nothing.

In conclusion...
Remember this! THROUGH COMPETITION, you have an excellent means in which to IMPROVE YOUR PRODUCT...some may think that's funny, stupid or not legitimate to say...I assure you they are wrong!
we are the most dedicated players in this playlist and have seen beyond your own design! we wouldn't be coming here unless our opinions and experience didn't say that there is a better resolution here for everyone.... IT DOES NOT START BY US TEAMS SAYING WERE SORRY, we choose a way we like to play a game and the matchmaking certainly didn't enhance the experience for anyone, what was our choice? Not play because you wont fix the problem yourself?..it is not our job to repair your product if you dont care enough to do it yourself!..that's what you as a company need to fess up to! WERE HOLDING YOU ACCOUNTABLE AS WELL...So what if anyone cares you made a mistake?! in my book if you correct it....that's all that matters to anyone....

This test is absolutly pointless, you know it ...its obvious 6 is less a challenge than 12....no brainer! requires absolutely no testing for my common sense to start tingling about that thought .. I almost be willing to bet that the MORE you reduce the party size to enhance a single players experience I'd say perhaps no fireteam would be even better....that way if some continues to die in warzone going Rambo, they just know the universe is telling them to improve and you completely take the teaming up BS out of the argument...

This decision is about MONEY....either your unwilling to reinvest in your product, or not making enough.....nothing else....
Sooner or later you need to put on your big boy pants and make things right for everyone.....that is what you said right?
My group's been having the opposite experience; we are playing against all new people and feeling the simple enjoyment of this video game again. Hopefully we see a solution where both "league play" and "pick-up ball" can have their own courts to enjoy the game on.
I know its better, but do you feel it could be better? Or just me?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature.

Spoiler:
Show
Please, look at it: The game of shame. http://halotracker.com/h5/games/el1t3k/06c1747c-20ca-4a42-9800-ef48f4d3bdad?page=0&mode=warzone

We have made 30 kills, and not kill any, we destroyed all pheaton elios, the banshee, we conquer the armory.
The randoms have 2 kill (maybe stealing with the last shot) and thirty deaths.
I HAVE NO WORDS
Ok. I have a few things to say. 1) quick coring is NOT GRIEFING. 2) 343, as a member of the community and gaming experience improvement program that YOU emailed me an invitation to, I need to call you out on your BS. It's my appointed job. 3) Your Warzone lobbies advertise in EVERY game: "Welcome to Warzone Spartan. Capture bases, kill bosses and eliminate enemy Spartans to earn points." Which based on Electronic Entertainment depiction standards, you have negated that farming for kills can actually be considered "griefing" due to the element of Big Team Slayer that is portrayed at the beginning of every game. In bold text, it also shows in every game, "Destroy the enemy core for an instant victory" which should negate the complaints about being quick cored.
4) now for my final digress. I have been field testing your changes since they were implemented, and found that you have NOT refined your core matchmaking system. In fact, now the problem is having multiple 6 man teams matching, and being placed side by side against rookies, or tiny fireteams. It becomes a precipitating slaughter.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 69
  4. 70
  5. 71
  6. 72
  7. 73
  8. ...
  9. 122