Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Relief and Recovery Req Pack

OP LethalQ

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Sounds pretty cool. Glad to see 343 do this. For those still unlocking stuff you get 5 "popular" visual customization items. The proceeds to to what looks to be a good charity which is something that seems to be really needed now a days.
Haven't got a chance to play until Friday but what is the Relief and Recovery pack
It's pretty awesome that they made the effort to make an easy way for Halo fans to help out those who had their world torn asunder by the recent hurricanes.

Haven't got a chance to play until Friday but what is the Relief and Recovery pack
Details here.
You beat me to it LethalQ, I was about to post this lol As I think this is a worth getting the word out to as many people as possible.

I don't care for mirotransactions at all and I've never spent any real money on them...ever.... in my life!! but this is something I can get behind and can see myself buying. These kinds of mirotransactions should be in more games. All the proceeds from the sales if this REQ pack will go to GlobalGiving

Great idea 343I/MS way to go.
This is seriously awesome, definitely going to be picking up a few of these to give away. Good way to boost up my giveaways for Dreamhack, still got some packs and codes left to get rid of :)
Great job to 343i
I decided to say what the hey and bought it. I got both the helmet and armor for FOTUS, the Peacemaker stance, Wetwork Cleaner helmet, and the Fireteam Osiris magnum skin. I also got a large number of legendary Warzone and Areana XP and RP boosts. I'm not sure if its the same items for each person who buys the pack, or if there is a randomized pool of reqs that people could receive, but hopefully this helps anyone who is the fence about getting this pack.
Is anyone else having trouble gifting this?
Definitely an awesome cause with everything that has happened. I do love how they're handling this. I haven't bought a single pack in halo till now and I feel no buyers remorse knowing its all going to a good cause.
I'm not sure if its the same items for each person who buys the pack, or if there is a randomized pool of reqs that people could receive
It's random based on what you haven't unlocked yet. Sounds like you got some sweet stuff there :)
Definitely a nice way for 343 and the community to help out in such a desperate time. I reached out to Grim on Twitter since the community update wasn't completely clear and he confirmed that 100% of the proceeds will be going to charity.
Just got on H5 and saw this. Really cool that there's a req pack for this cause. I may have to buy at least one to two. I already have everything in the req pack pool unlocked but that isn't really the point behind this particular pack :)
I already have everything in the req pack pool unlocked but that isn't really the point behind this particular pack :)
I also have everything unlocked, so I wanted to gift this to my friend. But when I click on it, it takes me straight to "confirm purchase" unlike the gold packs where it gives you an option to buy for yourself or gift. So I'm scared to click "confirm purchase" because I don't want to buy it for myself, I want to gift it to my buddy who doesn't have everything unlocked. Am I the only one having this issue? I don't suppose I would get the option to gift the pack after clicking "confirm purchase"
I also have everything unlocked, so I wanted to gift this to my friend. But when I click on it, it takes me straight to "confirm purchase" unlike the gold packs where it gives you an option to buy for yourself or gift. So I'm scared to click "confirm purchase" because I don't want to buy it for myself, I want to gift it to my buddy who doesn't have everything unlocked. Am I the only one having this issue? I don't suppose I would get the option to gift the pack after clicking "confirm purchase"
I bought 2 of the packs earlier, can confirm they show up as giftable after purchasing :)
stckrboy wrote:
I bought 2 of the packs earlier, can confirm they show up as giftable after purchasing :)
Thank you! I'll go buy it now 😸

Edit: I'm stupid, I wasn't pushing the X button. Sorry for making such a fuss about a dumb mistake
Stuff like this makes me proud to be a Halo fan!
Bought this right away. My family has property in Tampa, Florida and we know people who unfortunately didn't do as well as we did (very minor damage on our side). Even though I very rarely play Halo 5 nowadays, I was happy to donate to the cause.
I've bought 3. Kind of surprised by some of the armor I got as "popular". However, its always an opinion issue when it comes to "most popular" halo armor sets. Lots of AI legendary boosts though.
I wonder what the percentage of the proceeds actually go to the relief fund?
Mr Sir 81 wrote:
I wonder what the percentage of the proceeds actually go to the relief fund?
I thought the exact same thing. I would hope, in this situation, nearly all. I love Halo and always will, but I have chosen to use other options outside of Halo for this particular relief effort.

Amazing move by MS nonetheless. Very proud to be a member of the Halo community.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2