OP Nofunnyideas

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
I do.

But now they usually sit parked in BTB gathering dust. Only exception being the gauss, at least there is a fight over that one.

The vehicles in BTB are no where near as relevant as they used to be. The hog was feared, you never challenged it or you got shredded.

Now 2 or 3 players can team shot a hog or ghost and melt it in no time.

I would propose that you start putting the variants in btb for vehicles. Ie a tundra hog the frozen map, a corp hog on the remake from halo 3 with the 2 satellites (sorry, I don't play btb enough to know the names. Partly because the vehicle play is not really as good as it used to be). They take considerably more damage than the basic hog.

Upgrade all ghosts to sword ghosts.

It saddens me to see all those vehicles just sitting there gathering dust. No way a hog would stay parked for half a game in halo 2-3.

I dont mind the gunner so easy to shoot as the turret is much more powerful now and we can seat swap. But we need these vehicles to take a little bit more damage. They're so flimsy they've become irrelevant in the gamemode designed for their implementation.

Imo this would be a very easy fix. And it would help make vehicle play relevant again. The warthog is a halo icon. Let's figure out a way to get them back in play in btb.

just a little suggestion from someone who used to love btb. But finds it no where near up to standard in halo 5. Arena and warzone are so good. Btb needs to be brought up to the same level.

Edit: also why don't the wheelmen medals count for assists anymore? A driver could be mvp of the game. Be responsible for his gunner getting an invincible and he would be sitting at the bottom of the carnage report with maybe a couple splatters. At least some form of acknowledgment would be nice.
Because you can easily get BR'd out of the warthog.
Scanbrvx wrote:
The gauss is just as easy to shoot the gunner out of but its still kept in play because of that cannon. We need to make the hogs more desirable again, made out of paper.

Ghosts are not really all that desirable either, they get shredded super fast.

A good driver can keep his gunner alive but he needs a decent tool to do that with.
Yeah I agree, the vehicles aren't great in BTB. In Warzone they can be devastating, but that's because there's upgraded versions. But in BTB we only get the bog standard paper mache versions that get BR'd to death in no time.

The Warthog is still useful in CTF as a getaway vehicle. But apart from that, I'd also rather leave it alone as it's just not very powerful. It's not that much fun either.
The most fun I've had in H5 recently was as a passenger in a hog. I BR and AR dudes on my side, acted as another set of eyes for the gunner... it was awesome.
Agreed. The hog was a beast in Halo-and should continue to be that way. Halo is a team game. We need more teamwork vehicles, not single vehicles that tear stuff up. However the reason most people leave it now is mostly because they fear the triple kills from it being destroyed. Its the same argument against putting a falcon in, which is the warthog of the sky. I think 343 needs to focus more on the team aspect of Halo, because that's what killed the old player base. It made Halo different to games like COD, for example. Now every other game is focusing on it, and its working for them. 343, bring back team vehicles and their potential. It could do a lot for Halo.
I think the vehicles are fine, but the gunner should have more protection. The vehicles aren't too weak IMO. Now they just aren't OP.
It's all because of the BR. It has greater range than the hog turret, and the lack of protection the gunner has doesn't help.
I do.

But now they usually sit parked in BTB gathering dust. Only exception being the gauss, at least there is a fight over that one.

The vehicles in BTB are no where near as relevant as they used to be. The hog was feared, you never challenged it or you got shredded.

Now 2 or 3 players can team shot a hog or ghost and melt it in no time.

I would propose that you start putting the variants in btb for vehicles. Ie a tundra hog the frozen map, a corp hog on the remake from halo 3 with the 2 satellites (sorry, I don't play btb enough to know the names. Partly because the vehicle play is not really as good as it used to be). They take considerably more damage than the basic hog.

Upgrade all ghosts to sword ghosts.

It saddens me to see all those vehicles just sitting there gathering dust. No way a hog would stay parked for half a game in halo 2-3.

I dont mind the gunner so easy to shoot as the turret is much more powerful now and we can seat swap. But we need these vehicles to take a little bit more damage. They're so flimsy they've become irrelevant in the gamemode designed for their implementation.

Imo this would be a very easy fix. And it would help make vehicle play relevant again. The warthog is a halo icon. Let's figure out a way to get them back in play in btb.

just a little suggestion from someone who used to love btb. But finds it no where near up to standard in halo 5. Arena and warzone are so good. Btb needs to be brought up to the same level.
Totally....... Halo 2 sweet memories
The guns on vehicles need a buff in btb. They are no wear near as powerful as they once where.
Scanbrvx wrote:
Or magnum-ed out of it. There is no point in getting it even in Warzone.
Scanbrvx wrote:
Or magnum-ed out of it. There is no point in getting it even in Warzone.
I get them out at the start of matches. They're a good team boost at the start of the match. After that, well, you guys know the rest.
JackGilb wrote:
It's all because of the BR. It has greater range than the hog turret, and the lack of protection the gunner has doesn't help.
More like sprint makes the Warthog useless and it is a big target for power weapons in Warzone. In BTB the maps are not very Warthog friendly. If there was Coagulation, then a Warthog would probably be very useful because of the wide open area.
This is a great idea. The vehicles get ripped up too fast just for the REQ variants to exist with more armor. Replacing them makes vehicles stronger again.
JackGilb wrote:
Sorry, but it's not because of the BR. It's because, starting with Reach, vehicles have been turned into weak imitations of themselves. I still to this day remember my anger that a tank could die from DMR Fire or be sniped quickly in Reach and I'm not even a big vehicle style player. Halo 3 had the last fun vehicle combat in my opinion, and we had BRs. Go figure.
Scanbrvx wrote:
The gauss is just as easy to shoot the gunner out of but its still kept in play because of that cannon. We need to make the hogs more desirable again, made out of paper.

Ghosts are not really all that desirable either, they get shredded super fast.

A good driver can keep his gunner alive but he needs a decent tool to do that with.
I dunno man...I can do some work with a Ghost. Just gotta pick your battles and learn when the get the hell out of dodge when shots start going off lol

I do agree w your points about the Warthog though.
JackGilb wrote:
Sorry, but it's not because of the BR. It's because, starting with Reach, vehicles have been turned into weak imitations of themselves. I still to this day remember my anger that a tank could die from DMR Fire or be sniped quickly in Reach and I'm not even a big vehicle style player. Halo 3 had the last fun vehicle combat in my opinion, and we had BRs. Go figure.
A Reach Gaus Hog would humiliate any warthog of your choice CE-H3. Reach vehicles were perfect.

Halo 3 warthogs were durable because rockets couldn't lock-on and the random BR bullet spread.

Reach's Revenant was excellent. Gaus Hog and Banshee were beasts in right hands. Ghosts were perfect. Not indestructible mini tanks like they are in Halo 5. If Reach did anything right, it was vehicles.
JackGilb wrote:
A Reach Gaus Hog would humiliate any warthog of your choice CE-H3. Reach vehicles were perfect.

Halo 3 warthogs were durable because rockets couldn't lock-on and the random BR bullet spread.

Reach's Revenant was excellent. Gaus Hog and Banshee were beasts in right hands. Ghosts were perfect. Not indestructible mini tanks like they are in Halo 5. If Reach did anything right, it was vehicles.
Hey, you forgot falcons!
JackGilb wrote:

I'll give you that, that gaus was beast. The banshee in the right hands were ok, but mostly if playing against a team that didn't know what to do. A sniper in the right hands made short work of those banshees, which was bull. Although there were a few pilots that could amaze you. I can't agree with the statement of Reach having vehicles right, as I always felt they were wrong. Then each game after seems to be worse. I respect your opinion, just see it differently. Speaking of that BR spread, which I knew was going to come up lol, many people were just as good with them. 4 shot kill either way. Just don't try to hit them across sand trap.
edit to clarify: I agree the vehicles in Reach were good as a weapon, but my biggest complaint or issue with them is this is when they became too easy to kill. I mean DMR a tank? A freaking tank?! And don't even mention armor lock.....
Halo 3 warthogs were durable because they were Halo 3 vehicles. In Halo 2 and Halo 3, vehicles would not die unless the pilot died. Their exterior condition was representative of a damage reduction that weakened as the vehicle took damage, but a warthog could go indefinitely whilst its engine burned as long as it found cover when the driver's shields were down.

Vehicles, starting with Reach, lost independent value. I think Bungie supposed that vehicles should be balanced more like power weapons, and in that mindset they are problematic, because a power weapon that makes you faster, capable of killing by impact, more durable, harder to headshot, and has unlimited ammo seems too much compared to, say, the shotgun. They made vehicle condition independent of the pilot and cranked the effectiveness of sniper rifles on vehicles way, way up.

343 Industries did do one thing I'm not keen on, as a step further: they approached map design in a different way that further damaged vehicle use. On vehicle maps, places of transit generally feature a lot of obscuring terrain that allows for would-be boarders to get much closer -- which, combined with sprint (and Halo 5's thruster pack) means that any vehicle that's not in the sky is always a second from getting destroyed. This is especially true in Halo 5, where the motion tracker's range is so diminutive that, combined with how fast a Spartan can move in short bursts in Halo 5, you generally literally don't have time to react when you see a red dot coming from your 6.

People don't touch the Halo 5 warthog because, pretty much since Bungie decided Halo needed a hard nope against vehicles (Spartan Laser), we've seen concerted efforts to punish vehicle usage. People don't use the warthog because it's not viable to trade two perfectly good spartans for one clumsy, bulky, fast one whose unlimited ammo gun is about as effective as a slightly-nerfed SAW. It makes sense to use a wraith or a ghost, since that's just one spartan (no one gets in that turret for anything other than silliness). Two spartans for one vehicle? Almost never worth it for raw killing power.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9