2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 9
I suppose if you look at it the Halo Wars way, they are meant for scouting...
Scanbrvx wrote:
Because you can easily get BR'd out of the warthog.
true that.

I have perfect a gunner in WZ with DMR
Speaking of the warthog if you make sure the marines that start outside the base on apex 7 survive the lockdown you can get them on the gun of a warthog. They are op as all hell and you get the kills. Had fun doing that with a friend one time.
Ok now I must try this! I've never seen a hog driving around with a marine on in warzone.
That looks like gold ! i should try that.

it would be great that could work in all maps, cuz as lone wolf is hard to get some one in as gunner
Warthog gunners need a little more endurance or protection from small arms fire. In the meantime, I'd be fine with seeing the ONI Hog replace regular Hogs in BTB.
I do.

But now they usually sit parked in BTB gathering dust. Only exception being the gauss, at least there is a fight over that one.

The vehicles in BTB are no where near as relevant as they used to be. The hog was feared, you never challenged it or you got shredded.

Now 2 or 3 players can team shot a hog or ghost and melt it in no time.

I would propose that you start putting the variants in btb for vehicles. Ie a tundra hog the frozen map, a corp hog on the remake from halo 3 with the 2 satellites (sorry, I don't play btb enough to know the names. Partly because the vehicle play is not really as good as it used to be). They take considerably more damage than the basic hog.

Upgrade all ghosts to sword ghosts.

It saddens me to see all those vehicles just sitting there gathering dust. No way a hog would stay parked for half a game in halo 2-3.

I dont mind the gunner so easy to shoot as the turret is much more powerful now and we can seat swap. But we need these vehicles to take a little bit more damage. They're so flimsy they've become irrelevant in the gamemode designed for their implementation.

Imo this would be a very easy fix. And it would help make vehicle play relevant again. The warthog is a halo icon. Let's figure out a way to get them back in play in btb.

just a little suggestion from someone who used to love btb. But finds it no where near up to standard in halo 5. Arena and warzone are so good. Btb needs to be brought up to the same level.

Edit: also why don't the wheelmen medals count for assists anymore? A driver could be mvp of the game. Be responsible for his gunner getting an invincible and he would be sitting at the bottom of the carnage report with maybe a couple splatters. At least some form of acknowledgment would be nice.
It's pretty sad...the Warthog is the heart and soul of Halo, but they just get shredded in WZFF. It feels kinda wrong. Even with Wheelman mod, they can't stand up to Promethean fire. The Hog needs a break!
Not all the maps in BTB has laser neither rockets with lock on on ground so I think you only need a good driver and team willing to cooperate.

I drive a lot because I hate dying as gunner with a dummas driver
those were the days!
I remember when it used to be a thing to hate if some one was playing too rough and was being a sore winner.
lol I don't use it unless I know I have a trustworthy driver. Btw, it is used a lot in BTB, especially for CTF.
I think the vehicles are fine, but the gunner should have more protection. The vehicles aren't too weak IMO. Now they just aren't OP.
how can you add more protection with out messing the look of the hog ? the problem is bullet magnetism, back in halo 3 you had to calculate speed and distance and you dont feel hitting the target as you feel nowadays.

I am a good driver and with a good gunner we can get from 7 to 15 kills before being stop ( if stopped )
lol I don't use it unless I know I have a trustworthy driver. Btw, it is used a lot in BTB, especially for CTF.
same here, that is why I rather drive than shoot
I think simply replacing each hog with a Tundra or Corp warthog would be adequate. That's not asking much and I believe most would be satisfied.
I think the vehicles are fine, but the gunner should have more protection. The vehicles aren't too weak IMO. Now they just aren't OP.
how can you add more protection with out messing the look of the hog ? the problem is bullet magnetism, back in halo 3 you had to calculate speed and distance and you dont feel hitting the target as you feel nowadays.

I am a good driver and with a good gunner we can get from 7 to 15 kills before being stop ( if stopped )
The problem isn't bullet magnetism (halo 5 has very little of it), it's aim assist and hitscan. All that needs to happen is the look of the turret needs to be slightly redesigned to offer more cover to the gunner.
So people blame vehicles being paper mache, but how does adding better armor on the vehicles stop me from perfecting a dude off a turret or ghost? I don't even think the vehicles themselves are an issue, I see it being much easier to get people out of vehicles as the issue. I seriously doubt people straight up aim at the vehicles instead of the gunner. There's just to much magnetism in these new games.
Also the possibility of team killing or (easily) rolling the hog and getting killed prevents people from risking to drive it. Its a bit annoying as it messes up what made BTB, and other gametypes, balanced with vehicles and weapons for those on foot.
Generally, it's because of map design. BTB maps usually have a pattern in that there's always one big open road for vehicles and then a ton of small passageways, meant for sprinters, leading around to the main road. This is the problem. There are just so many places on the map where someone can BR you or get you with Rockets. There's literally no more cover around the area. The only cover remaining are the areas behind the bases, but since those are spawn zones there's almost always gonna be someone there. The map design promotes sprint more than vehicles, and since pretty much everyone is sprinting, which is a good way of transit, they forget the Warthogs and Gungeese and Ghosts, since those offer faster travel, but average protection. It's better to be able to move and have protection (shields/map cover) than to move fast and not have cover.
I kind of agree, but no one element should overpower in a game. It all feels balanced to me in thay way. You want players to have options instead of everyone waiting for the next hog to spawn. It makes the game more action packed. I remember in H4 btb, people would just sit and wait for the Mantis to spawn.
I agree with the vehicles being too weak. They don't seem to last nearly as long as they once did
also... remember the days in BTB with Scorpions and Wraiths... I do
The hogs on btb are useless besides the gauss hog and maybe the rocket hog.
I know this doesn't have anything to do with btb but when warzone turbo comes back and you have 3 friends, Spawn an Oni hog and have all 3 people put on wheel man and the driver puts on over shield and speed boost and the passenger gets a spnkr prime and an answer with overshield and a damage boost and the gunner puts on a damage boost and an overshield and rip enemy team.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 9