3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 9
Yea
The problem isn't bullet magnetism (halo 5 has very little of it), it's aim assist and hitscan. All that needs to happen is the look of the turret needs to be slightly redesigned to offer more cover to the gunner.
well I thought those were the same but thanks.

all I care is not adding physical protection to the hog, that's all
OP Makes a very good point. I like being a gunner or a driver. In the past there would be a clear fight to be the gunner but you would always get someone to step up and drive. Now I drive all the time to rule out the gunner fight and kind of nudge up next to people and honk and no one gets into the gunner slot. I am considering leaving a king sized Milky Way by the gun to entice them more. The gunner gets more glory than I do and they still don't want it.
The problem isn't bullet magnetism (halo 5 has very little of it), it's aim assist and hitscan. All that needs to happen is the look of the turret needs to be slightly redesigned to offer more cover to the gunner.
well I thought those were the same but thanks.

all I care is not adding physical protection to the hog, that's all
Bullet magnetism is where the bullets curve towards your target even if the center of your reticle isn't on them. Aim assist is where you are assisted in aiming. Once your gun is on a target, it slightly follows it and sticks to it without you doing anything.
its easier to get r&b using the warthog
The hog anymore just gets ripped to shreds. I remember in earlier titles it was good and I would normally grab one if I seen it. Now, I don't tuch it ever cause I never serves to be very useful.
YouthNAsia wrote:
What I'm not the best, brightest star? *kicks dirt* I HATE HALO 5!
what does this even mean ?
I think the vehicles are fine, but the gunner should have more protection. The vehicles aren't too weak IMO. Now they just aren't OP.
I agree with the vehicles being too weak. They don't seem to last nearly as long as they once did
I said the vehicles were not too weak. I think they're fine now and that they were OP in previous installments.
I think the vehicles are fine, but the gunner should have more protection. The vehicles aren't too weak IMO. Now they just aren't OP.
I agree with the vehicles being too weak. They don't seem to last nearly as long as they once did
I said the vehicles were not too weak. I think they're fine now and that they were OP in previous installments.
Sorry, I miss read that. I still stand by what I said, I feel vehicles are considerably weaker than they once were
Let's make big team great again! We'll build a hiuge wall and make the covenant pay for it!
YouthNAsia wrote:
What I'm not the best, brightest star? *kicks dirt* I HATE HALO 5!
what does this even mean ?
It was in reference to the post above it...and a social commentary
how can you add more protection with out messing the look of the hog ? the problem is bullet magnetism, back in halo 3 you had to calculate speed and distance and you dont feel hitting the target as you feel nowadays.

I am a good driver and with a good gunner we can get from 7 to 15 kills before being stop ( if stopped )
Halo 5 has plenty of magnetism, hits can has nothing to do with it. Halo 4 and reach had hitscan. Finally, ALL console shooter have many different aim assists. Halo happens to have more than others
Overall I think the warthog is fine the way it is. Its just a matter of getting a good driver and gunner. Unfortunately most people suck at one or the other. If you have a good team they can get things done. When you have a driver that uses the hog as their personal taxi or decided to run it into a small room filled with enemies you are going to get pooped on
I do.

But now they usually sit parked in BTB gathering dust. Only exception being the gauss, at least there is a fight over that one.

The vehicles in BTB are no where near as relevant as they used to be. The hog was feared, you never challenged it or you got shredded.

Now 2 or 3 players can team shot a hog or ghost and melt it in no time.

I would propose that you start putting the variants in btb for vehicles. Ie a tundra hog the frozen map, a corp hog on the remake from halo 3 with the 2 satellites (sorry, I don't play btb enough to know the names. Partly because the vehicle play is not really as good as it used to be). They take considerably more damage than the basic hog.

Upgrade all ghosts to sword ghosts.

It saddens me to see all those vehicles just sitting there gathering dust. No way a hog would stay parked for half a game in halo 2-3.

I dont mind the gunner so easy to shoot as the turret is much more powerful now and we can seat swap. But we need these vehicles to take a little bit more damage. They're so flimsy they've become irrelevant in the gamemode designed for their implementation.

Imo this would be a very easy fix. And it would help make vehicle play relevant again. The warthog is a halo icon. Let's figure out a way to get them back in play in btb.

just a little suggestion from someone who used to love btb. But finds it no where near up to standard in halo 5. Arena and warzone are so good. Btb needs to be brought up to the same level.

Edit: also why don't the wheelmen medals count for assists anymore? A driver could be mvp of the game. Be responsible for his gunner getting an invincible and he would be sitting at the bottom of the carnage report with maybe a couple splatters. At least some form of acknowledgment would be nice.
It is actually true. I remember once that a ghost was a very hard target at one point in the game. Now a team of two can easily reck it in a couple of seconds.
I'm with you Sam, I miss the glory days of the Warthog being a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield. Outside of the ONI Hog, I just sell all of my REQ cards for Hogs these days because there's 1,000 ways to get destroyed easily in them now. I'd love to see upgraded variants in BTB to make it more fun again!
I've this idea for awhile now of a redesign of the Warthog. It's simple really. Place an armor plating shell around the turret so that the gunner is protected in the front and sides, but only vulnerable in the back. Now, the Warthog is worthy of being feared again. Maybe to balance it out, the plating can fall apart as it takes more damage. I believe this is such an obvious, yet effective solution for the current underutilized vehicle.
The hog anymore just gets ripped to shreds. I remember in earlier titles it was good and I would normally grab one if I seen it. Now, I don't tuch it ever cause I never serves to be very useful.
you just need a good driver.

yes you can not be as aggressive as in H3 but there was only laser at BTB ( maybe rockets too I dont remember) now in H5 all weapons are balanced and that is cool.

try to be conservative with the driving and you will see more kills, if you explode by a power weapon dont blame the hog
They're still devastating with an evasive driver and a accurate gunner
Too many other vehicles now that overshadow such cool 4x4.
I agree I keep thinking warthog, yay! Then getting blown up 5 seconds later
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 9