2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 9
This is actually why I prefer BTB, Hogs can't just run over everyone and make the game unfair.
I agree with the OP!
do have a random question for anybody - how do you honk on a warthog?
thanks!
Yea it was sad when i got left behind
I think the vehicles are fine, but the gunner should have more protection. The vehicles aren't too weak IMO. Now they just aren't OP.
how can you add more protection with out messing the look of the hog ? the problem is bullet magnetism, back in halo 3 you had to calculate speed and distance and you dont feel hitting the target as you feel nowadays.

I am a good driver and with a good gunner we can get from 7 to 15 kills before being stop ( if stopped )
The problem isn't bullet magnetism (halo 5 has very little of it), it's aim assist and hitscan. All that needs to happen is the look of the turret needs to be slightly redesigned to offer more cover to the gunner.
Halo 5 has plenty of magnetism, hits can has nothing to do with it. Halo 4 and reach had hitscan. Finally, ALL console shooter have many different aim assists. Halo happens to have more than others
Halo 5 has less magnetism than 2 and 3. Also, Reach used projectiles. Hit scan and aim assist are the biggest reasons why the gunner gets shot off so often and why BRs have such long range.
YouthNAsia wrote:
What I'm not the best, brightest star? *kicks dirt* I HATE HALO 5!
I don't know what you're trying to say here.

I love halo 5 but it's btb is not up to par with other titles. The weak vehicles is only part of the reason, spawns and map design is another.

Its ok to criticize something we like, to try and make it better. Btb could be much better.
I agree with the OP!
thanks!
Try to shoot the gun you don't have.
Not sure what you're talking about because when I play BTB if I can get a good 2 other players(one for the chaingun and one for the passenger in case the chaingunner dies), then we can drive around racking up kills easily. It's one of my favorite parts of BTB
I know right, they still great, yes they are destroyed easily but who cares that is realism.

the other part is true, they are not used like in the past
As a huge warthog fan and what I like to think of myself as a expert hog driver. The warthog are just so easy gunned down. BRS will take down you or your gunner in no time or lay waste to your hog with just one drive through the map. Not to mention Ghosts OP the warthog if you cant get the jump on the ghost from behind it youll be dead. takes about 5 seconds under constant Ghost fire to blow up your warhog. When I see one I just avoid it or dip down narrow routes to eacape. And at non boosted speeds the ghost can easily keep up with a warthog.

From what I've learned the warthog is only good for scouting and moping up stray players that are away from the main fighting zone. Which doesn't make the warhog any fun anymore.

Anyone remember the Epic warhog carnage on Rats nest in Halo3? Use to just fly through all the fighting and explosions on the outside portion of the map and get 2 splatters a d still escape heavy fire, made for awesome screen shots . Halo 3 and reach had some fun warthog gameplay.
Halo 3 was the best with vehicle gameplay imo. A noob filled warthog was a huge target but if you saw a crew who knew what they were doing, clever driving and spot on shooting, it will give a huge kill boost for your team.
there are so many very fast powerful weapons that can destroy you
I like the OP's idea of using the variants to match the map. However I still find the standard ghost ok as is, since I mostly use it to splatter ppl and bounce lol.
I recall playing Halo and everyone wanted in that warthog or the banshee if it was available. The warthogs would race and chase each other jockeying for battlefield position on the other while the banshees were having a dog fight with each other. The team that won was had the best banshee pilots and warthog drivers, and heaven help you if they had a good sniper too. LoL ahhh good times
Spartans are a lot stronger in Halo 5 than they were in Halo 3. Therefore normal vehicles like the warthog and the ghost start to fall behind as spartan tech advances. I can understand why a spartan now stands a chance against a warthog. Also that is why we now have stronger variations of warthogs and stuff.
Vehicle combat was ruined by the chip damage system in Reach and its going to stay that way until the system is changed, preferably something closer to Halo 3. Just adding more health to the vehicles doesn't solve the problem, it is only the smallest of band-aids on top of a gaping wound.
I think the vehicles are fine, but the gunner should have more protection. The vehicles aren't too weak IMO. Now they just aren't OP.
how can you add more protection with out messing the look of the hog ? the problem is bullet magnetism, back in halo 3 you had to calculate speed and distance and you dont feel hitting the target as you feel nowadays.

I am a good driver and with a good gunner we can get from 7 to 15 kills before being stop ( if stopped )
The problem isn't bullet magnetism (halo 5 has very little of it), it's aim assist and hitscan. All that needs to happen is the look of the turret needs to be slightly redesigned to offer more cover to the gunner.
Halo 5 has plenty of magnetism, hits can has nothing to do with it. Halo 4 and reach had hitscan. Finally, ALL console shooter have many different aim assists. Halo happens to have more than others
Halo 5 has less magnetism than 2 and 3. Also, Reach used projectiles. Hit scan and aim assist are the biggest reasons why the gunner gets shot off so often and why BRs have such long range.
But you don't always have magnetism, only when the retical is red.
Pepperidge Farm Remembers
I agree with the OP!
thanks!
Try to shoot the gun you don't have.
yes I never tried that before! thanks!!
I get what you're saying but i don't think its a matter of damage i think its the new movement in halo 5(thruster,running,aiming and vaulting) In halo 2 and 3 you were an easy target to kill. All you could do is jump and walk while someone could drive with a turret on the back. That's why it was feared
Yeah the warthog needs to have slightly more armor and have better protection for gunner, as for the ghost...that thing is a beast in halo 5 and is probably the best ghost halo has ever had, don't know what you're talking about here lol
Don't you think a lot of the reason the Warthog sits is because there are better vehicles available now? I don't know as I don't really play BTB, but just a thought. I do agree with you completely, though, the Warthog was the sh**! I agree even more about this:
Edit: also why don't the wheelmen medals count for assists anymore? A driver could be mvp of the game. Be responsible for his gunner getting an invincible and he would be sitting at the bottom of the carnage report with maybe a couple splatters. At least some form of acknowledgment would be nice.
Which may, in turn, be why the vehicles aren't used nearly as much. People just aren't into being selfless (they want something for their assistance)...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 9