4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. ...
  8. 9
KENPACHIl wrote:
also... remember the days in BTB with Scorpions and Wraiths... I do
Pepperidge Farm remembers
I feel that a reason for this could be that all of the maps are too close-quarters for vehicle play. You have the strategic advantage by not being in a vehicle.
I too remember the days the warthog was a serious threat that required a whole team to fight. A warthog on the horizon that wasnt yours sent your team into defence mode but now that belongs to the gauss and gungoose.
Funny thing is, I went back and did a side by side comparison of Halo 3 vehicle durability and Halo 5's. Halo 5's vehicles, the warthog especially, are actually much tougher, the issue lays in how fast the players are now, and how accurate the weapons are because of bullet magnetism. Shooting players out of vehicles is far too easy, not to mention that upon side by side comparison, vehicle weapons like the warthog chaingun do a considerable amount less damage. Which is irritating to say the least.
This started back in Reach, but the warthog is stilled feared just now you can fight back rather than hope for a power weapon or your own hog to challenge that one.
I remember when I played with my friend on halo reach and we would go around slaying everyone with the warthog. I really enjoyed that but now as soon as I get into a warthog in halo 5 I get sniped :( so much for warthogs in halo 5.
Hog variants in the game would be pretty cool. Just to change up the skins and the normal hog look.
As much as I like sprint, it makes vehicles like the hog less valuable. Also you can get shot out of the turret pretty easily.
Haha the good old days
Quote:
Remember when players fought for the warthog
Oh gosh! Yes of course!! I remember seeing teammates destroy the warthog on purpose just so that no one can't use it lol
I have to wonder if it has something to do with the different generations of players and the other games they normally play. Like most of my friends are anywhere between 25 and 40 years old. We go for the vehicles in HALO, but we also do the same in Battlefield as well. Most of the players I see that are just bouncing around the map like pin balls are like 12 years old. They don't have any strategy or team work. Call of Duty has ruined the gamer audience in my opinion. But that's just me. Us old guys (30 is now old apparently), still go for the vehicles.
All the vehicles in Halo 5 are pretty weak deathtraps. Few high teir vehicles are fun but cost too much so are rare.
J3RlCH0 A wrote:
I have to wonder if it has something to do with the different generations of players and the other games they normally play. Like most of my friends are anywhere between 25 and 40 years old. We go for the vehicles in HALO, but we also do the same in Battlefield as well. Most of the players I see that are just bouncing around the map like pin balls are like 12 years old. They don't have any strategy or team work. Call of Duty has ruined the gamer audience in my opinion. But that's just me. Us old guys (30 is now old apparently), still go for the vehicles.
I hear Ya bud! I'm 36.

I like to stay in a vehicle outside of arena because my arthritic thumbs can't keep up to these kids any more! Soon I may need prescription bifocals to hog legally.
The warthog used to be feared, before all the different types were released as well as the different versions of most of the other vehicles from halo. Even the mongoose.
The warthog used to be feared, before all the different types were released as well as the different versions of most of the other vehicles from halo. Even the mongoose.
I hate that we can no longer enjoy the sweet feeling of blow up multiply careless spartans as they move across the map. I understand why though they are not in the BTB maps of halo 5.
Now its about the rocket launcher
I am the, self-proclaimed, best Warthog driver in Halo. Going a little off topic here but I hate when the driver decides to go romping through the map jumping every last obstacle in sight or driving into unnecessary danger or locations!! How the -Yoink- is your gunner supposed to put rounds down range with that kind of driving?! If I see that you're taking some damage or if I'm on the verge of dying we are out of there. I promise I will come back around just as soon as we recover. lol I agree though. I rarely get into a hog anymore unless I'm driving or it's a tougher variant which is a bit sad. I'd like to be the gunner every once in a while but I can't trust anyone to be my taxi driver especially in these weak -Yoink- vehicles.

I really enjoy the ghost. I use it almost religiously. Unless, however, you get a sword ghost or above it's almost certain to be a quick death. Distance with a ghost can be your best friend and worst enemy. You're trading accuracy for safety at that point but that has been the case for the most part with a ghost.
Scanbrvx wrote:
Because you can easily get BR'd out of the warthog.
Which is usually offset by the actual usefulness of the hog. Something we don't have anymore
J3RlCH0 A wrote:
I've always loved the vehicles. Especially in Battlefield 3. What I wouldn't do to get my hands on a tank or a Helicopter. I really liked playing the role of the mechanic though. I'd spend hours just taking the passenger seat and repairing a helicopter just so we could stay in the air. It can make a huge difference.

it does seem like over the years though that the teamwork has gone down hill. People rarely use mics anymore which I always thought was part of the fun. Anymore people are just playing online to pass the time. Earn some armor and be on their way. Everyone is out doing their own thing and if you pull out a win at the end of it all then that's cool too. Rarely does it feel like there is real cohesion. Seems to be more about their personal score and where they place at the end rather than the collective win we achieved. Sure there are people that still mic up and do call outs but that's almost like finding a unicorn. lol
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. ...
  8. 9