Remember when players Fought for the warthog

OP Nofunnyideas

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. ...
  6. 9
I remember how people always had a Gunner.
But now they Lone wolf it & Just press A...
And that's what I have to resort to apparently...no one wants to gun. :/
Be what it may, a player with awareness and skill would dismantle a Warthog with relative ease. It's been that way for every Halo. If you play the rules of engagement right, you can easily take people out of the Warthog. As you should, there's no barrier, besides the windshield for the driver..nothing else. Damage input should be as equal from opposing players without a Warthog as those that are using it.
I'm actually pretty good at driving Hogs in just about any Halo, so it really pisses me off when I'm in the driver's seat of one in an Arena (or Warzone even) match and none of my teammates are getting in. And I'm just sittin' on my couch like "C'mon! Get in the Hog you noobs!"

And I know that many players aren't super comfortable with getting on the gun, but someone's gotta get in the gun.

My point is, if teammates would actually cooperate with an actually good driver, then my BTB and Warzone experience would be so much better, and make everyone's lives easier. -__-
I prefer the drivers seat. I hate being in a hog as a gunner only to watch my driver go full steam into precarious situations with no plan to exit. Or when they start jumping everything in their path only to flip or get stuck. I stay on a path. If we are taking heavy fire I'll circle around until we recover and then come back to the fight. I try to stay on track and not turn if I don't have to just so it makes it easier for the gunner. If we are in a fairly safe spot with enemies out front I have no problem with stopping at a distance and sitting there so the gunner can have his fun without having to contend with swiveling and firing. Plus, I just like watching the gunner put rounds down range as my wheelman stats come in. lol
Only when its a ONI or Needler Hog...Then they will jump on :P
Agreed
I'm actually pretty good at driving Hogs in just about any Halo, so it really pisses me off when I'm in the driver's seat of one in an Arena (or Warzone even) match and none of my teammates are getting in. And I'm just sittin' on my couch like "C'mon! Get in the Hog you noobs!"

And I know that many players aren't super comfortable with getting on the gun, but someone's gotta get in the gun.

My point is, if teammates would actually cooperate with an actually good driver, then my BTB and Warzone experience would be so much better, and make everyone's lives easier. -__-
I prefer the drivers seat. I hate being in a hog as a gunner only to watch my driver go full steam into precarious situations with no plan to exit. Or when they start jumping everything in their path only to flip or get stuck. I stay on a path. If we are taking heavy fire I'll circle around until we recover and then come back to the fight. I try to stay on track and not turn if I don't have to just so it makes it easier for the gunner. If we are in a fairly safe spot with enemies out front I have no problem with stopping at a distance and sitting there so the gunner can have his fun without having to contend with swiveling and firing. Plus, I just like watching the gunner put rounds down range as my wheelman stats come in. lol
Yeah I also tend to stick to a path as well and lead some "drive-by shootings" as I like to call it in game. Basically just run n' gun.
Only when its a ONI or Needler Hog...Then they will jump on :P
Soooo true though... 😑
Agreed. On another note, Mantises are pathetically weak. Getting hijacked is very easy and the chaingun could stand to do a little more damage. Doesn't suit ≥Req 6.
Yeah the Mantis in Halo 4 was just right for me personally. The chai fun actually felt like a threat to other people. And I feel as if the shields/health bar for it in Halo 5 for slightly nerfed.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. ...
  6. 9