Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Remove join in progress

OP War5torm

Gotta love throwing on a legendary gambit AI kills boost and then getting thrown into a firefight game with 1 minute left. And then the very next game with another boost on, in get thrown into a game that's over. So all in get to see is the ending cutscene...

That's 2 of the best boosts wasted because of join in progress. Please get rid of that crap. No one wants to join a late firefight games especially when they have a boost on.
Just so you know, you don't lose any Gambit boosts (and boosts in general). If you don't meet the conditions for reward such as getting X number of kills, you'll have the boost back in your inventory after a couple of matches.

As for JIP, I agree. It's undoubtedly a good feature to keep game lobbies full, but it's never fun for someone to join in the middle of a lopsided or near-complete match. If it were tweaked a bit, it would be a lot better.
It's not really an issue with JIP itself, but the problem is with the cutoff point for joining games which needs to be adjusted.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
It's not really an issue with JIP itself, but the problem is with the cutoff point for joining games which needs to be adjusted.
I find myself agreeing with this. I for one would rather jump into a game that is more than halfway done than wait long periods to find a game.
Happens to me all the time. You get your boost back but when you get midway or at the end it's a waste of time. They definitely need to put some time restrictions on when they can drop you into a game. One bad thing, 9 times out 10 the players quit for a reason, like their getting steamrolled and your a replacement bullet sponge... lol.
When i saw join in progress for the first time in halo 4, i couldnt believe it. Completely agree that it should be removed.
JIP is pretty good to have for the most part. Its not a perfect system, but Firefight games always stay full population and it keeps the match going. I don't mind the shorter matches if I join in right at the end, its free RP and XP. As others have stated above your boosts return to you at the end of the match if you don't meet the requirement. Maybe offering a bonus boost for JIP players would be nice to incentivize it a bit more.
JIP is pretty good to have for the most part. Its not a perfect system, but Firefight games always stay full population and it keeps the match going. I don't mind the shorter matches if I join in right at the end, its free RP and XP. As others have stated above your boosts return to you at the end of the match if you don't meet the requirement. Maybe offering a bonus boost for JIP players would be nice to incentivize it a bit more.
I will say it has never put me into a ff game where there was no chance of winning, or it being tough. Sucks if you waste the boost.
But i don't think it belongs in multiplayer.
I believe i've probably never lost a boost, or indeed the XP/RP from JIP.

But i've been jumped into the internission on a game several times so don't get anything at all for the game itself.
JIP should at least get you into a game.
x N7 117 x wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
I find myself agreeing with this. I for one would rather jump into a game that is more than halfway done than wait long periods to find a game.
Jump into game when your losing 29 to 59 in btb sounds fair right?
War5torm wrote:
Gotta love throwing on a legendary gambit AI kills boost and then getting thrown into a firefight game with 1 minute left. And then the very next game with another boost on, in get thrown into a game that's over. So all in get to see is the ending cutscene...

That's 2 of the best boosts wasted because of join in progress. Please get rid of that crap. No one wants to join a late firefight games especially when they have a boost on.
If it's wasn't a legendary ai boost or medal boost you would of got the fastest and easiest exp you can get on halo 5. It has equal pros to it's cons.
x N7 117 x wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
I would rather play a game and lose rather than wait for one. At least you are actually playing the game regardless of the outcome.
x N7 117 x wrote:
x N7 117 x wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
I would rather play a game and lose rather than wait for one. At least you are actually playing the game regardless of the outcome.
Playing is playing and if that makes you have a peace of mind then your a winner.