Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Remove Legendary Firefight and make Mythic FF perm

OP B84 W56 H88

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
What do you think of removing legendary Firefight and keeping the mythic version permanent? I like the payouts and the skulls (I wish they were random each game) make for an interesting challenge.

The payouts in legendary compared to heroic are kinda meh and I think 3 modes is too much (fragmentation of playerbase etc.)
What do you think of removing legendary Firefight and keeping the mythic version permanent? I like the payouts and the skulls (I wish they were random each game) make for an interesting challenge.

The payouts in legendary compared to heroic are kinda meh and I think 3 modes is too much (fragmentation of playerbase etc.)
I absolutely agree, they should take legendary away even if they don't make mythic permanent. But the random skulls would be cool.
I fell like they should’ve made m warzone perm and add another warzone mode or make warzone turbo pop up the weekend
Hopefully they can throw in perpetually 2x XP with it as well. Its super challenging and ought to be super rewarding.
I played a bunch of it on the weekend since I'm just trying to maximize XP at this point. Definitely die more often and it's a legit challenge for sure.

It's worth it for the XP even if you don't win round 5. It's actually kinda funny watching your squad roll through 1-4 then absolutely hit a wall in round 5.
I think Mythic is limited to the weekends so that people who have normal lives can not fall behind so much on XP after their weekdays of work.
They should. It doesn't make any sense that 343i are trying to reduce the amount of playlists, but still have things like "Legendary [WZFF]" and "Warzone Warlords" around.
I'm a bit split on this. I see where you're coming from, but Firefight seems to be the one mode that doesn't have population issues regardless of which difficulty you search for even when all three difficulties are available. Even if the payout isn't that much better on Legendary compared to Heroic, many players, including myself, enjoy the higher difficulty. I agree that making Mythic permanent at this point would be a good move though.
tuhin94 wrote:
I'm a bit split on this. I see where you're coming from, but Firefight seems to be the one mode that doesn't have population issues regardless of which difficulty you search for even when all three difficulties are available. Even if the payout isn't that much better on Legendary compared to Heroic, many players, including myself, enjoy the higher difficulty. I agree that making Mythic permanent at this point would be a good move though.
A very reasonable response. Maybe they should just bump the payouts on legendary and mythic to make it more appealing? I find heroic kinda boring and would like to move to legendary but the payouts are almost the same as in heroic e.g. terrible.

This seems to be a pattern here. Think of the max XP in MCC for teamgames in the the beginning or the hillarious 1500XP/match for that freeze tag winter contingency thingy.

Kinda late now though :)
tuhin94 wrote:
A very reasonable response. Maybe they should just bump the payouts on legendary and mythic to make it more appealing? I find heroic kinda boring and would like to move to legendary but the payouts are almost the same as in heroic e.g. terrible.

This seems to be a pattern here. Think of the max XP in MCC for teamgames in the the beginning or the hillarious 1500XP/match for that freeze tag winter contingency thingy.

Yeah definitely. Increasing payouts a bit would be a good way to keep more players around and have them try out new modes! Hopefully 343i does something like that later this year.
tuhin94 wrote:

Heroic is boring. Pretty sure the only possible rounds that can cause a loss on heroic are a couple of the sanctum round 5s, but even they are easy if everyone is in vehicles like they should be.

I know I’m extra late, but I think they should just shove mythic and legendary on normally. They should take out heroic, because let’s face it: who even enjoys it to the point where it’s their favourite thing? I certainly don’t. I’m not attacking anyone who does, just my opinion. I’d think it’d be fun to have LASO WZFF on weekends. If you don’t know what LASO is, it’s Legendary All Skulls On. LASO achievements are hard to get in any Halo game (especially LASO Master), but I’d like to see how it’d play out in Firefight. Honestly I just would want to see it because in my opinion it’d be really fun with a blind skull on in Warzone trying to navigate anything.
Withyn3302 wrote:
They should. It doesn't make any sense that 343i are trying to reduce the amount of playlists, but still have things like "Legendary [WZFF]" and "Warzone Warlords" around.
I played with you one match of 17 minutes, and you did 6 kills and died 9 times in mythic ff. We lost in round 3....and you are complaining about legendary? OK
Ixba wrote:
Withyn3302 wrote:
I played with you one match of 17 minutes, and you did 6 kills and died 9 times in mythic ff. We lost in round 3....and you are complaining about legendary? OK
I'm not complaining about Legendary WZFF's difficulty. It's just that it (due to its XP payout supposedly being similar to Heroic WZFF) seems redundant to have it.

Also, yes, I do have bad games a lot.
Withyn3302 wrote:
Ixba wrote:
Withyn3302 wrote:
I'm not complaining about Legendary WZFF's difficulty. It's just that it (due to its XP payout supposedly being similar to Heroic WZFF) seems redundant to have it.

Also, yes, I do have bad games a lot.
Ok, I dont mind if you had a bad game, just try to do more damage. I have won matches killing 5 bosses but with 40k damage.
Heroic and Legendary will be combined and Mythic will be permanent.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/building-blasters

I think this is great. Still an insane amount of xp needed but actually doable. Maybe playernumbers will go up.
Heroic and Legendary will be combined and Mythic will be permanent.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/building-blasters

I think this is great. Still an insane amount of xp needed but actually doable. Maybe playernumbers will go up.
We asked and we got, maybe we should ask for something else even better.
Regarding removing playlists, I think this was a logical choice :).
Regarding removing playlists, I think this was a logical choice :).
Indeed, Firefight will still stay with the Heroic setting but give the legendary payouts for winning the game, it's a win/win in my book. Legendary was just basically mythic without the skulls.
tuhin94 wrote:

Heroic is boring. Pretty sure the only possible rounds that can cause a loss on heroic are a couple of the sanctum round 5s, but even they are easy if everyone is in vehicles like they should be.
One of the round 2 objectives on Raid of Apex 7 is also pretty difficult for the round: 2 Banshee Raiders with ghosts as minor units
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2