Remove Spartan Charge!

OP ShaconBelf

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 17
A useless mechanism that does nothing but make excuses for melee having a secondary and even more ridiculous lunge range. It doesn't belong in a Halo game and quite frankly it barely works, not to mention that it appears to be almost universally disliked.
I was just playing firefight and some -Yoink- decided to spartan charge my ghost ultra over and over until it flipped, I didn't wanna betray the guy so I kept moving out of the way. But eventually he caught me on a slope, flipped it completely over, then stole the damn thing and we lost the match because I didn't have enough points to call in another to help with the boss. Ridiculous. I'd attach the clip and screenshots from the messages this kid sent me, but i'm pretty sure the mods would ban me for calling him out or something. Anyway, it's ridiculous and definitely should not be in Halo 6, hell it shouldn't be in 5. Plenty more abilities they could give the player that don't ruin the gameplay for most. Makes arena slayer almost unplayable to be honest and it completely ruins firefight when you run into toxic members of the community (there are a lot of them on Halo 5).
For what it is used for, it's not nearly useful enough to outweigh all the negatives it creates for gameplay.
Yeah I agree, I used to like it, but now it is over used for noobs
Indeed.
Total trash, although the sprint then double-melee from H4 sucked as well.
The Spartan charge and ground pound are both worthless and add nothing to the game.
It at least should be removed from ranked playlist.
The Spartan charge and ground pound are both worthless and add nothing to the game.
And whats wrong with ground puond? Thats actually fun and satisfying unlike spartan charge.
All we really need to do is turn off friendly fire in a way that physics don't affect the other player too.

I mean, you can ram another vehicle hard enough and do actual damage.
It should be implemented differently... Thrust melees. Gives you extra damage, but takes more skill to pull off... more risk/reward.

You have to deal with getting stuck in Thruster cool-down if you miss. No somewhat jarring 3rd person animations... only thing I would miss about it is the extra movement options/the alternate forward Thrust that Spartan Charge allows you to do.
Agreed but I'd rather have spartan charge than having halo 4 armor abilities
Spartan charge and the Spartan charge AR combo is the new sprint double melee from reach
I called it during the beta, and here we are

why someone at 343 thought it would be a good idea to implement a mechanic that rewards players for sprinting around the map like idiots is beyond me
Its a terrible mechanic especially when coupled with the shorter motion tracker
Because I'm pretty sure the Spartan charge locks on at a longer distance then the 18m so you literally have no idea when it comes from behind you
Indeed.
Total trash, although the sprint then double-melee from H4 sucked as well.
Really at the core of it, sprint just breaks the gameplay, it doesn't work with melee. Not to make this another sprint thread, but it is a valid point to make against sprint.
Wow, I'm surprised. I don't like Spartan Charge either, but when I brought it up months ago, or when someone else did, people would jump on to defend it. I'm really glad people are starting to see what we've seen from the beginning.
All we really need to do is turn off friendly fire in a way that physics don't affect the other player too.

Spartan charge ruins PvP gameplay also though, not just firefight.
It should be implemented differently... Thrust melees. Gives you extra damage, but takes more skill to pull off... more risk/reward.

You have to deal with getting stuck in Thruster cool-down if you miss. No somewhat jarring 3rd person animations... only thing I would miss about it is the extra movement options/the alternate forward Thrust that Spartan Charge allows you to do.
Really it should use your thruster, but even then it still breaks gameplay a little. It shouldn't disorientate the target.
Wow, I'm surprised. I don't like Spartan Charge either, but when I brought it up months ago, or when someone else did, people would jump on to defend it. I'm really glad people are starting to see what we've seen from the beginning.
Yeah it's nice to see more and more people on waypoint daily that are speaking out about Halo 5's abysmal issues. It's far past time.
ShaconBelf wrote:

Reduce the magnetism on Spartan charge (like by a lot) and it's fine. It gives Spartan charge a real penalty for missing, and anyone who sees it coming can dodge it.

At that point, Spartan Charge is just a sprinting melee.
ShaconBelf wrote:

Reduce the magnetism on Spartan charge (like by a lot) and it's fine. It gives Spartan charge a real penalty for missing, and anyone who sees it coming can dodge it.

At that point, Spartan Charge is just a sprinting melee.
So yeah again it basically just boils down to "sprint is a problem for Halo gameplay" like I said to someone else. They can't add abilities focused around it, because they'd rather be too OP or completely pointless, and the mechanic itself messes with map design and general gunplay. I may go post this in the sprint thread.
I wasn't really arguing for or against Sprint.

In fact, what I said solves the Double Melee problem Sprint used to bring, without the mechanic itself being overpowered.
I wasn't really arguing for or against Sprint.

In fact, what I said solves the Double Melee problem Sprint used to bring, without the mechanic itself being overpowered.
Either way, spartan charge in a problem, sprint is a problem, both are equally pressing issues, even if they chance spartan charge, the other will still be there.
OP I feel you. People/teammates use it to bump you off ledges on infection too. Too bad some folks need the joy at the expense of others on top of the game itself.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 17