2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. ...
  9. 17
I agree that spartan charge should be removed but they should keep sprint.
This is a First Person Shooter. I'm constantly getting caught in situations where shooting doesn't matter - Spartan Charge and Ground Pound deaths. That's fine for Street Fighter but I want to get out shot by someone in FPS games.
It's a feature that is ideal for the campaign as a resource for environment interaction, but in multiplayer it leads to more problems and cowardice than the stealthy approach to assassinations or back pummels. If it is to be kept, I would hope there would a consequence to the aggressor such as a stun when you land a charge or it acts like a possible bull-true wherein if you are hit with melee while spartan charging, you die based on the gamble of classless attacking.
Its also an arena game, and compared to many old and curent titles, it more or less fits. I feel like every one is beging for a halo 2 clone and anything that dosnt fit just gets throw in tho the "its not halo" catagory. Ay least keep it in campaighn if everyone that thinks it has no place in arena. I would say keep it in warzone but latly everyone complains when they are killed by anything other than a br.

Either way, u can lunge with fists or sword, and kill with a tap to the back. So i dont see how a 600 pound supersoilder tackeling an openent is that far of a stretch for unfair.

Hey cant u just boost out of the way? I do it on occasion. I also use spartan charge to save my friends when they ate out numbered or callout where they have been shot from. Its not perfect or allways efective, but its a huge help and takes some skill to pull off, especialy if u do it in the air.
ZERESEC wrote:
A useless mechanism that does nothing but make excuses for melee having a secondary and even more ridiculous lunge range. It doesn't belong in a Halo game and quite frankly it barely works, not to mention that it appears to be almost universally disliked.
I was just playing firefight and some -Yoink- decided to spartan charge my ghost ultra over and over until it flipped, I didn't wanna betray the guy so I kept moving out of the way. But eventually he caught me on a slope, flipped it completely over, then stole the damn thing and we lost the match because I didn't have enough points to call in another to help with the boss. Ridiculous. I'd attach the clip and screenshots from the messages this kid sent me, but i'm pretty sure the mods would ban me for calling him out or something. Anyway, it's ridiculous and definitely should not be in Halo 6, hell it shouldn't be in 5. Plenty more abilities they could give the player that don't ruin the gameplay for most. Makes arena slayer almost unplayable to be honest and it completely ruins firefight when you run into toxic members of the community (there are a lot of them on Halo 5).
For what it is used for, it's not nearly useful enough to outweigh all the negatives it creates for gameplay.
Maybe it just needs to be fixed
I don't know how I feel about Spartan charge, in some cases it helps but in others I get really mad. I liked both ground pound and spartan charge in the beta, well I liked the beta overall in general.
Your main example to support your argument is something that wouldn't change even if Spartan charge was removed. Jerks online have always existed betraying for snipers and finding other creative ways to sabotage their team for the sake of sabotage or to take your earned advantage for themselves. The Spartan Charge mechanic is very useful and there is some risk in using it in actual combat, with decent reward on a successful hit.
Spartan charge and the Spartan charge AR combo is the new sprint double melee from reach
I called it during the beta, and here we are

why someone at 343 thought it would be a good idea to implement a mechanic that rewards players for sprinting around the map like idiots is beyond me
Its a terrible mechanic especially when coupled with the shorter motion tracker
Because I'm pretty sure the Spartan charge locks on at a longer distance then the 18m so you literally have no idea when it comes from behind you
You can just thrust sideways and completely avoid it you know...
This is my two cents for what it's worth

Spartan Charge is a risk/reward type system and while yes a noob will use it, trying to use it throughout a match will quickly get you killed a lot more than it rewards a kill.

1) A counter to it is to simply press your own melee at the time of impact if a frontal charge occurs. Then you are even matched. First one to head shot wins. (This does not help in SWAT of course). It should also be noted that Spartan Charge comes with a price and I believe half of your shield is knock out when you use it and hit another Spartan. Perhaps a balance would be if you use it and miss and hit another object then it should knock your shield down or out.

Side and Frontal charges only result in loss of shield, a hit to the back is an instant kill

2) You are pinged on radar when you are sprinting, so if you are watching your radar as much as you can, then it's make it hard for someone to sneak up on, still happens of course, but you do get warning. If you have a really good pair of headphones, you can hear that train coming a mile away because sprinting requires thrusters to get moving at running speed and the armor is so heavy you can hear someone running down a hall.

3) It's tool in a new generation, perhaps it does doesn't have a place. There maybe some balancing issues with it and those should be addressed. But simply coming at 343 because they inserted a new mechanic you don't care for doesn't mean it's not a good mechanic. It just messes with what you feel Halo should be, not everyone agrees with you. I don't agree with you, but then again that's still my opinion on the subject.

Halo is Combat Evolved, so it's combat should evolve and not stay the same. I personally feel the SC is a tool and has counter to it as I laid out above. I don't think sprinting or SC has "ruined" halo and is very much Halo. It's bring in what modern shooters are doing without inserting load outs and other nonsense into the mix. There is no "wall running" and no super jump or unlocks. Everyone is on the same footing regardless of Player Rank in the game. Guy who bought Halo Day 1 is on the same foot as Guy who bought Halo today. The difference will be skill, Guy who bought Halo Day 1 will more than likely destroy Guy who bought Halo today because he know's the map, mechanics, and locations of power weapons.

Getting back to topic at hand here, SC can very much be a OH CRAP mechanic, but that is every bit a Halo mechanic as ever. It used to be that if you came around a corner in Halo 2 to a waiting Spartan, you were going to lose that fight, Halo 5 seems to give you a way out. You can back thrust out of the area or SC if the enemy spartan is close enough. SC is not a guarantee kill either, if that enemy spartan already started shooting you when SC, chance are you are going to loose that fight. I don't think there is any sort of inability to shoot the enemy spartan when they sc you either. but they do have to wait for the animation to finish.

Most of you who have been playing a lot more Halo than me since Halo 2, will probably disagree with me and that's cool, just remember one thing, I wrote my opinion above without being condescending, mean, or a general -Yoink- hat, please show me the same respect.
I like it just fine
ZERESEC wrote:
A useless mechanism that does nothing but make excuses for melee having a secondary and even more ridiculous lunge range. It doesn't belong in a Halo game and quite frankly it barely works, not to mention that it appears to be almost universally disliked.
I was just playing firefight and some -Yoink- decided to spartan charge my ghost ultra over and over until it flipped, I didn't wanna betray the guy so I kept moving out of the way. But eventually he caught me on a slope, flipped it completely over, then stole the damn thing and we lost the match because I didn't have enough points to call in another to help with the boss. Ridiculous. I'd attach the clip and screenshots from the messages this kid sent me, but i'm pretty sure the mods would ban me for calling him out or something. Anyway, it's ridiculous and definitely should not be in Halo 6, hell it shouldn't be in 5. Plenty more abilities they could give the player that don't ruin the gameplay for most. Makes arena slayer almost unplayable to be honest and it completely ruins firefight when you run into toxic members of the community (there are a lot of them on Halo 5).
For what it is used for, it's not nearly useful enough to outweigh all the negatives it creates for gameplay.
That's frustrating, sorry that happened to you. I'm just whatever with the spartan charge, doesn't matter if it's in or taken out.
I'm fine with sprinting, but I agree that Spartan Charge is really not something that should be in a Halo game. If this would not of been a main title (unlike ODST, giving it reason to be different) I would be fine with the Spartan abilities. My opinion, no need to Witch-Hunt me for that.
Make your own games and invite all of your universally friends to play games with out Spartan charge and ground pound... Problem fixed... You shouldn't have trouble finding people to play these game variants it seems... And I'll get to keep playing the game I like
ZERESEC wrote:
I personally like the SC and have had no problem with it, but in Firefight you complain about some kid charging you? What about the respawn timer, or the Boss kill steals?
This is my two cents for what it's worth

Spartan Charge is a risk/reward type system and while yes a noob will use it, trying to use it throughout a match will quickly get you killed a lot more than it rewards a kill.

1) A counter to it is to simply press your own melee at the time of impact if a frontal charge occurs. Then you are even matched. First one to head shot wins. (This does not help in SWAT of course). It should also be noted that Spartan Charge comes with a price and I believe half of your shield is knock out when you use it and hit another Spartan. Perhaps a balance would be if you use it and miss and hit another object then it should knock your shield down or out.

Side and Frontal charges only result in loss of shield, a hit to the back is an instant kill

2) You are pinged on radar when you are sprinting, so if you are watching your radar as much as you can, then it's make it hard for someone to sneak up on, still happens of course, but you do get warning. If you have a really good pair of headphones, you can hear that train coming a mile away because sprinting requires thrusters to get moving at running speed and the armor is so heavy you can hear someone running down a hall.

3) It's tool in a new generation, perhaps it does doesn't have a place. There maybe some balancing issues with it and those should be addressed. But simply coming at 343 because they inserted a new mechanic you don't care for doesn't mean it's not a good mechanic. It just messes with what you feel Halo should be, not everyone agrees with you. I don't agree with you, but then again that's still my opinion on the subject.

Halo is Combat Evolved, so it's combat should evolve and not stay the same. I personally feel the SC is a tool and has counter to it as I laid out above. I don't think sprinting or SC has "ruined" halo and is very much Halo. It's bring in what modern shooters are doing without inserting load outs and other nonsense into the mix. There is no "wall running" and no super jump or unlocks. Everyone is on the same footing regardless of Player Rank in the game. Guy who bought Halo Day 1 is on the same foot as Guy who bought Halo today. The difference will be skill, Guy who bought Halo Day 1 will more than likely destroy Guy who bought Halo today because he know's the map, mechanics, and locations of power weapons.

Getting back to topic at hand here, SC can very much be a OH CRAP mechanic, but that is every bit a Halo mechanic as ever. It used to be that if you came around a corner in Halo 2 to a waiting Spartan, you were going to lose that fight, Halo 5 seems to give you a way out. You can back thrust out of the area or SC if the enemy spartan is close enough. SC is not a guarantee kill either, if that enemy spartan already started shooting you when SC, chance are you are going to loose that fight. I don't think there is any sort of inability to shoot the enemy spartan when they sc you either. but they do have to wait for the animation to finish.

Most of you who have been playing a lot more Halo than me since Halo 2, will probably disagree with me and that's cool, just remember one thing, I wrote my opinion above without being condescending, mean, or a general -Yoink- hat, please show me the same respect.
My man, you are the greatest person i have met in Halo in the past 6 years.
Its also used in campaign as a means of opening up the map.
It's a horrible game play mechanic. It really needs to be taken out of some (if not all) game modes.
Grifball for example is ruined with it in. Mostly it is overly exploited when used with the sword which has totally destroyed the balance that the game mode once had. But more importantly the game itself just cant keep up visually causing you to be killed by players that appear to be out of range.
you do realize that spartan charge does the same amount of damage as melee right? it only pops your shields from the front and is an instant kill from the back. now I'm not saying I agree with it fully but I dont really mind it that much. Meleeing someone is actually faster than spartan charge and its easier, and if people who argue that well it can be a one hit kill from the front but thats only with week shields where one melee will one hit kill too. Also, either way, melee or charge, the person who does it first will 90 percent of the time win so it works both ways and as for one hit kills from behinds, beat downs do that too. So when you take time to think about this you have to look at it how its actually almost completely equal to melee or better yet, melee is almost fully equal to spartan charge and you can also save your self from it by meleeing someone if you know they will charge. Charging really only happens from about 2-3 meters away when people round corners and from that distance, melee lunge will be in affect and they will still get the first hit and your shields will be down.

So you gotta look at it from both ways, not just because its a new mechanic and people don't like it because its new, it does the same as melee and maybe you get flung farther but you can still shoot which is a luxury that spartan charge doesn't have, they still have to redraw their weapon
you do realize that spartan charge does the same amount of damage as melee right? it only pops your shields from the front and is an instant kill from the back. now I'm not saying I agree with it fully but I dont really mind it that much. Meleeing someone is actually faster than spartan charge and its easier, and if people who argue that well it can be a one hit kill from the front but thats only with week shields where one melee will one hit kill too. Also, either way, melee or charge, the person who does it first will 90 percent of the time win so it works both ways and as for one hit kills from behinds, beat downs do that too. So when you take time to think about this you have to look at it how its actually almost completely equal to melee or better yet, melee is almost fully equal to spartan charge and you can also save your self from it by meleeing someone if you know they will charge. Charging really only happens from about 2-3 meters away when people round corners and from that distance, melee lunge will be in affect and they will still get the first hit and your shields will be down.

So you gotta look at it from both ways, not just because its a new mechanic and people don't like it because its new, it does the same as melee and maybe you get flung farther but you can still shoot which is a luxury that spartan charge doesn't have, they still have to redraw their weapon
So you're going to stand here and play devils advocate about spartan charge and ground pound? Literally two of the most objectively bad features for a halo game and you just HAVE to play devils advocate on this one. You are entitled to the wrong opinion but If I had to guess I would say the community probably does not love ground pound but is more split on sprint, clamber, etc. There is a difference between defending features that add to the game as an FPS and defending highly controversial super man dash.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. ...
  9. 17