OP ShaconBelf

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. ...
  6. 17
ShaconBelf wrote:
If Halo 6 has Spartan charge, the idea of me not purchasing a Halo game for the first time will cross my mind.... That is honestly my level of HATE for Spartan charge. It adds nothing to the gameplay.
ShaconBelf wrote:
If Halo 6 has Spartan charge, the idea of me not purchasing a Halo game for the first time will cross my mind.... That is honestly my level of HATE for Spartan charge. It adds nothing to the gameplay.
It adds to the immersion, neat tactic to knock over vehicles,
good tactic to use while sprinting, looks cool, great for forge custom games.
Whether you like it or not it does add to gameplay, it would be more accurate to say you simply don't like it. But to consider not getting game on rather small simple feature is a bit of a stretch.
Unless Halo 5's whole objective is to intentionally infuriate its player base, SC does not add to immersion in the slightest, and that knocking over vehicle feature is barely used outside of stealing REQs from teammates.
Primarily though, if it's in Halo 6, it really will go to show how little of a crap 343 actually give about the community opinion. For a lot of others, Halo 5 was the breaking point for this franchise, it's only gonna take minor f-ups with H6 to move a lot of us away from the series for good.

Whether you like it or not it does add to gameplay, it would be more accurate to say you simply don't like it. But to consider not getting game on rather small simple feature is a bit of a stretch.
Unless Halo 5's whole objective is to intentionally infuriate its player base, SC does not add to immersion in the slightest, and that knocking over vehicle feature is barely used outside of stealing REQs from teammates.
Primarily though, if it's in Halo 6, it really will go to show how little of a crap 343 actually give about the community opinion. For a lot of others, Halo 5 was the breaking point for this franchise, it's only gonna take minor f-ups with H6 to move a lot of us away from the series for good.
I really disagree but I suppose that's what's opinions are for, if they remove it they better put in something similar that's cool to use.
ShaconBelf wrote:
ShaconBelf wrote:
I really disagree but I suppose that's what's opinions are for, if they remove it they better put in something similar that's cool to use.
Honestly if it was just something your thruster pack did while you had speed boost equipped, it'd less irritating for most players. It's the frequency of it that ticks players off.
ShaconBelf wrote:
ShaconBelf wrote:
ShaconBelf wrote:
Honestly if it was just something your thruster pack did while you had speed boost equipped, it'd less irritating for most players. It's the frequency of it that ticks players off.
What do you mean? As in players use it not enough or too much? Because I barely even see it now, especially since it's so easy to dodge (maybe im just lucky), only time it really works is when you rush a base and even then your sprint is slowed down to quickly unless approaching from an opponents back.

Only time I hated it was when they made it so over powered with a speed boost, at least they fixed that
though
The only real issue i have with it is when you literally just round a cornor and someone runs into you with SC and your instantly one shot and its too easy to get picked off with a head shot. Id like to see it tweaked SLIGHTLY, like say just why of half a second. at least then more people would have a better chance of countering if caught off guard. to many times im SC and one shotted before i can even get their shield down because its cooldown is a bit too fast.
It's fun and totally awesome when you bash another Spartan. It's even funnier when it's you being smashed.
ShaconBelf wrote:
ShaconBelf wrote:
ShaconBelf wrote:
What do you mean? As in players use it not enough or too much? Because I barely even see it now, especially since it's so easy to dodge (maybe im just lucky), only time it really works is when you rush a base and even then your sprint is slowed down to quickly unless approaching from an opponents back.

Only time I hated it was when they made it so over powered with a speed boost, at least they fixed that
though
People use it far too much. It's a contradiction, because they try to discourage you from sprinting by giving drawbacks such as no shield regen, and sacrificing your offensive capabilities, but then they go a little back on that by encouraging sprinting by giving you unlimited sprint and spartan charge. It really doesn't make any sense. If spartan charge was an armor ability or something that required a cool down, it'd be less of a problem. It's the fact that it's a basic gameplay mechanic that makes it mess with so many gameplay features.
ShaconBelf wrote:
ShaconBelf wrote:
ShaconBelf wrote:
ShaconBelf wrote:

though
People use it far too much. It's a contradiction, because they try to discourage you from sprinting by giving drawbacks such as no shield regen, and sacrificing your offensive capabilities, but then they go a little back on that by encouraging sprinting by giving you unlimited sprint and spartan charge. It really doesn't make any sense. If spartan charge was an armor ability or something that required a cool down, it'd be less of a problem. It's the fact that it's a basic gameplay mechanic that makes it mess with so many gameplay features.
I suppose, but I find it is fine. I don't really see it as a problem, I find normal hitting is more effective in most cases. They got rid of armor abilities because of balance reasons I think. But if they nerf it in anyway people simply wouldn't use it in matchmaking.

my one fear about all this is if they take out sprint and these abilities. It would go back to the old Halo's and would do more harm than good. Aged mechanics can only take a game so far.
The only thing I dislike about the charge is the fact that it has auto aim, it just makes it so hard to dodge. I know it has that split second were you can instantly kill them but it's to hard to time.
ShaconBelf wrote:
ShaconBelf wrote:
ShaconBelf wrote:
ShaconBelf wrote:

though
I suppose, but I find it is fine. I don't really see it as a problem, I find normal hitting is more effective in most cases. They got rid of armor abilities because of balance reasons I think. But if they nerf it in anyway people simply wouldn't use it in matchmaking.

my one fear about all this is if they take out sprint and these abilities. It would go back to the old Halo's and would do more harm than good. Aged mechanics can only take a game so far.
I completely disagree, and this has been mentioned a few times in this thread already. Take H2A as an example, pretty sure I mentioned this in the first post. H2A, has classic Halo gameplay, everything about it plays like a true Halo game, yet because of its more modernized appearance, it plays and hold up to modern standards. Between hitmarkers and kill cams, none of the modern features in Halo 2A actually compromise the integrity of the Halo formula, and I've never seen anyone complain about how H2A plays. That's how a Halo game should be, and that's how people want a Halo game to play. I mean two of the most popular games of this year (DOOM and Overwatch) don't even have features like Sprint or ridiculous over the top abilities like thruster and spartan charge. Halo has never needed anything like this to hold up to player standards, and it never will. Hell even with all the issues, Halo 3 still holds its own gameplay wise to this day, same goes for Reach.
ShaconBelf wrote:
ShaconBelf wrote:
ShaconBelf wrote:
ShaconBelf wrote:
ShaconBelf wrote:

though

I completely disagree, and this has been mentioned a few times in this thread already. Take H2A as an example, pretty sure I mentioned this in the first post. H2A, has classic Halo gameplay, everything about it plays like a true Halo game, yet because of its more modernized appearance, it plays and hold up to modern standards. Between hitmarkers and kill cams, none of the modern features in Halo 2A actually compromise the integrity of the Halo formula, and I've never seen anyone complain about how H2A plays. That's how a Halo game should be, and that's how people want a Halo game to play. I mean two of the most popular games of this year (DOOM and Overwatch) don't even have features like Sprint or ridiculous over the top abilities like thruster and spartan charge. Halo has never needed anything like this to hold up to player standards, and it never will. Hell even with all the issues, Halo 3 still holds its own gameplay wise to this day, same goes for Reach.
Halo 2 anniversary wasn't that great. It was good for nostalgic reasons but even then all it provided was a visual upgrade.

Halo 3 had armor abilities though, but regardless they feel so aged. All you have to do is play them to see that, I had my original 14 man group back when we use to system link and they all said the exact same thing. Rebottling the same game and serving it to use would do more harm than good. Maybe it's personal preference. But regardless of my preference I know all my friends who love halo would ditch it if was just a rinse and repeat.

Some of these features needed to be introduced. I know if halo lost sprint and went back to bare basics I might as well keep to the old ones. Because it sure isn't worth spending $80-90AUS to play the present day equivalent of a $5 game.

But that's just me, it doesn't need to be the same as you opinion. But I simply know what it's like for me and my friends, if it works out for you then be happy about it. But I just know that everyone who I play with would just ditch it, hence why they gave up on COD and games like it.
It's gross and you can't turn it off in arena and warzone. At least make it so we can disable it individually like the auto stabilization.
I've never really encountered much of an issue with the charging or sprinting in general... Weird. Don't really care for or against either. I only use sprint to get from one end of the map to the other when a vehicle isn't available.. thought that was the point.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. ...
  6. 17