Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

req boost return

OP CBngVegas

this hasnt been as much of a problem lately, but occurs nonetheless. there are occasions where i get booted from a game for some kind of connectivity issue, tho rarely from my end as far as i can tell. this can be frustrating but i usually deal with it. The onlything that really hurts is when ive used a legendary (or any boost really) and get booted or drop and i totally lose the boost. i dont expect to get the boost if i dont finish, but it would be nice to get the card back in the inventory. i realize that we dont want to encourage quitting so you shouldnt get it back if you just leave a game, but if it is some kind of other issue it would be nice. i would imagine its not as easy to be able to differentiate between the two...but i quess its just a thought
I could be wrong, but I think you do get your boost back if you get kicked due to a connection issue. It dosen't give it back immediately, but it should give it back a little while after.
I believe that you lose it. They can not tell if you pulled the plug or you connection was lost. I know it hurts, but don't let it get you down!
You don’t lose any boosts. Any boost you use only gets applied if you finish a match regardless of whether that’s from start to finish or if you join one in progress. If you quit or get disconnected, any boost you use is returned to your inventory. It will show up in your inventory a match or two after you quit/disconnect.

Additionally, you never lose Gambit boosts either. If you don’t meet the requirements for the XP/RP, your boost is returned to your inventory and is ready to be used again.
tuhin94 wrote:
You don’t lose any boosts. Any boost you use only gets applied if you finish a match regardless of whether that’s from start to finish or if you join one in progress. If you quit or get disconnected, any boost you use is returned to your inventory. It will show up in your inventory a match or two after you quit/disconnect.

Additionally, you never lose Gambit boosts either. If you don’t meet the requirements for the XP/RP, your boost is returned to your inventory and is ready to be used again.
Nice, thanks for the info. Surprised that I never noticed before!
tuhin94 wrote:

I never knew that about the gambit boosts, thanks!
Sometimes it can take a few games for boosts to be applied back to your REQ inventory, it's not always immediate
CBngVegas wrote:
this hasnt been as much of a problem lately, but occurs nonetheless. there are occasions where i get booted from a game for some kind of connectivity issue, tho rarely from my end as far as i can tell. this can be frustrating but i usually deal with it. The onlything that really hurts is when ive used a legendary (or any boost really) and get booted or drop and i totally lose the boost. i dont expect to get the boost if i dont finish, but it would be nice to get the card back in the inventory. i realize that we dont want to encourage quitting so you shouldnt get it back if you just leave a game, but if it is some kind of other issue it would be nice. i would imagine its not as easy to be able to differentiate between the two...but i quess its just a thought
Your boost will be returned to you after you play another game you can’t use it on that game however
tuhin94 wrote:

well this is relieving... i dont know where i got the idea from in the first place then. I could swear i noticed them out of my inventory once but it was so long ago. this makes me feel better