1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I am sure by now you have all experienced this happening to you. You have worked SO hard all game and finally...you are at REQ 7+. Spartan Palmer has been giving you words of encouragement all game and it's making you feel really great about yourself. That legendary weapon has you have been saving has been burning a hole in your REQs and you think..."You know what, I deserve to bring one of those in (let's call it Nornfang)."

Just your luck, you bring it in and almost immediately die (most often surrounded by teammates that have zero awareness of what is going on around them. Some random teammate looks over and see this shiny weapon on the ground and decides to pick it up.

You spawn in immediately with hopes of running back to retrieve your weapon. Once you arrive you see THAT teammate has picked it up and is shooting away. NO matter how much you try to get their attention...they refuse to give you back what is yours.

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE TAKE NOTE BELOW.

It is common decency to return the weapon to the person that brought it in, especially if they are trying so hard to get your attention for you to give it back. Granted, sometimes you will have a person that is indifferent to whether or not they lose a REQ weapon...but cmon, I am sure you mom raised you better than that.

NOTE: This doesn't just apply to legendary REQs, if someone, dies unfortunately without getting the chance to use their REQ, be a good gamer (decent person) and hand it back to them.
Quote:
It is common decency to return the weapon to the person that brought it in, especially if they are trying so hard to get your attention for you to give it back. Granted, sometimes you will have a person that is indifferent to whether or not they lose a REQ weapon...but cmon, I am sure you mom raised you better than that.

NOTE: This doesn't just apply to legendary REQs, if someone, dies unfortunately without getting the chance to use their REQ, be a good gamer (decent person) and hand it back to them.
This should be the fine print on every Req Card. ^^
Personally I feel it's free game if you die. I've lossed countless reqs from bogus spawns to just being in bad spots and such. I don't even go out of my way trying to get them back, I just build back up and use another req.

i also feel they should just despawn reqs when the user dies.
Eh, I disagree with that. Warzone always makes it feel like it's forcing you to spend REQs. You rarely are able to get high level REQs from the match itself (enemy AI dropping them). If they despawned instantly, it would feel wasteful.
Personally I feel it's free game if you die. I've lossed countless reqs from bogus spawns to just being in bad spots and such. I don't even go out of my way trying to get them back, I just build back up and use another req.

True, but it will piss of almost everyone if someone steals your weapon, and doesn't even acknowledge you or that they stole it. How would you feel if you bought your very last NornFang, and some lucky enemy has a sword, and you don't notice them. Then some teammate steals your corpse's NornFang. When you respawn, you go to get it, find your teammate with it, teabag and shoot them as much as you can, but they just end up shooting you with a whole NornFang magazine.
If you were playing for the better of the team, you would be thankful that someone got your weapon before it despawned and is now using it for your team's benefit.
How am I, or anyone else, supposed to know how long you've had a weapon for?

Also, it's only "stealing" if someone betrays you for it. Other than that, it's on you to stay alive long enough to use it. If you die, it's fair game.
Lol do some of the people commenting even know the definition of etiquette? Spoiler alert, it's just a different way of saying polite behavior! Like covering your mouth when sneezing, it's nice when people around you do it. Is it the end of the world if they dont? No. Is it appreciated by the rest of society if they do? Yes. Think that's all OP is saying; be nice to your teammates to create a better experience for everyone, no one is gonna force you to do it obviously, but it wouldn't hurt if you were a team player.

Personally, when I see a teammate calling in a Power Weapon i'll keep an eye out for them cause if they do well its gonna benefit the entire team. If they die, i'll pick up the weapon for sure and wait for them to give it back. If they don't come to pick it up ASAP, i'll even return to a safe armory or home base and message em. Takes minimal effort on my part and improves the experience for everyone, just like covering your mouth when sneezing!
Nah... Saldy it's free game if you die and drop it. Sure if I knew for sure it was that player that dropped it I usually give it back (if I can). But majority of the time you don't know who dropped it. So it could be some jerk who just wants it. A long time ago I had two players trying to betray me for a nornfang so I did like any good player and jumped off the edge of the map so no one could have it :)
On one occasion in WZFF, a team mate got off their ghost to fight, but left it in a vulnerable place, so I hoped in moved it out of harm's way, and got back out so they could have it back. But before I got out, they called me a thief, tried to explain that it was a bad spot to leave it, but to no avail. Others got on the mic and jumped down the guys throat, stating that you snooze you loose. If you are playing as a team, then I can see giving back what ever REQ is involved. From my point of view, If I die, use my REQ to the fullest. Rather have my team use it then let it fall into the enemy's hands.
I return reqs the majority of the time, but if I witness you die with a req multiple times without putting it to use, i will probably either leave it laying on the ground or use it myself.
Of course, there's always the case when a teammate betrays you too. I just finished a Warzone match where a teammate splattered me with a banshee, jumped out and took off with my Halo 2 delta beam rifle. Oddest thing I've experienced with a legendary req...didn't even know what exactly happened until I watched it in theatre.
Personally, I make sure I'm in a safe place before I spawn a high level req like a nornfang. Like at base

Now, if someone was being a... [appropriate for waypoint] an unsporting player, I will absolutely waste all the ammo in it leaving only a single round in it. Then I'll give it back.

Now if an enemy drops a req after I kill them and I'm in a situation where I know I'll die quickly, I'll fire off as many rounds as I can while trying to get away.
I reqd it, died, someone picks it up, they die, I retrieve it, and then they start to pester me for it. It was my req to begin with! I am now of the school that it is all fair game. Truth be told, the reqs are not that important to me. I will spawn req's just to exact revenge and then give them away after, e.g. I was having a nice little streak on my gungoose, putting around blasting fools, when a wasp caught me by surprise, and killed me. I spawned a wasp killed the enemy wasp, flew the wasp into the fortress, and gave it away. Back on topic, If I get my req back, great, if I don't, doesn't matter, as long as someone from my team is putting it to good use. I will not pester to get it back and find those that do annoying. Even more annoying is someone pestering you for a suban or other crap like that. Give me a break!
I always return REQ weapons to their original users; I would just hold on to them before it despawns or get snag by someone else, and wait there until the particular play comes back for their weapon.

Spoiler:
Show
I have mixed feelings about taking someone else's REQ. If it's out in the middle of an open battlefield, I'll take it before the enemy can get to it. But, if I watch a teammate die from a couple of lucky shots in a remote spot, I will pick it up so it won't despawn, and when he comes back and we commence the "Crouching of the Tards," (literally just the rapid crouching that is universally used as a sign of friendliness, as dubbed by a buddy of mine) I will give it back and be on my way. When I play with my IRL buddies, and I get ganked by some BS (looking at YOU, Hunters that spawn in Stormbreak), if one of them is nearby, I will actually encourage them to take it and put it to good use. Betrayals are another story. If you betray me for something, you are scum and I will curse you with "The Mark of iSpiteful" and you will die by nothing but sniper weapons.
Nothing worse than bad etiquette on a similar note I've been getting betrayed a lot recently playing ctf just when I'm about to cap so that my betrayer gets the cap though twice now it's cost us the game !!!
I feel bad looking back when I was an -Yoink- and didn't give people reqs back. Give them back I shall!
If H5 has shown us anything it's that some people will take advantage of every opportunity they can, etiquette be damned.
LethalQ wrote:
Nah... Saldy it's free game if you die and drop it. Sure if I knew for sure it was that player that dropped it I usually give it back (if I can). But majority of the time you don't know who dropped it. So it could be some jerk how just wants it. A long time ago I had two players trying to betray me for a nornfang so I did like any good player and jumped off the edge of the map so no one could have it :)
I'm one of those people that would totally jump off of the map too lol.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2