Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Req packs on sale, get those credit cards out :-)

OP LethalQ

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 12
This is a joke I want to be able to drop req points for the team weapon skins
Not worth my money, but to some, they find value in it. Glad to hear it's on sale for those who like to buy them.
Yet there's no discount via req points. Funny how you get rewarded for not playing the game, now. It's getting pathetic, how sad that such a money hungry company took over Halo.
Exactly, this shows that the req system is for the devs to line their pockets without the need to put out new content. Halo 5 is one of the only recent multiplayer games I know that doesn't have increased XP/Rp events on weekends and such, for obvious reasons. Even Ea games have them, and we all know how bad of a rep EA has. I've even received free items, such as gold Battlepacks in BF4, and Microtransaction finds (gold) in the ea mobile game "need for speed no limits" when they have server issues with the listed games. I once got around $15 worth of gold in that mobile game, for free! Just as an acknowledgement for their server issues!

All this from EA, and yet 343 can't simply put an XP/EP boost weekend or even discounts on req packs (RP wise not $$). However what I'm most confused about is how players are still coming up with excuses to defend 343s decisions?

Don't get me wrong though, I'm very happy with the Gold req packs we get from doing firefight wins/commendations.
There was once a time in video games where the game provided you a challenge to complete and you unlocked your content that way. Wanted scout armor? Splatter someone with a mongoose. Wanted Hayabusa? Collect all skulls. Now it's through these BS RNG slot machines with micro transactions on the side.
Yet there's no discount via req points. Funny how you get rewarded for not playing the game, now. It's getting pathetic, how sad that such a money hungry company took over Halo.
Exactly, this shows that the req system is for the devs to line their pockets without the need to put out new content. Halo 5 is one of the only recent multiplayer games I know that doesn't have increased XP/Rp events on weekends and such, for obvious reasons. Even Ea games have them, and we all know how bad of a rep EA has. I've even received free items, such as gold Battlepacks in BF4, and Microtransaction finds (gold) in the ea mobile game "need for speed no limits" when they have server issues with the listed games. I once got around $15 worth of gold in that mobile game, for free! Just as an acknowledgement for their server issues!

All this from EA, and yet 343 can't simply put an XP/EP boost weekend or even discounts on req packs (RP wise not $$). However what I'm most confused about is how players are still coming up with excuses to defend 343s decisions?

Don't get me wrong though, I'm very happy with the Gold req packs we get from doing firefight wins/commendations.
Yeah because we haven't received any maps, games or content since after launch right? Oh wait.... we have received content.
LethalQ wrote:
Req packs on sale...
I'm just curious as to baddisprops is?
LethalQ wrote:

Yeah because we haven't received any maps, games or content since after launch right? Oh wait.... we have received content.
Where did I say they didn't create any content? I said they can make money without NEEDING to make content. Learn to read bud.
Secondly, a lot of this content was from past games. It took them SEVEN MONTHS to add campaign scoring. Which was a standard of halo campaign since 2007. Further remixed/armour variants don't count as "content" that's filler to make it harder to get the REQs you want, in turn encouraging you to buy req packs.

Why not counter the point about EA? Or the rest of the post? Or did you purposely misread the first line to dodge the bullets?
Van Bur3n wrote:
There was once a time in video games where the game provided you a challenge to complete and you unlocked your content that way. Wanted scout armor? Splatter someone with a mongoose. Wanted Hayabusa? Collect all skulls. Now it's through these BS RNG slot machines with micro transactions on the side.
Precisely, and with each consecutive update it gets harder and harder to get what you want due to filler variants of REQs being added into the req pool.
LethalQ wrote:

Where did I say they didn't create any content? I said they can make money without NEEDING to make content. Learn to read bud.
Secondly, a lot of this content was from past games. It took them SEVEN MONTHS to add campaign scoring. Which was a standard of halo campaign since 2007. Further remixed/armour variants don't count as "content" that's filler to make it harder to get the REQs you want, in turn encouraging you to buy req packs.

Why not counter the point about EA? Or the rest of the post? Or did you purposely misread the first line to dodge the bullets?
I have already pointed out plenty in the thread. I am not going to keep repeating the same stuff over and over.
For all u people out there who don't realize that the people who work for 343 aren't there for charity. They need money. They go to work everyday and work extremely hard to put out these updates. Plus, 2,000,000 dollars spent on the req packs went towards the prize pool for HCS. It's business, companies need to make money in order to create more content.
Im too close to get everything by REQ points only, don't tempt me satan!! :(

Just so everyone knows i failed :( 24 hrs later i just bought a 7 Gold pack :(
Viimal wrote:
For all u people out there who don't realize that the people who work for 343 aren't there for charity. They need money. They go to work everyday and work extremely hard to put out these updates. Plus, 2,000,000 dollars spent on the req packs went towards the prize pool for HCS. It's business, companies need to make money in order to create more content.
Because it isn't like Halo also makes money from books, comics, and all other manner of merchandise. We get companies need to make money, but it isn't like 343 or MS are dirt poor. Halo 5 isn't even free to play and the free updates, while having original content sprinkled in, also relies on recycling armor variants, emblems from past games, weapon skins in sets, remixed maps, and old gametypes. That's hardly impressive given how profitable REQs seem to be.
You should have put in a Lenny face in the title instead of the usual smiley face
No thank you.
Hmm, $2.69 or an hour and a half of playtime? Might just stick to the hour and a half of playing the actual game for my digital goods.
If ya'll have a problem with micro-transactions, there's a very easy solution you can start doing right now.

Don't buy them.

It's really just that simple.
If ya'll have a problem with micro-transactions, there's a very easy solution you can start doing right now.

Don't buy them.

It's really just that simple.
Seems people do, so that was a waste of what I think you assumed was a great rebuttal. Still would be nice for people who don't buy them with cash to be able to get a discount when buying with REQ Points since you kinda need to get REQs to make the most out of the game. Of course, I suppose those people don't matter even though they support the game.
Seriously why is this a topic? Why is this even being defended because its discounted? The moment I saw the reqs it screamed greed because the only logical thing is to grab attention and take money since they discounted something that gives you tons of reqs of course most people who don't think would buy them.

Plus the amount of reqs the likely ones they are advertising to really don't care about blowing their cash away probably not realizing they spent more than a video game would cost or the map packs bungie had released.

Req points, rng, microtransactions should of never been introduced to the Halo franchise it only influences people to accept the way things are like low quality content, a lackluster incomplete game and the realization of dropping the franchise to play the older installments or just playing customs because there is no reason to waste double the cost of the game itself.

I know there are those out there who did that and honestly its a shame you would call yourself a Halo fan.
I have everything unlocked so......
Viimal wrote:
microsoft makes plenty of money...they dont "need" to implement shady business practices in order to be successful...i mean you wouldnt defend a robber who stole your couch because he needed it would you? even if he did leave you a snickers bar or something...not the most accurate example i know but i think it atleast makes my thought process more apparent.....and in regards to the 2,000,000 dollars...microsoft could pay that easily if they wanted to....i would much rather that 2 mil have gone to the general player base....give us all 100 gold packs or something....or use it to make real dlc...free of course :)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 12