Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

REQ System "Unintrusive"?

OP MyNamesFuRii

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. ...
  6. 15
Quote:
You say go to Arena if you don't like Warzone and you can still earn XP and RP to unlock items, but here's the thing, the XP/RP earned in Arena compared to Warzone is difficult to ignore. I have mentioned this before on the forums a long time ago given that earning XP/RP in Arena is so low it is as if they are trying to drive you to Warzone. If the amount earned was close to being the same then I would agree with you, but it is clearly not.

This does make a difference. The player who is solely an Arena player will take longer to unlock all the items. That aspect alone is intruding on that player's experience of the game. You might say boosts right? Those RP boosts are pretty sad. I think even a Legendary one only gives you 1,200 RP. I could be wrong. It has been so long since I earned one.
This for me hits the nail on the head as to why challenge based unlockables would be a welcome addition. I prefer Arena over Warzone. Though I run warzone for the RP/XP per match. I'd take "Get X headshots with this weapon to unlock X skin" in Arena all day.
Simply because a game type is not friendly to new players doesn't mean the req system is intrusive. You can grind out points to get reqs from any game mode in the game.
Yes, strictly speaking, I brought up the issue of Warzone being unfriendly to new players as a separate issue from how intrusive the req system is. But, like Dax pointed out, the RP gained from arena playlists is dwarfed by how much you can get from Warzone game modes. In light of that, I think it's fair to say it actually is intrusive in this manner.
Since the req system is based off of chance and not skill or pay to get the best stuff, it means that anyone regardless of skill can get a shot at power weapons and good gear. I have never felt unfairly at a disadvantage for the random reqs i get playing warzone because everyone gets random reqs.
It's not exactly accurate to say "everyone gets random reqs". In reality, new players unlock garbage reqs, and veteran players unlock Ultra-rare, Legendary and Mythic reqs. So again, this is unfriendly to new players. If everyone unlocked random reqs, then it would be more fair, kind of like Super Fiesta is fair in its total randomness. But when it comes to unlocking reqs to use in Warzone, this is clearly not the case.
An unfair systems like in Battlefront and Destiny 1 (I have no clue about destiny 2 tbh) are nothing like what we see in Halo 5.
Enough people in this thread have already made the "it's not worse than other games" argument. The fact that other games might have more intrusive lootbox systems really has no bearing on this discussion.
That being said, i know many will say, "If you've played for a long time, you can get more gold packs with better gear that can wipe out noobs. That's not fair!"
And to that i ask, why shouldn't players who have played longer, be able to unlock bigger packs?
The reason why players who have played longer shouldn't be able to unlock bigger packs is because that makes it unfriendly to new players, as has been pointed out.
And additionally, if new players want those things, they can buy loads of packs till they get the elite gear!

The purpose of paying for packs is so that if new players do not wish to grind out the req pool, they can buy their way there. If anything, the req system allows new players to have a better shot in Warzone!
Giving those new players an option to buy their way onto an equal playing field is far from an acceptable solution. Do you really think saying "it's all ok because as long as they happen to be rich, this issue of Warzone being unfriendly to new players isn't a problem" is an acceptable argument? Yes obviously the req system allows new players to pay their way to an equal playing field in Warzone, but that's hardly a point in its favor. Let's remember that if it wasn't for Warzone, new players wouldn't have to either grind or pay their way to an equal playing field in the first place.
Quote:
The purpose of paying for packs is so that if new players do not wish to grind out the req pool, they can buy their way there. If anything, the req system allows new players to have a better shot in Warzone!
So what you're saying is that in order to win, they gotta pay? Pretty sure there's a name for something like that.
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Delta5931 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Then don't play that mode till you build a inventory. It's like any other mode where new players are at a disadvantage to veteran players.
If new players need to grind lots of hours in X game modes in order to be on an even playing field with veteran players in Y game modes, then I think it's still fair to say Y game modes aren't exactly friendly to new players, compared to X game modes in which new players start on an even playing field with veteran players. In that respect, it's not like any other game mode where new players are at a disadvantage to veteran players. Remember I'm only talking about req arsenals, not skill or map knowledge.
Why does everything have to be fair? Is it really that bad that players have to actually play the game to get stuff in it? That players have to work their way up. Granted it sucks that it's RNG for their stuff but it's really not that hard to grind out points for packs.
It's not fun when you're being wiped across the floor because your opponent got lucky in a Daily Pack and unlocked a SPNKr Prime, and all you got was a plasma pistol.
It creates a hideous imbalance, and new players don't want to play it. I speak from experience, as I got into Warzone, and immediately got destroyed by the other team and their high level vehicles and weapons, and I had little to nothing to counter them with. I swore off Warzone that day, and I will never go back.
Grinding out points is easy. If you're doing well and you win. That's the kicker. In Warzone, it's nigh on impossible to do well as a level 0. You've got to play for hours upon hours to be able to go toe to toe with the big boys, and by that time, you've probably stopped playing and moved on to another game.
Warzone isn't about balance though. If you want balance gameplay play arena. If you had a plasma pistol why didn't you use some cover and noob combo them and then take their spknr prime?
There is a difference between pure balance and having an equal playing field. Arena is balanced because, in most playlists, all players from the get-go are on equal terms. It is player/team skill that gives one side an edge over another.

Warzone by nature isn't exactly balanced, where your performance during a match gets you to higher REQ levels faster, thus giving you access to better gear sooner. The problem isn't that someone got to REQ level 6 faster and is now out-ranging you from across the map with a DMR. The problem is that someone can go on a spree with a Prophet's Bane that they got from a $10 microtransaction pack.

And, sure, maybe if I spend a few hundred bucks on the loot boxes or grind multiple millions of REQ Points, I too can have a chance at a Prophet's Bane certification. A chance. An RNG chance. I shouldn't have to grind millions of points or spend more money for an advantage in a fun game mode. And before you say "Then don't play Warzone.", I bought this game, and I'm going to play whichever mode I damn-well please. Though I should never be put at a disadvantage against another player because even though we both bought the game, they either bought more or got lucky with RNG.

Warzone could be unbalanced, but an equal playing field, if all players had access to all requisitions. No more one-time-use -Yoink- out of -Yoink- loot boxes. That way, not only would players/teams with higher skill have an edge and get more REQs faster, but any player could turn the tide by using any REQ they have access to. Not just the ones with better RNG luck, or more money to spend.
Actually yes it is valid to say don't play warzone if you aren't willing to grind out points for pack or pay money for them. It isn't that hard to grind out the points you need to unlock everything. Especially if you use the silver to gold method and take advantage of all the free packs available. To me it makes no difference how some one got their reqs. They still fought their way to that particular req level to use them. With the exception of turbo which is awesome fun to me.
Actually yes you can progress in game without playing warzone. You can get all the same stuff unlocked by playing arena for points. It makes no difference. You gain RP and XP in arena. Again if you want skill and balanced play... Play arena. Warzone is about knowing what reqs to use to counter. Why would you try and counter a nornfang with a regular sniper rifle? I guess you could if you took a different position. But it's best to use active camo and sneak up on them or use a banshee ultra and just bomb them.
I think you missed my point. Yes, you can progress in the game without playing Warzone, but general progression is linked directly to the loot box store, which heavily promotes Warzone, which the game and loot box microtransaction system is built around. Someone can play exclusively Arena and be fine, but they'll still have to go through the cash store to open their progression rewards and buy to more loot boxes with their REQ points.

The Nornfang vs Sniper is just an example, no need to dissect it as if it will delegitimize my argument. The fact remains that Player A can pay their way to a distinctive in-game advantage over Player B. Or Player C can win the RNG REQ Pack lottery and get a SPNKr Prime certification early on, and can rack up a massive stock over time that not many others can compete with. Or are those arguments also subject to be picked apart because there's a way to "counter" it?

Will I let the pay-for-power system of Warzone deter me from playing it? No. I bought the game, so I'm going to play all the game has to offer. Especially when that mode is the central focus-point of the game. And you know what? I enjoy Warzone because I find the unbalanced nature of it to be fun. Unbalance can still work if it is on an equal/fair playing field, but it doesn't work when it's on an unequal/unfair paying field.
What progression is linked to the packs? None, unless you count unlocking stuff, which can be unlocked by points no matter which multiplayer playlist you play.
Do not post spam.

Spoiler:
Show
Do not post spam.

Spoiler:
Show
LethalQ wrote:
Quote:
The purpose of paying for packs is so that if new players do not wish to grind out the req pool, they can buy their way there. If anything, the req system allows new players to have a better shot in Warzone!
So what you're saying is that in order to win, they gotta pay? Pretty sure there's a name for something like that.
I like who people think if players buy packs that means they will win. As some one who bought some packs when the game first came out and now haven't purchased a pack in well over a year I have noticed no difference at all if I win or lose a match. All the reqs in the world won't guarantee you a win.
Pay2Win is short and concise, but it's not the literal meaning.
P2GAAWCSBBBS is a lot longer and harder to pronounce, and remember to write, but it's the literal meaning of what it stands for.

See, P2W means buying something which gives you an advantage against someone else. It pushes a player towards victory.
And yes, I do have the second acronym, not just random letters.

Pay 2 Get An Advantage Which Can Still Be Beaten By Skill
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Delta5931 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Then don't play that mode till you build a inventory. It's like any other mode where new players are at a disadvantage to veteran players.
If new players need to grind lots of hours in X game modes in order to be on an even playing field with veteran players in Y game modes, then I think it's still fair to say Y game modes aren't exactly friendly to new players, compared to X game modes in which new players start on an even playing field with veteran players. In that respect, it's not like any other game mode where new players are at a disadvantage to veteran players. Remember I'm only talking about req arsenals, not skill or map knowledge.
Why does everything have to be fair? Is it really that bad that players have to actually play the game to get stuff in it? That players have to work their way up. Granted it sucks that it's RNG for their stuff but it's really not that hard to grind out points for packs.
It's not fun when you're being wiped across the floor because your opponent got lucky in a Daily Pack and unlocked a SPNKr Prime, and all you got was a plasma pistol.
It creates a hideous imbalance, and new players don't want to play it. I speak from experience, as I got into Warzone, and immediately got destroyed by the other team and their high level vehicles and weapons, and I had little to nothing to counter them with. I swore off Warzone that day, and I will never go back.
Grinding out points is easy. If you're doing well and you win. That's the kicker. In Warzone, it's nigh on impossible to do well as a level 0. You've got to play for hours upon hours to be able to go toe to toe with the big boys, and by that time, you've probably stopped playing and moved on to another game.
Warzone isn't about balance though. If you want balance gameplay play arena. If you had a plasma pistol why didn't you use some cover and noob combo them and then take their spknr prime?
There is a difference between pure balance and having an equal playing field. Arena is balanced because, in most playlists, all players from the get-go are on equal terms. It is player/team skill that gives one side an edge over another.

Warzone by nature isn't exactly balanced, where your performance during a match gets you to higher REQ levels faster, thus giving you access to better gear sooner. The problem isn't that someone got to REQ level 6 faster and is now out-ranging you from across the map with a DMR. The problem is that someone can go on a spree with a Prophet's Bane that they got from a $10 microtransaction pack.

And, sure, maybe if I spend a few hundred bucks on the loot boxes or grind multiple millions of REQ Points, I too can have a chance at a Prophet's Bane certification. A chance. An RNG chance. I shouldn't have to grind millions of points or spend more money for an advantage in a fun game mode. And before you say "Then don't play Warzone.", I bought this game, and I'm going to play whichever mode I damn-well please. Though I should never be put at a disadvantage against another player because even though we both bought the game, they either bought more or got lucky with RNG.

Warzone could be unbalanced, but an equal playing field, if all players had access to all requisitions. No more one-time-use -Yoink- out of -Yoink- loot boxes. That way, not only would players/teams with higher skill have an edge and get more REQs faster, but any player could turn the tide by using any REQ they have access to. Not just the ones with better RNG luck, or more money to spend.
Actually yes it is valid to say don't play warzone if you aren't willing to grind out points for pack or pay money for them. It isn't that hard to grind out the points you need to unlock everything. Especially if you use the silver to gold method and take advantage of all the free packs available. To me it makes no difference how some one got their reqs. They still fought their way to that particular req level to use them. With the exception of turbo which is awesome fun to me.
Actually yes you can progress in game without playing warzone. You can get all the same stuff unlocked by playing arena for points. It makes no difference. You gain RP and XP in arena. Again if you want skill and balanced play... Play arena. Warzone is about knowing what reqs to use to counter. Why would you try and counter a nornfang with a regular sniper rifle? I guess you could if you took a different position. But it's best to use active camo and sneak up on them or use a banshee ultra and just bomb them.
I think you missed my point. Yes, you can progress in the game without playing Warzone, but general progression is linked directly to the loot box store, which heavily promotes Warzone, which the game and loot box microtransaction system is built around. Someone can play exclusively Arena and be fine, but they'll still have to go through the cash store to open their progression rewards and buy to more loot boxes with their REQ points.

The Nornfang vs Sniper is just an example, no need to dissect it as if it will delegitimize my argument. The fact remains that Player A can pay their way to a distinctive in-game advantage over Player B. Or Player C can win the RNG REQ Pack lottery and get a SPNKr Prime certification early on, and can rack up a massive stock over time that not many others can compete with. Or are those arguments also subject to be picked apart because there's a way to "counter" it?

Will I let the pay-for-power system of Warzone deter me from playing it? No. I bought the game, so I'm going to play all the game has to offer. Especially when that mode is the central focus-point of the game. And you know what? I enjoy Warzone because I find the unbalanced nature of it to be fun. Unbalance can still work if it is on an equal/fair playing field, but it doesn't work when it's on an unequal/unfair paying field.
What progression is linked to the packs? None, unless you count unlocking stuff, which can be unlocked by points no matter which multiplayer playlist you play.
Progression in-game outside of developing player skill can be defined through SR, REQ Points, and Commendations.

SR is obtained through gaining experience points you earn in-game. This can be accelerated with XP Boosters available in loot boxes. Once you rank-up, you obtain another loot box that contains more depending on level. So, in order to claim your rewards for ranking up, you interact with the loot boxes.

REQ Points are also obtained in-game, and can also be accelerated with REQ Point Boosters available in loot boxes. Once you have enough, you can buy a Bronze, Silver, or Gold loot box. Loot boxes are the only way for you to obtain permanent unlocks and one-time-use requisitions for Warzone. After X time in game, you get one free go at the loot box slot machine.

Commendations are specific goals that you complete through specific actions. Commendation progress can be accelerated by using matching/complementary gear found in the loot boxes. Once you complete a commendation, you get a mini-loot box with an Emblem showing what you did, with the exception of Firefight commendations, which I believe give you Gold loot boxes.

Multiplayer, as a whole, is built around or can be influenced by the loot boxes. There is constant interaction with the REQ store.
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Delta5931 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Then don't play that mode till you build a inventory. It's like any other mode where new players are at a disadvantage to veteran players.
If new players need to grind lots of hours in X game modes in order to be on an even playing field with veteran players in Y game modes, then I think it's still fair to say Y game modes aren't exactly friendly to new players, compared to X game modes in which new players start on an even playing field with veteran players. In that respect, it's not like any other game mode where new players are at a disadvantage to veteran players. Remember I'm only talking about req arsenals, not skill or map knowledge.
Why does everything have to be fair? Is it really that bad that players have to actually play the game to get stuff in it? That players have to work their way up. Granted it sucks that it's RNG for their stuff but it's really not that hard to grind out points for packs.
It's not fun when you're being wiped across the floor because your opponent got lucky in a Daily Pack and unlocked a SPNKr Prime, and all you got was a plasma pistol.
It creates a hideous imbalance, and new players don't want to play it. I speak from experience, as I got into Warzone, and immediately got destroyed by the other team and their high level vehicles and weapons, and I had little to nothing to counter them with. I swore off Warzone that day, and I will never go back.
Grinding out points is easy. If you're doing well and you win. That's the kicker. In Warzone, it's nigh on impossible to do well as a level 0. You've got to play for hours upon hours to be able to go toe to toe with the big boys, and by that time, you've probably stopped playing and moved on to another game.
Warzone isn't about balance though. If you want balance gameplay play arena. If you had a plasma pistol why didn't you use some cover and noob combo them and then take their spknr prime?
There is a difference between pure balance and having an equal playing field. Arena is balanced because, in most playlists, all players from the get-go are on equal terms. It is player/team skill that gives one side an edge over another.

Warzone by nature isn't exactly balanced, where your performance during a match gets you to higher REQ levels faster, thus giving you access to better gear sooner. The problem isn't that someone got to REQ level 6 faster and is now out-ranging you from across the map with a DMR. The problem is that someone can go on a spree with a Prophet's Bane that they got from a $10 microtransaction pack.

And, sure, maybe if I spend a few hundred bucks on the loot boxes or grind multiple millions of REQ Points, I too can have a chance at a Prophet's Bane certification. A chance. An RNG chance. I shouldn't have to grind millions of points or spend more money for an advantage in a fun game mode. And before you say "Then don't play Warzone.", I bought this game, and I'm going to play whichever mode I damn-well please. Though I should never be put at a disadvantage against another player because even though we both bought the game, they either bought more or got lucky with RNG.

Warzone could be unbalanced, but an equal playing field, if all players had access to all requisitions. No more one-time-use -Yoink- out of -Yoink- loot boxes. That way, not only would players/teams with higher skill have an edge and get more REQs faster, but any player could turn the tide by using any REQ they have access to. Not just the ones with better RNG luck, or more money to spend.
Actually yes it is valid to say don't play warzone if you aren't willing to grind out points for pack or pay money for them. It isn't that hard to grind out the points you need to unlock everything. Especially if you use the silver to gold method and take advantage of all the free packs available. To me it makes no difference how some one got their reqs. They still fought their way to that particular req level to use them. With the exception of turbo which is awesome fun to me.
Actually yes you can progress in game without playing warzone. You can get all the same stuff unlocked by playing arena for points. It makes no difference. You gain RP and XP in arena. Again if you want skill and balanced play... Play arena. Warzone is about knowing what reqs to use to counter. Why would you try and counter a nornfang with a regular sniper rifle? I guess you could if you took a different position. But it's best to use active camo and sneak up on them or use a banshee ultra and just bomb them.
I think you missed my point. Yes, you can progress in the game without playing Warzone, but general progression is linked directly to the loot box store, which heavily promotes Warzone, which the game and loot box microtransaction system is built around. Someone can play exclusively Arena and be fine, but they'll still have to go through the cash store to open their progression rewards and buy to more loot boxes with their REQ points.

The Nornfang vs Sniper is just an example, no need to dissect it as if it will delegitimize my argument. The fact remains that Player A can pay their way to a distinctive in-game advantage over Player B. Or Player C can win the RNG REQ Pack lottery and get a SPNKr Prime certification early on, and can rack up a massive stock over time that not many others can compete with. Or are those arguments also subject to be picked apart because there's a way to "counter" it?

Will I let the pay-for-power system of Warzone deter me from playing it? No. I bought the game, so I'm going to play all the game has to offer. Especially when that mode is the central focus-point of the game. And you know what? I enjoy Warzone because I find the unbalanced nature of it to be fun. Unbalance can still work if it is on an equal/fair playing field, but it doesn't work when it's on an unequal/unfair paying field.
What progression is linked to the packs? None, unless you count unlocking stuff, which can be unlocked by points no matter which multiplayer playlist you play.
Progression in-game outside of developing player skill can be defined through SR, REQ Points, and Commendations.

SR is obtained through gaining experience points you earn in-game. This can be accelerated with XP Boosters available in loot boxes. Once you rank-up, you obtain another loot box that contains more depending on level. So, in order to claim your rewards for ranking up, you interact with the loot boxes.

REQ Points are also obtained in-game, and can also be accelerated with REQ Point Boosters available in loot boxes. Once you have enough, you can buy a Bronze, Silver, or Gold loot box. Loot boxes are the only way for you to obtain permanent unlocks and one-time-use requisitions for Warzone. After X time in game, you get one free go at the loot box slot machine.

Commendations are specific goals that you complete through specific actions. Commendation progress can be accelerated by using matching/complementary gear found in the loot boxes. Once you complete a commendation, you get a mini-loot box with an Emblem showing what you did, with the exception of Firefight commendations, which I believe give you Gold loot boxes.

Multiplayer, as a whole, is built around or can be influenced by the loot boxes. There is constant interaction with the REQ store.
So you don't like how if you don't use boost or jackpots you will have to play longer to progress? Nothing wrong with that if you ask me as it still doesn't mean you have to interact with it at all if you choose not too.
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Delta5931 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Then don't play that mode till you build a inventory. It's like any other mode where new players are at a disadvantage to veteran players.
If new players need to grind lots of hours in X game modes in order to be on an even playing field with veteran players in Y game modes, then I think it's still fair to say Y game modes aren't exactly friendly to new players, compared to X game modes in which new players start on an even playing field with veteran players. In that respect, it's not like any other game mode where new players are at a disadvantage to veteran players. Remember I'm only talking about req arsenals, not skill or map knowledge.
Why does everything have to be fair? Is it really that bad that players have to actually play the game to get stuff in it? That players have to work their way up. Granted it sucks that it's RNG for their stuff but it's really not that hard to grind out points for packs.
It's not fun when you're being wiped across the floor because your opponent got lucky in a Daily Pack and unlocked a SPNKr Prime, and all you got was a plasma pistol.
It creates a hideous imbalance, and new players don't want to play it. I speak from experience, as I got into Warzone, and immediately got destroyed by the other team and their high level vehicles and weapons, and I had little to nothing to counter them with. I swore off Warzone that day, and I will never go back.
Grinding out points is easy. If you're doing well and you win. That's the kicker. In Warzone, it's nigh on impossible to do well as a level 0. You've got to play for hours upon hours to be able to go toe to toe with the big boys, and by that time, you've probably stopped playing and moved on to another game.
Warzone isn't about balance though. If you want balance gameplay play arena. If you had a plasma pistol why didn't you use some cover and noob combo them and then take their spknr prime?
There is a difference between pure balance and having an equal playing field. Arena is balanced because, in most playlists, all players from the get-go are on equal terms. It is player/team skill that gives one side an edge over another.

Warzone by nature isn't exactly balanced, where your performance during a match gets you to higher REQ levels faster, thus giving you access to better gear sooner. The problem isn't that someone got to REQ level 6 faster and is now out-ranging you from across the map with a DMR. The problem is that someone can go on a spree with a Prophet's Bane that they got from a $10 microtransaction pack.

And, sure, maybe if I spend a few hundred bucks on the loot boxes or grind multiple millions of REQ Points, I too can have a chance at a Prophet's Bane certification. A chance. An RNG chance. I shouldn't have to grind millions of points or spend more money for an advantage in a fun game mode. And before you say "Then don't play Warzone.", I bought this game, and I'm going to play whichever mode I damn-well please. Though I should never be put at a disadvantage against another player because even though we both bought the game, they either bought more or got lucky with RNG.

Warzone could be unbalanced, but an equal playing field, if all players had access to all requisitions. No more one-time-use -Yoink- out of -Yoink- loot boxes. That way, not only would players/teams with higher skill have an edge and get more REQs faster, but any player could turn the tide by using any REQ they have access to. Not just the ones with better RNG luck, or more money to spend.
Actually yes it is valid to say don't play warzone if you aren't willing to grind out points for pack or pay money for them. It isn't that hard to grind out the points you need to unlock everything. Especially if you use the silver to gold method and take advantage of all the free packs available. To me it makes no difference how some one got their reqs. They still fought their way to that particular req level to use them. With the exception of turbo which is awesome fun to me.
Actually yes you can progress in game without playing warzone. You can get all the same stuff unlocked by playing arena for points. It makes no difference. You gain RP and XP in arena. Again if you want skill and balanced play... Play arena. Warzone is about knowing what reqs to use to counter. Why would you try and counter a nornfang with a regular sniper rifle? I guess you could if you took a different position. But it's best to use active camo and sneak up on them or use a banshee ultra and just bomb them.
I think you missed my point. Yes, you can progress in the game without playing Warzone, but general progression is linked directly to the loot box store, which heavily promotes Warzone, which the game and loot box microtransaction system is built around. Someone can play exclusively Arena and be fine, but they'll still have to go through the cash store to open their progression rewards and buy to more loot boxes with their REQ points.

The Nornfang vs Sniper is just an example, no need to dissect it as if it will delegitimize my argument. The fact remains that Player A can pay their way to a distinctive in-game advantage over Player B. Or Player C can win the RNG REQ Pack lottery and get a SPNKr Prime certification early on, and can rack up a massive stock over time that not many others can compete with. Or are those arguments also subject to be picked apart because there's a way to "counter" it?

Will I let the pay-for-power system of Warzone deter me from playing it? No. I bought the game, so I'm going to play all the game has to offer. Especially when that mode is the central focus-point of the game. And you know what? I enjoy Warzone because I find the unbalanced nature of it to be fun. Unbalance can still work if it is on an equal/fair playing field, but it doesn't work when it's on an unequal/unfair paying field.
So you don't like how if you don't use boost or jackpots you will have to play longer to progress? Nothing wrong with that if you ask me as it still doesn't mean you have to interact with it at all if you choose not too.
So, because I mention the boosters, you think I don't like them. Don't twist my words/logic. I mention them because they are factors that contribute to progress, and are only found in loot boxes.

And yes, I suppose you could go all the way up to SR152 only in Arena without opening a single loot box, but in doing so, you would be ignoring all chances for boosts, chances to roll the loot box slot machine for some cosmetics, and gear for Warzone. One would have to intentionally ignore the reward loot boxes for the entirety of their multiplayer experience to fit your argument.

And, there's my post limit for today. Damn.
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Delta5931 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Then don't play that mode till you build a inventory. It's like any other mode where new players are at a disadvantage to veteran players.
If new players need to grind lots of hours in X game modes in order to be on an even playing field with veteran players in Y game modes, then I think it's still fair to say Y game modes aren't exactly friendly to new players, compared to X game modes in which new players start on an even playing field with veteran players. In that respect, it's not like any other game mode where new players are at a disadvantage to veteran players. Remember I'm only talking about req arsenals, not skill or map knowledge.
Why does everything have to be fair? Is it really that bad that players have to actually play the game to get stuff in it? That players have to work their way up. Granted it sucks that it's RNG for their stuff but it's really not that hard to grind out points for packs.
It's not fun when you're being wiped across the floor because your opponent got lucky in a Daily Pack and unlocked a SPNKr Prime, and all you got was a plasma pistol.
It creates a hideous imbalance, and new players don't want to play it. I speak from experience, as I got into Warzone, and immediately got destroyed by the other team and their high level vehicles and weapons, and I had little to nothing to counter them with. I swore off Warzone that day, and I will never go back.
Grinding out points is easy. If you're doing well and you win. That's the kicker. In Warzone, it's nigh on impossible to do well as a level 0. You've got to play for hours upon hours to be able to go toe to toe with the big boys, and by that time, you've probably stopped playing and moved on to another game.
Warzone isn't about balance though. If you want balance gameplay play arena. If you had a plasma pistol why didn't you use some cover and noob combo them and then take their spknr prime?
There is a difference between pure balance and having an equal playing field. Arena is balanced because, in most playlists, all players from the get-go are on equal terms. It is player/team skill that gives one side an edge over another.

Warzone by nature isn't exactly balanced, where your performance during a match gets you to higher REQ levels faster, thus giving you access to better gear sooner. The problem isn't that someone got to REQ level 6 faster and is now out-ranging you from across the map with a DMR. The problem is that someone can go on a spree with a Prophet's Bane that they got from a $10 microtransaction pack.

And, sure, maybe if I spend a few hundred bucks on the loot boxes or grind multiple millions of REQ Points, I too can have a chance at a Prophet's Bane certification. A chance. An RNG chance. I shouldn't have to grind millions of points or spend more money for an advantage in a fun game mode. And before you say "Then don't play Warzone.", I bought this game, and I'm going to play whichever mode I damn-well please. Though I should never be put at a disadvantage against another player because even though we both bought the game, they either bought more or got lucky with RNG.

Warzone could be unbalanced, but an equal playing field, if all players had access to all requisitions. No more one-time-use -Yoink- out of -Yoink- loot boxes. That way, not only would players/teams with higher skill have an edge and get more REQs faster, but any player could turn the tide by using any REQ they have access to. Not just the ones with better RNG luck, or more money to spend.
Actually yes it is valid to say don't play warzone if you aren't willing to grind out points for pack or pay money for them. It isn't that hard to grind out the points you need to unlock everything. Especially if you use the silver to gold method and take advantage of all the free packs available. To me it makes no difference how some one got their reqs. They still fought their way to that particular req level to use them. With the exception of turbo which is awesome fun to me.
Actually yes you can progress in game without playing warzone. You can get all the same stuff unlocked by playing arena for points. It makes no difference. You gain RP and XP in arena. Again if you want skill and balanced play... Play arena. Warzone is about knowing what reqs to use to counter. Why would you try and counter a nornfang with a regular sniper rifle? I guess you could if you took a different position. But it's best to use active camo and sneak up on them or use a banshee ultra and just bomb them.
I think you missed my point. Yes, you can progress in the game without playing Warzone, but general progression is linked directly to the loot box store, which heavily promotes Warzone, which the game and loot box microtransaction system is built around. Someone can play exclusively Arena and be fine, but they'll still have to go through the cash store to open their progression rewards and buy to more loot boxes with their REQ points.

The Nornfang vs Sniper is just an example, no need to dissect it as if it will delegitimize my argument. The fact remains that Player A can pay their way to a distinctive in-game advantage over Player B. Or Player C can win the RNG REQ Pack lottery and get a SPNKr Prime certification early on, and can rack up a massive stock over time that not many others can compete with. Or are those arguments also subject to be picked apart because there's a way to "counter" it?

Will I let the pay-for-power system of Warzone deter me from playing it? No. I bought the game, so I'm going to play all the game has to offer. Especially when that mode is the central focus-point of the game. And you know what? I enjoy Warzone because I find the unbalanced nature of it to be fun. Unbalance can still work if it is on an equal/fair playing field, but it doesn't work when it's on an unequal/unfair paying field.
So you don't like how if you don't use boost or jackpots you will have to play longer to progress? Nothing wrong with that if you ask me as it still doesn't mean you have to interact with it at all if you choose not too.
So, because I mention the boosters, you think I don't like them. Don't twist my words/logic. I mention them because they are factors that contribute to progress, and are only found in loot boxes.

And yes, I suppose you could go all the way up to SR152 only in Arena without opening a single loot box, but in doing so, you would be ignoring all chances for boosts, chances to roll the loot box slot machine for some cosmetics, and gear for Warzone. One would have to intentionally ignore the reward loot boxes for the entirety of their multiplayer experience to fit your argument.
The point being is you don't have to use them if you don't want to. Sure you will still have to open packs to get cosmetics if you want them but you don't have to use anything from packs if you choose. You seemed to be trying to say you HAVE to use stuff from packs to progress which you don't.
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Delta5931 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Then don't play that mode till you build a inventory. It's like any other mode where new players are at a disadvantage to veteran players.
If new players need to grind lots of hours in X game modes in order to be on an even playing field with veteran players in Y game modes, then I think it's still fair to say Y game modes aren't exactly friendly to new players, compared to X game modes in which new players start on an even playing field with veteran players. In that respect, it's not like any other game mode where new players are at a disadvantage to veteran players. Remember I'm only talking about req arsenals, not skill or map knowledge.
Why does everything have to be fair? Is it really that bad that players have to actually play the game to get stuff in it? That players have to work their way up. Granted it sucks that it's RNG for their stuff but it's really not that hard to grind out points for packs.
It's not fun when you're being wiped across the floor because your opponent got lucky in a Daily Pack and unlocked a SPNKr Prime, and all you got was a plasma pistol.
It creates a hideous imbalance, and new players don't want to play it. I speak from experience, as I got into Warzone, and immediately got destroyed by the other team and their high level vehicles and weapons, and I had little to nothing to counter them with. I swore off Warzone that day, and I will never go back.
Grinding out points is easy. If you're doing well and you win. That's the kicker. In Warzone, it's nigh on impossible to do well as a level 0. You've got to play for hours upon hours to be able to go toe to toe with the big boys, and by that time, you've probably stopped playing and moved on to another game.
Warzone isn't about balance though. If you want balance gameplay play arena. If you had a plasma pistol why didn't you use some cover and noob combo them and then take their spknr prime?
There is a difference between pure balance and having an equal playing field. Arena is balanced because, in most playlists, all players from the get-go are on equal terms. It is player/team skill that gives one side an edge over another.

Warzone by nature isn't exactly balanced, where your performance during a match gets you to higher REQ levels faster, thus giving you access to better gear sooner. The problem isn't that someone got to REQ level 6 faster and is now out-ranging you from across the map with a DMR. The problem is that someone can go on a spree with a Prophet's Bane that they got from a $10 microtransaction pack.

And, sure, maybe if I spend a few hundred bucks on the loot boxes or grind multiple millions of REQ Points, I too can have a chance at a Prophet's Bane certification. A chance. An RNG chance. I shouldn't have to grind millions of points or spend more money for an advantage in a fun game mode. And before you say "Then don't play Warzone.", I bought this game, and I'm going to play whichever mode I damn-well please. Though I should never be put at a disadvantage against another player because even though we both bought the game, they either bought more or got lucky with RNG.

Warzone could be unbalanced, but an equal playing field, if all players had access to all requisitions. No more one-time-use -Yoink- out of -Yoink- loot boxes. That way, not only would players/teams with higher skill have an edge and get more REQs faster, but any player could turn the tide by using any REQ they have access to. Not just the ones with better RNG luck, or more money to spend.
Actually yes it is valid to say don't play warzone if you aren't willing to grind out points for pack or pay money for them. It isn't that hard to grind out the points you need to unlock everything. Especially if you use the silver to gold method and take advantage of all the free packs available. To me it makes no difference how some one got their reqs. They still fought their way to that particular req level to use them. With the exception of turbo which is awesome fun to me.
Actually yes you can progress in game without playing warzone. You can get all the same stuff unlocked by playing arena for points. It makes no difference. You gain RP and XP in arena. Again if you want skill and balanced play... Play arena. Warzone is about knowing what reqs to use to counter. Why would you try and counter a nornfang with a regular sniper rifle? I guess you could if you took a different position. But it's best to use active camo and sneak up on them or use a banshee ultra and just bomb them.
I think you missed my point. Yes, you can progress in the game without playing Warzone, but general progression is linked directly to the loot box store, which heavily promotes Warzone, which the game and loot box microtransaction system is built around. Someone can play exclusively Arena and be fine, but they'll still have to go through the cash store to open their progression rewards and buy to more loot boxes with their REQ points.

The Nornfang vs Sniper is just an example, no need to dissect it as if it will delegitimize my argument. The fact remains that Player A can pay their way to a distinctive in-game advantage over Player B. Or Player C can win the RNG REQ Pack lottery and get a SPNKr Prime certification early on, and can rack up a massive stock over time that not many others can compete with. Or are those arguments also subject to be picked apart because there's a way to "counter" it?

Will I let the pay-for-power system of Warzone deter me from playing it? No. I bought the game, so I'm going to play all the game has to offer. Especially when that mode is the central focus-point of the game. And you know what? I enjoy Warzone because I find the unbalanced nature of it to be fun. Unbalance can still work if it is on an equal/fair playing field, but it doesn't work when it's on an unequal/unfair paying field.
The point being is you don't have to use them if you don't want to. Sure you will still have to open packs to get cosmetics if you want them but you don't have to use anything from packs if you choose. You seemed to be trying to say you HAVE to use stuff from packs to progress which you don't.
Now that I can post again, I wasn't saying you absolutely have to. For a regular player to progress normally, it involves consistent trips to the loot box store. If you were to go out of your way to ignore the promotion packs, commendation packs, etc. then you are intentionally handicapping yourself because you would be missing out on the XP boosters.

You're using the anecdotal logical fallacy, where you're using an isolated example to validate a point.

Yes, you can hit 152 without even looting at a loot box, but doing so would be intentional and detrimental, and thus unrealistic.
Finally, here are the results to my big 'Halo MTX/lootbox survey' with more than 500 respondents!

How do Halo players really feel about MTX? => link to results @reddit
Finally, here are the results to my big 'Halo MTX/lootbox survey' with more than 500 respondents!

How do Halo players really feel about MTX? => link to results @reddit
Thanks for doing this. The results were about what I expected.
I think a progression system of armor unlocks and other things like how halo reach did it is more satisfying and shows you much time you actually put into the game rather than the req system, but other than that I don't really have a problem with the req system. Halo 5 definitely does it better than a lot of other games.
LilCam212 wrote:
I think a progression system of armor unlocks and other things like how halo reach did it is more satisfying and shows you much time you actually put into the game rather than the req system, but other than that I don't really have a problem with the req system. Halo 5 definitely does it better than a lot of other games.
I do have a problem. The biggest offense being hiding loadout weapons behind these packs for warzone. Especially the h2br. It’s gotten rediculously good since the sandbox change, yet it’s a legendary weapon so newer people likely won’t get until they get to the high 80’s, unless they’re lucky. This is similar to why I dropped hw2.
LilCam212 wrote:
I think a progression system of armor unlocks and other things like how halo reach did it is more satisfying and shows you much time you actually put into the game rather than the req system, but other than that I don't really have a problem with the req system. Halo 5 definitely does it better than a lot of other games.
I do have a problem. The biggest offense being hiding loadout weapons behind these packs for warzone. Especially the h2br. It’s gotten rediculously good since the sandbox change, yet it’s a legendary weapon so newer people likely won’t get until they get to the high 80’s, unless they’re lucky. This is similar to why I dropped hw2.
Yeah, I see your point. I wasn't really thinking in terms of the weapons when I wrote my response, just the armor but I totally agree with you on that. Hopefully 343 does ditch the req system all together. I feel like most the community would really appreciate that lol.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. ...
  6. 15