Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] REQ System | Unlocking Everything

OP Ideal Logic

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I AM REFINING MY WORK IN A NEW THREAD | ALL LINKS AND INFORMATION HERE ARE NO LONGER WORKING OR ACCURATE

I have taken the time to completely dissect the REQ system to figured out numerous things about it. I have even compiled a Google Spreadsheet with the information
provided below.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10EMapsFgbyzTVJHyE4vV9JS6IBLlhrnuzBC7fWlit_Q/edit?usp=sharing

Through my, research which is based off of official information provided in-game and 343 Industries (with the exception of exclusive content which was taken from Potts' forum post at the bottom of this post in the sources), I can calculate how many REQ points need to be aquired to unlock everything, how many games you have to play, how much time you have to spent.

In fact, in a best case scenario where you buy Bronze REQ packs to unlock all Common items, Silver REQ packs to unlock all Uncommon and Rare items, and Gold REQ Packs to unlock all Ultra Rare and Legendary items, it would take...
...2,808,750 REQ Points or $899.24 to buy all the REQ Packs you need.
...about 1405 Warzone games or 2809 Arena games to get enough REQ points.
...about 515.2 hours spent in Warzone to earn enough REQ Points (this doesn't even include time spent loading, connecting, searching, or intermissions).
And that's just best case scenario.

Personally, I think 343 Industries and/or Microsoft are being a bit greedy since I know a lot of hardcore gamers who don't even put in that much time and/or money into any game. Heck I've played hundreds of games and I've only poured +500 hours into about 3 games. But hey, that's just my opinion on them for implementing this system, it doesn't make me right or wrong. If you think it's a great idea, good for you, embrace it. I still think Halo 5 is a great game, I just think this was a bad idea for it.

Anyways, if you came here looking for an idea of how to spend you money or REQ points, I'd either go and buy Silver until I stop getting Permanent REQ cards, then Gold, or I'd get Bronze before Silver and Gold until I got all Common permanent REQ cards.

Sources:
Promotional REQ Packs: A (Hopefully) Complete List by Potts - https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/promotional-req-packs-a-hopefully-complete-list/2efe19cc-c76e-4577-ada9-8154f1e40f4c/posts?page=1
Warzone Q&A for Halo 5: Guardians by 343 Industries - https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-community-update-6-26-15 by 343 Industries
Building Your REQ Collection: Part 2 by 343 Industries - https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-5-guardians-building-your-req-collection-part-2

I'm actually curious, after reviewing my research what do you think of the REQ system? Is it fair or unfair? Refreshing or annoying? Just know I don't want anyone blindly blurting out false facts or insulting language about anything. There is a difference in constructive criticism and complaining.
Do these numbers account for commendations, levelling up and using boosts? Selling Req Cards to reclaim points?
Do these numbers account for commendations, levelling up and using boosts? Selling Req Cards to reclaim points?
No. Though most commendations don't usually have permenant REQ cards from what I can recall. Plus, to calculate in boosts and selling non-permanent REq cards would be practically impossible.
And they are already adding 20+ new reqs later this month. And more to come later...if your stats are true this is overwhelming and ridiculous...and it's only going to get worse.
I don't like it. I just hope they don't carry it over to halo 6
And they are already adding 20+ new reqs later this month. And more to come later...if your stats are true this is overwhelming and ridiculous...and it's only going to get worse.
I will also be updating this list whenever I have the time to when they add new REQs, especially since most of the values in the Spreadsheat are automatically updated from core values, making the process easier for me.
Im a casual player, as long as i have fun
Earning every piece of equipment isnt killing me
But consider this, the one item you want more than anything has the potential of being the last item you ever unlock. Meaning you, as a casual player, will never get what you want from the REQ system.
Does this even account for Leveling up, Boosts, and selling REQ cards? Until it does this won't be accurate at all.
But consider this, the one item you want more than anything has the potential of being the last item you ever unlock. Meaning you, as a casual player, will never get what you want from the REQ system.
This is what I don't like. I could care less if I unlock 175+ variants of armor and helmets, or even less so, a few hundred emblems. I would however like to unlock at least the basic load out weapons (I'm looking at you, DMR.)
Does this even account for Leveling up, Boosts, and selling REQ cards? Until it does this won't be accurate at all.
I already said it doesn't. Calculating Leveling, Boosts, and selling REQ cards is practically impossible. But you have swayed me to attempt calculating selling cards. Plus, level up packs don't come with permanent REQs.
I did get an emblem in my rank 50 pack...can't remember which emblem though. So I do think it happens, just rarely.
It is a nice idea to calculate how many REQ points are required to unlock everything...however through no fault of your own, your assumptions are incorrect. I have unlocked every common and uncommon and I can tell you for a fact that the unlocking is not performed as expected. For example, one would think that if you have all common and uncommon certs unlocked that buying a silver req pack would "force" the rng to give you rares right? Not the case. If said silver req pack "rolled" a cert category that you have already filled out, then it will provide you with a 1,500 rp card.

I have gotten silvers that provide (2) 1,500 rp cards and no perms, even though I had a few loadout uncommons locked and plenty of loadout rares locked. Even more strange, one silver pack gave me a Legendary Cert (Oni Gauss Turret) along with a 1,500 rp card. Silvers are not supposed to provide anything higher than rares.

In conclusion, there is no way to accurately calculate how many points it will take to unlock everything. We can conclude however that it will take a long time...and I am glad it is so. I'm old enough to be part of a generation that knew nothing of "participation trophies" and "everyone's a winner" philosophy. I enjoy a challenge and welcome the reward that I get from putting in the time to unlock everything. Unlike other games, this is not a boring grind of repetitive farming (*cough* DESTINY *cough*) but rather a byproduct of normal play. Kudos to 343 for putting in such a demanding, yet balanced, progression system.

For those of you that have read this far, I will give you some advice on how to most efficiently unlock the req system. Skip Bronze packs if you're trying to get certs. They only give you a CHANCE at ONE perm cert (around %50 by my estimate). Buy silvers until you unlock enough that they start to give you 1,500 rp cards. Then buy golds. Bronze packs are really only good for refilling your good commons (carbine, saw, plasma pistol, suppressor, and storm rifle).

Cheers, see you on the battlefield with my Oni Gauss Turret lol. (just kidding...you will never find me lumbering around carrying that bright "kill me" sign).
Quote:
Personally, I think 343 Industries and/or Microsoft are being a bit greedy since I know a lot of hardcore gamers who don't even put in that much time and/or money into any game.
Clearly, we know different levels of hardcore. And there has to be a way to create want. Again, it's clear to see, there is much wanting.
It is a nice idea to calculate how many REQ points are required to unlock everything...however through no fault of your own, your assumptions are incorrect. I have unlocked every common and uncommon and I can tell you for a fact that the unlocking is not performed as expected. For example, one would think that if you have all common and uncommon certs unlocked that buying a silver req pack would "force" the rng to give you rares right? Not the case. If said silver req pack "rolled" a cert category that you have already filled out, then it will provide you with a 1,500 rp card.

I have gotten silvers that provide (2) 1,500 rp cards and no perms, even though I had a few loadout uncommons locked and plenty of loadout rares locked. Even more strange, one silver pack gave me a Legendary Cert (Oni Gauss Turret) along with a 1,500 rp card. Silvers are not supposed to provide anything higher than rares.

In conclusion, there is no way to accurately calculate how many points it will take to unlock everything. We can conclude however that it will take a long time...and I am glad it is so. I'm old enough to be part of a generation that knew nothing of "participation trophies" and "everyone's a winner" philosophy. I enjoy a challenge and welcome the reward that I get from putting in the time to unlock everything. Unlike other games, this is not a boring grind of repetitive farming (*cough* DESTINY *cough*) but rather a byproduct of normal play. Kudos to 343 for putting in such a demanding, yet balanced, progression system.

For those of you that have read this far, I will give you some advice on how to most efficiently unlock the req system. Skip Bronze packs if you're trying to get certs. They only give you a CHANCE at ONE perm cert (around %50 by my estimate). Buy silvers until you unlock enough that they start to give you 1,500 rp cards. Then buy golds. Bronze packs are really only good for refilling your good commons (carbine, saw, plasma pistol, suppressor, and storm rifle).

Cheers, see you on the battlefield with my Oni Gauss Turret lol. (just kidding...you will never find me lumbering around carrying that bright "kill me" sign).
I want to restate that these calculations are based off best case scenarios. It assumes you always get 1 permanent REQ card on every Bronze pack, and 2 permanent REQ cards on every Silver and Gold pack.
Does this take into account the 14 Warzone REQ packs? Because they also give permanent REQs
im sure they are gonna have double RP boosts at some point
There is alot of *Bleep* in the gold REQs but not in a good way. I liked the way Halo: Reach let you use your points to get what you want.
Same here.
lluerdna wrote:
Does this take into account the 14 Warzone REQ packs? Because they also give permanent REQs
I did include a method of purchasing enough Warzone REQ Bundles to unlock all Uncommon to Legendary items and how much it would cost. I should probably add up all the time it takes to wait for it all though.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2