1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
The promethean pistol is the worse req ahah
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Have to go with the river of light; I can get a kill or two with it, but I'd much rather have the baseline incin cannon or the Heartseeker.
Plasma Rifle has got to be the worst. Kill one Spartan then have to switch weapons. Over heats so fast it's useless.
Blizer wrote:
I use that when I'm inebriated and need some assistance landing shots lol
Have to go with the river of light; I can get a kill or two with it, but I'd much rather have the baseline incin cannon or the Heartseeker.
It definitely seems to be out of order, like the rail guns. Sure I can get kills with the Arclight but I'd prefer a Whiplash any day of the week.

Worst req... Let's see... I'd have to agree with LethalQ and Exenius by going with the Plasma turret, with a followup award to the Incans. The Incans are basically rocket launchers you have to charge and are outclassed by other REQ weapons at their level.

Honorable mention to Carbine. I just can't consistently get kills with the H5 Carbine- I prefer the magnum.
Blizer wrote:
It definitely seems to be out of order, like the rail guns. Sure I can get kills with the Arclight but I'd prefer a Whiplash any day of the week.

Worst req... Let's see... I'd have to agree with LethalQ and Exenius by going with the Plasma turret, with a followup award to the Incans. The Incans are basically rocket launchers you have to charge and are outclassed by other REQ weapons at their level.

Honorable mention to Carbine. I just can't consistently get kills with the H5 Carbine- I prefer the magnum.
I like the arclight, better than the whiplash. I can hold the charge indefinitely and it seems to pack a bit more punch/be a bit more forgiving. It's my preferred method of taking down air vehicles.

The incineration cannons are a bit different than rockets. I think the aoe is larger and you don't have to score a direct hit to take someone jumping out of the sky.

Pre-update the trick with the carbine was just to spam the trigger as quick as you can. I haven't had the chance to play with it since the update to see if it's less useful now.

The plasma turret is pretty useless....
Blizer wrote:

I like the arclight, better than the whiplash. I can hold the charge indefinitely and it seems to pack a bit more punch/be a bit more forgiving. It's my preferred method of taking down air vehicles.

The incineration cannons are a bit different than rockets. I think the aoe is larger and you don't have to score a direct hit to take someone jumping out of the sky.

Pre-update the trick with the carbine was just to spam the trigger as quick as you can. I haven't had the chance to play with it since the update to see if it's less useful now.

I've always thought the Whiplash was more forgiving, and I attributed that to the "proximity airburst fuses" which I think make the projectile explode when it's near a target. While the Arclight packs more punch/shot I have found two Whiplash shots to be more effective, and generally not much more difficult to land. The followup shot is fast enough that pilots and drivers don't have much time to react to the first one.

I understand the difference between Incans and rockets, but thanks for sharing. I stand by my assessment that they are outclassed by other options at their req level.

I'm not sure what it is about the Carbine but I can't hit -Yoink- with it. It has always felt like the aim assist of the new DMR but the scope of the magnum with the recoil of an SMG. I just can't make it kill faster than a stock magnum so I've given up after these 2 years.
Blizer wrote:

I've always thought the Whiplash was more forgiving, and I attributed that to the "proximity airburst fuses" which I think make the projectile explode when it's near a target. While the Arclight packs more punch/shot I have found two Whiplash shots to be more effective, and generally not much more difficult to land. The followup shot is fast enough that pilots and drivers don't have much time to react to the first one.

I understand the difference between Incans and rockets, but thanks for sharing. I stand by my assessment that they are outclassed by other options at their req level.

I'm not sure what it is about the Carbine but I can't hit -Yoink- with it. It has always felt like the aim assist of the new DMR but the scope of the magnum with the recoil of an SMG. I just can't make it kill faster than a stock magnum so I've given up after these 2 years.
Just a matter of preference then. Not really a big deal. I don't think there is a way to classify the reqs in terms of usefulness to the cost, because of the difference in play styles. It all just falls to opinion.I hate getting the river of light, but I'm sure it is a favorite for some cat out there.
Plasma turrets PERIOD. They are horrible, and i've died so many times using them.
BadDogg55 wrote:
Plasma Rifle has got to be the worst. Kill one Spartan then have to switch weapons. Over heats so fast it's useless.
I agree, they need to increase the time it takes to overheat.
I guess the Mongoose. It's only good for transportation (as it's always been) and that's it. At least 343i added weapons to it (Gungoose) which makes it a little more useful.
I guess the Mongoose. It's only good for transportation (as it's always been) and that's it. At least 343i added weapons to it (Gungoose) which makes it a little more useful.
Yes but the weapons barely help score any kills with the mongeese.
For standard warzone I'd say plasma turret for weapon and standard goose for vehicle.

Turret just can't swing it versus anything for damage/overheat ratio. To even to try to effectively use it i find it best to get into a defensive position and that's a nightmare trying to drag it to the middle base early game. Even if you make It to a nice spot a grenade from anyone who just picked up the game will make life hard.

Goose is outclassed pretty much every way by the scout hogs... more protection, solid spatters, same cost, speeds really negligible.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2