Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Returning to Halo 5 & Skill gap

OP Ferocity Rx

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Back in 2016 I was on the Halo 5 grind, I would play regularly (wz & arena), usually placed onyx, sometimes got into champ and I would match all champion players for FFA placement games (the struggle was real).

I ended up selling my xbox before the summer of 2016 and haven't played it since. A few weeks ago I ended up getting an xbox out of boredom and oh boy... how times have changed.

The game is a lot less populated which is not too suprising but what did catch my eye was that I was getting 5 shot by everyone and their dogs. So here I am trying to get back into the game and diamond players which I would run circles around 3 years ago are destroying me.

I have definitely gotten worse from not playing as long as I did, but has the average H5 player gotten better? On top of that most players seem to have better situational awareness and I keep getting team shot on a regular.

Anyone have similar experiences? Did you end up being better than you were before or you never made it back to that level cause the competition caught up?
There is the issue of single players being matched with full fire teams. From your description, that's the only reason I can see why it has changed, other than you being out of practice and everyone else having stuck with it.
On the contrary. Since returning to H5 , I've mostly been playing against randomly matched players. That being said, I have only played 4v4 & 2v2 playlists so I cant really say the same about big team or wz
How does one join a team if they personally dont know other people that play? Im really new and want to find people to learn with NOT to be a griefer! Is there an option to pair you with others?
How does one join a team if they personally dont know other people that play? Im really new and want to find people to learn with NOT to be a griefer! Is there an option to pair you with others?
Send people you matched with invites or messages asking if they want to play.
Back in 2016 I was on the Halo 5 grind, I would play regularly (wz & arena), usually placed onyx, sometimes got into champ and I would match all champion players for FFA placement games (the struggle was real).

I ended up selling my xbox before the summer of 2016 and haven't played it since. A few weeks ago I ended up getting an xbox out of boredom and oh boy... how times have changed.

The game is a lot less populated which is not too suprising but what did catch my eye was that I was getting 5 shot by everyone and their dogs. So here I am trying to get back into the game and diamond players which I would run circles around 3 years ago are destroying me.

I have definitely gotten worse from not playing as long as I did, but has the average H5 player gotten better? On top of that most players seem to have better situational awareness and I keep getting team shot on a regular.

Anyone have similar experiences? Did you end up being better than you were before or you never made it back to that level cause the competition caught up?
There is the issue of single players being matched with full fire teams. From your description, that's the only reason I can see why it has changed, other than you being out of practice and everyone else having stuck with it.
On the contrary. Since returning to H5 , I've mostly been playing against randomly matched players. That being said, I have only played 4v4 & 2v2 playlists so I cant really say the same about big team or wz
Then there's only one thing to do: Git gud! (I might add that I am having a hell of a time keeping up with other players myself. Don't know what it is. Some games are ok, others I just get obliterated. Just the way it is, I guess. And I was never anywhere near diamond...)

Then there's only one thing to do: Git gud! (I might add that I am having a hell of a time keeping up with other players myself. Don't know what it is. Some games are ok, others I just get obliterated. Just the way it is, I guess. And I was never anywhere near diamond...)
I am getting back into the swing of things slowly but surely, add me on xbl if you every want to practice or warm up!
I believe there are spartan companies that are still active and welcome new players, theres also an lfg section on xbl for Halo 5
I left for a minute as well. The game got boring but I’ve gotten bored of everything. The skill gap is normal as you haven’t had time to relearn everything.

I am getting back into the swing of things slowly but surely, add me on xbl if you every want to practice or warm up!
Thanks man.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2