Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] RIP - Master Chief Only In 3/15 Missions!

OP Aggie Michael

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. ...
  8. 14
Willko wrote:
Willko wrote:
One last thing.

Halo4: All chief.
Halo5: Mix. Maybe more Locke (gameplay time may not be as one sided)
Halo6: Could easily be mostly Chief again or more

Again don't forget this isn't going to be the full end of chief. Without saying much it ends in a way where Chief will be big and the term Halo(6) will bring many things to classic roots. Trust me. It sets up a very classic vibe for 6
Classic vibe? Without spoiling it, can you tell us if you mean everybody loses the ability to sprint? Do all of their thruster packs suddenly stop working? Do the helmet HUD's finally go back to what scoping used to look like?

Halo is a classic console franchise. It should play like a classic console shooter.
Please.......if you were in charge of halo it would've been cancelled at reach......
learn to adapt to new gameplay. You think the unsc wouldnt upgrade the spartan's armor?
I would rather see the series canceled than continue down this path of "modernization"
But there has to be advancements. I'm sorry but having an aiming reticle in your helmet is a must. Past halo mp sucked. Sure it was suppose to be campy. But halo 5 mp is amazing. As far as Spartan abilities that's a must too, for crying out loud you can flip a warthog. So you don't think they'd give things to show strength?
The thrusters are a no brainer in the halo universe. Sorry but I must be the only one to love 343 over bungie. People need to get off bungie's wee wee.
I was initially incensed when I heard about the mission split last week, but truthfully when I played the actual game it didn't feel that bad to me... Blue Team's missions were pretty long, and the storyline of the entire game was focused on Blue Team, it didn't functionally FEEL like I was only seeing them 20% of the time... plus, honestly, Osiris is kinda starting to grow on me a little. They're actually pretty cool.

The Chief is my favorite character but he won't be around forever, I'm okay with playing Halo games without him in them. We already did with Reach and ODST anyway.
Yeah, no one cares about Locke. We want more of John. Without the Master Chief, its just not the same. If anything, the play time should either be split 50/50 or be mostly about John.
Yer, I was pretty upset about being it
Halo =/= Master Chief
Halo is a massive universe, and whether you like it or not, it's bigger than just the Chief. Once 6 is done, it will most likely move on to a new character/group of characters (Possibly Osiris, possible someone completely new). And it should. Chief's had his run. 6 games in a series with the same main character is actually a really long time compared to most games.
Willko wrote:
Willko wrote:
One last thing.

Halo4: All chief.
Halo5: Mix. Maybe more Locke (gameplay time may not be as one sided)
Halo6: Could easily be mostly Chief again or more

Again don't forget this isn't going to be the full end of chief. Without saying much it ends in a way where Chief will be big and the term Halo(6) will bring many things to classic roots. Trust me. It sets up a very classic vibe for 6
Classic vibe? Without spoiling it, can you tell us if you mean everybody loses the ability to sprint? Do all of their thruster packs suddenly stop working? Do the helmet HUD's finally go back to what scoping used to look like?

Halo is a classic console franchise. It should play like a classic console shooter.
Please.......if you were in charge of halo it would've been cancelled at reach......
learn to adapt to new gameplay. You think the unsc wouldnt upgrade the spartan's armor?
I would rather see the series canceled than continue down this path of "modernization"
But there has to be advancements. I'm sorry but having an aiming reticle in your helmet is a must. Past halo mp sucked. Sure it was suppose to be campy. But halo 5 mp is amazing. As far as Spartan abilities that's a must too, for crying out loud you can flip a warthog. So you don't think they'd give things to show strength?
The thrusters are a no brainer in the halo universe. Sorry but I must be the only one to love 343 over bungie. People need to get off bungie's wee wee.
Or you could get off of 343's.

You say thruster packs are a no brainer, but you don't give a reason why. You say the series needs to evolve, but again, why? Why not put these features into a new franchise and leave Halo alone?
The 3/12 ratio was based solely on looking at the mission-select menu, the actual game isn't split that way.
The Osiris number is inflated by several "missions" where you just walk around and talk to people, might as well have just been cutscenes.
Blue Team's missions felt longer and meatier than most of Osiris' missions.
I wouldn't have a problem with it if Locke wasn't such a dry character
GhostPond wrote:
To be honest Masterchief has been around for too long. I like Agent Locke and does the game ratings really matter.
sadly yes
Rhydon65 wrote:
I'm totally fine with this.
this.

There is more to Halo than 1 character. It's about time the game expanded to match that of the EU presented by the books.
Yeah, no one cares about Locke. We want more of John. Without the Master Chief, its just not the same. If anything, the play time should either be split 50/50 or be mostly about John.
First of all they should dedicate Halo to the Master Chief for eternity. Mario never dies and neither should the Master Chief. Would anyone even consider a Nintendo without Mario?

A noble/Osiris, etc game every even year and a new Halo Master Chief game every odd year (15', 17', etc sounds great). They need to develop the blue team as they have not even explored that at all and it has enormous potential. I even think a MC and a separate blue team series would be amazing.
I agree 1000% . 343i knows how to do a game BUT they NEED understand halo is nothing without chief , the most epic character ever.Like u said chief made halo.And if 343i kill John on halo 6 the world will enter in a depression for ever because WE LOVE MASTER CHIEF .AND YES WE WANT HALO 30 WITH A 100000 YEARS OLD MASTER CHIEF
Makes me nervous that with the introduction of Osiris and Blue Team in Halo 5, that there isn't much room to go back in Halo 6, and the campaign will be split up again, pulling game time away from Chief.
Makes me nervous that with the introduction of Osiris and Blue Team in Halo 5, that there isn't much room to go back in Halo 6, and the campaign will be split up again, pulling game time away from Chief.
Yeahh.I think they 343i tried to do like bungie did on halo 2,but they didn t make it proportional. 343i wants to take chief out of halo,but WE DONT WANT IT.Like i said everybody loves chief,because the guy is -Yoinking!- awesome!
As long as the story continues, I don't care who I play as.
In the campaign there are 15 missions and the master chief is only playable in 3 of them! What's going on with 343? The Halo 4 movie was based entirely on Jameson Locke, the Halo Xbox One Limited Bundle featured Locke's artwork and controller and now Halo 5 is almost entirely Jameson Locke?

Perhaps 343 does not understand that the Master Chief made the game (Bungie realized that and all of their Halo games were rated in the 90s while 343's games were in the 80s in ratings). Bring the Master Chief back as the star! If you want to alternate between Master Chief and Locke every year like EA does (modern warfare and black ops) that is fine but don't kill off the the character who made the game. Someone needs the right the ship at 343 and make Halo (Master Chief) games! Or did the Halo (Master Chief) series really die when Bungie left?

Honestly, I think two series will be great (a Master Chief one and a Locke/whoever else series). Just don't mess with the Master Chief series!
The campaign was mainly about Locke hunting John, then saving him from Cortana. The ending sets up the perfect beginning for Halo 6.
Maybe they will have more content with master chief?
Halo is my favorite series. Helps reading all the books. Give games as lot more depth. Have to read comics also now. So theres almost to must media to follow just Wish they would release weekly missions or even monthly. Make game into its own series story.Getting dropped into battle was something halo ce did well. I also like the Indiana Jones feel hslo ce and 2 had
343's biggest mistake, and one I fear will ultimately kill off Halo, is when they started creating new characters and forcing them on players.
Listen if you're capable of creativity and know how to write a story that's fine. But 343 is one of the worst companies when it comes to new creations because most of their writing is bad unless they hand it over to capable hands and use the lore that is there (Halo 4) instead of handing it over to people that have no business handling it and mixing your new creations into the lore (Halo 5). For the first time in my looooong Halo life I'll wait on Halo 6 before I even consider buying it. They tricked most of us with Locke and Chief, didn't tell us you could only play 3 missions as Chief and Team Blue probably afraid it would've hurt sales. Now you alienated a larger group for the future. That's even worse.

And to people who say Halo is bigger than Chief. To most Halo gamers Chief = Halo.
It's just lightning in a bottle. One of those characters that people unanimously love. Iconic gaming character.
Without Chief, the Halo gaming franchise, will die very quickly. Unless you have a developer who is capable of making a sublime game which 343 is clearly not.
Its jus should of been more of chief......
They could of made the game alot more bigger like more missions.....or give us dlc to do the parts we missed as chief while we were locke(but i guess they didnt do much while we were playing locke jus kind of walking around)but locke is still able to meet chief at the guardian at the same time whats with that?and they should of had it more about chief vs locke in game so the trailers make sense...it was supposed to be a hunt right?
Thinking of the 1st locke live action trailer now, what if thats towards halo 6 somehow jus like the e3 2013 trailer?not proven in anyway but wouldnt that be cool to think about?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. ...
  8. 14