Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Rotational Playlists

OP xStrangesThings

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
What is the rational for the constant addition of slayer playlists? Social/Ranked is full of slayer playlists. Rotational should be used for game modes we never get to see like action sack, castle wars or even grifball. Yet we get slayer after slayer after slayer... Is there a reasoning behind this? Would love to know.
Good question. Pair that with Slayer being a gametype in Team Arena and it’s rare to find a non-Slayer match of any kind. I was pretty disappointed when they announced the removal of Action Sack since that was one of my favorite things to play. Just another reason that I’ve not seriously gone back to Halo 5 in the past 3 months or so.
Might just be an oversight with planning out the rotational playlists schedule.
With the addition of two rotational playlist; it would make more sense to me if one of them was, a slayer type game mode and the other was an objective type game mode.
Agreed. This game has too much slayer in general. There isn't really a place for someone who wants to just play objective game types in arena
I think you all hit it on the head. I especially like the idea of always having one playlist being slayer, & that leaves room for the other one to be a more chill, fun playlist (action sack, Grifball, castle wars). Aren't these forums suppose to provide feedback? yet it seems like most the time it falls on deaf ears.
I would love to see action sack or anything else that is not a slayer game type. Not this mythic shotty snipes stuff 🙄
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Might just be an oversight with planning out the rotational playlists schedule.
Do you mean they may be less focused on the rotational schedule due to most hands on deck for infinite?
I concur. It would be nice to have Capture the Flag or Assault every once in a while. Maybe Oddball. Something that doesn't focus on grabbing power weapons.
I'd certainly prefer more "action sack-ish" playlists in the rotation. Add stuff that is usually absent from Social. CTF and Oddball are awesome, but they are staples of Halo that pretty much everyone is familiar with. Remember how amazing it was when Infection came up in Halo 3's playlists? Pepperidge farm remembers.
I'd certainly prefer more "action sack-ish" playlists in the rotation. Add stuff that is usually absent from Social. CTF and Oddball are awesome, but they are staples of Halo that pretty much everyone is familiar with. Remember how amazing it was when Infection came up in Halo 3's playlists? Pepperidge farm remembers.
Yeah I used to love the double exp weekends of grifball & infection. Not sure why those didn't transition into H5. They were the best. King of the hill would be fun too.
King of the hill with random weapons would be fun I think. It's nice to have a crazy non competitive playlist every once in a while. Don't get me wrong I like to play the competitive stuff, but sometimes its nice to just enjoy a couple adult beverages and chill. lol
King of the hill with random weapons would be fun I think. It's nice to have a crazy non competitive playlist every once in a while. Don't get me wrong I like to play the competitive stuff, but sometimes its nice to just enjoy a couple adult beverages and chill. lol
Yeah I feel everything is geared towards competitive play. There really isn't any playlists I can jump into & just relax and not worry about crouch strafers everywhere lol. Quick play & core are essentially the same, they should be combined, & that frees up a spot to put action sack back permanently.
Yeah I feel everything is geared towards competitive play. There really isn't any playlists I can jump into & just relax and not worry about crouch strafers everywhere lol. Quick play & core are essentially the same, they should be combined, & that frees up a spot to put action sack back permanently.
Yeah I agree, most of the time I play core I end up getting slayer anyways.
tuhin94 wrote:
Good question. Pair that with Slayer being a gametype in Team Arena and it’s rare to find a non-Slayer match of any kind. I was pretty disappointed when they announced the removal of Action Sack since that was one of my favorite things to play. Just another reason that I’ve not seriously gone back to Halo 5 in the past 3 months or so.
It seems like action was a fan favourite since h3, yet it gets taken away. Seems so easy just to listen to the community instead of ignoring their requests. Or at least giving them some reasonable explanations.
Do you mean they may be less focused on the rotational schedule due to most hands on deck for infinite?
No, I meant more like someone didn't think about the effects of having a Slayer playlist multiple times in a row would have with some of the population. If they did, they might've changed it up a bit instead.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
No, I meant more like someone didn't think about the effects of having a Slayer playlist multiple times in a row would have with some of the population.
This is true. I think there is a good way to balance it out & please the masses. One slayer, then the other can be something like grifball, castle wars, action sack etc, & just rotate it that way. That way there is always one of each, no overlap. Seems that would please everyone. Even comments on the activity feed for Halo 5 on xbox are asking about action sack lol.
tuhin94 wrote:
It seems like action was a fan favourite since h3, yet it gets taken away. Seems so easy just to listen to the community instead of ignoring their requests. Or at least giving them some reasonable explanations.
I think they went purely by population numbers. By that measure, it’s true that Action Sack was not near the top. But, at the same time, removing it meant taking away a lot of variety from matchmaking.
I just want king of the hill
Yeah it would be best if there was always one action sack-like playlist and one regular playlist in rotation at all times. Then most of the population should be satisfied at all times.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2