Sandbox Update Wish List?

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 21
Hey folks - Happy New Year! Hope everyone's 2018 is off to a great start. As the team is coming back from the holiday one item on the agenda is digging into data to assess how the latest BR tuning is working out along with the broader sandbox tuning update that went live back in November.

To date the community has provided a near overwhelming amount of feedback both during the public tuning test and following the final release. We thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and constructive input! I've personally read almost every single forum response (still catching up after the break) and your feedback has been heard. We can't always act on every individual's input but please know that we're always listening and funneling trending topics and areas of concern to the appropriate folks on the game team.

While I can't make any promises at all around any specific work items or prioritization with the game team, as this assessment is underway there is an opportunity to raise awareness around other Halo 5 sandbox items that might potentially warrant a closer look.

So, my question to you - if you had to pick just ONE OR TWO highest priority elements in the Halo 5 sandbox that you think warrant some internal review and potential adjustment, what would you choose? Please include the ITEM (weapon, vehicle, etc..) and what you feel the ISSUE is (too OP, underpowered, not skillful, balance breaking, etc...).

Please don't feel the need to put together a detailed design doc - I'm less interested in your perceived solution to the issue(s) than just making sure that we're tracking any broad trending issues that seem to be coming up again and again across the player base. For example, one issue I've read quite a bit on is that following the last BR tuning update - the addition of recoil and the exaggerated effect it has with some scoped variants (particularly in Warzone) is causing discomfort amongst some players. This specific issue is something the sandbox team wants to take a look at addressing.

Again, no promises that some or any of the things we discuss in this thread may or may not come to fruition. But let's have a constructive conversation and help me make sure that the latest and most prevalent concerns are being raised for the right folks on the team.

Please try and keep it succinct and please don't argue or attack other players who may have a different opinion than you.

Thanks for your input!
The top priority should be to nerf the Plasma rifle. It breaks the gameplay in playlists like Slayer.
Brute plasma rifle has too much range and is too accurate. Storm rifle still kills too fast (highest time-to-kill in its weapon tier). Both overpowered.
Fix DMR(or BR) so its worth picking up on map, and make grenades do less damage instead of always do at least half shield stuff because that gives too much information and makes the nades op.
I would love to see the standard chain gun warthog NOT have a cool down. HAMMER DOWN : )
I would like to see the Carbine have the bullet spread removed because like the BR it has consistency issues. I think the range on it is fine now because before it was a little long. Here is a video showing some of the issues https://youtu.be/wfSYmLVgNz4

The DMR needs to have a faster fire rate and a bit more auto aim up close soo it doesn't feel soo weird. Make it a 3 shot beatdown like the magnum is
ske7ch wrote:
For example, one issue I've read quite a bit on is that following the last BR tuning update - the addition of recoil and the exaggerated effect it has with some scoped variants (particularly in Warzone) is causing discomfort amongst some players. This specific issue is something the sandbox team wants to take a look at addressing.
This is my biggest concern. I don’t like how the changes affect Warzone and Warzone Firefight as they are different worlds with vastly different considerations than area-style gameplay.

If you want to make these changes, offer different weapon versions as you did with the relic sword (standard BR/Arena BR, etc).
Hey ske7ch the update is good the pistol still over power things but what needs to be done is nerf the brute plasma rifle because people use it like a noob combo where they get you down one shot and either pumble you or shot you because your one shot then these a few glitches where you can get out the map on fathom and a few war zone maps
JA50N 0 wrote:
I would love to see the standard chain gun warthog NOT have a cool down. HAMMER DOWN : )
The cool down is to prevent the Warthog from being placed in a way that traps enemies at their spawn.
I WANT TO FIGHT PROPHET OF TRUTH AS WARZONE BOSS FIGHT
Sniper - Reduce magnetism as is far to forgiving still. You should feel satisfied when you land a snipe.

BR - The recent update has made it pretty useless in sandbox. People normally dont even bother picking it up anymore.
Hey ske7ch the update is good the pistol still over power things but what needs to be done is nerf the brute plasma rifle because people use it like a noob combo where they get you down one shot and either pumble you or shot you because your one shot then these a few glitches where you can get out the map on fathom and a few war zone maps
Battle of Noctus is one of those maps correct?
Remove sprint, increase movement speed and uhh nerf the hell out of the storm rifle and plasma rifle
McVeigh wrote:
Sniper - Reduce magnetism as is far to forgiving still. You should feel satisfied when you land a snipe.

BR - The recent update has made it pretty useless in sandbox. People normally dont even bother picking it up anymore.
Have you tried the latest BR that was released after the Overtime update? Because that one only has a slight vertical recoil that only interferes when shooting an enemy outside of RRR.
HCS, take the DMR out put more pistols for ammo on map. if you do another tuning update fix the dmr to a 3 shot beatdown with probs as much auto aim as current br. Make LR 3 shot beatdown as well. Make Oddball 10 second respawns and maybe to 250 win time? (ask pros for that one). Also take out a few oddball maps, and try to add some hcs remake maps like a sanc remake some pros were talking about. Also FFA Playlist, take out sword(maybe torque in general), stasis, Mercy, Torque, and empire. Take out all SMGs, Storm Rifles, and Brute Plasma Rifles(FFA and Doubles Playlist). Reduce Auto aim and Bullet Magnetism on Sniper in general. Itd be cool if the sniper was closer to Reach's sniper because it still took alot of skill but didnt require as much skill as h3's which h5 with all the movement wouldnt benefit too much from. Please NERF the AR, H5's AR was already the strongest AR in Halo, now its even more OP and more unbearable to play against in the FFA or Doubles playlist. I feel like people are shooting a saw or an smg now with the AR. Make the Relic sword only have a lunge, no sprint lunge, spartan charge, or smart link lunge. I have many friends even from the casual side that hate all those things from h5 sword. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO A TEST RUN OF HCS FFA and SOCIAL RUMBLE PIT as well. Also please test out HCS Doubles and make a social doubles playlist. Take out the ranked snipers playlist and make it a social playlist. Also fix the FFA ranking system. It takes 5 years even with 1st places against people of your rank to rank up, and then a 2nd place and you wont even go up at all. 1 6th place can literally knock you down to where you before got like 8 1st places in a row.
Thank you for asking us this question, and giving us continued hope that you are looking to further balance in the game.

The Needler tracking is a bit much. Way too easy to get a kill, and too difficult to dodge. Look at the Carbine again. The shots missed at 30 meters is a little disheartening.

Thanks again, and I look forward to seeing what others come up with.

Edit: I really wish there was the option for three. Spartan Charge is up there too. There should be some type of downside to using it.
lFi3RY wrote:
HCS, take the DMR out put more pistols for ammo on map. if you do another tuning update fix the dmr to a 3 shot beatdown with probs as much auto aim as current br. Make LR 3 shot beatdown as well. Make Oddball 10 second respawns and maybe to 250 win time? (ask pros for that one). Also take out a few oddball maps, and try to add some hcs remake maps like a sanc remake some pros were talking about. Also FFA Playlist, take out sword(maybe torque in general), stasis, and empire. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO A TEST RUN OF HCS FFA and SOCIAL RUMBLE PIT as well. Also please test out HCS Doubles. Take out the ranked snipers playlist and make it a social playlist.
ALSO reduce bullet magnetism/auto aim on the sniper PLEASE
I would like to see the Carbine have the bullet spread removed because like the BR it has consistency issues. I think the range on it is fine now because before it was a little long. Here is a video showing some of the issues https://youtu.be/wfSYmLVgNz4

The DMR needs to have a faster fire rate and a bit more auto aim up close soo it doesn't feel soo weird. Make it a 3 shot beatdown like the magnum is
The DMR is supposed to be used at long ranges not close-up.
Can someone turn off friendly fire in the Grifball playlist.
Reduce magnetism/aim assist on the sniper rifle, as it is currently too easy to use.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 21