MonGungoose used to have functionality as a quick and easy way to get around the map, faster than the average speed of a Spartan.
Then 343 added Sprint and ruined everything.
Anyway, my balance solution to this issue is a few things
For the Mongoose:
- Increase health of mongoose
- Add canopy to mongoose to make it harder for the driver to get insta killed
- Increase speed of Mongoose
The Gungoose suffers from a different, yet similar set of problems. The weapons don't make a lot of sense, as the Gungoose grenade launchers are only really good for taking down heavy vehicles, but the two heavy vehicles that the Gungoose can take down can easily turn around and blow the snot out of the Gungoose before the Gungoose makes a dent in the paint. The Gungoose also can't turn easily to make its guns effective, and it can't strafe as well as the Ghost
Ghost also heavily outclasses the Gungoose, so the two need to be put on an equal playing field.
For the Gungoose:
- Add (weak) canopy to prevent easy kills on the driver
- Remove twin grenade launchers
- Add in design of the Gungoose with the machine gun turret that replaces the back seat. Nobody ever uses the backseat on the Gungoose, so I doubt it'd be missed. The guns can turn easier than the Grenade launchers, putting it on a similar playing field to the Ghost
- Increase Gungoose speed, but not as fast as the Mongoose
- Increase health of the Gungoose a little
These changes would make the Gungoose less of a useless little toy, and more into a serious threat. Less laughable now.