2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. 17
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. ...
  9. 32
I feel like the Magnum's effectiveness and range is way too overpowered. Most games I play players only use Pistols and because of their long range effectiveness they can easily kill me from the opposite sides of the map, especially on Truth. Perhaps turning the Magnum's range down by quite a lot and slightly reducing the speed you can fire the weapon. The Assault Rifle barely gets used now because of this, and even power weapons such as the BR and Carbine aren't as effective as the Pistol.
There's no need to make such a drastic change to the starting weapon. I suggest a different approach.

Make the Magnum a 4-shot kill to the head, but slow its Fire Rate so it still has the same Perfect Kill Time. It'll punish you more if you miss shots, but it'll give you a change to make 3 perfect kills with one magazine.

If we decreased its range, it would cause the same issue that SMG and AR starts had long ago; you wouldn't be able to be an asset off spawn because your gun would be awful.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
No there just needs to be good counters to the wasp which is an issue on BTB maps.
Either or would work fine. Either have a longer respawn or a better map counter, but not something that's too powerful or else the Wasp will be completely useless. Personally, I would just get rid of the Wasps, but I know people like them.
i dont give a -Yoink- if people are sprinting around corners. I just dont want them to be REWARDED for sprinting around corners. How hard is that to understand? You shouldnt have an upper hand if you're sprinting around corners like a noob. Spartan charge rewards these kinds of players.

Do you understand now? I dont think i can explain it in a simpler way so if you dont it by now i just dont think you'll grasp the concept.
I have been understanding just fine this entire time, but I think you're the one who's not starting to grasp what I was debating about. Look at your quote below which started this whole thing. You said people wouldn't sprint around the map as much if Spartan Charge was removed, but I disagreed and that's what I was debating about. Now in your latest posts, you're starting to make the focus about why SC is bad and somehow you think I'm not understanding that even though that wasn't the topic. See spoiler:
Spoiler:
Show
If that was your argument for why people won't sprint as much if SC was removed, then okay, but it doesn't seem like it to me so that's why I decided to end the discussion when I did. Like I said earlier, we'll have to agree to disagree about people sprinting less or not if SC was removed, and it also doesn't help that this thread isn't really the place to have a long debate over something silly like this.
I think it would change the game considerably. People wouldnt sprint around nearly as much being a bunch of noobs and charging you.
It says right in my quote "people wont sprint around nearly as much being a bunch of noobs AND CHARGING YOU" They wont be sprinting around CHARGING YOU if SPARTAN CHARGE isnt in the game. Is it clear now? My focus was never on sprint, but on sprinting AND CHARGING YOU.
I wouldn't say people are rewarded for spartan charging. Granted the ability is a nuisance. If you are playing 100% defensive all you have to do is shoot 3 times with the magnum and punch to kill them. There are a lot of ways into dealing with these players.
I mostly play FFA. You can't counter being spartan charged from a blindside when they don't even show up on the radar before you get hit. Also, with the poor connection that is ever so constant in H5 your melee gets deflected off of chargers all of the time. Then you get the flinch where you cant do anything and all they have to do is shoot an AR burst at you for a kill. Its completely ridiculous. Doesn't belong in Halo period.
Add the Falcon from Reach lol
If you ever do end up doing a BTB refresh, can you please fix the blast door switches on Deadlock? 95% of the time the don't even work. They're the switches inside of the bases that move a barrier over the long window and block the tunnel entrance when activated.

Edit: I originally said Dispelled, but I really meant Deadlock. Don't know why I said Dispelled.
Updated versions of some of the older BTB maps would be nice.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Beacuse the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
plis, I return the classic br
Fix the glitch/lag in some games. I have been killed a few times because of this. It just randomly puts me somewhere I was not intending to go or in front of the enemy. Please fix it
ske7ch, can I ask why we're maybe only getting one sandbox update in the future? If H6 doesn't come out until the end of 2019 which is the vibe I'm getting, that's around 2 YEARS left with this game. I hope 343 isn't just throwing H5 in the basement with a few people to maintain it and thinking it will work out until H6.

With this much time left, the playlists really need some kind of overhaul, but even a little bit of a refresh will help. There should really be a thread(s) about what needs to be changed in the playlists and then work on implementing those suggestions. I think that would help keep the people who are still playing this game happy. So that's my sandbox suggestion.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
ske7ch, can I ask why we're maybe only getting one sandbox update in the future? If H6 doesn't come out until the end of 2019 which is the vibe I'm getting, that's around 2 YEARS left with this game. I hope 343 isn't just throwing H5 in the basement with a few people to maintain it and thinking it will work out until H6.

With this much time left, the playlists really need some kind of overhaul, but even a little bit of a refresh will help. There should really be a thread(s) about what needs to be changed in the playlists and then work on implementing those suggestions. I think that would help keep the people who are still playing this game happy. So that's my sandbox suggestion.
To be fair, Halo 5 has had way more updates than Halo 3, Reach and 4 combined at this point (Not that its a good thing). 343 just need to get it out there that Halo 5 is a changed game to attract the old fans back. There's so much new stuff now and its hard for players to jump back in.
Keep using the h2BR, And add CE-Magnum as a power weapon on a map. Keep up the good work, the sandbox feels great to be honest.
Grunt Goblin should be nerfed in the sandbox update. In Halo 5 Forge, add a classic vehicle. Like the specter, chopper, prowler, and revenant. Also, please remove Helioskrill from Req packs. I mean the original Helioskrill. Also, could a new sentinel beam variant be added? Like, it could be one that shoots a cobalt beam that could have an EMP or exploding effect to it. You could call it the 'Crystal of Onyx' or something like that. It'd be really awesome.
The Falcon from Halo: Reach and I know this sounds crazy but I’d fit perfectly in war zone as a team vehicle.
Hit detection and lag compensation need major revisions. The game physics, in general, have gotten out of whack with recent updates.
  • Bullets traveling through / around objects.
  • Explosions killing you through walls / barriers / etc, even when you are standing multiple feet away.
  • Hitting someone full speed, who isn't even looking in your direction, with a Ghost only to not kill them and instead have them hijack it.
  • Duels where 6+ BR shots won't take down the laggy player who is jittering, but 2-3 of their BR shots will kill you.
  • Shooting rockets, etc through players.
  • Spartan charging through players without registering the hit.
  • Melee weakly whiffing multiple times when you are literally touching the other player.
  • Ghosts / Warthogs going on ridiculous wobble / tailspins due to invisible bumps.
  • Spartans movement getting stuck on basic design elements, like slight inclines.
  • Spartan charging someone standing still and not killing them, only to have them immediately Spartan charge you back and kill you as they are flying backward.
  • Radar seeming to be the first thing to go out the window when the connection isn't perfect.
Also, there are certain power vehicles that seem to cause an overall frame rate drop on certain maps - like the Wraith on Viking in BTB, for example - which makes aiming and the controls go to crap. It doesn't happen every time, but it is fairly consistent, and seems to mainly impact the "power vehicles".

Lastly, in Warzone, how the server determines which team gets credit for an AI kill is a complete coin toss. I can't tell you how many times a game has been decided on the other team getting an AI kill credit when one guy fired a couple rounds at the very end while my team had a group of players/vehicles constantly firing on the AI. Those kills are too critical to team points to get wrong.

Adding one more that I experienced multiple times yesterday after creating this post - when players leave / join, I know it is normal for there to be a brief pause as the server recalibrates (for lack of a better word). What I've noticed lately, is it is not uncommon for gameplay / connection to degrade heavily after that activity. Ex: gameplay is okay, someone leaves, someone else joins, after one of those pauses everything feels laggy - like you are a half second behind everyone else - for the remainder of the game. I suppose lag compensation could be partially to blame if the player joining is on a poor connection, but it seems most likely there is something getting out of sync server-side as degradation seems to apply across the board.
Also, please fix theater mode.
Lastly, in Warzone, how the server determines which team gets credit for an AI kill is a complete coin toss. I can't tell you how many times a game has been decided on the other team getting an AI kill credit when one guy fired a couple rounds at the very end while my team had a group of players/vehicles constantly firing on the AI. Those kills are too critical to team points to get wrong.
Are you referring to all bosses? I haven't noticed this problem across the board, but I HAVE noticed a huge problem giving credit for wraith boss takedowns (e.g. Tankmaster Rok). You can get the last shot very clearly, yet the other team fires like 1 BR burst as his wraith is disintegrating and they get credit. It's so broken.

Other bosses though seem fine to me - if you can correctly time the last shot, you pretty reliably get credit. Are you sure you're timing the final shot correctly? It's hard on the mythic bosses... you really need to wait until the last second.
Ditch forge maps in ranked playlists. Remove h1 pistol from swat.
  1. H2 Battle Rifle (REQ Level): The Halo 2 Battle Rifle needs/should to be moved from REQ LVL 4 to 5. OR the Battle Rifle long barrel & stabilization jets need to be moved from REQ LVL 5 to 4.
  2. BR: I would like to see the Battle Rifle recoil return to "normal"/what it was before, but keep all the other current Battle Rifle changes.
Other things I would like to see:
  • Would love to see some "night time" versions of warzone maps. (Night time Stormbreak with 2 moons)
  • Forge maps with changeable or custom backgrounds/vista from their default ones.
Yes I agree with the Halo 2 battle rifle being up higher in the req list. As it is now, it is too good for the req level it's at.

• It fires more bullets than the magnum with the same red reticle range, with good precision, making it much easier to get headshots.
  • It has even more range than the magnum when scoped without comprimising it's ease of use like the sentinel or longshot scopes do.
  • It can make shields weak enough to kill with a melee in two bursts, which may be faster than than the assault rifle at full auto.
  • It has no recoil whatsoever.
  • A lot of people love to complain about the automatics being easy to use yet say nothing about this gun, which easily falls into the category of high ease of use.
  • As it stands it is roughly the equivalent of a longshot battle rifle with both jet stabilizers and long barrel equipped simultaneously. Yet it is found at a lower req level.
  • It's a weapon that is very difficult to acquire since it's a weapon that is considered legendary, which means it literally gives an advantage to players who have played longer and does not run out since it is a loadout weapon.
Please either make the other guns stronger to compete or make the H2BR only available at a higher req level. 5 or 6 will do.

I would still like to see a buff to the smg as well. As it stands it is pretty much worthless.

I also wouldn't mind a buff to shield damage for the assault rifle at the cost of health damage. This is to make damaging shields for a melee kill easier (try to keep the time to kill the same, the change needed is only subtle).

I also wouldn't an increase in base speed for all mongooses (I'm not sure about gungooses. Maybe).
  1. H2 Battle Rifle (REQ Level): The Halo 2 Battle Rifle needs/should to be moved from REQ LVL 4 to 5. OR the Battle Rifle long barrel & stabilization jets need to be moved from REQ LVL 5 to 4.
  2. BR: I would like to see the Battle Rifle recoil return to "normal"/what it was before, but keep all the other current Battle Rifle changes.
Other things I would like to see:
  • Would love to see some "night time" versions of warzone maps. (Night time Stormbreak with 2 moons)
  • Forge maps with changeable or custom backgrounds/vista from their default ones.
Yes I agree with the Halo 2 battle rifle being up higher in the req list. As it is now, it is too good for the req level it's at.

• It fires more bullets than the magnum with the same red reticle range, with good precision, making it much easier to get headshots.
  • It has even more range than the magnum when scoped without comprising it's ease of use like the sentinel or longshot scopes do.
  • It can make shields weak enough to kill with a melee in two bursts, which may be faster than than the assault rifle at full auto.
  • It has no recoil whatsoever.
  • A lot of people love to complain about the automatics being easy to use yet say nothing about this gun, which easily falls into the category of high
  • ease of use.
  • As it stands it is roughly the equivalent of a longshot battle rifle with both jet stabilizers and long barrel found at a lower req level.
  • It's a weapon that is very difficult to acquire since it's a weapon that is considered legendary, which means it literally gives an advantage to players who have played longer and does not run out since it is a loadout weapon.
Please either make the other guns stronger to compete or make the H2BR only available at a higher req level. 5 or 6 will do.

I would still like to see a buff to the smg as well. As it stands it is pretty much worthless.

I also wouldn't mind a buff to shield damage for the assault rifle at the cost of health damage. This is to make damaging shields for a melee kill easier (try to keep the time to kill the same, the change needed is only subtle).

I also wouldn't an increase in base speed for all mongooses (I'm not sure about gungooses. Maybe).
Night time maps are a little annoying in Halo 5 though since Spartans literally glow in the dark xD
RzR J3ST3R wrote:
Are you referring to all bosses? I haven't noticed this problem across the board, but I HAVE noticed a huge problem giving credit for wraith boss takedowns (e.g. Tankmaster Rok). You can get the last shot very clearly, yet the other team fires like 1 BR burst as his wraith is disintegrating and they get credit. It's so broken.

Other bosses though seem fine to me - if you can correctly time the last shot, you pretty reliably get credit. Are you sure you're timing the final shot correctly? It's hard on the mythic bosses... you really need to wait until the last second.
It's the "big" bosses - e.g. the main ones that take a lot of damage to kill. I am not sure if the server is literally using "last shot" to decide who gets credit, if it is then that is sub-optimal.

The point is to credit the team responsible for the kill. To me, if one team has multiple power weapons / vehicles hammering Warden Eternal and one player from the other team happens to sneak in at the very end and spray their SMG, then the other team w/ the SMG shouldn't get credit for the kill. That SMG spray produced negligible damage, and had a much higher likelihood of registering as the last hit given the fire frequency compared to other, more damaging weapons w/ longer fire rates.

I think there's an opportunity to include some server-side logic that has a little common sense - like consider which side is registering most of the damage for the last 20% of the AI's health, which team has "momentum" at the very end, and whether one team or the other is "last man standing".

If both teams are firing at a boss at the end then the team that had been inflicting the most damage should get the kill. If one team inflicted much of the end-damage, but all of their players were killed before the AI was, then I think the opposing team should get the kill credit since they are "last man standing".
Would be nice to have a loadout game where all loadout weapons are used only.or one with all the lower powered weapons.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. 17
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. ...
  9. 32