1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 32
BADvorak wrote:
Can someone turn off friendly fire in the Grifball playlist.
And make it so that the enemy can't camp in your spawn.
lFi3RY wrote:
lFi3RY wrote:
HCS, take the DMR out put more pistols for ammo on map. if you do another tuning update fix the dmr to a 3 shot beatdown with probs as much auto aim as current br. Make LR 3 shot beatdown as well. Make Oddball 10 second respawns and maybe to 250 win time? (ask pros for that one). Also take out a few oddball maps, and try to add some hcs remake maps like a sanc remake some pros were talking about. Also FFA Playlist, take out sword(maybe torque in general), stasis, and empire. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO A TEST RUN OF HCS FFA and SOCIAL RUMBLE PIT as well. Also please test out HCS Doubles. Take out the ranked snipers playlist and make it a social playlist.
ALSO reduce bullet magnetism/auto aim on the sniper PLEASE
Also take the plasma rifle, smg, and storm rifle out of the ffa playlist.
I feel like the Carbine and DMR should get looked at.
The Carbine is not accurate enough.

The DMR feels so unsteady at close range. It feels like I'm skipping with it all over the place and I'm not the one in control.
D M4N8 wrote:
The Carbineis not accurate enough. The DMR feels so unsteady at close range. It feels like I'm skipping with it all over the place and I'm not the one in control.
How about making it so that the Carbine'' spread only interferes a certain distance outside RRR, and the DMR is for long range not close up.
Storm rifle OP plz nerf thank (but wait until I get my commendation done for it)

Add brute shot as well plz
Please remove aim magnetism on spartan charge. Also remove spread from carbine.
The first 2-3 things are the most important, but I put the other stuff on the list just because I also think they need to be looked at.

Give the plasma rifle a little less range and bullet magnetism/aim assist. Maybe give it a stun ability like in CE. Hell, why not just give it all the characteristics it had in CE with a really low shield-break ttk, a really long armor/health ttk, and a stun ability?

Nerf the storm rifle. It’s kinda hard to differentiate it from the other autos, but I have some of my suggestions: Give the storm rifle a longer range, a longer ttk, and a slower overheat rate. Essentially making it a slightly upgraded version of the assault rifle, but the faster overheat rate balances it out. Another idea is keeping it how it is, but making the overheat rate so can’t get a kill without overheating, meaning you have to burst fire.

The plasma caster should be somewhere in between where it was before and where it is now, closer to where it was before (by before I mean like a year ago). It’s way too hard to get kills and people just walk right over it without even picking it up. Now we only really use the charge function and the “mini-grenades” are just used as a last ditch effort. Maybe I’m just bad with it, but literally everyone passes it over.

I’m not sure if the BR still has a shorter RRR range than the magnum, but if it does, that needs to be changed. Why would a magnum have a longer RRR than a rifle?

I like what you did with the BR by making it accurate but giving it recoil and I think it’d work for the carbine too. The carbine feels too inaccurate right now imo.

Because all the precision weapons were nerfed, the light rifle is very good now. I think less aim assist and bullet magnetism would help though.

The DMR is...an interesting one. I like that it’s more focused on long range, but it’s not really viable anywhere else. It should be worse in close to mid range, but not downright bad. I think the fire rate should be the same as before, but the bullet magnetism and aim assist should be toned down like my suggestion for the light rifle.

Edit: A few more things. The grenade launcher seems useless now. The way it was before seemed skillful but still very good. I believe it was also closer to the Reach version.

If abilities are involved, just remove the magnetism from Spartan Charge.
BADvorak wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
The Carbineis not accurate enough. The DMR feels so unsteady at close range. It feels like I'm skipping with it all over the place and I'm not the one in control.
How about making it so that the Carbine'' spread only interferes a certain distance outside RRR, and the DMR is for long range not close up.
No.

How about you read Ske7chs second to last paragraph and if you have something to say- post about YOUR own two items and shush.
One or two y'all, one or two! The ones that are your highest priority. Not everything under the sun.

D M4N8 wrote:
BADvorak wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
No.
How about you read Ske7chs second to last paragraph and if you have something to say- post about YOUR own two items and shush.
I believe that was about being respectful in the conversation, and he did that. Perhaps you need to go back and read it yourself. He said what I was thinking too. The DMR is meant for medium to long range. It works great in those situations.
BADvorak wrote:
JA50N 0 wrote:
I would love to see the standard chain gun warthog NOT have a cool down. HAMMER DOWN : )
The cool down is to prevent the Warthog from being placed in a way that traps enemies at their spawn.
It's too easy to take out the gunner, a lot of players won't even get in it. If your team gets spawn trapped it's because the other team is better, or maybe, get in that new warthog and come out guns blazing ; )
Two weapons to look at: Storm Rifle and the Brute Plasma Rifle.

It would also be nice if you could take a closer look at some of the BTB maps featuring the Wasp (Risen, Guillotine and Dispelled) to see if the Wasp(s) is a problem on those maps and if it has sufficient or appropriate weapon counters. Short Answer: It doesn't. I hope you also keep in mind that it's a Social playlist with a lot of uneven skill matching. Order of concern would be Dispelled, Guillotine and then Risen.
JA50N 0 wrote:
BADvorak wrote:
JA50N 0 wrote:
I would love to see the standard chain gun warthog NOT have a cool down. HAMMER DOWN : )
The cool down is to prevent the Warthog from being placed in a way that traps enemies at their spawn.
It's too easy to take out the gunner, a lot of players won't even get in it. If your team gets spawn trapped it's because the other team is better, or maybe, get in that new warthog and come out guns blazing ; )
I don't see how changing the cool down fixes the issue with taking out the gunner being to easy. I don't think it is easy for everyone though. I have seen Warthogs last a good while. I think a lot of it has to do with the driver.

LUKEPOWA wrote:
Two weapons to look at: Storm Rifle and the Brute Plasma Rifle.

It would also be nice if you could take a closer look at some of the BTB maps featuring the Wasp (Risen, Guillotine and Dispelled) to see if the Wasp(s) is a problem on those maps and if it has sufficient or appropriate weapon counters. Short answer: It doesn't. I hope you also keep in mind that it's a Social playlist with a lot of uneven skill matching.
Dangit stop trying to rain on my Wasp parade! Noooo, please don't change that Wasp. 😁
Whoops my bad...didn't mean to post back to back.
ske7ch wrote:
Hey folks - Happy New Year!
Happy new year, friend
ske7ch wrote:
So, my question to you - if you had to pick just ONE OR TWO highest priority elements in the Halo 5 sandbox that you think warrant some internal review and potential adjustment, what would you choose? Please include the ITEM (weapon, vehicle, etc..) and what you feel the ISSUE is (too OP, underpowered, not skillful, balance breaking, etc...)
What's a sandbox? Does that include req variants in Warzone, or are we just talking about arena? Because there is a massive issue with reqs that should be dealt with, if they are a part of the "sandbox":

ITEM: All req weapons
ISSUE: In Warzone Firefight, weapons are ridiculously underpowered compared to vehicles. Unlike vehicles, req weapons offer no protection from enemies, and run out of ammo long before any significant amount of damage can be dealt. It's so bad that calling in weapons in firefight is almost always a bad decision. Firefight players would like to get some use out of their req weapons, not just vehicles. Warzone Firefight is a very popular mode in Halo 5, so I think this should get some attention, too.
Spartan charge and the limited radar range still make encounters feel unfair. There isn't much you can do when someone is sprinting at you and charges you, even though you should have killed them in any case.
Greetings,
Although everyone is complaining about the Carbine’s “random” spread making it inaccurate inside its RRR and the DMR’s “clunkiness” in close range because of its RoF and major decrease in aim assist. Those two weapons could be fixed later.

However, the weapons that should be PRIORITY ONE right now is the Brute Plasma Rifle and the Storm Rifle:

Brute Plasma Rifle:
The weapon’s range and accuracy is TOO good which makes it OP (because of its fast shield breaking damage) in medium to long range.

Storm Rifle:
The weapon’s damage is too strong for its weapon tier (kills in 6 shots) especially because of its high RoF and range.

Those are my two picks and I think they should be adressed as soon as possible. (Actually, a long time ago).
DaxSeven09 wrote:
One or two y'all, one or two! The ones that are your highest priority. Not everything under the sun.

D M4N8 wrote:
BADvorak wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
No.
I believe that was about being respectful in the conversation, and he did that. Perhaps you need to go back and read it yourself. He said what I was thinking too. The DMR is meant for medium to long range. It works great in those situations.
You might be right- but that's not what I just read- again. From what it looks like- Ske7ch just wants to be able to scroll through all of the posts without having to see posts like these about people disagreeing and complaining of how each weapon SHOULD be. He's not looking for a consensus- but some general feedback- like the number of times a weapon probably gets brought up. The consensus will probably happen within 343's closed doors.

But seeing as how you two want to argue about it- then fine...

While we all know the DMR is meant for medium to long range- it shouldn't mean that the DMR should be trash at short range. You should still be able to defend yourself with whatever weapon you have at short range.
Even the Sniper feels better at close range than the DMR does- as the Sniper should.
Whenever you are handling a weapon- it shouldn't feel laggy. There's enough of that in-game with the servers.
AR - WAY too much range and too accurate. Not unique enough of a role compared to the rest of the sandbox. Need to remove headshot multipliers.

For the range I think is best, if I'm on empire and I'm standing in red window. My AR should not be able to hit anyone in Blue Yard.

Right now it's role is too similar to the sentinel beam which kinda does it better already. I'd rather see the AR be a CLOSE range bullethose than where it's at now.

Storm rifle - too much DPS for lack of skill to use. Not unique enough

Give it a unique utility like plasma stun or something which low dps

Plasma caster- revert to original functions it started the game with. It was a fantastic niche skill weapon at launch.
Add the brute weapons from halo 3 and it would be cool to have weapons from halo reach like the needle rifle, no more friendly fire in games, add more vehicles in warzone from other halo games and add some new warzone bosses plz.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 32