1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 32
All rifles just need work, except maybe the carbine if you really want to keep the random spread. Don’t enjoy the BR’s recoil especially long range. Plasma pistol really can be annoying because it’s so easy to use. The LR glitch when you can’t reload is really an annoying bug. These improvements could help competitive play, along with fixing blank shots/non-registering bullets from any gun! And blank melees... but that sounds like a different thread!
All I want is for overheating on turrets in vehicles to not exist. Scorpions, wraiths, regular warthogs. It's so infuriating to have to constantly stop yourself right before you do enough damage to get a kill and wait for it to cooldown over and over. Especially in firefight. It takes more than one full overheat of a turret to kill even a soldier or elite. And these turrets are completely useless against bosses.
ske7ch wrote:
So, my question to you - if you had to pick just ONE OR TWO highest priority elements in the Halo 5 sandbox that you think warrant some internal review and potential adjustment, what would you choose? Please include the ITEM (weapon, vehicle, etc..) and what you feel the ISSUE is (too OP, underpowered, not skillful, balance breaking, etc...).
I think one of the highest priorities in rebalancing the Halo sandbox should be to offset the massive imbalance between cost efficiency of REQ Weapons and REQ Vehicles in Warzone. As it stands, vehicles are massively undercosted simply because, while REQ weapons AND vehicles both improve a player's damage output, vehicles have two options that REQ weapons don't: They have an unlimited supply of ammo (REQ Weapons cannot restock ammo short of spending additional REQ points to re-buy the REQ item), and they give a player bonus health, in the form of the vehicle's health (Infantry cannot obtain bonus health short of investing in a REQ for Overshields, which again makes their individual cost skyrocket relative to someone who purchased one vehicle.)
Thanks for the feedback folks - keep it coming!
lFi3RY wrote:
BADvorak wrote:
Can y'all stop multiposting please? You can quote multiple people at once by hitting the quote button on each post. Or you can edit your previous post.

Thanks.
BADvorak wrote:
McVeigh wrote:
Sniper - Reduce magnetism as is far to forgiving still. You should feel satisfied when you land a snipe.

BR - The recent update has made it pretty useless in sandbox. People normally dont even bother picking it up anymore.
Have you tried the latest BR that was released after the Overtime update? Because that one only has a slight vertical recoil that only interferes when shooting an enemy outside of RRR.
Yea I have and I still dont pick it up. It just seems like the Pistol is far superior in every way.
I think one of the highest priorities in rebalancing the Halo sandbox should be to offset the massive imbalance between cost efficiency of REQ Weapons and REQ Vehicles in Warzone. As it stands, vehicles are massively undercosted simply because, while REQ weapons AND vehicles both improve a player's damage output, vehicles have two options that REQ weapons don't: They have an unlimited supply of ammo (REQ Weapons cannot restock ammo short of spending additional REQ points to re-buy the REQ item), and they give a player bonus health, in the form of the vehicle's health (Infantry cannot obtain bonus health short of investing in a REQ for Overshields, which again makes their individual cost skyrocket relative to someone who purchased one vehicle.)
Yeah, that's a glaring issue in Firefight due to the amount of enemies per round and how much more damage they can take as the rounds progress.

DaxSeven09 wrote:
Dangit stop trying to rain on my Wasp parade! Noooo, please don't change that Wasp. 😁
Heh, well you shouldn't be worried if there's nothing wrong with the Wasp. I only ask that it at least gets a closer look to determine that or not. Even adjusting some of the counter weapons on the map would be a decent fix. Sadly for me, his post kind of implied that only the trending issues would take precedence so they might not even look at it.
Whether you have the aiming button on the opponents or not bullets are having issues of hitting opponents. Grenades and melees are not registering on opponents. If you fire blindly and melee walls you hit your opponents.
Ghost melees are more frequently in the game.
MatchedBat4695 please don't double post. Familiarize yourself with the edit button and use it to add ideas to your comment.
Rebalance the Carbine. Missing within RRR vs. an unmoving target when using a precision weapon is flat out unacceptable. Especially when it can be as bad as requiring THIRTEEN shots to get the 7sk.

Just watch how awful the weapon is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfSYmLVgNz4&feature=youtu.be&t=154
Get rid of the insane inaccuracy on the carbine and counter that buff with a slightly longer ttk or something.
1) I don't see any reason to pick up a dmr or carbine (lesser extent Br) due to pistol.

2) Spartan charge too powerful head on. Wish there was a better counter (maybe time a crouch to toss them into air 😀)

3) Plasma rifle too much range.
Br, dmr and carbine are no longer worth using since the nerf. The reason why is because the magnum is too strong. I like how you guys are trying to slow Halo down a bit like the classic Halo gameplay. If you are doing this then you need to nerf magnum as well
Magnum RRR and accuracy is too high relative to BR or other shouldered rifles. Maybe shrink the crosshairs and RRR.
Alrightly Ske7ch. Here is my feedback on some issues I have with the Precision and Automatic weapons. As the weapon tuning update has yet to accomplish the goals you guys set out ( reduce or remove weapon redunancy, reign in problematic aspects, highlight the roles of each weapon, allow certain weapons to return in competitive play)

Issues with the Automatic weapons:
  • Storm Rifle and Plasma Rifle are too strong and completely overpower the AR and SMG at their roles. Both of them need to be regined in but not nerfed to the point of uselessness
  • SMG base and crit damage too low to warrant a good reason to pick it up. Accuracy is too low as well. Completely made redundant by all other Automatics and is often the loser when engaging other kinds of weapons at its own niche
  • AR still needs a couple tweaks, decreased the headshot damage, increase the base bullet damage and lower the Rof by a smig. The AR as it stands is too skewered towards finishing off an opponent with 1 or 2 headshots while it is easily bested by the magnum at its range. Headshots should be rewarded, but not at the cost of making it a bad idea to attack another user who's not carrying a Plasma Rifle, Storm Rifle, BR, Carbine etc, who's a full shields and health.
  • Wasn't the changes to the SMG and AR made to make them viable and allowable in competitive play? Except for the brief test settings with some new maps for oddball, we haven't seen how these weapons preform and their gameplay with pros
Issues with Precision weapons:
  • The Magnum is both easier to use and more effective than most of the longer ranged rifles
  • The Carbine's accuracy is a big issue with shots not hitting were they are supposed to (as seen with this recent video!)
  • The light Rifle is now a bit too strong with the other rifles nerfed
  • DMR a bit awkward up close
  • BR should be the starting weapon
Those are my concerns now
Reduce aim assist/magnetism on the sniper.

Nerf health damage on BPR and SR. They're both way, way too powerful.

The rifles in this game still don't work, but the solution is to not have them. We don't need five different mid range precision rifles in the same Halo game. We need one utility weapon and then ~maybe~ some goofy variant of it like the Carbine. For Halo 6, I really hope you guys don't make this same mistake.
Grenades need to be reverted to their old style of damage with the new radius. They already work as information gathering tools, and since the update players are rewarded with information and massive damage if they land a grenade. If hitmarkers stay then the 'just nicked' damage should be the way it works.
-Carbine bullet spread removed
-brute plasma rifle nerfed
-everything else is fine
"The Radar" And by the radar I mean there is 3 radars in this game 1. the 18m radar in most playlists, 2. the 25m in btb/warzone, and 3 the 24m in competitive which only shows people when they do certain game commands such as sprint. the inconsistency is annoying. I prefer the 25m radar that shows everything but i'm open to the others. I would like to see some consistency across the the game it almost feels like i'm playing 3 different games when i change playlists. The 25m worked in other halos in btb and with smaller mapped playlists. Also competitive obviously cant have a 25m radar that shows everything but the difference in btb 25m to slayer 18m is so annoying. I have friends who play this game only a few games a week if that and I have to explain to them the way the radar works so they don't get confused. All that rampbling aside i suggest a 25m in all playlists/gametypes that shows everything in all playlists except the "HCS" designated playlist. In the "HCS" I suggest the radar be 25m the way it is now in competivtive or no radar at all. One last feature that would be nice is if it shows in the playlist description what kind of radar you are getting in this playlist. I hope that these thoughts will be read and considered. Thanks from a lifelong Halo fan!!!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 32