2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 32
Make DMR a 3 shot melee so its a considerable weapon to pick up.

Nerf both Plasma and Storm Rifle. Plasma is too OP. Maybe lower the ROF or damage. The Storm is also too OP, too accurate and does hella damage. Maybe tune down the damage and or the ROF or accuracy

Prevent 6+ Man lobbies from splitting in Warzone (rEalLy AnNoYinG hOlY pLeAsE fIx). I think a reason for this is MMR. Please either take it out or tune it alot. We've made it clear that we dont want it.
A solo queue for warzone specially or party restriction, for every game mode. Match randoms vs randoms, and fireteam vs fireteams. Social skirmish and triple team slayer back and permanent.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Unfound wrote:
Please if possible work on making forge a bit more stable as is now there are many bugs, but I love it so much so plz plz pretty plz make it a little bit better.
What's wrong with it?
In terms of actual features nothing it is by far there best version yet, but forge likes to be really silly with how it runs, you can be making something next thing you know the group object gets telported in the hard kill boundary in the sky box as well as you so its next to impossible to retrieve or delete (not the biggest issue if your careful and pay attention to the actual location of the map your on such as avoiding the mountains on Alpine, and Glacier.) There are other issues but i'm not here to rant.
I have had this happen numerous times.
Zhxdow wrote:
Make DMR a 3 shot melee so its a considerable weapon to pick up.

Nerf both Plasma and Storm Rifle. Plasma is too OP. Maybe lower the ROF or damage. The Storm is also too OP, too accurate and does hella damage. Maybe tune down the damage and or the ROF or accuracy

Prevent 6+ Man lobbies from splitting in Warzone (rEalLy AnNoYinG hOlY pLeAsE fIx). I think a reason for this is MMR. Please either take it out or tune it alot. We've made it clear that we dont want it.
You mean team stacking, correct?
Also, I am surprised that no one has brought up the rare issue of some weapons refunding you ammo when you use them such as the standard Magnum, and I believe this might be linked to how some shots don't register.
Most important The constant freezing between matches and sometimes during. Happens in both MM & custom. This is really bad. Game needs to be constantly restarted just to play.

New or old BTB maps. Current maps are stale and personally I don’t like about half the offered maps. What happened to Estuary? There was some decent ones removed.
Precision weapons
I'd like to see the Carbine being consistent again. It doesn't make sense for me that you can miss shots even when the reticule is red.
(This video shows the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfSYmLVgNz4&feature=youtu.be&t=1m32s)
The DMR should be a 3-shot-beatdown in my opinion so it's less effective in close quarter battles. It's fine for engagements in longer ranges.

Automatic weapons
The Storm Rifle is a monster - a actual nerf would be great: reduce the time to kill or change it's role to a weapon that destroys shields relatively quickly but doesn't drain health as fast (more like the Brute Plasma Rifle).
Speaking about this gun I like the idea on giving the Brute Plasma Rifle the ability to stun your opponents (like in Halo CE). In its current state the Plasma Rifle destroys your shields too quickly especially in close and mid range.

P.S.:
The BR is in a weird state right now: it doesn't feel bad per se but I think the BR would be fine if you took the it before its nerfs and simply reduce the red reticule range and the bullet magnetism. So the problem of motion sickness for some people wouldn't be an issue anymore, too.

I hope there is some good feedback by us players you take into consideration.
Spartan charge needs a huge nerf is way too Op I play from Australia and with our delay it’s literally impossible to evade no matter what I do !
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
MIKEW9788 wrote:
Would like to see power weapons reloadable in war zone firefight
They are. You have to buy a new one to refill it but you can reload them. Unless you mean getting them instantly reloaded like loadout weapons, which is a terrible idea.
Why is that a terrible idea? We're talking about Warzone Firefight, not PvP Warzone. Having power weapons get their ammo instantly refilled at req stations is actually something I suggested earlier in the thread, as a solution to how pathetically useless they are compared to vehicles in that mode. I can't fathom why you think it's a bad idea. Care to explain? Do you think it would make weapons OP in firefight, or something? Because no, it wouldn't, by any means. It would only make them barely worth calling in. They still wouldn't offer the protection and mobility (not to mention splattering ability) that vehicles have.
Firefight's supposed to be a challenge right? You couldn't reload the power weapons you got from supply drops in Reach or off enemies in 3. Its just in keeping with the spirit of Firefight IMO.
Maybe in Heroic it could work, come to think of it. But no Mythic.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
lFi3RY wrote:
HCS, take the DMR out put more pistols for ammo on map. if you do another tuning update fix the dmr to a 3 shot beatdown with probs as much auto aim as current br. Make LR 3 shot beatdown as well. Make Oddball 10 second respawns and maybe to 250 win time? (ask pros for that one). Also take out a few oddball maps, and try to add some hcs remake maps like a sanc remake some pros were talking about. Also FFA Playlist, take out sword(maybe torque in general), stasis, Mercy, Torque, and empire. Take out all SMGs, Storm Rifles, and Brute Plasma Rifles(FFA and Doubles Playlist). Reduce Auto aim and Bullet Magnetism on Sniper in general. Itd be cool if the sniper was closer to Reach's sniper because it still took alot of skill but didnt require as much skill as h3's which h5 with all the movement wouldnt benefit too much from. Please NERF the AR, H5's AR was already the strongest AR in Halo, now its even more OP and more unbearable to play against in the FFA or Doubles playlist. I feel like people are shooting a saw or an smg now with the AR. Make the Relic sword only have a lunge, no sprint lunge, spartan charge, or smart link lunge. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO A TEST RUN OF HCS FFA and SOCIAL RUMBLE PIT as well. Also please test out HCS Doubles and make a social doubles playlist. Take out the ranked snipers playlist and make it a social playlist. Also fix the FFA ranking system. It takes 5 years even with 1st places against people of your rank to rank up, and then a 2nd place and you wont even go up at all. 1 6th place can literally knock you down to where you before got like 8 1st places in a row.
^ edited
lFi3RY wrote:
^ edited
Why repost this when you have only removed one sentence that doesn't really even change the subject of the post?
Needler is too overpowered. I don't know the exact count of shards needed for a supercombine, but it's rather annoying to take half the required shards, take cover for a couple seconds, and pop back out to finish them off, and get exploded before you can blink. I'd suggest decreasing the lifetime of the shards once attached. Also, the tracking/turning on the shards is too high. I've seen close to 60 to 90 degree turns on the needles. The suppressor suffers from the high tracking as well. (I've seen a game where all but 1 or 2 of the kills were with the suppressor.) I actually refuse to put needlers on my forge maps because they are so imbalanced, unless it's a Covenant themed map.

DMR: contrary to everyone else here, I've seen more up close kills with a DMR than mid/long range kills. I can't put my finger on what feels off about it, so sadly I can't contribute much here.

Grenades:

The recent changes with splinter went way too far. I'm (mostly) fine with the nerf to the initial burst, but the remaining splinters need to be nerfed from their currently buffed state. You still should be able to move past a single splinter, and take some damage, rather than be instakilled by it.

The increased damage taken from frag grenades has actually led to, IMO, less skillful use of grenades. The damage falloff needs to be readjusted to a more appropriate balance between old settings and new settings. Sure, you should take a lot of damage if you step on it, but you shouldn't take full damage for being just on the edge of the blast radius... also, the graphical explosion still doesn't feel like it matches up with the actual blast radius; either decrease the blast radius (which actually might fix the above, and require more skillful use), or increase the visuals (again).

I know, that was technically 4, so if you really only want 2, I would have to choose the needler and the frag grenades.
  1. H2 Battle Rifle (REQ Level): The Halo 2 Battle Rifle needs/should to be moved from REQ LVL 4 to 5. OR the Battle Rifle long barrel & stabilization jets need to be moved from REQ LVL 5 to 4.
  2. BR: I would like to see the Battle Rifle recoil return to "normal"/what it was before, but keep all the other current Battle Rifle changes.
Other things I would like to see:
  • Would love to see some "night time" versions of warzone maps. (Night time Stormbreak with 2 moons)
  • Forge maps with changeable or custom backgrounds/vista from their default ones.
Tune the playlists so there's social slayer.
Firefight's supposed to be a challenge right? You couldn't reload the power weapons you got from supply drops in Reach or off enemies in 3. Its just in keeping with the spirit of Firefight IMO.
Maybe in Heroic it could work, come to think of it. But no Mythic.
You shouldn't compare Halo 5's Warzone Firefight to older versions of firefight. They are wildly different game modes. I'm sure that if Halo Reach's firefight let players call in vehicles, those vehicles would massively outclass any weapons they could have called in, if those weapons had limited ammo. Which is precisely the problem that I'm trying to bring to 343's attention.

Making req stations refill power weapon ammo in Halo 5's Warzone Firefight would not take away any of its challenge. As I said, it still wouldn't put weapons on par with vehicles because #1 using weapons would still most likely get you killed, especially on higher difficulties and #2 you would need to stick close to a req station in order to have infinite ammo, which vehicles don't need to do. The challenge of firefight would remain the same, but it would allow more options on how to effectively take on that challenge, which would bring much more balance to Halo 5's sandbox.

Trust me on this, ok? I play lots of Warzone Firefight so I'm speaking from experience. Req weapons are currently balanced for PvP, and not PvE, or should I say Pv armies of bullet sponges. It's a different game. Take Nornfang, for instance. This is a super duper powerful badass weapon, and very dangerous in PvP. But in Warzone Firefight, you could use it to maybe kill a Knight or two before running out of ammo. And what happens then? You've already spent 7 levels of req energy, so you'll be sitting around being useless to your team during the time that it refills, while your teammates may be happily firing away in their tanks and Banshees.

It is rather outrageous that in firefight, a Nornfang costs as much as an Oni Scorpion which would allow you to deal as much damage as you want in PvE if you're careful. Warzone Firefight players have to open req packs, look at all the shiny cool weapons, and if they want to be at all effective, not use them 99.999% of the time. This is bad game design and very frustrating. I think 343 could easily solve this problem without removing any of the challenge of Warzone Firefight.
To add to that, I think we would have to know more details about the games' Firefight versions before we could compare them. How does the single player compare to the eight player version in regards to AI amounts and their health? What's the power weapon usage and so on. There's obviously more comparisons that could be made, but if they're similar or the eight player version has more advantages, then I think it's a worthy criticism to not have reloading. If they aren't, then reloading should be considered.
OG Nick wrote:
Grenades need to be reverted to their old style of damage with the new radius. They already work as information gathering tools, and since the update players are rewarded with information and massive damage if they land a grenade. If hitmarkers stay then the 'just nicked' damage should be the way it works.
Hit markers should not be on grenades. It gives too much information.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
There's obviously more comparisons that could be made, but if they're similar or the eight player version has more advantages, then I think it's a worthy criticism to not have reloading. If they aren't, then reloading should be considered.
What do you mean by "more advantages"? We're talking about 8 players using vehicles compared to 8 players using weapons. And currently, the latter has a number of huge disadvantages that are the source of a major imbalance in Halo 5's PvE sandbox. Anyway, we shouldn't be comparing firefight modes across games. Let's just focus on what should be done for Halo 5.
What do you mean by "more advantages"?
I was referring to the general findings after comparing the single player versions versus the eight player one, but 343 would really be the only ones who could do that and I doubt they will.
Please fix the standard smg. Make it better. As it is now it is an impractical weapon to use. All of the other load outs weapons are all better picks compared to smg.

kinetic bolts smg should also have the same damage as the standard. As it is now, kinetic bolts can kill in 5 fewer shots.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 32