2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 32
Please fix the standard smg. Make it better. As it is now it is an impractical weapon to use. All of the other load outs weapons are all better picks compared to smg.

kinetic bolts smg should also have the same damage as the standard. As it is now, kinetic bolts can kill in 5 fewer shots.
SMG dominates close range encounters. There'd no other weapon that can do what it can do in CQB. Except maybe Storm Rifle.
please don't change the storm rifle or the brute. ive been playing halo since it first came out and out of all the games with matchmaking, halo 5 has been the only one when i actually see players grabbing the projectile based weapons. everyone ignored them in past halos because they were useless and weak. this is because the storm rifle is now actually useful in halo 5! but the caveat is that it is still projectile based. the storm rifle is fine the way it is.
the same goes with the needlers! they are now useful!
fix the dmr to be used again, adjust the BR and nerf the spartan charge and fix the fuel rod cannon. but leave the storm rifle alone.
or better yet, revert all weapons back to normal before any of the updates took place.
bring back the original breakout settings. you had something going there until you changed them!
Delta5931 wrote:
Please fix the standard smg. Make it better. As it is now it is an impractical weapon to use. All of the other load outs weapons are all better picks compared to smg.

kinetic bolts smg should also have the same damage as the standard. As it is now, kinetic bolts can kill in 5 fewer shots.
SMG dominates close range encounters. There'd no other weapon that can do what it can do in CQB. Except maybe Storm Rifle.
(Bold) I have to massively disagree with you here. Maybe the old SMG, but not this new version. No one uses it anymore and for good reason. The standard SMG is now all but useless since the weapons tuning update. I can out pistol someone at close range before they kill me with an SMG easily. At least 50% of the time, I can do the same with the AR even.

The SMG is supposed to be a monster at close range and it was before the weapons tuning update. Now I'll argue it's the worst automatic weapon at close range. I'll use any other auto before I use an SMG now, yes even the Suppressor.

Don't get me wrong, the original SMG needed tweaking, but the damage output wasn't something that needed tweaking, It's range did, especially when you zoom in. Now if automatics didn't have a zoom this would help, but I digress as that's another topic.

If the SMG is going to stay at it's current state, the rate of fire needs a massive increase to compensate for the lack of damage it out puts now. I still feel the range needs to be reduced when zooming as well.

I'll bet all my REQ points currenlty (over 500,000) that since the weapons tuning update, the standard SMG usage has gone WAY down... Aka no one is picking it up anymore.
Well after the weapon tunes I have defiantly noticed the lack in Use of the BR, I think the BR should defiantly get a slight increase to the fire rate between shots, as it stands the pistol is a lot better than the BR in almost every Aspect.

As well as this The Ghost splatter box is extremely annoying, due to sometimes if you run someone over (whilst boosting) and hit them with the wind part of the ghost it will only knock the shields down of the spartan and can sometimes lead to getting hijacked and giving the team another kill.
Delta5931 wrote:

(Bold) I have to massively disagree with you here. Maybe the old SMG, but not this new version. No one uses it anymore and for good reason. The standard SMG is now all but useless since the weapons tuning update. I can out pistol someone at close range before they kill me with an SMG easily. At least 50% of the time, I can do the same with the AR even.

The SMG is supposed to be a monster at close range and it was before the weapons tuning update. Now I'll argue it's the worst automatic weapon at close range. I'll use any other auto before I use an SMG now, yes even the Suppressor.

Don't get me wrong, the original SMG needed tweaking, but the damage output wasn't something that needed tweaking, It's range did, especially when you zoom in. Now if automatics didn't have a zoom this would help, but I digress as that's another topic.

If the SMG is going to stay at it's current state, the rate of fire needs a massive increase to compensate for the lack of damage it out puts now. I still feel the range needs to be reduced when zooming as well.

I'll bet all my REQ points currenlty (over 500,000) that since the weapons tuning update, the standard SMG usage has gone WAY down... Aka no one is picking it up anymore.
It depends on the game mode. In BTB, the Pistol isn't readily available. I'm fact, it's quite rare to find a Pistol.
In this mode in particular, your close range weapon is the AR. If an AR goes against the SMG, the AR will lose a lot more. The AR has to hit with the vast majority of it's 36 round magazine, and a good number of those bullets have to hit the head. Not so with the SMG. It's 60 round magazine can easily put down an AR user, and it's ROF and general inaccuracy enable it to hit the head far easier than the AR can.

Magnum should probably get nerfed at some point, by the way. It's all anyone uses in Comp Arena.
please don't change the storm rifle or the brute. ive been playing halo since it first came out and out of all the games with matchmaking, halo 5 has been the only one when i actually see players grabbing the projectile based weapons. everyone ignored them in past halos because they were useless and weak. this is because the storm rifle is now actually useful in halo 5! but the caveat is that it is still projectile based. the storm rifle is fine the way it is.
fix the dmr to be used again, adjust the BR and nerf the spartan charge and fix the fuel rod cannon. but leave the storm rifle alone.
or better yet, revert all weapons back to normal before any of the updates took place.
bring back the original breakout settings. you had something going there until you changed them!
They weren't useless per se. They strip shields a lot better than UNSC weapons could. The only reason they're so well used here is because:
  1. The Storm Rifle is insanely powerful, and if you have an AR, you have no excuse to not drop it for a Storm
  2. The Magnum has the fastest switch speed in the game. Easy to strip shields with a BPR and then line up an easy headshot with the Magnum. This was not the case with Halo 1-4, as the Magnum had about the same switch speed as other weapons.
Delta5931 wrote:

Assuming that the smg hasn't been changed very recently, no, the smg doesn't do a good job. I could literally do a better job in close quarters with the AR and BR then with the smg while having even more versatility at range and having two functional weapons instead of one. I rarely ever get killed by it unless my opponent was able to shoot several rounds before I could retaliate or if they were using smg kinetic bolts. How long have you used the smg? Have you gotten more than 60 kills with it? Have you compared it with other loadout weapons in the same situation and then made a comparison of your experiences?

Delta5931 wrote:
Delta5931 wrote:

It depends on the game mode. In BTB, the Pistol isn't readily available. I'm fact, it's quite rare to find a Pistol.
In this mode in particular, your close range weapon is the AR. If an AR goes against the SMG, the AR will lose a lot more. The AR has to hit with the vast majority of it's 36 round magazine, and a good number of those bullets have to hit the head. Not so with the SMG. It's 60 round magazine can easily put down an AR user, and it's ROF and general inaccuracy enable it to hit the head far easier than the AR can.

Magnum should probably get nerfed at some point, by the way. It's all anyone uses in Comp Arena.
The AR can kill around the same time as the SMG while still having more range and being able to fight off other loadouts easier. The AR only needs to have the last 2 shots of the 12 fired to land in the head, all the rest can hit the body. It takes a minimum of 19 bullets for the smg to kill if several land in the head, 20 at max. It's awful spread likely means that you'll probably have to spend more rounds with half to 3/4 a clip just to kill one spartan even at close range, this is not the case for the other weapons. I have personally done far better with the AR and BR than I have ever done with the SMG since the weapons tuning update.
Needler is too overpowered. I don't know the exact count of shards needed for a supercombine, but it's rather annoying to take half the required shards, take cover for a couple seconds, and pop back out to finish them off, and get exploded before you can blink. I'd suggest decreasing the lifetime of the shards once attached. Also, the tracking/turning on the shards is too high. I've seen close to 60 to 90 degree turns on the needles. The suppressor suffers from the high tracking as well. (I've seen a game where all but 1 or 2 of the kills were with the suppressor.) I actually refuse to put needlers on my forge maps because they are so imbalanced, unless it's a Covenant themed map.

DMR: contrary to everyone else here, I've seen more up close kills with a DMR than mid/long range kills. I can't put my finger on what feels off about it, so sadly I can't contribute much here.

Grenades:

The recent changes with splinter went way too far. I'm (mostly) fine with the nerf to the initial burst, but the remaining splinters need to be nerfed from their currently buffed state. You still should be able to move past a single splinter, and take some damage, rather than be instakilled by it.

The increased damage taken from frag grenades has actually led to, IMO, less skillful use of grenades. The damage falloff needs to be readjusted to a more appropriate balance between old settings and new settings. Sure, you should take a lot of damage if you step on it, but you shouldn't take full damage for being just on the edge of the blast radius... also, the graphical explosion still doesn't feel like it matches up with the actual blast radius; either decrease the blast radius (which actually might fix the above, and require more skillful use), or increase the visuals (again).

I know, that was technically 4, so if you really only want 2, I would have to choose the needler and the frag grenades.
It takes 7 needle shards to Supercombine and for the base Needler it has a TTK of 1.16 seconds at 10 meters, and all 7 shards must land on the target in 4 seconds for the Supercombine to occur as each needle lasts 4 seconds before it shatters.
More maps for warzone and other game modes. Having played the same map a few times it starts to get repetitive and boring. Also the introduction of some new warzone bosses.
Delta5931 wrote:
They weren't useless per se. They strip shields a lot better than UNSC weapons could. The only reason they're so well used here is because:
  1. The Storm Rifle is insanely powerful, and if you have an AR, you have no excuse to not drop it for a Storm
  2. The Magnum has the fastest switch speed in the game. Easy to strip shields with a BPR and then line up an easy headshot with the Magnum. This was not the case with Halo 1-4, as the Magnum had about the same switch speed as other weapons.
but they were still rarely used if at all. the only time people would grab them was for dual wield. that's it.
the storm rifle is not insanely powerful. they appear to be now that they are more reliable (even more so than before the updates) because now the AR and the smg are weak. before the update, the storm wasnt used as much as people claim to be and what about the magnum? i didnt even mention the magnum. the magnum is perfect the way it is.
If spartan charge could have the damage reduced to be the exact same as a melee, that would do it for me. I think it should be a catch up from behind mechanic at most, not a “let me lead with this around this corner and spam my ar to clean up” mechanic. The magnetism and all that is fine, and it’s fine as a clean up tactic, but it’s so powerful that you can lead into engagements with it. Nobody leads with a melee unless they know they can double beat down somebody. I feel like a reduction in damage would curve that “CQC crutch”-ness a little bit.
Delta5931 wrote:
but they were still rarely used if at all. the only time people would grab them was for dual wield. that's it.
the storm rifle is not insanely powerful. they appear to be now that they are more reliable (even more so than before the updates) because now the AR and the smg are weak. before the update, the storm wasnt used as much as people claim to be and what about the magnum? i didnt even mention the magnum. the magnum is perfect the way it is.
That's because they were balanced around having one in each hand, and you'd have to press switch twice to equip your secondary headshot weapon.
The Storm Rifle does more damage to health than the AR does in the same short burst. It's an absolute monster. There's no other automatic weapon that does as much damage as the Storm Rifle, much less an energy weapon.
Keep in mind that the energy weapons, in canon, were meant to knock opponents about by being hideously painful (hence their uselessness against the Flood, who do not feel pain), not to outright kill like the Storm does.
As for the Magnum? When you don't have a Plasma Pistol, a Brute Plasma Rifle is excellent for knocking out shields and then swapping to the pistol for an easy headshot. If you're gonna use an energy weapon, that's how you do it.
The magnum is also overpowered to the extreme. It has more range than the BR, and it does DMR level damage way faster than the DMR can. It's all anyone uses in Comp Arena, and it needs a nerf.
lFi3RY wrote:
lFi3RY wrote:
^ edited
In the future please use the "Edit" button on the bottom right of your post if you want to edit the post in any way, instead of quoting your own post.
Sniper is too easy to use I've shot people in the shoulder and it count as a head shot. The hydra locks on way to fast. (I know this is the third thing but thrust moves the person way to far. The speed is fine but this distance sucks.)
If any thing ever happened to Spartan charge. I like the idea of it doing less damage if you are moving away from it. I'm pretty sure you can thrust away from it and move away faster than its coming at you and it just doesn't feel right it does what it does in that situation.
If any thing ever happened to Spartan charge. I like the idea of it doing less damage if you are moving away from it. I'm pretty sure you can thrust away from it and move away faster than its coming at you and it just doesn't feel right it does what it does in that situation.
The absolute worst is rounding a corner only to get a Spartan Charge to the face, and before you even have time to react, you get headshotted.
Delta5931 wrote:
Delta5931 wrote:
That's because they were balanced around having one in each hand, and you'd have to press switch twice to equip your secondary headshot weapon.
The Storm Rifle does more damage to health than the AR does in the same short burst. It's an absolute monster. There's no other automatic weapon that does as much damage as the Storm Rifle, much less an energy weapon.
Keep in mind that the energy weapons, in canon, were meant to knock opponents about by being hideously painful (hence their uselessness against the Flood, who do not feel pain), not to outright kill like the Storm does.
As for the Magnum? When you don't have a Plasma Pistol, a Brute Plasma Rifle is excellent for knocking out shields and then swapping to the pistol for an easy headshot. If you're gonna use an energy weapon, that's how you do it.
The magnum is also overpowered to the extreme. It has more range than the BR, and it does DMR level damage way faster than the DMR can. It's all anyone uses in Comp Arena, and it needs a nerf.
canon is not important when it comes to balancing gameplay.
duel wielding is the worst offender when it comes to weapon balancing because they would literally make them completely useless on their own by cutting their effectiveness in half. so you would have to search around for other weapons to make them useful. that is why they were abandoned in halo reach.
but what about the games that excluding dual wielding? was the plasma rifle/storm used then. no. no one would touch em unless out of boredom to experiment them with like i have.

and people still don't use the brute. dude, you don't like halo 5. you only played about 24 hours worth. i've given 5 29 days worth of play (pathetic i know lol :P). i am speaking as someone who has plenty of experience with this game. the storm is not overpowered. it is useful now and people are beginning to figure that out. that includes other previously useless weapons such as the suppressor and bolt. they are now useful because they are all balanced.

the storm was as effective as the the smg before the update because there was a wide plasma spread along side being projectile based and yet the majority preferred the smg.

i still rarely see it used in arena because there are more useful weapons in arena.

if you think the magnum is overpowered, you clearly have no idea how the game works since it was the baseline for all other weapons. 5 was built around the magnum.

the reason why i am having such issues with all of these suggestions is because this is the exact same thing we are going through again with the first update. all the complaints were answered and look what happened! the game is now unbalanced, so i am going to say stop asking for changes that people have no idea about.
that includes the storm and especially the magnum.
Coming from the speedrunning side of this, if I had to choose issues that warranted review and adjustment, it would be how the Weapons Tuning update effected certain campaign workings. I've witnessed a positive one right off the bat; before the update, after loading Osiris, the IGT would start 2 seconds early and would require restarting the mission to correct the issue, and once completing the mission, would never show the carnage report. Since the update, the timer glitch was corrected and the carnage report is at least visible if you complete the mission without restarting (it still displays the error once you restart the mission during gameplay). Though, a negative that I've noticed is that it seems that soldiers are once again teleporting (I believe you called it Soldier BAMF) more frequently and for longer periods. The scenarios that it is most apparent are the door before the final encounter on Osiris and the first 2 major encounters on the mission Evacuation, where in all instances, it feels like I'm spending more time tracking/chasing them than I am killing them. Now, I'm not sure if this is also playing into the above issue, but it also feels as if they can take more damage before their armor is popped. Pre-update on easy difficulty, it would take 2 hits with a boltshot to knock off their armor followed by an additional 2 shots to kill. Since the update, anywhere between 3-4 shots is required to take off their shields and 2-3 shots to kill (The reference data is from the first major encounter on Evacuation). Please note that I have compared versions repeatedly in attempts to justify my claim, as the Xbox that I play on runs the current patch H5 whereas my wife's xbox/copy of the game are a patch or two behind (ver 1.1.28173.21 as opposed to ver 1.1.30955.21). If you could look into these and adjust everything back accordingly, it would be greatly appreciated.
JA50N 0 wrote:
I would love to see the standard chain gun warthog NOT have a cool down. HAMMER DOWN : )
Personally, I would like to see the ONI chaingun go back to NOT having a overheat/cooldown. I think it was something that really made the ONI version stand out. I know a lot of people say that's it's overpowered like that, but in my experience you only get a short period of time rocking that hog with no overheat before someone takes you out with a railgun or splaser anyway, so why not throw a little fun back into the ONI version?
There's a sandbox in Halo 5? Where is it?! I wanna play in the sandbox!!!!
In all seriousness, I've never really paid any attention to all the weapon tuning and req adjusting that has gone on since release. I just log in and enjoy the game, Warzone, SWAT, Firefight, Fiesta, I love all of it. Keep up the great work 343, I'm excited to see where the franchise goes.

On a side note, I'm very surprised at all the new terms and features I have picked up on just by reading through this thread. For example I didn't know that any weapons had "magnetism" applied to them. Anyway, just remember everyone, it's a game. :)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 32