3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. ...
  9. 32
ShooterWG wrote:
The top priority should be to nerf the Plasma rifle. It breaks the gameplay in playlists like Slayer.
Please, it shreds too much
BADvorak wrote:
Needler is too overpowered. I don't know the exact count of shards needed for a supercombine, but it's rather annoying to take half the required shards, take cover for a couple seconds, and pop back out to finish them off, and get exploded before you can blink. I'd suggest decreasing the lifetime of the shards once attached. Also, the tracking/turning on the shards is too high. I've seen close to 60 to 90 degree turns on the needles. The suppressor suffers from the high tracking as well. (I've seen a game where all but 1 or 2 of the kills were with the suppressor.) I actually refuse to put needlers on my forge maps because they are so imbalanced, unless it's a Covenant themed map.

DMR: contrary to everyone else here, I've seen more up close kills with a DMR than mid/long range kills. I can't put my finger on what feels off about it, so sadly I can't contribute much here.

Grenades:

The recent changes with splinter went way too far. I'm (mostly) fine with the nerf to the initial burst, but the remaining splinters need to be nerfed from their currently buffed state. You still should be able to move past a single splinter, and take some damage, rather than be instakilled by it.

The increased damage taken from frag grenades has actually led to, IMO, less skillful use of grenades. The damage falloff needs to be readjusted to a more appropriate balance between old settings and new settings. Sure, you should take a lot of damage if you step on it, but you shouldn't take full damage for being just on the edge of the blast radius... also, the graphical explosion still doesn't feel like it matches up with the actual blast radius; either decrease the blast radius (which actually might fix the above, and require more skillful use), or increase the visuals (again).

I know, that was technically 4, so if you really only want 2, I would have to choose the needler and the frag grenades.
It takes 7 needle shards to Supercombine and for the base Needler it has a TTK of 1.16 seconds at 10 meters, and all 7 shards must land on the target in 4 seconds for the Supercombine to occur as each needle lasts 4 seconds before it shatters.
Thanks, I thought it was 7. I just didn't want to throw a number out there and have it be wrong.

- - -

I think the Brute plasma rifle and storm rifle are fine as they are. I've used them quite a bit, and if anything was to be changed, I guess I would be okay with doing less damage to health, but that's a bit of a moot point, since you can swap to your secondary precision and pop off a headshot.
DaxSeven09 wrote:
lFi3RY wrote:
^ edited
Why repost this when you have only removed one sentence that doesn't really even change the subject of the post?
I added alot more sentences and stuff i had already wrote to keep it contained in 1 post. i
Is their a possibility to change the req packs in a way so its useful. Like when you level up you gett Useful wepons and mayby a new loadout weapon.
Make req packs more rewarding.
I want the suppressor to be more common/easy to pick up in maps, it's usually located in places where you can easily die attempting to get it.
Fix the carbine's random spread. If the BR can be fixed, so can the carbine.

Precision weapon kills and consistency should be based on skill, not luck.
Some thing else I think is a problem is the wasps has too much effective range agianst anti air wraiths. You can just stay out side the effective range of wraiths and take them down.
A couple people already said that, but I will say it my self anyway. The Carbine needs to get more reliable again. These ghost bullets, as we have seen with the BR before it was changed again, are really annoying and unnecessary.
But whatever you do, don't change the Magnum! To everyone who thinks different: It just feels overpowered because all the other guns got nerved.
The Halo 5 Magnum it the best in the series and belanced so it fit's perfectly in the Halo 5 sandbox. I would rather change all of the other Weapons instead of the Magnum
If I ere to change anything, I would add a req pack that gives a random amount of common - legendary items, no permanent unlocks, no boost, just weapons, vehicles (and possible a small amount of power ups). A "resupply Pack" as I call it would help players get a balance amount of items, ever since I started opening gold packs, I've been running out of commons very quickly, a pack that has commons and also a chance at legendary items would be great, kind of like a buy-able daily pack.

another thing I've noticed is that bullets sometimes ignore walls if a shooter is perpendicular to you, lets say that you're sprinting north and theres a sniper east of you, if the sniper shoots at you the moment you get behind a wall, the shot will sometimes still kill you, I don't know how it happens exactly, I just know that its happened a few times (especially in custom games, duck hunt to be specific)

the brute plasma rifle also overheats way too quickly, where is you miss a couple of shots it overheats before you get a kill.

there is an annoying forge glitch where if someone joins your game in progress, the items either get moved around to odd locations, or just flat out disappear, ruining hours of work.

in the search menu, when typing in something for maps, prefabs, ect. with two or more words, it shows everything for each of those words, lets say I type in Military base, it will show all of the options that have the word military in it and all of the option that have the word base in it, which makes it very difficult to find specific things. I would prefer it if it only showed the options with BOTH of the words in it, or to prioritize those options
  1. The Current Weapon Tuning - though, I've covered this pretty thoroughly within the Weapon Tuning Discussion Thread while stressing the SMG as being the next big priority for further tweaking, so instead here I'll select...
  1. Spartan Charge - its' effectiveness could use some reduction.
  2. REQ Item Values - I think some modifications are in line...
Slightly affecting sandbox update wish 1#:
Remove placement games. Combine CSR and MMR so you can actually find matches with groups with different MMR (and not match the same people continuously, causing for frustration and overall "I hate this broken dead game" mentality). Place an emphasis on specific medals earned for how fast you rank up (Ex: Overall exterms, assist medals, etc - Also including assists as it is now in HCS Playlist), and a loss depends on how well you individually did to team-work (For example, high assists on a loss = lose less CSR than the person with lowest assists, regardless of medals).

Slightly affecting sandbox update wish #2:
Stop removing playlists. Keep the social playlists in. H3, HCE, even an H2 Anniversary Playlist with these maps. In addition, throwing only the idea of MMR to the direct competitive playlists (HCS for example) would be more wise, as it directly pairs you against people of, presumably, equal skill to you. It would be in better interest that when playing "Social", you are directly understanding that you can match with and against virtually 'anyone'; Resulting in no need for these to have any restrictions other than servers. Likewise, maybe a ranked H2 or H3 playlist would said parameters could sway more people for 'cool down' games when getting paired with said gold 6 who went 28 and 2 (joking here, but I have friends who virtually get frustrated and blame 'smurfs' for why a level 148 who is Gold 6 had that KDA). This will at least give people an option to play something fun that is ranked. Also, please remove Shotgun starts from Breakout. That's just a terrible idea; Might as well bring back shwatguns at this point lol.

Direct sandbox update wish #1:
Remove oddball in HCS UNLESS you recreate older Halo title maps (excluding Halo 4 and REACH).
Replace this with KoTH. Maps are optional at this point, but I personally would like to see some nice or new forge maps added to the swing in HCS and even Slayer.
I know you replied to me on Twitter and said 'These are the changes', but I was sort of being sarcastic by 10 second respawn and thrust. It's only a portion of what is wrong with this gametype; the majority of it really is just the maps and spawn locations. I once spawned on the oddball as my team played ball lol. I feel like stuff like this shouldn't happen in this gametype.

Direct sandbox update wish #2:
Brutes and plasma weapons need to be nerfed
a bit, especially the brute red pistol. These weapons are far too overpowered, and have been since day one.

Direct sandbox update wish #3+ (Important ones):
-All playlists: Give us some new maps, possibly forge made ones. I hear rumors of people saying "lag" issues; I play custom browsers often when I am bored, and I don't think I have ever had an issue with laggy maps (Well, unless the map was just terrible lol). I'm also on an OG Xbox One.
-Doubles playlist: Switch up settings instead of just 'slayer'. Make one 'BR Slayer', 'Covenant slayer' and even 'HCS Slayer'. Possibly throw in those 'community doubles' maps that were around a long time ago. Give a bit of variation to this playlist.
-Slayer - Same concept as doubles above. Give some variation on how 'Slayer' is, instead of the 'same starts every match', how about change it up like they did in previous Halo's. In my opinion, these ranked playlists are already kind of casual ranked (the radar + AR kind of adds to this), why not just make it a bit more fun for people who are playing it more competitively. Sure, they may suck with the pistol - but their BR or their carbine may be on point lol. Give people some fun when they play these things.
-Arena - Same idea as above, except add in maybe some new gametypes. What about oddball, king of the hill, maybe somehow a return of 1-flag ctf?

I know this is a 'detailed design doc', but each point is just an explanation. I highlighted bolt and italicized the initial points to make it brief.
Thank you for always putting forth the effort to listen to our feedback, I really love Warzone Firefight but it feels like balancing for that mode is a bit of an after thought

My only major issue with Halo 5 is that Warzone and Warzone Firefight need to be balanced separately, as its been stated before power weapons just don't work in firefight when vehicles can do so much more, I'd love to have a reason to spawn power weapons to take down a boss but they run out of ammo before you can even put a dent in their health making it just not worth the req energy required to spawn them.

If req weapons could compete with vehicles in Warzone Firefight it would open up a lot more options for players keeping the experience fresh and fun while giving players more freedom in how they choose to take on each round

As it stands victory in most rounds boil down to "How many vehicles can our team spawn"
the brute plasma and storm rifle are way to OP the brute plasma is equivalent to a bxr.
I WANT TO FIGHT PROPHET OF TRUTH AS WARZONE BOSS FIGHT
Lol, don't we all.
Thank you for always putting forth the effort to listen to our feedback, I really love Warzone Firefight but it feels like balancing for that mode is a bit of an after thought

My only major issue with Halo 5 is that Warzone and Warzone Firefight need to be balanced separately, as its been stated before power weapons just don't work in firefight when vehicles can do so much more, I'd love to have a reason to spawn power weapons to take down a boss but they run out of ammo before you can even put a dent in their health making it just not worth the req energy required to spawn them.

If req weapons could compete with vehicles in Warzone Firefight it would open up a lot more options for players keeping the experience fresh and fun while giving players more freedom in how they choose to take on each round

As it stands victory in most rounds boil down to "How many vehicles can our team spawn"
I’m all for giving some kind of ammo buff for weapons in firefight.
I would say the wasps armor should be improved some. They are way to easy to take down. I've exploded from a single (possibly a double) shot from whiplash. I'e had others complain about this too.
For a second pick i would say the magnum damage should be reduced some. How a pistol kills you faster then the AR is beyond me.
  1. Carbine hit consistency, ESPECIALLY within RR, needs to be improved. The latest update utterly broke it and the blood of suban.
  2. BR recoil need to be reduced. The OG BR was close to perfect, and felt great, just had a bit too much RRR and aim assist. The current BR's recoil makes it so unsatisfying to use. Only a subtle change was needed, you guys instead created a 100% different weapon.
  3. DMR feels way too funky close and medium range, and the massive difference in "sticky reticle" auto-aim as you go from close to mid to long range is really jarring. In general, I think you guys should try to be more consistent on the amount of reticle stickiness guns have, to help with a consitent feeling accross the sandbox. If you want to differentiate weapons aim assist, change their RRRs, hitbox sizes, or bullet tracking magnetism. But don't mess with the aim assist so much... it's jarring and makes my aim overall worse since I can't get used to one consistent feeling across the weapons.
  4. Find a middle ground for the banshee. It was OP before, but now it's just a sitting duck. Slightly lower the cool-down, or better yet, tie the flips to the boost meter, so if you're constantly flipping + boosting for 3-4 flips, you run out of boost.
Maybe the wasp and it’s variants should get a buff
Either make Breakout 1.0 a sub playlist or rotate it into the existing one.

More maps for SWAT. If you have Halo 1 maps and Halo 3 maps every so often, surely we can at least have Lockout or Blackout on SWAT.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. ...
  9. 32