3. 480
  4. 481
  5. 482
  6. 483
  7. 484
  8. ...
  9. 924
woltey X wrote:
I'm wondering if there are going to be any heretics that are going to surface since the Human-Covenant war is over. It could be a group of covert Sangheili heretics who went to help humanity in order to keep the extinction of all sentient life in the galaxy from occurring. They could have easily stayed among the ranks of the covenant informing ONI of any information they could gather. That could be one group, but there's probably a bunch more.

What covenant? The old one doesn't exist anymore, there are at least a hundred different groups, all claiming to be the true Covenant. Those who wish to have peace with humanity are propably with Swords of Sanghelios. The other known groups are mainly extremists, most don't even threaten humanity outside terrorism. They don't have significant military strength.

And why would they be reporting to ONI of all things? ONI supplied conservative remnants to fuel the civil war among sangheili. They aren't interested in anything except for keeping the covenant remnants weak so that humans can be on the top. An Elite who works with them directly would essentially be betraying their own race.
Speaking of that, I'd really like to see what happens if the Arbiter and his group discover what ONI is planning.
IFthat happens, then he might as well join the chief. Though thel did say that if chief left the had his reasons.
No Elites. No Money.
Only youtube campaign playthrough.
That's what I'm doing, if I don't see Elites in MP I'll skip this one. and move on.
I'd hate to move on, but I think that's what I'll end up doing if I figure out there are now sangheili in H5, just watch the campaign on YT.
343 please make this happen
if the Arbiter is back then elites in MM should be back. Theres no canonical reason as to why joint UNSC-SoS operations cant occur and the infinity's "peace" mission means they should be aiding the good elites
Having the arbiter show up in the new cutscenes gives me hope for playable elites. You have Thel and Locke with their spartan and elite buddies all on a Lich, and once they get through talking, they seem to jump out to fight something. This looks like it could be a kind of tease or intro into a new game mode they haven't revealed yet. Maybe like a horde mode or something like invasion.
Having the arbiter show up in the new cutscenes gives me hope for playable elites. You have Thel and Locke with their spartan and elite buddies all on a Lich, and once they get through talking, they seem to jump out to fight something. This looks like it could be a kind of tease or intro into a new game mode they haven't revealed yet. Maybe like a horde mode or something like invasion.
Firefight returning would be cool, especially if it could be a bit of PVP like Reach's Firefight had. Though maybe this time with an actual playlist for that.
Edit: Ignore this post, Waypoint told me there was an error, but these sent anyway
Kaine Rano wrote:
I can see the issues with playable Elites causing a bit of disturbance ranking wise... however there is an easy fix to this. Well, a few actually.

1. Confine Playable Elites to the Social playlists (or whatever they end up calling the non-ranked playlists).

2. Create specific playlists suited for different Species Preferences. I.e: A Spartan only playlist, A Spartans V. Elites playlist, and an Elite only playlist.

3. You could only be ranked when playing as a Spartan. (In the event of the majority or ALL of the playlist being ranked).

Any one of these options would be acceptable if it meant bringing back playable Elites. Perhaps even one I have yet to think of. The point is, there is a way to satisfy both the Spartans and the Sangheili. There IS an outcome of this dispute where we all go home happy.

But that outcome, is up to 343. I hope they're listening.

They said they were.

How bout no, do you remember what happened the last time we had such restrictions such as this such implemented into a Halo game? I do, and it was called Reach which was a terrible idea to begin with. Hell, do you see people complaining in the MCC that Elite players are able to play games of H2A ranked Slayer? It is a blast to see two species shooting with each other to be able to obtain victory and not have to deal with just sticking with a playlist which turns boring and dull right away.

Keep the damn species barrier down like the MCC and allow us to play whatever we want, whatever species we want to be.
I was merely suggesting a solution to the supposed problem. By all means I would love nothing more as a Sangheili than to see the species barriers lowered completely, as is the case with H2, H3, and H2A. But make no mistake, if I have to compromise to bring the Sangheili back into the field of battle, I will do it.
Do any of Thel's elites participate alongside Spartans in War games for training?
- Detendez

There are healthy military relationships stretching back to 2553. Classified records associated with the ANVIL initiative indicate a number of very select joint training engagements.
TGLT BL4cK wrote:
Do any of Thel's elites participate alongside Spartans in War games for training?
- Detendez

There are healthy military relationships stretching back to 2553. Classified records associated with the ANVIL initiative indicate a number of very select joint training engagements.
In the Halo 3 mission where you are going after Regret, the UNSC teams up with Arbiters elites. Their relationship in H5 will have probably changed some, but I can still se the two working together.
Who the -Yoink- necro-bumped this thread? It's 3 years old people, just let it die.
Who the -Yoink- necro-bumped this thread? It's 3 years old people, just let it die.
This thread wasn't Necro-bumped at all, it's just the Canon-fodder provided information which could be an indication of playable Sangheili in Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer. Just because it doesn't correlate with your opinion doesn't mean this thread needs to die in your opinion. There's too much toxicity in these forums that's why I bearly post, and usually stick to Halo Archive Forums.
Not that I want to see the playable in every game time but I like to see them in a invasion time mode.
I don't think you understand what "necrobumping" is, and if you do, I imagine there are several elements of the term that you don't totally understand. This thread has been active since before Halo 4's release. It might get pushed back for a couple days, ja, but it always comes back eventually, and why shouldn't it? Aside from its well-earned megathread status, this is very likely the only thread on Waypoint where the majority of commenters are agreeing on a positive change instead of lynching the 343i staff for whatever the hell you kids are mad about these days. Bloom or Sprint or whatever.
How would playable elites be non-canonical experience? They used to fight elites in the new great war!
I think you make a game mode with new Spartan 4 versus the arbiters elites. Were already allied with them so why not make a cool arena of Spartans vs Elites.

in broken circle, the latest halo book, they had an elite colony who had a space arena that the used for entertainment and to help them to not get so squishy.

it would help bring the two species together in healthy competition. Theirs your cannon reason for elite being in halo multiplayer.
Ray8016 wrote:
I think you make a game mode with new Spartan 4 versus the arbiters elites. Were already allied with them so why not make a cool arena of Spartans vs Elites.

in broken circle, the latest halo book, they had an elite colony who had a space arena that the used for entertainment and to help them to not get so squishy.

it would help bring the two species together in healthy competition. Theirs your cannon reason for elite being in halo multiplayer.
There's more to what goes into multiplayer than what makes sense canonically. There's also the effect on gameplay, hardware/time/manpower limitations, and whether or not the effect (or lack of effect) is worth the time and effort to realize.

Playable Elites as an open customization option would bring issues with hit-boxes (whether the hit-boxes are the same as the Spartan models or not), due to the different physiology. These issues would affect every gametype if it were an open customization option. That said, I don't see anything wrong with the concept of a Spartans VS Elites mode (and certainly not an Elite VS Elite mode, given there would be universal hit-boxes). However, I don't see it as worth the time it may take to create/re-purpose Elite models, animations, HUD, etc.

That's just me, though. I prioritize the aspects of equality in gameplay over customization.
Spartan vs Elites Invasion 343

Come on guys make it happen for Halo
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 480
  4. 481
  5. 482
  6. 483
  7. 484
  8. ...
  9. 924