6. 502
  7. 503
  8. ...
  9. 896
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show

Does that mean we get Elites in matchmaking now?
Spoiler:
Show

Does that mean we get Elites in matchmaking now?
I like your thinking.

Now Even if we don't get them in all modes I'd be fine and as long as you don't do the H2A MP and just put a storm elite in there if the actual Sangheili looks different...

However This is a massive thread and I doubt it's been ignored by those above us. We might have the largest and longest running post! I'm hoping that 343i has heard of our plight and will reward us at E3. If not... I don't know what to do. I'm excited for the Sangheili based literature we are getting this year but that will only make the wound hurt a little less. Have Hope and Believe and we will Finish the Fight as we remember Reach.
Just wondering if everyone here would be ok with elites only playable in certain gametypes?
Nope, either make them playable in all modes, or not playable at all.
Well its my second year since I first involved myself with this thread,its still going strong and we've broken the 500 page and 10 000 post milestone.It'd be better if Sangheili were allowed to participate in all game types,I doubt anyone would mind even if Sangheili were proportionately larger than spartans with an accurately sized hit box of course.But for the sake of balance that should be the sole difference between them unlike in Halo:Reach where Sangheili were slightly faster with better health regeneration.
treycen777 wrote:
Just wondering if everyone here would be ok with elites only playable in certain gametypes?
I don't understand why people question this, S-III's < S-II's. In Reach Sangheili were superior because Spartan III's don't have the augmentations that II's and IV's have. IV's are very similar to II's, therefore elites would be almost equals like in H2/H3. There would be no reason to make elites more powerful or to put them in specific game types. And with the confirmation in the GI article that "covenant using their own form of thruster to get around" pretty much cements my belief they will be playable and in all of MP at that
Spoiler:
Show

Is this a record or something? Good lord...
Question, we didn't play as elites in CE or 2 right? But the idea of having an elite is pretty much molded into Halo MM right?

Oh, and they said we'd be playing as Spartan IV's. Did they confirm that we'd be playing as Master Cheif in MM?
We could play as them on H2 and it's "the seeds of our future, are sown in his past".
Well its my second year since I first involved myself with this thread,its still going strong and we've broken the 500 page and 10 000 post milestone.It'd be better if Sangheili were allowed to participate in all game types,I doubt anyone would mind even if Sangheili were proportionately larger than spartans with an accurately sized hit box of course.But for the sake of balance that should be the sole difference between them unlike in Halo:Reach where Sangheili were slightly faster with better health regeneration.
I would be happy either way they go about the reintroduction of playable sangheili. Playing on all playlists as a sangheili would be great, but them playing differently like in Reach wouldn't be so bad. I mostly play custom games anyway.
Spoiler:
Show

I've never seen a 10k post thread.

I wonder if this will get 343i's attention now to give us Elites in matchmaking. Hell, I'll even take a one gametype scenario like Invasion, even though it's confirmed out.
MAX2107 wrote:
Spoiler:
Show

I wonder if this will get 343i's attention now to give us Elites in matchmaking. Hell, I'll even take a one gametype scenario like Invasion, even though it's confirmed out.
This is the reason why I think whatever game type 343i is unveiling at E3 is something similar in nature to Invasion because why did 343i randomly shoot down Invasion knowing how much of a demand for that game type there was? To compensate with something much larger in scale that's why at least in my mind :p
So far the evidence leans heavily in our favor that playable elites could very well be a reality. During the very exclusive Halo Online Alpha, which was available only in Russia (odd I know), players were introduced to the ANVIL Initiative which indicated a number of very select joint training engagements between Spartan-IVs and Sangheili of Arbiter Thel 'Vadam's Swords of Sanghelios aboard Anvil Station. This would later be confirmed as canon in an installment of canon fodder.

Next we have the upcoming Halo novel titled, Halo: Hunters in the Dark. The description for the novel reads this;
Spoiler:
Show
This novel only furthers the notion that elites could indeed be playable within Halo 5 as it shows Elites and Spartans working together. However this isn't the only new novel to feature the Sangheili. There was also Halo Broken Circle which has already released, and then there is the new novel, written by the one and only Joseph Staten himself, Halo: Shadow of Intent. The reason I bring both of these books up is not because I think they have anything to do specifically with spartan/ elite relations, in fact I know Broken Circle doesn't, the reason I bring these novels up is because it shows 343 industries has increased their focus on the Sangheili lore. I believe this could correlate to their plans with Halo 5 Gaurdians and the possible inclusion of playable elites. I would also like to make a prediction however that judging from the author (guy responsible for story of first three games), it is likely that Halo: Shadow of Intent could have something to do with the ANVIL Initiative.

Now for my final point I would like to bring up the Game Informer article that has had people giddy with excitement for the past day. Not only does the article talk about how the Covenant have returned to english speaking, but it also states that Elites have access to thruster pack abilities to traverse terrain, similar to the way the player can. This makes absolute sense as it wouldn't be fun fighting an enemy who can't keep up with your new abilities. It would also make sense if elites and spartans were on equal terms in the multiplayer portion of things. And to those who said it wasn't going to happen because, "spartan abilities." Well this article proves otherwise. With all of this very circumstantial evidence it's is becoming even harder to deny the possibility that elites will make a return in some way.

Thank you.
So far the evidence leans heavily in our favor that playable elites could very well be a reality. During the very exclusive Halo Online Alpha, which was available only in Russia (odd I know), players were introduced to the ANVIL Initiative which indicated a number of very select joint training engagements between Spartan-IVs and Sangheili of Arbiter Thel 'Vadam's Swords of Sanghelios aboard Anvil Station. This would later be confirmed as canon in an installment of canon fodder.

Next we have the upcoming Halo novel titled, Halo: Hunters in the Dark. The description for the novel reads this;
Spoiler:
Show

This novel only furthers the notion that elites could indeed be playable within Halo 5. However this isn't the only new novel to feature the Sangheili. There was also Halo Broken Circle which has already released, and then there is the new novel, written by the one and only Joseph Staten himself, Halo: Shadow of Intent. The reason I bring both of these books up is not because I think they have anything to do specifically with spartan/ elite relations, in fact I know Broken Circle doesn't, the reason I bring these novels up is because it shows 343 industries has increased their focus on the Sangheili. I believe this could correlate to their plans with Halo 5 Gaurdians and the possible inclusion of playable elites. I would also like to make a prediction however that judging from the author (guy responsible for story of first three games), it is likely that Halo: Shadow of Intent could have something to do with the ANVIL Initiative.

Now for my final point I would like to bring up the Game Informer article that has had people giddy with excitement for the past day. Now only does the article talk about how the Covenant have returned to english speaking, but it also states that Elites have access to thruster pack abilities to traverse terrain, similar to the way the player can. This makes absolute sense as it wouldn't be fun fighting an enemy who can't keep up with your new abilities. It would also make sense if elites and spartans were on equal terms in the multiplayer portion of things. And to those who said it wasn't going to happen because, "spartan abilities." Well this article proves otherwise. With all of this very circumstantial evidence it's is becoming even harder to deny the possibility that elites will make a return in some way.

Thank you.
I love you right now because this is restoring my faith and well you've elegantly put it all into words why there is an amazing possibility that the Sangheili will return.

Spoiler:
Show

This novel only furthers the notion that elites could indeed be playable within Halo 5. However this isn't the only new novel to feature the Sangheili. There was also Halo Broken Circle which has already released, and then there is the new novel, written by the one and only Joseph Staten himself, Halo: Shadow of Intent. The reason I bring both of these books up is not because I think they have anything to do specifically with spartan/ elite relations, in fact I know Broken Circle doesn't, the reason I bring these novels up is because it shows 343 industries has increased their focus on the Sangheili. I believe this could correlate to their plans with Halo 5 Gaurdians and the possible inclusion of playable elites. I would also like to make a prediction however that judging from the author (guy responsible for story of first three games), it is likely that Halo: Shadow of Intent could have something to do with the ANVIL Initiative.

Now for my final point I would like to bring up the Game Informer article that has had people giddy with excitement for the past day. Now only does the article talk about how the Covenant have returned to english speaking, but it also states that Elites have access to thruster pack abilities to traverse terrain, similar to the way the player can. This makes absolute sense as it wouldn't be fun fighting an enemy who can't keep up with your new abilities. It would also make sense if elites and spartans were on equal terms in the multiplayer portion of things. And to those who said it wasn't going to happen because, "spartan abilities." Well this article proves otherwise. With all of this very circumstantial evidence it's is becoming even harder to deny the possibility that elites will make a return in some way.

Thank you.
I love you right now because this is restoring my faith and well you've elegantly put it all into words why there is an amazing possibility that the Sangheili will return.
I'm glad to be of service. Literally cannot wait for e3 to get here!
dajhier1 wrote:
MAX2107 wrote:
Spoiler:
Show

This is the reason why I think whatever game type 343i is unveiling at E3 is something similar in nature to Invasion because why did 343i randomly shoot down Invasion knowing how much of a demand for that game type there was? To compensate with something much larger in scale that's why at least in my mind :p
Precisely my assumption.
I want to thank every single Elite supporter we have here that has shared their voice and hope for Elites in a future Halo's Multiplayer for two and a half years in over 500 pages and 10,000 posts. 500 pages with 10,000 posts in almost three years, that is fantastic! With E3 just four days away, we may finally get our wish. Come October 27th, we may finally be able to walk among Spartans in the War Games as Sangheili. when 343i unveils Elites in Halo 5's Multiplayer, (cough cough new game mode) we will all stand, yell, and cry in joy, and we will all rejoice as our prayers will have finally been answered. We will all remember Monday, June 15, 2015, the day Elites officially returned to Halo Multiplayer. We're almost there my brothers, we're almost there. So continue to stand tall, continue to stand strong, continue stand proud and continue to share your voice and spread our cause. Our glory, our moment of truth (and the Arbiter's return) is at hand. Glory to the Arbiter! Glory to the Sangheili! And Glory to all of you

Thanks again to all who have kept this thread alive, see you at E3. The wait will be over ;)
I hope this true guys.
I reckon we will get playable elites again, and they will look like the swords of sanghelios, which are more akin to Halo 2 elites. Perhaps we might even get to play as a third species, in the form of promethean soldiers.
Gigamora wrote:
I reckon we will get playable elites again, and they will look like the swords of sanghelios, which are more akin to Halo 2 elites. Perhaps we might even get to play as a third species, in the form of promethean soldiers.
343i could also give us the Covenant's armours with the other phenotype thus effectively resulting in the appearance of your Sangheili changing depending on model. I'd love that.
treycen777 wrote:
I bet Sangheili will be in all of MP except for Arena MM.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 499
  4. 500
  5. 501
  6. 502
  7. 503
  8. ...
  9. 896