4. 547
  5. 548
  6. 549
  7. 550
  8. ...
  9. 965
Rhydon65 wrote:
Mawyle wrote:
Just tired of 343i not listening to us when it comes to the small features.
If 343 listened to everyone's requests, the game they put out would be an unmitigated disaster.
There are a lot of requests for Halo 5, and we have only one: playable Elites. That's not unreasonable, especially considering that it has been done 3 times before.
That's kinda my point though. You guys want Elites. Others want dual wielding. Others want X. Others want Y. Others want Z. And, and, and, etc.

Not everyone can get what they want even though their wants seem reasonable on paper. If 343 listened to everyone, the game would be a cluster of epic proportions.
Yeah, but their threads don't have 547 pages. :-)
Yeah, but this isn't a thread, it's an echo chamber.

It's early in the console cycle. We all know how that goes. I'm sure 343 has learned a lot while developing Halo 5 and I'm sure elites in Halo 6 will be a much more obtainable goal. Fingers crossed!
Or post-launch, it's small chance, but hey some people want elites sooner.
No, you're right. I just don't want to get my hopes up for that. I'm very skeptical when it comes to elites being added to Halo 5 post launch. I just don't see it happening.
I think you might of spelled wrong, wrong. Lol
I meant to say that you're right: there is a possibility that it could come out post-launch, but I just don't want to get my hopes up for that. I just don't see it happening.
Oh.
Rhydon65 wrote:
Mawyle wrote:
If 343 listened to everyone's requests, the game they put out would be an unmitigated disaster.
There are a lot of requests for Halo 5, and we have only one: playable Elites. That's not unreasonable, especially considering that it has been done 3 times before.
That's kinda my point though. You guys want Elites. Others want dual wielding. Others want X. Others want Y. Others want Z. And, and, and, etc.

Not everyone can get what they want even though their wants seem reasonable on paper. If 343 listened to everyone, the game would be a cluster of epic proportions.
What makes us different from the people who want dual wielding and/or other mechanics is this thread. It's been around since Halo 4's time and it's still going, with different users voicing their opinions throughout the hundreds of pages. Not every post represents the number of people who support this cause, but it does represent our determination.

It's also worth mentioning that things like skins and variations for weapons and vehicles were added to the game, yet I've never seen anyone request it. I understand that 343 is adding what they want to the game, but if it's at the expense of what the fans want then there's going to be trouble.
Rhydon65 wrote:
Rhydon65 wrote:
Mawyle wrote:

What makes us different from the people who want dual wielding and/or other mechanics is this thread. It's been around since Halo 4's time and it's still going, with different users voicing their opinions throughout the hundreds of pages. Not every post represents the number of people who support this cause, but it does represent our determination.

It's also worth mentioning that things like skins and variations for weapons and vehicles were added to the game, yet I've never seen anyone request it. I understand that 343 is adding what they want to the game, but if it's at the expense of what the fans want then there's going to be trouble.
I agree with Rhydon65. (Our thread is at the top!!!!!)
Rhydon65 wrote:
Rhydon65 wrote:
Mawyle wrote:

Dual wielding takes a good amount of skill and a really good dual wielder will wreck you. 343i is trying to reduce the skill gap so anyone can pick up Halo. It is more about how they want to make noobs feel than anything else.
Rhydon65 wrote:
Mawyle wrote:

Very good point snicker :)
Thing is, there's over 10,000 replies to this thread, clearly it is causing a big stir in the waypoint forums, there has never been a thread with this many people demanding the return of elites, it's obviously something a decent portion of the community wants. Elites have already been in Halo, now 343i is just all "yeah we took away a feature you guys liked for no reason whatsoever, deal with it." It's kinda insulting.

There's people saying that they don't need to listen to our requests, but they claim they do, the only request 343i has ever listened too was removing classes.
No one asked for them to dumb down armor customization but they chose to do that, but thousands of people ask for elites and they completely ignore us.
Mawyle wrote:
Rhydon65 wrote:
Mawyle wrote:

Thing is, there's over 10,000 replies to this thread, clearly it is causing a big stir in the waypoint forums, there has never been a thread with this many people demanding the return of elites, it's obviously something a decent portion of the community wants. Elites have already been in Halo, now 343i is just all "yeah we took away a feature you guys liked for no reason whatsoever, deal with it." It's kinda insulting.

There's people saying that they don't need to listen to our requests, but they claim they do, the only request 343i has ever listened too was removing classes.
No one asked for them to dumb down armor customization but they chose to do that, but thousands of people ask for elites and they completely ignore us.
Indeed, they seem to be aware of it. So the only way this can be heard is by speaking with our wallets and not buy or play the game. That's what I'm doing. Not even the new forge will be enough.
Mawyle wrote:
Rhydon65 wrote:
Mawyle wrote:

Indeed, they seem to be aware of it. So the only way this can be heard is by speaking with our wallets and not buy or play the game. That's what I'm doing. Not even the new forge will be enough.
Agreed, my brother. If this is the only way to get 343's attention, so be it. It saddens my soul though, that it has come to this.
Mawyle wrote:
Rhydon65 wrote:
Mawyle wrote:

I'm sure that 343i very rarely go on the forums, so that conspiracy isn't to likely, especially when they are active on neogaf and Twitter.
Sangheili brethren, is their a Twitter or Facebook account for our community? If not, someone should create one.
Sangheili brethren, is their a Twitter or Facebook account for our community? If not, someone should create one.
I suggest making a neogaf account aswell if you guys really want a foothold.
Thanks. Now, I go to find out what neogaf is.
:-D
Give them hell marines.
I seriously wan't to not get Halo 5 due to lack of elites, but I really want to play the campaign, so I'm in quite the sticky situation.
Mawyle wrote:
Give them hell marines.
I seriously wan't to not get Halo 5 due to lack of elites, but I really want to play the campaign, so I'm in quite the sticky situation.
I know your conflictions, brother. The campaign looks 💯👍, but I still don't want to buy Halo 5 because of Elites. I guess I'll just go to my friend's house and play it their. If Elites were in fact added in as playable species, I would gladly buy the Xbox One and Halo 5, then the MCC.
As a pro-spartan player a someone who really wants to get into Machinima, it still feels like a horrid backtrack to not include playable elites. Seriously, why is this such an issue to add? A hood portion of the Halo community wants their pro-spartan jaw brethren to play with them if only to have a friendly banter of either ramming a shotgun down ones alien throat or running the other through with his sacred blade. Seriously, there could be tons more potential if playable elites were added.

You've already teased at spartan and elite teamwork...do we really need to wait for the lore of your PC to align before we get playable elites again? Bring back the splitting so I can run them through with their own swords and hear them complain about the heresy of it. (No but in all seriousness, I do miss a lot of my halo friends who play as elites and don't play now because there are none.)
"NeoGAF is a nexus of hardcore gamers, enthusiast press, and video game industry developers and publishers. This is a neutral ground where facts and evidence, presented within the confines of civil, inclusive discourse, prevail through careful moderation."

It also requires a PAID E-MAIL account to register. And if you think snickerdoodle is bad here, you don't want to go there.

Also, going to GAF won't help your "cause." It's a site for all games, not Halo.
0.0001% of me thinks that 343i is just joking about all the removed features from Halo5, and will surprise us with it on launch day. I may finally get to be myself again in Halo. Although, it's only 0.0001% of me.
I find it frustrating that of all the halo games, this one has a setting on Sangheilios, has a damn good forge, and has the potential to have everything else that our large portion of the community has dreamed of since it first started.. But they don't add playable Elites.. The Elite community is pretty big. It's the Yang. There is no Spartan community without the Elite Community.. Especially when it comes to clans. Ever since Halo 2, there has been 100's of both spartan and elite clans, until Halo 4.. I mean common, how many clans do you actually see on halo 4? I still see so many clans on Halo Reach today. The Elite's vs Spartans, Elites vs Elites, Spartans vs Spartans.. Elites x Spartans vs Spartans x Elites. It was all golden. The focus of just spartan's alone gets boring. Knowing that there was more in the past, and only one option today makes it dull. I think that it was a big part of why halo 4 got boring so quickly. At least.. That is how I see it. I only have two eyes, and I can't speak for the million.
I find it frustrating that of all the halo games, this one has a setting on Sangheilios, has a damn good forge, and has the potential to have everything else that our large portion of the community has dreamed of since it first started.. But they don't add playable Elites.. The Elite community is pretty big. It's the Yang. There is no Spartan community without the Elite Community.. Especially when it comes to clans. Ever since Halo 2, there has been 100's of both spartan and elite clans, until Halo 4.. I mean common, how many clans do you actually see on halo 4? I still see so many clans on Halo Reach today. The Elite's vs Spartans, Elites vs Elites, Spartans vs Spartans.. Elites x Spartans vs Spartans x Elites. It was all golden. The focus of just spartan's alone gets boring. Knowing that there was more in the past, and only one option today makes it dull. I think that it was a big part of why halo 4 got boring so quickly. At least.. That is how I see it. I only have two eyes, and I can't speak for the million.
Yes; indeed; agree; amen. I was especially shocked and flustered when I learned that the setting was Sanghelios.
Good idea. Something we can settle in, and pass on the word. I'd start with fellow players on xbox live. Just reach out through the entire media, and show how many people actually want this to be a reality.
I'll be really mad if they release playable sangheili a month after H5 as $10 DLC or something. Admittedly, I'd probably still buy it though.

Also, "canonical matchmaking experience?" That's ridiculous - I think things like sprint regen delay only apply in multiplayer (Based on the Swords of Sangheilios campaign demo), making it completely out of place canonically. How are playable sangheili any different?

And yes, I'm going to insist on using the actual species name instead of the term "elites."
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 546
  4. 547
  5. 548
  6. 549
  7. 550
  8. ...
  9. 965