2. ...
  3. 547
  4. 548
  5. 549
  6. 550
  7. 551
  8. ...
  9. 964
Here's my idea: give us playable Elites in the non-competitive playlists. Don't stop there either, give us Brutes and armigers as well. Would be cool and if restricted to casual playlists would not interfere with balancing.
I want playable Elites in Halo 5, Halo is just not the same without them.
Here's my idea: give us playable Elites in the non-competitive playlists. Don't stop there either, give us Brutes and armigers as well. Would be cool and if restricted to casual playlists would not interfere with balancing.
And add a competitive playlist for Sangheili players. That way, we can still have fun.
Personally, I'd do it like Invasion in Reach but make it to where anything goes in Customs (as long as the party leader allows it).

I'd rather leave Sangheili out of standard Matchmaking modes because it'd cause more problems than it would solve, but I feel like you should be able to do whatever you want in private matches. Plus, I really liked the asymmetric Spartans vs. Elites rivalry dynamic in Invasion.

It was cool to have the little nuances like different health and abilities, and how Elite armor showed the wearer how to lead shots with plasma weapons and whatnot.
Well damn, there you are again.

I'll be really mad if they release playable sangheili a month after H5 as $10 DLC or something. Admittedly, I'd probably still buy it though.

Also, "canonical matchmaking experience?" That's ridiculous - I think things like sprint regen delay only apply in multiplayer (Based on the Swords of Sangheilios campaign demo), making it completely out of place canonically. How are playable sangheili any different?

And yes, I'm going to insist on using the actual species name instead of the term "elites."
The thing is that Sangheili in Matchmaking might as well already be canon so that's no excuse for them either. I mean, I could bring Halo Online and that Canon Fodder thing up again...
I still suggest it'd only be fair if Sangheili get their own competitive playlist, that way we can still have fun and not feel like high school freaks only allowed at school parties and not cool kids' ones. Agreement?
That would be idea, but really, nobody would care about their competitive side unless you just mean normal matchmaking besides Warzone.
BTW, a big thanks to everyone who signed the ---I pm'ed everyone to sign. Really helps our cause for playable Sangheili again. If I didn't have you help, and you want to, pm me.
Why not just post a link here? Or does Waypoint not like that?
Why not just post a link here? Or does Waypoint not like that?
Waypoint doesn't allow petitions.
Dah Beetis wrote:
Rhydon65 wrote:
Rhydon65 wrote:
Mawyle wrote:
Just tired of 343i not listening to us when it comes to the small features.
If 343 listened to everyone's requests, the game they put out would be an unmitigated disaster.
There are a lot of requests for Halo 5, and we have only one: playable Elites. That's not unreasonable, especially considering that it has been done 3 times before.
That's kinda my point though. You guys want Elites. Others want dual wielding. Others want X. Others want Y. Others want Z. And, and, and, etc.
Not everyone can get what they want even though their wants seem reasonable on paper. If 343 listened to everyone, the game would be a cluster of epic proportions.
What makes us different from the people who want dual wielding and/or other mechanics is this thread. It's been around since Halo 4's time and it's still going, with different users voicing their opinions throughout the hundreds of pages. Not every post represents the number of people who support this cause, but it does represent our determination.
It's also worth mentioning that things like skins and variations for weapons and vehicles were added to the game, yet I've never seen anyone request it. I understand that 343 is adding what they want to the game, but if it's at the expense of what the fans want then there's going to be trouble.
Dual wielding takes a good amount of skill and a really good dual wielder will wreck you. 343i is trying to reduce the skill gap so anyone can pick up Halo. It is more about how they want to make noobs feel than anything else.
sorry waypoint is messing up you can delete this post
Dah Beetis wrote:
Rhydon65 wrote:
Rhydon65 wrote:
Mawyle wrote:
If 343 listened to everyone's requests, the game they put out would be an unmitigated disaster.
There are a lot of requests for Halo 5, and we have only one: playable Elites. That's not unreasonable, especially considering that it has been done 3 times before.
That's kinda my point though. You guys want Elites. Others want dual wielding. Others want X. Others want Y. Others want Z. And, and, and, etc.

Not everyone can get what they want even though their wants seem reasonable on paper. If 343 listened to everyone, the game would be a cluster of epic proportions.
What makes us different from the people who want dual wielding and/or other mechanics is this thread. It's been around since Halo 4's time and it's still going, with different users voicing their opinions throughout the hundreds of pages. Not every post represents the number of people who support this cause, but it does represent our determination.

It's also worth mentioning that things like skins and variations for weapons and vehicles were added to the game, yet I've never seen anyone request it. I understand that 343 is adding what they want to the game, but if it's at the expense of what the fans want then there's going to be trouble.
Dual wielding takes a good amount of skill and a really good dual wielder will wreck you. 343i is trying to reduce the skill gap so anyone can pick up Halo. It is more about how they want to make noobs feel than anything else.
Exactly man that is Josh Holmes ideology when it comes to mp design its funny because Bungies ideology in the original trilogy was easy to pick up and play and hard to master, while 343's seems easy to pick up and play and easy to master. In the beta i wrecked easily more often than not, compared to the OG trilogy that's mostly because the bullet magnetism is so big. It's funny 343 reduced the auto aim which is good but they increased the magnetism or didn't reduce it in first place. Hopefully they reduced it so people actually have to have good aim to hit someone.
P.S. I am not bashing J.Holmes or 343 I just don't agree with his and their mp design philosophy.
Well damn, there you are again.

I'll be really mad if they release playable sangheili a month after H5 as $10 DLC or something. Admittedly, I'd probably still buy it though.

Also, "canonical matchmaking experience?" That's ridiculous - I think things like sprint regen delay only apply in multiplayer (Based on the Swords of Sangheilios campaign demo), making it completely out of place canonically. How are playable sangheili any different?

And yes, I'm going to insist on using the actual species name instead of the term "elites."
The thing is that Sangheili in Matchmaking might as well already be canon so that's no excuse for them either. I mean, I could bring Halo Online and that Canon Fodder thing up again...
Fancy meeting you again the day after we met online, Kusa. Lol!

Look, if we are going to group together, we might as well stick to one group only with a good name for this act. Everyone of us would have to spread the word on all media's. starting with Xbox live. Promoting something like this would have to be symbolic, and relate to the current events. I figured it would be cool to call it the Swords of Sangheilios act.. Where all of us in our underestimated massive numbered community would take up the sense of professionalism, and team up to... "protest." A gathering of clans if you will. Does that make sense? It's going to take a lot more to be heard, than signing a simple petition.

We can explain that the Sangheili avatars can fit very well in the multiplayer experience while the Competitive players will experience no change, for they have their own.. Domain.. The Halo fandom is split into two half's. One is the Competitive side. The other is the classical. ( Maybe classic isn't the best word, but it's the best I got.). They can't just focus on one side, because the other will slowly die off to a dwarf community.
Dah Beetis wrote:
Rhydon65 wrote:
Rhydon65 wrote:
Mawyle wrote:

I'm late to this but uh, you realize that Bungie removed dual wielding, right? Not 343?
Dah Beetis wrote:
Rhydon65 wrote:
Rhydon65 wrote:
Mawyle wrote:

I'm late to this but uh, you realize that Bungie removed dual wielding, right? Not 343?
Yeah, and by Dah's logic, Bungie also wants to reduce the skill gap also so any can pick up and play halo.
Mawyle wrote:
Rhydon65 wrote:
Mawyle wrote:

Very good point snicker :)
Thing is, there's over 10,000 replies to this thread, clearly it is causing a big stir in the waypoint forums, there has never been a thread with this many people demanding the return of elites, it's obviously something a decent portion of the community wants. Elites have already been in Halo, now 343i is just all "yeah we took away a feature you guys liked for no reason whatsoever, deal with it." It's kinda insulting.

There's people saying that they don't need to listen to our requests, but they claim they do, the only request 343i has ever listened too was removing classes.
No one asked for them to dumb down armor customization but they chose to do that, but thousands of people ask for elites and they completely ignore us.
Indeed, they seem to be aware of it. So the only way this can be heard is by speaking with our wallets and not buy or play the game. That's what I'm doing. Not even the new forge will be enough.
I'm not one to tell others how to play a game or how to have fun but you are going to be missing out on a lot just because you can't play as an Elite that you can't even see until you die or get in a vehicle.

343 is too big to be affected by a few people that decide not to buy the game. It's like trying to boycott Mcdonald's. Even if every single person that replied in this thread were to not purchase the game, 343 wouldn't be affected by it at all.
I honestly don't see the big deal with dual-wielding. It just leads to those smaller weapons being mostly useless by themselves and/or too strong combined. Halo 5 not including it is fine with me.

This community really is too small. Haha
Trying to change anything 343 is doing still seems a little hopeless to me but it's always worth trying. I don't get my hopes up.
I honestly don't see the big deal with dual-wielding. It just leads to those smaller weapons being mostly useless by themselves and/or too strong combined. Halo 5 not including it is fine with me.

This community really is too small. Haha
Trying to change anything 343 is doing still seems a little hopeless to me but it's always worth trying. I don't get my hopes up.
I wanted dual wielding energy swords D; besides if they had that for forge I wouldn't mind it especially if they were variants and for custom games.
Mawyle wrote:
Rhydon65 wrote:
Mawyle wrote:

Thing is, there's over 10,000 replies to this thread, clearly it is causing a big stir in the waypoint forums, there has never been a thread with this many people demanding the return of elites, it's obviously something a decent portion of the community wants. Elites have already been in Halo, now 343i is just all "yeah we took away a feature you guys liked for no reason whatsoever, deal with it." It's kinda insulting.

There's people saying that they don't need to listen to our requests, but they claim they do, the only request 343i has ever listened too was removing classes.
No one asked for them to dumb down armor customization but they chose to do that, but thousands of people ask for elites and they completely ignore us.
Indeed, they seem to be aware of it. So the only way this can be heard is by speaking with our wallets and not buy or play the game. That's what I'm doing. Not even the new forge will be enough.
I'm not one to tell others how to play a game or how to have fun but you are going to be missing out on a lot just because you can't play as an Elite that you can't even see until you die or get in a vehicle.

343 is too big to be affected by a few people that decide not to buy the game. It's like trying to boycott Mcdonald's. Even if every single person that replied in this thread were to not purchase the game, 343 wouldn't be affected by it at all.
Whoa now there is a large Elite community that still loves Halo regardless but saying that them leaving won't affect the game at all is a big lie just like split screen users or Bungie purists our population got reduced and you have to realize that.
Mawyle wrote:
Rhydon65 wrote:
Mawyle wrote:

Whoa now there is a large Elite community that still loves Halo regardless but saying that them leaving won't affect the game at all is a big lie just like split screen users or Bungie purists our population got reduced and you have to realize that.
I'm sure there are lots of people who enjoyed playing as Elites (I was one of them, believe it or not) but how many of you are going to actually make a stand and not buy the game just because they didn't come back?

Lets assume that there are 10,000 people that won't buy Halo 5 because there are no playable Elites, which is not likely at all but lets just pretend there is. There are hundreds of thousands of gamers who buy and play each Halo game. Halo 4 (just an example) had about 400,000 people, at the same time, playing it's multiplayer in the first week. That's just multiplayer, not even counting Campaign. In this situation, not even 5% of the player-base has left due to Elites not returning.

I'm sorry but the Elite community just isn't as big as you think it is, at least not when you look at the bigger picture. Most Halo fans couldn't be bothered to care about playing as an Elite and I can tell you exactly why. It's because they offer nothing new or interesting. They are literally just a skin-swap with a broken hitbox. I understand that some people feel like they can't play as anything but an Elite, but then what do you have to say about Halo: CE? Halo has proven that it doesn't have to have playable Elites just to be a proper Halo game.

The truth is, Bungie added Elites into the multiplayer because resizing/porting an already existing playable model (The Arbiter) was easier than having to design completely new Spartan armor/helmet designs. It was a way to give players cosmetic variety in a cheap and easy way. Times have changed and now it is feasible to make multiple Spartan armor designs (175 to be exact) instead of having to lazily port over an already existing character model.

343 hasn't forgotten about the Sangheili, we just can't play as them. We are going to be interacting with the Arbiter in this Campaign and even go to the Sangheili home world.

As a player who loves Elites, does that not interest you? Seeing the Arbiter again? Exploring Sangheilios?
I'm sure there are lots of people who enjoyed playing as Elites (I was one of them, believe it or not) but how many of you are going to actually make a stand and not buy the game just because they didn't come back?

Lets assume that there are 10,000 people that won't buy Halo 5 because there are no playable Elites, which is not likely at all but lets just pretend there is. There are hundreds of thousands of gamers who buy and play each Halo game. Halo 4 (just an example) had about 400,000 people, at the same time, playing it's multiplayer in the first week. That's just multiplayer, not even counting Campaign. In this situation, not even 5% of the player-base has left due to Elites not returning.

I'm sorry but the Elite community just isn't as big as you think it is, at least not when you look at the bigger picture. Most Halo fans couldn't be bothered to care about playing as an Elite and I can tell you exactly why. It's because they offer nothing new or interesting. They are literally just a skin-swap with a broken hitbox. I understand that some people feel like they can't play as anything but an Elite, but then what do you have to say about Halo: CE? Halo has proven that it doesn't have to have playable Elites just to be a proper Halo game.

The truth is, Bungie added Elites into the multiplayer because resizing/porting an already existing playable model (The Arbiter) was easier than having to design completely new Spartan armor/helmet designs. It was a way to give players cosmetic variety in a cheap and easy way. Times have changed and now it is feasible to make multiple Spartan armor designs (175 to be exact) instead of having to lazily port over an already existing character model.

343 hasn't forgotten about the Sangheili, we just can't play as them. We are going to be interacting with the Arbiter in this Campaign and even go to the Sangheili home world.

As a player who loves Elites, does that not interest you? Seeing the Arbiter again? Exploring Sangheilios?
Mostly agreed, although Halo CE is hardly a valid point. It's the extremely old predecessor to that was hardly made with multiplayer in mind. And no, using the Elite player model in Halo 2's multiplayer was in no way lazy on Bungie's part or an excuse not to have extra Spartan customization. You're saying it's easier to get Elites in multiplayer because the Arbiter is playable in Campaign, while Spartans are obviously already made in multiplayer. It wouldn't take near as much work making an extra armor variant instead of making Elites work as well.

I'm sure everyone in here is interested in what Halo 5 will bring with the setting for part of the game being on Sangheilios, but that's not exactly a nice trade.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 547
  4. 548
  5. 549
  6. 550
  7. 551
  8. ...
  9. 964