5. 557
  6. 558
  7. 559
  8. ...
  9. 924
Agreed as well, BRING THEM BACK. *cries*
Who is still on Reach?
Who is still on Reach?
I'll play it a lot on backwards compatibility.
Mawyle wrote:
Who is still on Reach?
You must have a special Xbox then... I popped it in my Xbox One yesterday and was so excited, and it tells me it wasn't compatible.
PolyG3D wrote:
Mawyle wrote:
Who is still on Reach?
You must have a special Xbox then... I popped it in my Xbox One yesterday and was so excited, and it tells me it wasn't compatible.
He said "I'll" not "I". Future tense.
IMR4N4T0R wrote:
PolyG3D wrote:
Mawyle wrote:
Who is still on Reach?
He said "I'll" not "I". Future tense.
Oh
So 343 didn't include playable Sangheili at release, but what about later down the line? 343 said they couldn't work on it right away but now they could. Now you're probably wondering "How will 343 balance the two races? Or will it just be an elite skin but with spartan abilities?" Well here's my solution; They could do what they did in reach a bit, Elites were faster, had stronger melee, higher jump and stronger shields, however they were big and easy to spot. And instead of spartan abilities the Sangheili have these abilities to replace them:
Sprint=Sprint. Duh
Clamber- Climb. Duh again
Spartan Slide and Thruster Pack=Elite Evade. Basically they can do parkour rolls instead of slide
Spartan Slam: Sangheili Slash. Elites would use their famed strength to rush their foes and the animation is them drawing an energy dagger and slash at their foes.
Ground Pound=???? I know 343 can come up with something to help even out the Sangheili and Spartans.
What do you guys think?
A Ground Pound, Elites are still heavy, seeing how they can push someone (well looks like a Spartan too according to a Reach assassination) for a well placed energy dagger...

Really, the melee attack that trigger the assassination is the one who push the character on the ground but don't seem to inflict any damage.
If everyone apparently wants to play as an Elite, then why am I usually the only one who plays as one in MCC Matchmaking? I've literally seen less than 5 other Elites.
(Thank This Post)
If everyone apparently wants to play as an Elite, then why am I usually the only one who plays as one in MCC Matchmaking? I've literally seen less than 5 other Elites.
I always played as an Elite, and why does it matter? It's clearly wanted back, it was used in many machinima's and by people who just want to be a dino. I love being an elite.
Mawyle wrote:
I always played as an Elite, and why does it matter? It's clearly wanted back, it was used in many machinima's and by people who just want to be a dino. I love being an elite.
I don't plan on reading anything but the OP and last page of this thread because of how little interest i have in playing as an elite, but seeing this many posts, in it makes me feel like its just because people have been arguing for them to come back or not.

I personally would be pretty peeved if they put them back in. I just dont want the whole hit box difference or else id be fine with it, but its not even that simple. They look different and you feel like you have to shoot them differently, and it also just looks silly to see them in MP.

Truth is though, when you do see people as elites, theyre usually bad at the game and are easy kills.

After thinking about it, theres no reason to ruin someones enjoyment of the elites if thats what they really want, but dont allow them in arena please.
Do not create/use alternate accounts to bypass forum bans.

Spoiler:
Show
Bring back the Elites!!!!!!!
Do not create/use alternate accounts to bypass forum bans.

Spoiler:
Show
Still don't really like the Reach way, both Halo 2 and Halo 3 were good.

Sure Elites added in Halo 5 would be cool but only in custom games ? You kidding, that's not enough at all.

And Elite-only matchmaking games aren't just a copy of the Spartan one where they are only different because of the armor ability, they are slayer with different starting weapons... these modes are cool anyway.

Elites don't need to have the same jump, etc... do I need to say "Invasion" again ?
Still don't really like the Reach way, both Halo 2 and Halo 3 were good.

Sure Elites added in Halo 5 would be cool but only in custom games ? You kidding, that's not enough at all.

And Elite-only matchmaking games aren't just a copy of the Spartan one where they are only different because of the armor ability, they are slayer with different starting weapons... these modes are cool anyway.

Elites don't need to have the same jump, etc... do I need to say "Invasion" again ?
I agree with you, but beggars can't be choosers. We're begging and demanding 343 to bring back Elites; let's not get too persnickety. That's why I believe the Reach method would suffice.
I would agree if a thread asking for playable Elites at CE time but that's not the case.

Halo 2 method is simple, you mix everyone, I don't really want to play Elites in custom lobby only, that would be stupid anyway, they went so far by adding Elites and they can't add them to matchmaking ? That would be the next question.

They have to stop with that esport and competitive thing sometimes, just calm down.
It's just that the Halo 2 Elites were not the true Sangheili we know and love. We Sangheili are a mighty, unstoppable force to be reckoned with. Being smushed down into a Spartan hitbox and being lowered to their power; it dishonors our true power. Reach knew our true capabilities and provided for us. I'm not saying I don't want Sangheili in Matchmaking, but if they weren't I wouldn't cry. I'd just play custom games and Firefight.
I always liked Halo 2 Elites, you can wear the right colors, a mix of any rank color + steel, only Zealot seem of use gold two times instead of gold + steel.

I like the way Reach Elites are, unique, ever played an Infection map where you couldn't continue with Spartans players ? This is your story, along your brothers, I like this (those maps still bother me) .

That would be cool to play on a map with Elite only paths.

The Firefight is cool, that reminds a 2v2 generator defense game without A.I. , Spartans still have the Warthog the Pelican bring on the map, Elites are shot by the Pelican, that's funny.

And with Invasion I realise... the gametype don't work very well without loadouts and those ones could be better...

Okay they should work like that : once you pick a loadout this one must reload before being available, loadout with power weapons are slow, normal weapons reload very fast/don't need to reload.

The maps themselves could be great if Bungie allowed all three Shades in Forge, with UNSC turrets for Spartans (the same ones from ODST) , even if the anti air Shade overpower everything in the game (destroy a Scorpion tank like 2/3 seconds lol) .
I always liked Halo 2 Elites, you can wear the right colors, a mix of any rank color + steel, only Zealot seem of use gold two times instead of gold + steel.

I like the way Reach Elites are, unique, ever played an Infection map where you couldn't continue with Spartans players ? This is your story, along your brothers, I like this (those maps still bother me) .

That would be cool to play on a map with Elite only paths.

The Firefight is cool, that reminds a 2v2 generator defense game without A.I. , Spartans still have the Warthog the Pelican bring on the map, Elites are shot by the Pelican, that's funny.

And with Invasion I realise... the gametype don't work very well without loadouts and those ones could be better...

Okay they should work like that : once you pick a loadout this one must reload before being available, loadout with power weapons are slow, normal weapons reload very fast/don't need to reload.

The maps themselves could be great if Bungie allowed all three Shades in Forge, with UNSC turrets for Spartans (the same ones from ODST) , even if the anti air Shade overpower everything in the game (destroy a Scorpion tank like 2/3 seconds lol) .
Agreed
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 555
  4. 556
  5. 557
  6. 558
  7. 559
  8. ...
  9. 924