3. 587
  4. 588
  5. 589
  6. 590
  7. 591
  8. ...
  9. 904
Quote:
For love of (insert deity) people enough about height!
Deity is an ... uncomfortable subject in this Age, brother. Agreed, however.
You know what guys; this was the op's last ever post before he mysteriously disappeared. This is on page 375, I wonder how he's doing.
That was a lot to read.
? Did you read every single page on this thread? If so I salute you for taking the time to do it.

Edit: reading back through the last two pages I'm really hoping I don't get spam banned. I thought people were replying why I looked through the old pages of this thread.
Quote:
You know what guys; this was the op's last ever post before he mysteriously disappeared. This is on page 375, I wonder how he's doing.
Yeah where is he?
Quote:
Yeah where is he?
No idea but I hope he's doing well.
Quote:
Yeah where is he?
oh matman where art thou
nekrulz wrote:
Quote:
Yeah where is he?
oh matman where art thou
MattMan come home!
nekrulz wrote:
Quote:
Yeah where is he?
oh matman where art thou
MattMan come home!
Wait maybe this is all part of a grand plan? Maybe matman will not be able to return to us until elites are back.
nekrulz wrote:
Quote:
Yeah where is he?
oh matman where art thou
MattMan come home!
Wait maybe this is all part of a grand plan? Maybe matman will not be able to return to us until elites are back.
That's kind of funny actually

Not in a bad way lol
nekrulz wrote:
Quote:
Yeah where is he?
oh matman where art thou
MattMan come home!
That's kind of funny actually

Not in a bad way lol
It could be a magical curse that haunts his life until elites return. And now this nerd moment is over.
I have a feeling they'll return in Halo 6, mostly because I doubt they'd ignore us after seeing this thread blowing up even more than it ever has before.
Please keep on topic, thanks.
but what is the topic after so long?
J0b R wrote:
Please keep on topic, thanks.
but what is the topic after so long?
The main topic is just getting playable elites. The secondary topic is talking about the supposed advantages and the many known disadvantages.
I'm new as hell to this forum, but I am compelled to state my opinion, so I decided to type this (on the XBOX One). I've grown up playing Halo 1, 2, and 3. I've played missions thousands of times (Halo CE and 2 mostly), I've bought all the books, played all the games. I consider Halo to be the single greatest game-series to ever exist. It's not like I'm some noob who doesn't understand the game, lore, and community. Ever since Halo 2, I've loved the Covenant, I've loved the Sangheili. I've spent more than a few hours studying the lore, and I've gained a deep understanding and respect for them. I don't play as a Sangheili because they look cool, nor because I want something new. When I play as Sangheili, I appretiate and cherish the experience. It's a Halo experince. It's truly unique and wonderful. I see my hands/forearm, an alien UI, and I see myself in vehicles. I can play Halo 2 or Invasion, and can feel myself vanquish the enemies of the Covenant. The betrayal by the Jiralhanae and San'Shyuum, the fall of Reach, the destruction of the Halos. The sights and emotions with all I've put in, it matters to me. I truly feel like an honorable Sangeili warrior. It's what makes Halo special to me, what makes it so unique. I was devastated when Halo 4 dropped playable Sangheili. Is it that -Yoinking!- hard to say "After the truce, Sangheili were allowed to join the UNSC and participate in training." Call the armor traditional or ceremonial. It's not like you're not pulling lore out of your -Yoink- and making it up as you go. After the Librarian's "everything you've done was actually an secret ancient plan" cliché... ok, I need to stop complaining. What I'm trying to say is that Sangheili are an important part to Halo, so please, just bring them back eventually. I've memorized the dialog to most of the Arbiter missions, this is not ok. I know you guys arent Bungie, but god dammit please don't shun the things that made Halo special, especially now that Halo is dying. Halo 4 and 5's campain was terrible, loadouts are from Call of Duty, and Warzone is obviously just Battlefield's Conquest, but with the worst balancing since the CE magnum. Please, keep going forward, but please also look back, respect what Halo is, or was, and to learn from past mistakes. Bring playable Sangheili back for the sake of Halo, its past, and more importantly, its future. (Hands hurt now)
I'm new as hell to this forum, but I am compelled to state my opinion, so I decided to type this (on the XBOX One). I've grown up playing Halo 1, 2, and 3. I've played missions thousands of times (Halo CE and 2 mostly), I've bought all the books, played all the games. I consider Halo to be the single greatest game-series to ever exist. It's not like I'm some noob who doesn't understand the game, lore, and community. Ever since Halo 2, I've loved the Covenant, I've loved the Sangheili. I've spent more than a few hours studying the lore, and I've gained a deep understanding and respect for them. I don't play as a Sangheili because they look cool, nor because I want something new. When I play as Sangheili, I appretiate and cherish the experience. It's a Halo experince. It's truly unique and wonderful. I see my hands/forearm, an alien UI, and I see myself in vehicles. I can play Halo 2 or Invasion, and can feel myself vanquish the enemies of the Covenant. The betrayal by the Jiralhanae and San'Shyuum, the fall of Reach, the destruction of the Halos. The sights and emotions with all I've put in, it matters to me. I truly feel like an honorable Sangeili warrior. It's what makes Halo special to me, what makes it so unique. I was devastated when Halo 4 dropped playable Sangheili. Is it that -Yoinking!- hard to say "After the truce, Sangheili were allowed to join the UNSC and participate in training." Call the armor traditional or ceremonial. It's not like you're not pulling lore out of your -Yoink- and making it up as you go. After the Librarian's "everything you've done was actually an secret ancient plan" cliché... ok, I need to stop complaining. What I'm trying to say is that Sangheili are an important part to Halo, so please, just bring them back eventually. I've memorized the dialog to most of the Arbiter missions, this is not ok. I know you guys arent Bungie, but god dammit please don't shun the things that made Halo special, especially now that Halo is dying. Halo 4 and 5's campain was terrible, loadouts are from Call of Duty, and Warzone is obviously just Battlefield's Conquest, but with the worst balancing since the CE magnum. Please, keep going forward, but please also look back, respect what Halo is, or was, and to learn from past mistakes. Bring playable Sangheili back for the sake of Halo, its past, and more importantly, its future. (Hands hurt now)
True words spoken by a true fan. It's my opinion that typically the oldest players and true fans of the lore are also Sangheili fans, whereas those younger folks who have not been fans from the start and are only interested in multiplayer hate them. Not saying there aren't those in between the two extremes.
a beautiful and respectable speech good sir
Maybe in halo 6 343 could add all the different elite phenotypes as customization options (hopefully there won't be any more sangheili racists by then lol)
Why do I want Sangheili so badly?

Machinima. Ever since Elites were removed... Machinima is all garbage unless you have CGI like RvB... BUT WE DON'T. WE HAVE NO ANTAGONISTS OR ELITES... OH MY GLORDY LORDY LORD... no elites. No good machinima and no Elite voice acting opportunities. Blargh.
Literally, the only con to adding Sangheili would be that 343i has to figure out how to balance it. It's not like adding animations for a new species is impossible, it's been in literally every console Halo since Halo 2 (Excluding ODST). For some reason it was dropped from Halo 4, even though lore makes it logical to have Sangheili within the UNSC. I would forgive 343i completely for H4 and the launch-state of MCC if they brought back Sangheili, and gave them half the amount of customization options as the Sprtans have now. That's how important Sangheili are to me in Halo. Even just the Reach-style Sangheili customization would be fine, although 343 can do better.

Now, to address the legitimate issue of balancing Snagheili. I am suggesting four major plans. If 343i listens to fans at all, I'm sure they know about the movement to bring Sangheili back, and they've likely considered it. Perhaps they just can't think of a good way to do it without messing it up. Caution is good, so let me suggest some ideas that could be used alone or combined to add Sangheili perfectly:

• Bring Invasion back. Invasion was wildly popular in Reach. It was a more-canon approach that was extremely fun, and in my opinion, the best way to add Sangheili. It would be fun to operate as the new Covenant, or even the Swords of Sanghelios if you make some weird variant or something like that.
- con: no cons, it'd just be a single unique playlist, see below for possible con.

• In MMORPGs, a system where up to a dozen species/classes are supported through expert balancing. If Sangheili were given some slight advantage over Spartans, it would make up for the larger Sangheili hit box. This also gives people a reason to chose a race, depending on which advantage they can use better. Competitive-play would likely stay Spartan-v-Spartan, although Sangheili-v-Sangheili could be possible.
- con: difficult to balance.

• If Invasion is too much like the (successful) Halos that Bungie made, then you can just make a different playlist, just for Sangheili. It would be two, Sangheili Slayer and Sangheili Arena. Sangheili Slayer would be just like slayer, but with split-lips, squids, krakens, blarg-blargs, whatever. Sangheili Arena would be like Arena, a mix of Slayer and objective-gametypes simply with Sangheili instead of Spartans.
- con: VERY small chance that arena is low-density.

• If Warzone is going to stay a thing, then just allowing Sangheili to have larger hit boxes without any advantage is still fine. Warzone is about as balanced as the Tower of Pisa, so no harm done. I would still play as a Sangheili given that.
- con: really, Warzone's already a mess, you can't make it worse. No con.

In a perfect world, we'd get a Halo where Sangheili Slayer, Sangheili Arena, and Invasion exist, and Sangheili have even a fourth of the customization-options that current Spartans do. I'm sure that would make Halo much more successful, and make up for the lackluster campaigns of the last two Halos.
Literally, the only con to adding Sangheili would be that 343i has to figure out how to balance it. It's not like adding animations for a new species is impossible, it's been in literally every console Halo since Halo 2 (Excluding ODST). For some reason it was dropped from Halo 4, even though lore makes it logical to have Sangheili within the UNSC. I would forgive 343i completely for H4 and the launch-state of MCC if they brought back Sangheili, and gave them half the amount of customization options as the Sprtans have now. That's how important Sangheili are to me in Halo. Even just the Reach-style Sangheili customization would be fine, although 343 can do better.

Now, to address the legitimate issue of balancing Snagheili. I am suggesting four major plans. If 343i listens to fans at all, I'm sure they know about the movement to bring Sangheili back, and they've likely considered it. Perhaps they just can't think of a good way to do it without messing it up. Caution is good, so let me suggest some ideas that could be used alone or combined to add Sangheili perfectly:

• Bring Invasion back. Invasion was wildly popular in Reach. It was a more-canon approach that was extremely fun, and in my opinion, the best way to add Sangheili. It would be fun to operate as the new Covenant, or even the Swords of Sanghelios if you make some weird variant or something like that.
- con: no cons, it'd just be a single unique playlist, see below for possible con.

• In MMORPGs, a system where up to a dozen species/classes are supported through expert balancing. If Sangheili were given some slight advantage over Spartans, it would make up for the larger Sangheili hit box. This also gives people a reason to chose a race, depending on which advantage they can use better. Competitive-play would likely stay Spartan-v-Spartan, although Sangheili-v-Sangheili could be possible.
- con: difficult to balance.

• If Invasion is too much like the (successful) Halos that Bungie made, then you can just make a different playlist, just for Sangheili. It would be two, Sangheili Slayer and Sangheili Arena. Sangheili Slayer would be just like slayer, but with split-lips, squids, krakens, blarg-blargs, whatever. Sangheili Arena would be like Arena, a mix of Slayer and objective-gametypes simply with Sangheili instead of Spartans.
- con: VERY small chance that arena is low-density.

• If Warzone is going to stay a thing, then just allowing Sangheili to have larger hit boxes without any advantage is still fine. Warzone is about as balanced as the Tower of Pisa, so no harm done. I would still play as a Sangheili given that.
- con: really, Warzone's already a mess, you can't make it worse. No con.

In a perfect world, we'd get a Halo where Sangheili Slayer, Sangheili Arena, and Invasion exist, and Sangheili have even a fourth of the customization-options that current Spartans do. I'm sure that would make Halo much more successful, and make up for the lackluster campaigns of the last two Halos.
Agreed. Bring back elites!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 587
  4. 588
  5. 589
  6. 590
  7. 591
  8. ...
  9. 904