3. 588
  4. 589
  5. 590
  6. 591
  7. 592
  8. ...
  9. 904
BRING BACK ELITES. HAIL TO THE IMMORTAL THREAD
Literally, the only con to adding Sangheili would be that 343i has to figure out how to balance it. It's not like adding animations for a new species is impossible, it's been in literally every console Halo since Halo 2 (Excluding ODST). For some reason it was dropped from Halo 4, even though lore makes it logical to have Sangheili within the UNSC. I would forgive 343i completely for H4 and the launch-state of MCC if they brought back Sangheili, and gave them half the amount of customization options as the Sprtans have now. That's how important Sangheili are to me in Halo. Even just the Reach-style Sangheili customization would be fine, although 343 can do better.

Now, to address the legitimate issue of balancing Snagheili. I am suggesting four major plans. If 343i listens to fans at all, I'm sure they know about the movement to bring Sangheili back, and they've likely considered it. Perhaps they just can't think of a good way to do it without messing it up. Caution is good, so let me suggest some ideas that could be used alone or combined to add Sangheili perfectly:

• Bring Invasion back. Invasion was wildly popular in Reach. It was a more-canon approach that was extremely fun, and in my opinion, the best way to add Sangheili. It would be fun to operate as the new Covenant, or even the Swords of Sanghelios if you make some weird variant or something like that.
- con: no cons, it'd just be a single unique playlist, see below for possible con.

• In MMORPGs, a system where up to a dozen species/classes are supported through expert balancing. If Sangheili were given some slight advantage over Spartans, it would make up for the larger Sangheili hit box. This also gives people a reason to chose a race, depending on which advantage they can use better. Competitive-play would likely stay Spartan-v-Spartan, although Sangheili-v-Sangheili could be possible.
- con: difficult to balance.

• If Invasion is too much like the (successful) Halos that Bungie made, then you can just make a different playlist, just for Sangheili. It would be two, Sangheili Slayer and Sangheili Arena. Sangheili Slayer would be just like slayer, but with split-lips, squids, krakens, blarg-blargs, whatever. Sangheili Arena would be like Arena, a mix of Slayer and objective-gametypes simply with Sangheili instead of Spartans.
- con: VERY small chance that arena is low-density.

• If Warzone is going to stay a thing, then just allowing Sangheili to have larger hit boxes without any advantage is still fine. Warzone is about as balanced as the Tower of Pisa, so no harm done. I would still play as a Sangheili given that.
- con: really, Warzone's already a mess, you can't make it worse. No con.

In a perfect world, we'd get a Halo where Sangheili Slayer, Sangheili Arena, and Invasion exist, and Sangheili have even a fourth of the customization-options that current Spartans do. I'm sure that would make Halo much more successful, and make up for the lackluster campaigns of the last two Halos.
If they can bring back playable Elites in the biggest, baddest way possible, I say do it. If all they can manage is the bare minimum, I say do it. It doesn't matter to me if they're available in one gamemode or all of them. It doesn't matter if they have "Elite" Abilities, or just a copy-paste of Spartan Abilities. It doesn't matter if they have just as much customization options as do the Spartans, or if they only have a limited amount of armor sets. It does not matter as long as Elites are playable in Halo 5's multiplayer. That's all we want.

And is that really too much to ask for?
i'd like to play with sangheili again
Literally, the only con to adding Sangheili would be that 343i has to figure out how to balance it. It's not like adding animations for a new species is impossible, it's been in literally every console Halo since Halo 2 (Excluding ODST). For some reason it was dropped from Halo 4, even though lore makes it logical to have Sangheili within the UNSC. I would forgive 343i completely for H4 and the launch-state of MCC if they brought back Sangheili, and gave them half the amount of customization options as the Sprtans have now. That's how important Sangheili are to me in Halo. Even just the Reach-style Sangheili customization would be fine, although 343 can do better.

Now, to address the legitimate issue of balancing Snagheili. I am suggesting four major plans. If 343i listens to fans at all, I'm sure they know about the movement to bring Sangheili back, and they've likely considered it. Perhaps they just can't think of a good way to do it without messing it up. Caution is good, so let me suggest some ideas that could be used alone or combined to add Sangheili perfectly:

• Bring Invasion back. Invasion was wildly popular in Reach. It was a more-canon approach that was extremely fun, and in my opinion, the best way to add Sangheili. It would be fun to operate as the new Covenant, or even the Swords of Sanghelios if you make some weird variant or something like that.
- con: no cons, it'd just be a single unique playlist, see below for possible con.

• In MMORPGs, a system where up to a dozen species/classes are supported through expert balancing. If Sangheili were given some slight advantage over Spartans, it would make up for the larger Sangheili hit box. This also gives people a reason to chose a race, depending on which advantage they can use better. Competitive-play would likely stay Spartan-v-Spartan, although Sangheili-v-Sangheili could be possible.
- con: difficult to balance.

• If Invasion is too much like the (successful) Halos that Bungie made, then you can just make a different playlist, just for Sangheili. It would be two, Sangheili Slayer and Sangheili Arena. Sangheili Slayer would be just like slayer, but with split-lips, squids, krakens, blarg-blargs, whatever. Sangheili Arena would be like Arena, a mix of Slayer and objective-gametypes simply with Sangheili instead of Spartans.
- con: VERY small chance that arena is low-density.

• If Warzone is going to stay a thing, then just allowing Sangheili to have larger hit boxes without any advantage is still fine. Warzone is about as balanced as the Tower of Pisa, so no harm done. I would still play as a Sangheili given that.
- con: really, Warzone's already a mess, you can't make it worse. No con.

In a perfect world, we'd get a Halo where Sangheili Slayer, Sangheili Arena, and Invasion exist, and Sangheili have even a fourth of the customization-options that current Spartans do. I'm sure that would make Halo much more successful, and make up for the lackluster campaigns of the last two Halos.
Invasion was a fun gametype. I played customs most of the time though since I couldn't be an Elite much otherwise.
I wouldn't mind seeing 343 add in mobile bases like "invade the covenant supercarrier from the UNSC frigate by piloting over a pelican and avoiding the incoming phantoms". It'd be fun to actually direct the two giant ships right next to each other to have an evolving scenario. Though this scenario would feel like Halo because you don't see a bunch of Spartans waving at you from the other team, no, you see the enemy Sangheili (Covenant) pulling out the big guns to blow you down back to the hellish planet's surface, yet your brothers and sisters both Spartans and Elites (Swords of Sanghelios) are ready for a fight.

Balance is a long annoying topic that always comes up. It's from what I've seen the biggest reason why Elites aren't wanted by some back into MM. It's always about hit-box and blah blah blah. Elites have a bigger hit-box it means an easier kill with an AR, and more room to shoot in at the head from far away. If a Spartan is right next to the Elite and can't even see the Elite's head, well their both probably going to punch each other. If we want to get included in competitive arena Vs Spartans then 343 can just shrink down the Elite models, give them some lore and make sure everything fits nicely so people don't have a reason to complain about balance even though they'll continue to do so anyway. Maybe they'll find another idea to balance them. Either way I'd rather have Elites included in all playlists then limited to only some.

Warzone I find to be pretty fun with all of it's imbalance. It'd be interesting to see 343 expand on the idea and add in all known species as playable in this playlist.
As long as I get Elites back I couldn't care less if they gave me no armor whatsoever to play with. Just my nearly naked Elite is a start for me. Though I wouldn't mind some armor.
Great idea Albio Grunt!
Hopefully they return with the memories of reach update, and maybe we could get invasion back and a sanghelios map. Or as a throwback to the olden times maybe we could get a high charity map?
343 getting rid of playable Elites in the first place was stupid as -Yoink-. Elites were always fun to use and they're much more badass than Spartans anyway. I mean look at how beastly their armor and assassinations were in Halo Reach. My favorite one had to be when an Elite Spartan kicks a Spartan off the Spire.
343 getting rid of playable Elites in the first place was stupid as fuckk. Elites were always fun to use and they're much more badass than Spartans anyway. I mean look at how beastly their armor and assassinations were in Halo Reach. My favorite one had to be when an Elite Spartan kicks a Spartan off the Spire.
Dude quick fix your double k's before you get banned.
343 getting rid of playable Elites in the first place was stupid as fuckk. Elites were always fun to use and they're much more badass than Spartans anyway. I mean look at how beastly their armor and assassinations were in Halo Reach. My favorite one had to be when an Elite Spartan kicks a Spartan off the Spire.
Really you can get banned just for dropping an F bomb? Lol all right. That I didn't know. Though that does seem stupid given how the majority of Halo fans have been playing the series for a decade+.
Really you can get banned just for dropping an F bomb? Lol all right. That I didn't know. Though that does seem stupid given how the majority of Halo fans have been playing the series for a decade+.
You can get banned for bypassing the system word filter (personal experience) wanted to give you a warning.
Albio grunt might be on to something, but if I may also suggest.
ad deltie sin custom games mixed with Spartans. A typical slayer game type where both can play.
By the way the Arbiter in KI is awesome! Having the option to play with those kinds of animations (so combo Enders turn to assassinations) would be awesome!
By the way the Arbiter in KI is awesome! Having the option to play with those kinds of animations (so combo Enders turn to assassinations) would be awesome!
I watched some footage of it earlier, it looks sweet. It's a shame that elites aren't playable in their own game.
hoping for playable elites on memories of reach update. not getting my hopes up too much tho. glad we have infection confirmed (wish they were actual flood models)
Swords of Sanghelios update?! Please 343 Industries with Sangheili hitboxes. :)
Man to think this thread has lasted this long. Hopefully it will stay alive until Halo 6. An 343 will add in Elites because the armor is not going to cut it.
Can't wait to troll with El Flako Flees again and munch on mad bullets in Swat and MLG.
They should just ad them for unranked and warzone. I don't use them personally but I wouldn't mind them.
They should just ad them for unranked and warzone. I don't use them personally but I wouldn't mind them.
That's what I keep saying. I use them all the time.

Put them in unranked and warzone. People who keep worrying about balance will spend 24/7 on ranked matches online anyway.
This will last until we finally get them back, and when they do, Elites must return in style.
Oh Back in Black by AC/DC would so work as a tribute song to Elites returning in their teaser trailer
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 588
  4. 589
  5. 590
  6. 591
  7. 592
  8. ...
  9. 904