2. ...
  3. 590
  4. 591
  5. 592
  6. 593
  7. 594
  8. ...
  9. 904
Elites just arnt good for competitive gameplay. Spartans always had the edge on them.
Elites just arnt good for competitive gameplay. Spartans always had the edge on them.
now when you say competitive gameplay I'm going to take the stand points of ESL competitive gameplay and normal arena competitive gameplay

so with the ESL just don't have then playable at the tournaments

and normal arena hey that's just the risk they take when they play as them online
Seriously, another competitive consultation. We are fine with keeping them from competitive gamemodes. Just as long as we get Elites one day. Seriously this has been brought up way too much now.
now when you say competitive gameplay I'm going to take the stand points of ESL competitive gameplay and normal arena competitive gameplay

so with the ESL just don't have then playable at the tournaments

and normal arena hey that's just the risk they take when they play as them online
Because I'd want to play vs someone who handicapped themselves? Keep them in customs only, that or change their model to work with spartans, however model changes probably wouldn't be accepted by this "sangheli community". There's more to not having elites besides just the multiplayer as well, they're not the focal point of halo being a big one.
Seriously, another competitive consultation. We are fine with keeping them from competitive gamemodes. Just as long as we get Elites one day. Seriously this has been brought up way too much now.
I have to agree, People who keep brining this up assumes that we want Elites in all playlists including their ESL playlist which is NOT!!! what we are trying to do.
As long as Elites and Spartans can play together in the following
-Custom Games
-Forge
-Social Playlists
--Social Slayer
--Social Objective
--Social Infection
ect.
We won't have any problems.
Besides you competitive folks will spend about 24/7 in the ESL/MLG/Competitive playlists anyway. I don't even see why you think this solution would not work.

Also, Elites do have quite a major role in a lot of Halo.. Including lore, and other stuff. Besides Halo will never separate itself form games like cod as long as only humans are playable. Which I have to admit this is what made me not want to give Halo 5 a chance in the first place. I don't care what people say about me on this because its pointless to spend 60 dollars on a game that does not have what your looking for.
I have to agree, People who keep brining this up assumes that we want Elites in all playlists including their ESL playlist which is NOT!!! what we are trying to do.
-Custom Games
-Forge
-Social Playlists
--Social Slayer
--Social Objective
--Social Infection
ect.
Besides you competitive folks will spend about 24/7 in the ESL/MLG/Competitive playlists anyway. I don't even see why you think this solution would not work.

Also, Elites do have quite a major role in a lot of Halo.. Including lore, and other stuff. Besides Halo will never separate itself form games like cod as long as only humans are playable. Which I have to admit this is what made me not want to give Halo 5 a chance in the first place. I don't care what people say about me on this because its pointless to spend 60 dollars on a game that does not have what your looking for.
in warzone would be amazing
Agreed. Warzone should have the option between being an Elite or Spartan (kind of like Reach's Invasion... sort of).
-Custom Games
-Forge
-Social Playlists
--Social Slayer
--Social Objective
--Social Infection
ect.

in warzone would be amazing
Yeah warzone to.

So if we have them in
-Custom Games
-Forge
-Social Playlists
--Social Slayer
--Social Objective
--Social Infection
and Warzone, I think this will be a win/win.

I just want to be an Elite everywhere except the competitive playlists (which I will not go to unless their was something I wanted to unlock there)
imagine the types of assassinations you could do as an elite maby 343 are working on assassinations for the elites? Well I hope so
-Custom Games
-Forge
-Social Playlists
--Social Slayer
--Social Objective
--Social Infection
ect.

Aliens won't be what separates a game from another lol, it's how they differ in gameplay, the setting and plot, and looks (art design). Was halo CE CoD? After all, we couldn't play elites in that game either. I think I'm going to stop buying games cuz they too lack a cosmetic character of all things. What good is an elite if halo were to play like crap? Have terrible story? I don't see how people ignore those but will play a game for a cosmetic character skin.
Ahh the playable Sangheili where are they.
-Custom Games
-Forge
-Social Playlists
--Social Slayer
--Social Objective
--Social Infection
ect.

Aliens won't be what separates a game from another lol, it's how they differ in gameplay, the setting and plot, and looks (art design). Was halo CE CoD? After all, we couldn't play elites in that game either. I think I'm going to stop buying games cuz they too lack a cosmetic character of all things. What good is an elite if halo were to play like crap? Have terrible story? I don't see how people ignore those but will play a game for a cosmetic character skin.
Maybe not, no. But it sure would be a defining factor. What other game out there allows you to play as a bipedal, saurian, split-mandibled alien beast? I can tell you with confidence that there is none. Additionally, it should be understood that playable Elites hold far more significance to many of us here for them to be branded a mere "cosmetic character." To us, playable Elites are an identity; It's who we are. Warriors. Zealots. Shipmasters. Kaidons. Covenant-Breakers. All titles that have been taken from us; identities that have been stolen. I realize playable Elites in the simplest of terms may mean little more than a cosmetic option to you and those like you. But realize that to myself and to many of us here and even elsewhere, they mean so much more.

It has been brought up time and time again within this thread. The near identical range of arguments crafted by some seeking to deprive us of hope, others, to undermine our confidence, and few who would provoke an intellectual discussion. They have already been put to rest by those who came before, many of whom have offered quite suffecient and elaborate rebuttals to these claims. It has been said before and I will say it again now:

There is no harm or risk in adding playable Elites into the casual multiplayer modes of Halo 5 and any of it's successors.

What say you, armored one?
Ahh the playable Sangheili where are they.
They are hiding from us but we will find them. One day...
I like arbiters new armour and 343 please playable elites
-Custom Games
-Forge
-Social Playlists
--Social Slayer
--Social Objective
--Social Infection
ect.

Maybe not, no. But it sure would be a defining factor. What other game out there allows you to play as a bipedal, saurian, split-mandibled alien beast? I can tell you with confidence that there is none. Additionally, it should be understood that playable Elites hold far more significance to many of us here for them to be branded a mere "cosmetic character." To us, playable Elites are an identity; It's who we are. Warriors. Zealots. Shipmasters. Kaidons. Covenant-Breakers. All titles that have been taken from us; identities that have been stolen. I realize playable Elites in the simplest of terms may mean little more than a cosmetic option to you and those like you. But realize that to myself and to many of us here and even elsewhere, they mean so much more.

It has been brought up time and time again within this thread. The near identical range of arguments crafted by some seeking to deprive us of hope, others, to undermine our confidence, and few who would provoke an intellectual discussion. They have already been put to rest by those who came before, many of whom have offered quite suffecient and elaborate rebuttals to these claims. It has been said before and I will say it again now:

There is no harm or risk in adding playable Elites into the casual multiplayer modes of Halo 5 and any of it's successors.

So mass effect is defined by being able to be an Asari? Turian? Krogan? An alien is an alien dude, the looks of an elite doesn't seperate it from other games that let you be an alien. People can rebuttal all they want, but games aren't defined by us playing as a human right? Why would they be defined by being an alien? "oh this games good cuz I'm a human!" Nah, most people recognize the game by how it's played. Why's Mario kart recognized? Cuz of its goofy racing, why's halo recognized? Cuz of the story with so many possibilities in a space setting (I guess some play only cuz of chief, but I play for the lore rather than the character)and it's arena style combat in the multiplayer. Why's mass effect or dragon age popular? Because of the in depth story and great character dialogue. Notice how I never once mention they're popular due to what race the characters are?

I could go on and on on why elites aren't in game due to mechanical reasons, resource reasons, priority reasons, ect ect. You're right, there's no harm in adding elites as a playable character, but there's no harm in leaving them out either. Notice how none of the major reviewers even mention the lack of playable sangheli? Probably cuz they're not a priority in halo and are just a small part of it. Notice how 343 barely comments on them?

I've no issue with having elites in, but to not play a game simply cuz of the lack of a cosmetic character is insane to me. you people would be in heaven if you could be an elite, but if the game played like crap? That's where I see an issue. Gameplay over cosmetics is what should be the deciding factor on getting/playing a game.

So once I can be told why a cosmetic character is more important than the actual gameplay itself on determine whether to get a game or not, whether the game is enjoyable or not, I'm going to keep asking and questioning people with that mindset.
When will 343 see this and realize that this has literally been requested more than Infection?
Yeah it does actually
Knew it! Thanks for following it up!
-Custom Games
-Forge
-Social Playlists
--Social Slayer
--Social Objective
--Social Infection
ect.

So mass effect is defined by being able to be an Asari? Turian? Krogan? An alien is an alien dude, the looks of an elite doesn't seperate it from other games that let you be an alien. People can rebuttal all they want, but games aren't defined by us playing as a human right? Why would they be defined by being an alien? "oh this games good cuz I'm a human!" Nah, most people recognize the game by how it's played. Why's Mario kart recognized? Cuz of its goofy racing, why's halo recognized? Cuz of the story with so many possibilities in a space setting (I guess some play only cuz of chief, but I play for the lore rather than the character)and it's arena style combat in the multiplayer. Why's mass effect or dragon age popular? Because of the in depth story and great character dialogue. Notice how I never once mention they're popular due to what race the characters are?

I could go on and on on why elites aren't in game due to mechanical reasons, resource reasons, priority reasons, ect ect. You're right, there's no harm in adding elites as a playable character, but there's no harm in leaving them out either. Notice how none of the major reviewers even mention the lack of playable sangheli? Probably cuz they're not a priority in halo and are just a small part of it. Notice how 343 barely comments on them?

I've no issue with having elites in, but to not play a game simply cuz of the lack of a cosmetic character is insane to me. you people would be in heaven if you could be an elite, but if the game played like crap? That's where I see an issue. Gameplay over cosmetics is what should be the deciding factor on getting/playing a game.

So once I can be told why a cosmetic character is more important than the actual gameplay itself on determine whether to get a game or not, whether the game is enjoyable or not, I'm going to keep asking and questioning people with that mindset.
I believe the unstated axiom is that whatever game differing points may desire Sangheili to be reimplemented, the game is already good. Nobody is saying that playable Sangheili are what makes Halo good, nor that the ability is the sole icon of the series. It is my understanding that the community wishes for playable Sanghieli on top of said good game. It's not that Sangheili are essential to the game, it's that many of the community greatly identify with the ability and aforementioned cosmetics of the species.

Games such as "Mass Effect" and many other games that include a plethora of playable species aren't games that should be used to attack the community, but in fact used as an example that balancing and gameplay is not only possible, but is attainable through a great variety of means and flexibility. These games also show us that making an expansive universe full of rich lore, interesting characters, and near-flawless gameplay can still be implemented with other playable species, and the supposed "problems" that follow. These games show us that animation, balancing, voice acting, lore, etc. can all be worked into a game to provide a functional bridge between the species gap present in games, now such as Halo.

343i is also obviously not afraid of making extra assets, as the requisition and armor-skin system works.

It is very possible to add Sangheili into even Halo 5 (or future games, for that matter). As I've stated previously in this forum, a great variety of methods for reintroducing Sangheili is possible. I think the best compromise for both sides is the addition of two or three new playlists:

• Sangheili Slayer:
Slayer, exactly like normal slayer, but with only Sangheili.

• Sangheili Arena:
Arena, exactly like normal arena, but with only Sangheili.

• Invasion:
Invasion, exactly like Invasion from Halo: Reach. Spartans v Sangheili.

Even in the extremely low chance that a Sangheili playlist is low population, it could be combined with another Sangheili playlist, or incorporated into a general "Spartan v Sangheili" playlist as a last-resort.

<ul class="social-share">
  • [/list](Don't why that was there I was trying to address one of the posters here)

Keeping the Elites in social playlists/Casual playlists will work out fine in my opinion. Beside I never go on Rank playlists unless its required to unlock an armor set.
    i.e, After I unlocked all the Elite armor in Halo 3, I stopped going to lone wolves. I saw no point in going back to it.
    To UEGShadowAngel I see no reaosn to play a game that has you simply as humans and only humans as a whole. Yes I do consider to be important. BUT!!!! lack of playable elites is what made me avoid the cod franchise as a whole. You may think they are cosmetics but we don't. We want a reason to play this game to, without being something that does not have our appeal. Everyone has a preference in the halo community. us included.

The whole point of game sin general is being something your not and I can find one or more things that I have in common with a Spartan. That's why Elites to me are much more fun. Heck even my brother who doe splay as a Spartan in Halo stopped touching it afterwards. because lack of split-screen keeps us from playing, and lack of playable Elites was the nail in the coffin .
    I feel like from a machinama side, elites would be good to have in halo 6. I would love to have a dinosaur friends back. Even in custom games only
    1. 1
    2. ...
    3. 590
    4. 591
    5. 592
    6. 593
    7. 594
    8. ...
    9. 904