2. ...
  3. 591
  4. 592
  5. 593
  6. 594
  7. 595
  8. ...
  9. 902
I don't want them in social playlists either though, their hit boxes (especially if they make them realistic to the lore) would be stupid. Go ahead and have them in a special mode and customs but nothing that doesn't benefit from their presence.
#Bring back Elites 343.

Having them in social playlists is a win/win I think. Those who are concerned with hitboxes will (and I'll say it again) spend 24/7 on the Rank playlists anyway.

also, I've never had a problem with the hitboxes. I'm adaptable to any target in multiplayer.
So a monitor found my post and redirected me here, so I will just copy and paste my post.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will be honest. When Halo Reach came out, I wasn't going to buy it at all. It was only after 3 weeks, that my friend was showing me all of his armor customization when I saw all the cool Elite player models. I played as a Spec Ops elite in Halo 3, and I fell in love with all the new designs for the elite armors. I thought it was so cool that I sped down to the local Gamestop and purchased a copy. Also, Arby n the Chief (a series mostly forgotten by the community, back for one final season) was making use of the new Elites to the fullest extent, so I absolutely had to wear it. I played infection until I was Corporal and put it on. Yeahhhh.

Fast-Forward to Halo 4. I got the game for a birthday present from a friend and thought of the Elites I saw in online videos and articles. I loved them and hopped on to unlock them. But to my dismay, you could not change your player model from human. Why did this change, honestly?Before anyone says "play MCC or Reach for xbone", I am talking about the here and now, not games that I have exhausted. I am ready for elites to be introduced to Halo 5 or maybe Halo 6. Let me dismiss some common arguments.

Elites in Halo 5 are massive and have a different hitbox.
Did you not play Reach? Elites were big in that game, some models towering over spartans. Would it really be that hard to make a players elite model a tad shorter?

Why would Elites be in the UNSC war games simulations?
If you look in the lore, after the human-covenant war, most elites joined the human cause, even trading weapons and training in the same environment as spartans aboard the UNSC Infinity carrier.

In Warzone, why would Elites fight other elites?
The enemy AI elites programmed into war games simulations are based off of the enemy that Spartan IVs would encounter on the battlefield; Covenant Remnants. In campaign, the Arbiter and his followers are seen absolutely destroying other elites.

Elites can't have spartan charge and other abilities because they aren't "spartans"
Elites in Reach had their own jetpack, and their own visor layout. Just like Master Chief, who had thrusters put into his armor before the events of Halo 5, the human-allied Sanghelli can have thrusters implemented into their armors.

What purpose would having Elites serve in Halo 5?
Well, some Halo Machinimas need alien characters, like C n P and Arby n the Chief. Also, with the new forge allowing you to build huge creations (for example, a huge covenant or ex-covenant cruiser), they need an alien crew, do they not? And finally, you can have some variety in your armor customization, so you don't HAVE to look like a noob wearing Recruit, a try-hard wearing Warmaster, or a kid using Teishin (all opinions, don't get butthurt lmao)

How would Elite customization work?
I would imagine it working like it did in halo, with the player being able to change the head, shoulders, and chest-piece. You would be able to unlock Elite armors through the REQ system. They could be implemented during "Memories of Reach", with the new Storm Elites, and old Halo Reach style armors. To add another company commendation award, if a company has earned all the kill commendations (equating to earning the Achilles Helmet), the player would earn the "Rise above the Heritics" pack, earning the Halo 2-3 style Arbiter armor.

Assassinations?
Elites could have their own new assassinations in the REQ system, copy and paste from Reach, or even just mimic spartan assassinations. All human on elite assassinations would be the same as human on human

Please leave all hate below V

"Negative. I have the gun. Good luck, Sir" ~Noble Six
Awesome idea
I agree those can work.

This post has been hidden.

I keep seeing people say how they would have to make new armor. What they could do use the armors they already have for elites. You could start with minor as a common, ranger as a uncommon, commander as a rare, general as an ultra rare, zelot as a legendary, and then Jul Mdama's and Arbiters armors as mythic legendarys.
I keep seeing people say how they would have to make new armor. What they could do use the armors they already have for elites. You could start with minor as a common, ranger as a uncommon, commander as a rare, general as an ultra rare, zelot as a legendary, and then Jul Mdama's and Arbiters armors as mythic legendarys.
Nailed.it
There's absolutely NO reason for Elites to be absent from Halo any longer. There is no argument that can be made that they shouldn't.
PurityGuy wrote:
There's absolutely NO reason for Elites to be absent from Halo any longer. There is no argument that can be made that they shouldn't.
exactly we've went over all the points where elites are good and where elites would be bad in warzone perfect arena not so much but that's the risk they take so yes there's absolutely no reason that elites shouldn't be playable in halo 5 #bringbackplayableelites
bigger hit boxes, yes. But they also are harder to get head shots on so it evens it out. bring them back
PurityGuy wrote:
exactly we've went over all the points where elites are good and where elites would be bad in warzone perfect arena not so much but that's the risk they take so yes there's absolutely no reason that elites shouldn't be playable in halo 5 #bringbackplayableelites
Yes I agree with you both

majinAP wrote:
bigger hit boxes, yes. But they also are harder to get head shots on so it evens it out. bring them back
and they were more durable in reach.
I believe whatever balancing was done in Reach for Invasion was quite effective. Just doing that again would work nicely.
Seriously 343 hurry up with this. I'm tired of Spartans.
I really miss playing as an elite since Reach. This spartan-only, Infinity-based, war games canonical excuses have really been bothering me since Halo 4. I don't even care if it's in social playlists only, other community members have already said all there is to say about this topic. Personally I'm getting bored of playing as a human in every single first person shooter game and halo multiplayer is something I really enjoyed because I could play as an elite. It's a genre that's getting stale in terms os characters because of this very problem: human characters.

(On another topic, playing as a flood combat form, or brute, or promethean soldier would be pretty cool too, but that would require much more work than elites. )
C'mon 343, we want to have playable Elites already!
#BringbackElites!
Agreed, Shame they lock all elite posts for no good enough reason other then (Go here to a 4 year old forum which was from 2012)which in itself don't sound right so elite players should be treated with abit more respect and hope they get added so they can have a choice.
P.S moderators just let people post about elites they have a right to do so they are not breaking guidelines so let them as it needs updating.

Freedom is the right for all beings to prosper- Maximal Primal
Honesty I'm tired of every single thing being competitive in halo 5. What ever happened to halo being a game where you could play and have fun and not worry about really competitive people wiping the floor with you and your friends. And me being able to play as an elite was one of those fun things that I and a lot of people remember and had fun with.
Playable elites... Please...
Honesty I'm tired of every single thing being competitive in halo 5. What ever happened to halo being a game where you could play and have fun and not worry about really competitive people wiping the floor with you and your friends. And me being able to play as an elite was one of those fun things that I and a lot of people remember and had fun with.
What he said ^
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 591
  4. 592
  5. 593
  6. 594
  7. 595
  8. ...
  9. 902