2. ...
  3. 594
  4. 595
  5. 596
  6. 597
  7. 598
  8. ...
  9. 912
Bungie had a fraction of the resources and manpower that 343 currently has and was still able to deliver playable elites in Halo 2,3 and reach despite being low on time. Now that 343 has gotten accustomed to xbox one architecture, there is no excuse for them to not include elites in halo 5.
And then everyone complained about balancing issues. Everyone realized the hitboxes on elites were harder to hit from the back but easier from the sides. Sure you can easily add it into the game but what are the consequences of it? Balancing issues and other bugs included? Adding one line of code to a game can alter something entirely unrelated to that or even break the game completely.
Really only the pro arena and highly competitive players would complain. Plus when I see a HALO with Thel 'Vadam in it I expect to play as a Sangheili dammit!
Bungie had a fraction of the resources and manpower that 343 currently has and was still able to deliver playable elites in Halo 2,3 and reach despite being low on time. Now that 343 has gotten accustomed to xbox one architecture, there is no excuse for them to not include elites in halo 5.
And then everyone complained about balancing issues. Everyone realized the hitboxes on elites were harder to hit from the back but easier from the sides. Sure you can easily add it into the game but what are the consequences of it? Balancing issues and other bugs included? Adding one line of code to a game can alter something entirely unrelated to that or even break the game completely.
It wasn't just Elites... MLG players complained about everything, to the point we had The Pit turned into Pit Stop, and other maps drastically changed to fit the stupid -Yoink- MLG campaign.

MLG players often criticized anyone who didn't use all MK IV armor. If you used anything else they said crap like "You're only increasing the size of your hit box" So, by their logic, we shouldn't have Elites, and other permutations. It should just be Chief's armor, and only Chief's.
I never liked playing as an elite in previous halo titles but I think it would add some more customization to the game.
I just want to play as an elite again. Y'Know? Just give usch them 343.
I agree with the people saying it would diversity. I always played as an elite in the older halo's and had a lot of fun with it. People that don't like to play as elites have commented saying they would like them for diversity reasons as well. To me it seems a little "racist" that 343 completely took them out it was kinda of a big -Yoink- you to people who LOVED to play as them, including me.
I agree with the people saying it would diversity. I always played as an elite in the older halo's and had a lot of fun with it. People that don't like to play as elites have commented saying they would like them for diversity reasons as well. To me it seems a little "racist" that 343 completely took them out it was kinda of a big -Yoink- you to people who LOVED to play as them, including me.
Blepington wrote:
Really only the pro arena and highly competitive players would complain. Plus when I see a HALO with Thel 'Vadam in it I expect to play as a Sangheili dammit!
To the both of you, I'd have to agree. I'm honestly disappointed over all with their decision to mainly tailor the game against elites, and more towards the MLG players. I can't criticize a gamer's personality through game, but I rarely meat a genuine player. I received a lot of hate messages, trash talk, tbagging, ban threats, and the whole nine yards because: A I played as an elite, or B: I try to out strategize them in matches instead of using the cookie cutter rush for power weapon and trick shot. I was worried 343 would just fuel that mentality and drive players away. The fact they're trying to reskin clans, as spartan companies (I'm sorry, that's what they are) is almost the same way that BTB teams call themselves teams instead of clans so they can join different clans and just play whatever (referring to the ones in Halo Reach). Immature people will be immature, yes but I feel this game lacks sportsmanship. There is nothing but competition in matchmaking and custom games. Why else would they add a KD ratio for freakin Custom games?? I think it's just pointless and lacks function. What they have currently is okay. But if they brought back items like, playable elites, invasion, customizable elites, I mean hell. They could expand on that. You could play as the forerunners too. Imagine if they added that in the game along with playable elites? If they all function similarly and there aren't more benefits then one another I don't see a reason not to add them in beside time constraint.
make a playlist where everyone is an elite? whatever floats your boat
I want ELITES!
Don Munio wrote:
I want ELITES!
Apparently a lot of people do (me included).
Look at the elites they gave us in... Mcc......... I know broken game, but still the elites they gave us were amazing for the H2a multiplayer and they were absolutely awsome.
They put the effort of even making elites and the were cool, but then they say "we wanna make matchmaking cannon so no elites" but then they say that elites train with Spartans so we ask them for a reason why they ignore there own rules "..." Thats what we get. I wish they would just care about casual gamers instead of "no everything competitive, no classic stuff, no elites because MLG and esports ban it for miniscule reasons"
Just... I wish we could just pull the elites straight from mcc and play them.
I would like to see elites as well but I don't see how it would work with the Spartan abilities.
I would like to see elites as well but I don't see how it would work with the Spartan abilities.
Oh I have a locked tread about that one moment let me just copy paste.

I made this last month but snicker told me to put it here, I just never got around to it though.

Now I know I know we all get tired of seeing elite threads but this topic is more for game mechanics if we had playable elites promethians and flood as a choice. We might already get flood for infection but I want to see a game mode where you play as flood with a gun.
A good way to incorporate this could be multi team. Since its a 2v2v2v2 we could have 2 elites 2 Spartans 2 flood combat forms and 2 promethian soldiers.
Ideas for abilities.Spartans:
Sprint.
Spartan charge.
ground pound.
Thrusters.
The defaults that we already have.

Elites:
Sprint
Dodge roll for thrusters.
Charge without thrusters for elite charge.
And just the same ground pound mechanic.

Promethians:
Sprint.
Teleport for thrusters.
Teleport charge for the shoulder charge.
Teleport during ground pound mechanic.

Flood:
Sprint.
Small leap for thrusters.
Normal ground pound
Normal shoulder charge without thrusters.

Now knowing the time and effort it would take and knowing 343 this will 99% never happen but I figured I'd bring it up so its out of my head. What are your guy's thought? It certainly would be interesting and add variety but might not happen especially in H5.
I'm back is there playable elites and not yet :(
how many "I'm a human, but identify myself as a sangheili" post are there?
I agree #EliteLivesMatter
I'm back is there playable elites and not yet :(
Nope...
KoopBoop wrote:
I agree #EliteLivesMatter
Yes we need to spread this.

I made this last month but snicker told me to put it here, I just never got around to it though.

Now I know I know we all get tired of seeing elite threads but this topic is more for game mechanics if we had playable elites promethians and flood as a choice. We might already get flood for infection but I want to see a game mode where you play as flood with a gun.
A good way to incorporate this could be multi team. Since its a 2v2v2v2 we could have 2 elites 2 Spartans 2 flood combat forms and 2 promethian soldiers.
Sprint.
Spartan charge.
ground pound.
Thrusters.

Elites:
Sprint

Promethians:
Sprint.
Teleport for thrusters.

Flood:
Sprint.
Normal ground pound

Now knowing the time and effort it would take and knowing 343 this will 99% never happen but I figured I'd bring it up so its out of my head. What are your guy's thought? It certainly would be interesting and add variety but might not happen especially in H5.
Interesting ideas

Sprint.
Spartan charge.
ground pound.
Thrusters.

Elites:
Sprint

Promethians:
Sprint.
Teleport for thrusters.

Flood:
Sprint.
Normal ground pound

Interesting ideas
Thanks.
I ran into a fellow in matchmaking today. He claims that the developers were talking about adding elites through the Remember Reach update. Can anyone confirm this?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 594
  4. 595
  5. 596
  6. 597
  7. 598
  8. ...
  9. 912