A while ago I had an idea of a Halo Covenant anthology game, one that could go through the lives of the major arbiters all the way into Halo 5..... now I have a refined idea.
With the Banished finally introduced (it was unknowingly hinted at in previous Halos) as the second enemy of the covenant during the Human-Covanent war. My idea still includes the Arbiters' lives, but more so about the origin of the banished.
- Long cutscenes in-between each for good explanations.
- Starting with the Arbiter from before the elites joining the covenant (including tutorial of controls) (1 level)
- "The Duel" from "Halo Legends", explaining (in 2 levels) the changing of the roll arbiter, the death of the Arbiter's wife, and then his death.
- The Arbiter who had tamed the Lek'golo during the final moments of his 11 year journey (1 level)
- The enslavement of the grunts and their rebellion, but not with out the Kig Yar being hired as a mercenary army of course. (2 levels)
- Along with the Arbiter from the previous, there should be hints of the heretics growing among the covenant
- The Jiralhane have joined, but not without resistance of course, in exchange for the willing tribes of the brutes to join, they want in return to attack their enemy tribes. Some major elite characters appalled by this, maybe even an elite sparing a certain brute's life. (1 level)
- The origins of the banished that should last 3 levels (basically 343 should be the ones to add the apparent origin we don't know yet until HW2)
- Origin of Thel as a fleet commander during his campaign on reach, all the way through H1 from his POV. (4 levels)
- Pre-H4-H5 storyline to explain the origins of the Storm Covenant and Thel's new ideals transforming Sanghelios for the better..... sadly there's the obvious opposition. 3 levels.
- All of these levels should be long in length, as well as the cutscenes, otherwise the story and the explanation would be lost. Obviously some mystery should be left of course (otherwise it wouldn't be a true halo game). 343 messed up in making people have to buy the books to understand the back story and what is actually happening in their recent installments without being confused, a game like this, and maybe others like it, could explain the stuff we don't know in a fun manner......plus we can get elites back with some new covenant weapons that haven't been seen before.... and on that note.
- Should be similar gameplay to what is current
- mainly new Covenant weapons
- Elites and Spartans should be included..... and perhaps prometheans and brutes would be nice to add in.
- Forge building based off of covenant and human architecture
- both covenant and post covenant armor types should be included (H2A, Reach, and H4-H6), and obviously some new ones. (Spec-ops and Ranger Arbiter?)
Obviously this shouldn't be a physical copy but a DLC that should cost some cash due to it being a complete game, i'd recommend it as an DLC for H6, unless they're wanting to do a similar project like this but way after H6 dies down (considering 343's track record, not long). Obviously a game like this (especially if written by Brian Reed) could fail, but they might as we'll fix one mistake that a lot of Halo fans have been asking for. If you like this idea, I don't mind if you copy this and send it to any of the game writers of 343 (they most likely wouldn't look at it among the rest of the messaged ideas). If you have suggestions, please fill free to respond kindly if you would like to discuss the matter.