4. 700
  5. 701
  6. 702
  7. 703
  8. ...
  9. 897
ReteroX wrote:
Well technically speaking elites in war games isnt Canon
Well technically speaking, War Games is a simulation and anything is possible in a simulation.

The whole "canon Multiplayer" thing 343 have going is kind of a joke honestly. There's a reason why most games with a story have Campaign and Multiplayer as seperate entities.

The canon of late has been embarrassing, Elites are distinctive and memorable characters in Halo, their playability should have nothing to do with the canon whatsoever, especially because their inclusion in matchmaking became a norm after Halo 2 with the feature returning again both in Halo 3 and Reach.
Yeah "canon multiplayer" is total bs. I mean you have freaking food skins for guns in Halo 5 and if multiplayer is canon then I guess the so called Halo pro teams are canon too since their are weapon skins with their name and logos.
The Pro-Teams are Canon haha. They explained that it was their own way of allowing these teams to be recognized within the Halo Universe.
I would even try an Elite burger while listening to a grunt song over my brauntasorus burger, luv the assasination suggestion btw,;~} No brutes for me, I pucke at the thought of hw2. planet of the apes and 343 insults Spartons and us. A Sparton cant kill a gorilla in a nano second? Very sore subject 4 me. U know 343 using the Halo name 4 a space planet of the apes. I think in the end king kong from hw2 is really for KI at the expence of Halo, like Arbitor?
Sparton - So a little more on topic, who misses that Elite Spec Ops armour from Reach?
ReteroX wrote:
I would even try an Elite burger while listening to a grunt song over my brauntasorus burger, luv the assasination suggestion btw,;~} No brutes for me, I pucke at the thought of hw2. planet of the apes and 343 insults Spartons and us. A Sparton cant kill a gorilla in a nano second? Very sore subject 4 me. U know 343 using the Halo name 4 a space planet of the apes. I think in the end king kong from hw2 is really for KI at the expence of Halo, like Arbitor?
Sparton - So a little more on topic, who misses that Elite Spec Ops armour from Reach?
I thought the Spec Ops armor looked nice, reminded me of the Arbiters armor. Though if it never made a return I wouldn't be upset.
ReteroX wrote:
If we ever get Elites back as playable characters in multiplayer, I pray that we don't get the over designed Storm variants.

It makes little sense to me that the post-Covenant Elites and Grunts would completely discard their perfectly viable Covenant-era armour in favour of less protective and more wasteful (in terms of useless decorative additions like little spikes and extra contours) suits that serve the same function.

Also, if the post-Covenant economy of Elites is so bad then how did they make so much new armour?

What am I missing?
I like all the harnesses, as most people in this thread have probably realized.
Well pro Halo doesnt mean anything to me, nor should it to 99.99999% of gamers, while I fully know the future plans for this and truly could be very good, its MS and not 343. Right now there is not a measurable gap between pro and very good. Sooner than later I think.But if 343 catered to pros at this point, just add it to the growing pile of 343 junk. I will never use a so called pro skin, ever! The simulation joke thing is real and my post was deleted. But yea, if your pro u should easily play as an elite just as we could and very well too,;~}
Well pro Halo doesnt mean anything to me, nor should it to 99.99999% of gamers, while I fully know the future plans for this and truly could be very good, its MS and not 343. Right now there is not a measurable gap between pro and very good. Sooner than later I think.But if 343 catered to pros at this point, just add it to the growing pile of 343 junk. I will never use a so called pro skin, ever! The simulation joke thing is real and my post was deleted. But yea, if your pro u should easily play as an elite just as we could and very well too,;~}
Tooooooo truuuue
ReteroX wrote:
Well technically speaking, War Games is a simulation and anything is possible in a simulation.

The whole "canon Multiplayer" thing 343 have going is kind of a joke honestly. There's a reason why most games with a story have Campaign and Multiplayer as seperate entities.

The canon of late has been embarrassing, Elites are distinctive and memorable characters in Halo, their playability should have nothing to do with the canon whatsoever, especially because their inclusion in matchmaking became a norm after Halo 2 with the feature returning again both in Halo 3 and Reach.
Yeah "canon multiplayer" is total bs. I mean you have freaking food skins for guns in Halo 5 and if multiplayer is canon then I guess the so called Halo pro teams are canon too since their are weapon skins with their name and logos.
The Pro-Teams are Canon haha. They explained that it was their own way of allowing these teams to be recognized within the Halo Universe.
Wait are you serious?..... could you link me where they say that?
I know im the worst at staying on subject, but on this thread Elites, I always try to say elites once,lol
ReteroX wrote:
Wait are you serious?..... could you link me where they say that?
That is absolutely disgusting and I am going to block it from memory. As mentioned earlier I guess it's about as fitting in current canon as the pizza and fries skins...

I know im the worst at staying on subject, but on this thread Elites, I always try to say elites once,lol
A good point. I've gone back to playing Reach a little bit recently for some good old Elite stuff and I do miss it.
I miss Reach so much but the terrible pseudo Anti-Aliasing hurts my eyes and the 360 controllers just hurt my hands now.

I'd play it on Xbox One but it just lags horribly... I tried it about a week ago and it's still broken for me.

Come on 343, we need Elites back.
I think we will get playable elites in halo 5 not like every single armour set and a ton of assassinations I think it will just be like I dunno maby 3 amour sets and maby 2 or 3 assassinations then with halo 6 every amour set tones of assassinations unique hijacks ect
ReteroX wrote:
I miss Reach so much but the terrible pseudo Anti-Aliasing hurts my eyes and the 360 controllers just hurt my hands now.

I'd play it on Xbox One but it just lags horribly... I tried it about a week ago and it's still broken for me.

sorry to hear that I play reach on X1 and i always go for search for good connections
ReteroX wrote:

sorry to hear that I play reach on X1 and i always go for search for good connections
How do you cope with the framerate? Not only is it consistently under 30fps for me, it fluctuates wildly, sometimes easily hitting around 10fps. It's really choppy and unplayable for me.
If Halo 6 goes on with what Halo 5 has in means of movement (which I love btw), with thruster packs, ground pounds, etc. I can already see how difficult it would be to make an entirely new model that would have to be able to all those things. AND, not to mention it would probably look extremely strange to see an elite ground pounding, thruster packs, etc. And I don't see how it work with the elites armor either as the Spartan's armor from Halo 5 gave them all these abilities and I just don't see it working with the elite's armor... Now if they scrapped all those things, which I hope they don't, it might be possible as it was in the older halos, where elites were playable. If 343 finds a way to do it, awesome, but if they don't, I'm not complaining.
If Halo 6 goes on with what Halo 5 has in means of movement (which I love btw), with thruster packs, ground pounds, etc. I can already see how difficult it would be to make an entirely new model that would have to be able to all those things. AND, not to mention it would probably look extremely strange to see an elite ground pounding, thruster packs, etc. And I don't see how it work with the elites armor either as the Spartan's armor from Halo 5 gave them all these abilities and I just don't see it working with the elite's armor... Now if they scrapped all those things, which I hope they don't, it might be possible as it was in the older halos, where elites were playable. If 343 finds a way to do it, awesome, but if they don't, I'm not complaining.
Btw, I AM a veteran halo player, CE to 5.
Elites have had jet pac before, no biggy sqiggy, the braggart sandboxers should be able to do the things mentioned so easily, wondering about my Helio Skrill armo I had to earn twice though?
*Btw, I AM a veteran halo player, CE to 5.
*As am I, it actually means nothing because it doesn't validate our opinions, it just gives us the benefit of familiarity with the subject.

Almost every Elite combat harness post Halo 3 has a few thruster vent looking holes in the back (they don't serve any purpose as of now apart from decoration) so that pretty much eliminates most of the thruster related issues. As for ground-pound, Elites are by no means small or particularly light in combat harnesses, it's not hard to imagine them using ground-pound to a similar effect to a Spartan.
ReteroX wrote:
ReteroX wrote:

How do you cope with the framerate? Not only is it consistently under 30fps for me, it fluctuates wildly, sometimes easily hitting around 10fps. It's really choppy and unplayable for me.
its just a skill you learn to cope with. And with elites about to assassinate Spartans and hijack vehicles like in halo 3 its worth it until elites are added to halo 5 or future halo games
ReteroX wrote:
ReteroX wrote:

its just a skill you learn to cope with. And with elites about to assassinate Spartans and hijack vehicles like in halo 3 its worth it until elites are added to halo 5 or future halo games
I play it on both consoles which makes the framerate inconsistencies extra annoying on the One but it's not unplayable. I sure wouldn't play from the One for anything even remotely competitive but Reach is far past the point where that matters anyway. If anything it's just nice to have the option to play on the One but the 360 should be used if you are able.
It's also better or worse on certain maps.
Nice
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 699
  4. 700
  5. 701
  6. 702
  7. 703
  8. ...
  9. 897