Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Sangheili (Elites) In New Trilogy Matchmaking

OP Mat Man 412

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 779
  4. 780
  5. 781
  6. 782
  7. 783
  8. ...
  9. 939
sniper945 wrote:
sniper945 wrote:
sniper945 wrote:
sniper945 wrote:
If they do add them. They might add their own loadouts maybe. What loadout do you think might be?
Brute plasma rifle plz!
What about secondary?
For me it would be a magnum, but how about an energy sword? or possibly carbine?
Maybe.
I still think that elites should get to customize there energy sword colors, wouldn't that be awesome? even if it weren't a loadout it would still change the color of the sword to your color when you pick it up.

What do you think?
I'd like to keep the weapons canonical.
They would be, do you remember the red energy sword in halo wars 2 trailer, or the few books that bring up colored energy swords?

Everything now in multiplayer is cannon, even the pizza skins. if spartans get pizza skins, I think elites deserve this.
I'm fairly sure there is not an energy sword for every color in the spectrum, just a few. But I could be wrong. But it would make no sense for it to change to your preferred color when you pick it up since different energy swords have different capabilities.
sniper945 wrote:
sniper945 wrote:
sniper945 wrote:
sniper945 wrote:
If they do add them. They might add their own loadouts maybe. What loadout do you think might be?
Brute plasma rifle plz!
What about secondary?
For me it would be a magnum, but how about an energy sword? or possibly carbine?
Maybe.
I still think that elites should get to customize there energy sword colors, wouldn't that be awesome? even if it weren't a loadout it would still change the color of the sword to your color when you pick it up.

What do you think?
I'd like to keep the weapons canonical.
They would be, do you remember the red energy sword in halo wars 2 trailer, or the few books that bring up colored energy swords?

Everything now in multiplayer is cannon, even the pizza skins. if spartans get pizza skins, I think elites deserve this.
I'm fairly sure there is not an energy sword for every color in the spectrum, just a few. But I could be wrong. But it would make no sense for it to change to your preferred color when you pick it up since different energy swords have different capabilities.
but the existing sword variants already have different colors...wont this serve to confuse players?
sniper945 wrote:
sniper945 wrote:
sniper945 wrote:
sniper945 wrote:
If they do add them. They might add their own loadouts maybe. What loadout do you think might be?
Brute plasma rifle plz!
What about secondary?
For me it would be a magnum, but how about an energy sword? or possibly carbine?
Maybe.
I still think that elites should get to customize there energy sword colors, wouldn't that be awesome? even if it weren't a loadout it would still change the color of the sword to your color when you pick it up.

What do you think?
I'd like to keep the weapons canonical.
They would be, do you remember the red energy sword in halo wars 2 trailer, or the few books that bring up colored energy swords?

Everything now in multiplayer is cannon, even the pizza skins. if spartans get pizza skins, I think elites deserve this.
I'm fairly sure there is not an energy sword for every color in the spectrum, just a few. But I could be wrong. But it would make no sense for it to change to your preferred color when you pick it up since different energy swords have different capabilities.
but the existing sword variants already have different colors...wont this serve to confuse players?
I don't think I understand what you're saying.
Hell I am new here. Happy to see there are others that want this back. where do you guys get this info?
The internet, sharing around, and conversing witheachother. We Sangheili gotta have our backs if we want to see the return to see the bright of day.
Ok, Thank you, but RUTHLESSSKATE94 said that there was none. I guess he meant from 343 and Microsoft..
For Halo 5 it's confirmed there will be no Elite's Released. However when talking about an AI on the pop thread about adding AI to Forge a 343I Teased that Elites may return in Halo 6 as there are a few members up in 343I that are wanting them back as well. However this is unconfirmed. Mostly just rumors for Halo 6. But hope is still hope.
Do you have a link for this? I am not sure where to find it. Still new to everything, I dont do much online.
I can understand why they made the new ugly phenotype the enemy Elites, but why did Arbiter and his men have to be so ugly? Are we supposed to believe Arbiter's genetics changed inbetween games?
I can understand why they made the new ugly phenotype the enemy Elites, but why did Arbiter and his men have to be so ugly? Are we supposed to believe Arbiter's genetics changed inbetween games?
It's time constraints. Believe me, if any company would do these kinds of things for fun, it would be 343.
sniper945 wrote:
I can understand why they made the new ugly phenotype the enemy Elites, but why did Arbiter and his men have to be so ugly? Are we supposed to believe Arbiter's genetics changed inbetween games?
It's time constraints. Believe me, if any company would do these kinds of things for fun, it would be 343.
that does make since for sure.
sniper945 wrote:
sniper945 wrote:
sniper945 wrote:
sniper945 wrote:
If they do add them. They might add their own loadouts maybe. What loadout do you think might be?
Brute plasma rifle plz!
What about secondary?
For me it would be a magnum, but how about an energy sword? or possibly carbine?
Maybe.
I still think that elites should get to customize there energy sword colors, wouldn't that be awesome? even if it weren't a loadout it would still change the color of the sword to your color when you pick it up.

What do you think?
I'd like to keep the weapons canonical.
They would be, do you remember the red energy sword in halo wars 2 trailer, or the few books that bring up colored energy swords?

Everything now in multiplayer is cannon, even the pizza skins. if spartans get pizza skins, I think elites deserve this.
I'm fairly sure there is not an energy sword for every color in the spectrum, just a few. But I could be wrong. But it would make no sense for it to change to your preferred color when you pick it up since different energy swords have different capabilities.
but the existing sword variants already have different colors...wont this serve to confuse players?
I don't think I understand what you're saying.
u say that sword colors shud work like skins. so for example u are playing as an elite and pick up an energy sword in its default blue color. however, if u have enabled an orange glow for ur energy sword in the customization menu, then the sword shud change to that color when u pick it up, or at least thats what i understood from ur post.

but however, we already have an orange colored variant in warzone, which is the vorpal talon. it would be quite confusing to other players yea?
This may be a stupid question, but did everyone see the picture of the halo 6 script at the end of canon fodder? I wonder if that is for real and if the grunt will have a big part to play in halo 6.
This may be a stupid question, but did everyone see the picture of the halo 6 script at the end of canon fodder? I wonder if that is for real and if the grunt will have a big part to play in halo 6.
Obviously a joke but at current it had something h5's story lacked: personality and character development. Sad i know.

Ally elites in lore where a thing in H4 and i was sad to see that the"ship representing peace" didnt have any elites on board. Ally elites are a thing in h5 and im sad to see that wargames wont simulate joint actions even though we know that in lore elites are playing wargames with spartan 4s. Covies have been completely defeated on sanghilios, their leadership destroyed. Arby won.
H6, infinity is on sanghilios and thats the single biggest aid they got against evil!cortana. This needs to be a thing.
This may be a stupid question, but did everyone see the picture of the halo 6 script at the end of canon fodder? I wonder if that is for real and if the grunt will have a big part to play in halo 6.
Obviously a joke but at current it had something h5's story lacked: personality and character development. Sad i know.

Ally elites in lore where a thing in H4 and i was sad to see that the"ship representing peace" didnt have any elites on board. Ally elites are a thing in h5 and im sad to see that wargames wont simulate joint actions even though we know that in lore elites are playing wargames with spartan 4s. Covies have been completely defeated on sanghilios, their leadership destroyed. Arby won.
H6, infinity is on sanghilios and thats the single biggest aid they got against evil!cortana. This needs to be a thing.
I have a bit of a tendency to take some things a little to literal. I agree with what you say, would be excited to see it.
This may be a stupid question, but did everyone see the picture of the halo 6 script at the end of canon fodder? I wonder if that is for real and if the grunt will have a big part to play in halo 6.
Obviously a joke but at current it had something h5's story lacked: personality and character development. Sad i know.

Ally elites in lore where a thing in H4 and i was sad to see that the"ship representing peace" didnt have any elites on board. Ally elites are a thing in h5 and im sad to see that wargames wont simulate joint actions even though we know that in lore elites are playing wargames with spartan 4s. Covies have been completely defeated on sanghilios, their leadership destroyed. Arby won.
H6, infinity is on sanghilios and thats the single biggest aid they got against evil!cortana. This needs to be a thing.
Definitely needs to be a thing. I was angry when in halo 4 the excuse for not having elites was it was meant to be lore friendly. In halo 5 it was to please the purests who didn't want to adjust aim for elite models. There is simply no good reason the alienate those who want to play as elites any longer. Although, I want to use the reach models for elites. The new models can look good. But the jaws just throw me off.
This may be a stupid question, but did everyone see the picture of the halo 6 script at the end of canon fodder? I wonder if that is for real and if the grunt will have a big part to play in halo 6.
Obviously a joke but at current it had something h5's story lacked: personality and character development. Sad i know.

Ally elites in lore where a thing in H4 and i was sad to see that the"ship representing peace" didnt have any elites on board. Ally elites are a thing in h5 and im sad to see that wargames wont simulate joint actions even though we know that in lore elites are playing wargames with spartan 4s. Covies have been completely defeated on sanghilios, their leadership destroyed. Arby won.
H6, infinity is on sanghilios and thats the single biggest aid they got against evil!cortana. This needs to be a thing.
Definitely needs to be a thing. I was angry when in halo 4 the excuse for not having elites was it was meant to be lore friendly. In halo 5 it was to please the purests who didn't want to adjust aim for elite models. There is simply no good reason the alienate those who want to play as elites any longer. Although, I want to use the reach models for elites. The new models can look good. But the jaws just throw me off.
Glad to have you on board!!
HAVE YOU GUYS HEARD THE NEWS!!! Invasion Mode is coming (again)!
Possibly the return of the Elites.... 343's one chance.
HAVE YOU GUYS HEARD THE NEWS!!! Invasion Mode is coming (again)!
Possibly the return of the Elites.... 343's one chance.
Not getting my hopes up until you give a link.
Oh, you're talking about this.

This isn't official, it's by a forger known as WyvernZu.

I don't think this will bring playable elites, but still want to see it, looks cool!
sniper945 wrote:
Oh, you're talking about this.

This isn't official, it's by a forger known as WyvernZu.

I don't think this will bring playable elites, but still want to see it, looks cool!
The maps she makes are really amazing though, but if there aren't any playable elites with it then the whole experience is ruined
sniper945 wrote:
*cut*.
The reason I think its unlikely that 343 will add playable elites is because that this thread is "four" years old and there has not been much, if any response by 343.

I would like to see playable elites though, but I'd like their armour to look less "bulky".

I'd be happy with some form of the H2A design.
You know in all other fps titles the only option ive got is human. Every now and then if we do get an option its either robots or animal like characters. Robots are boring for a reason, theres no connection between the player and their avatar. Theres a reason armor customization is prefered, over "everyone look the same.", it is part of why the black undersuit thing is so prevalent. Even those extremely rare cases like that gorilla in overwatch, the character might as well be human. The only reason we even get those is because that's apparently the default when one runs out of ideas. Robots and animals.

Halo had something unique, it stood out because it wasnt afraid to have something not seen since, a unique player race in a fps title. How many modern shooters can you think of that have a non human option? Are they all one off characters or robots? Yes? I thought so. And no zombies are the ultimate cop out. Halo had no equivalent when it comes to this. Its unique, it makes it stand out, that makes it diffrent from all the other fps titles alone.

This is kind of like Halo's art style. Even though Bungie went for a more scifi look and 343's art team went with realistic both are perfect as they are not afraid to use every color in the crayon box, even the unpopular colors. Compare that to every other big ticket fps since 2001. How many don't have a color palette consisting of only brown, grey, and black? How many have pink guns by default? None? Thought so. Just like this art style have you really seen anything like multiplayer elites?

We just want halo to embrace the fact that it is and has been a snowflake among AAA fps titles. Its an arena shooter (not many of those around) that is colorful (a extreme rareity among fps titles) and has a unique player race that isn't a class (halo is the only example of this). We'd just like to see that part of it return.

343 you added social to what we've been calling "too competitive" since launch. You see how we reacted to that, and still are. While this is bigger than the black undersuits it is far smaller than adding social, please add mp elites in general mp. If not h5 then please in h6. You'd see us party here like its 1999.

If anyone at 343 is reading this please dont dismiss this as "that annoying thread" and ignore his. We've been asking for this every day since spring 2012, and at every Q&A since pre H4 for a reason. Please dont ignore us. If youre looking for user feedback then waypoint's single largest and oldest thread should count right?
You know in all other fps titles the only option ive got is human. Every now and then if we do get an option its either robots or animal like characters. Robots are boring for a reason, theres no connection between the player and their avatar. Theres a reason armor customization is prefered, over "everyone look the same.", it is part of why the black undersuit thing is so prevalent. Even those extremely rare cases like that gorilla in overwatch, the character might as well be human. The only reason we even get those is because that's apparently the default when one runs out of ideas. Robots and animals.

Halo had something unique, it stood out because it wasnt afraid to have something not seen since, a unique player race in a fps title. How many modern shooters can you think of that have a non human option? Are they all one off characters or robots? Yes? I thought so. And no zombies are the ultimate cop out. Halo had no equivalent when it comes to this. Its unique, it makes it stand out, that makes it diffrent from all the other fps titles alone.

This is kind of like Halo's art style. Even though Bungie went for a more scifi look and 343's art team went with realistic both are perfect as they are not afraid to use every color in the crayon box, even the unpopular colors. Compare that to every other big ticket fps since 2001. How many don't have a color palette consisting of only brown, grey, and black? How many have pink guns by default? None? Thought so. Just like this art style have you really seen anything like multiplayer elites?

We just want halo to embrace the fact that it is and has been a snowflake among AAA fps titles. Its an arena shooter (not many of those around) that is colorful (a extreme rareity among fps titles) and has a unique player race that isn't a class (halo is the only example of this). We'd just like to see that part of it return.

343 you added social to what we've been calling "too competitive" since launch. You see how we reacted to that, and still are. While this is bigger than the black undersuits it is far smaller than adding social, please add mp elites in general mp. If not h5 then please in h6. You'd see us party here like its 1999.

If anyone at 343 is reading this please dont dismiss this as "that annoying thread" and ignore his. We've been asking for this every day since spring 2012, and at every Q&A since pre H4 for a reason. Please dont ignore us. If youre looking for user feedback then waypoint's single largest and oldest thread should count right?
You have successfully summed up my thoughts that I could not put into text, why throw out something that made Halo so unique and awesome. My undying support goes to getting the Sangheili back as playable in MP.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 779
  4. 780
  5. 781
  6. 782
  7. 783
  8. ...
  9. 939