5. 782
  6. 783
  7. 784
  8. ...
  9. 897
BeneficBen wrote:
sniper945 wrote:
*cut*.
The reason I think its unlikely that 343 will add playable elites is because that this thread is "four" years old and there has not been much, if any response by 343.

I would like to see playable elites though, but I'd like their armour to look less "bulky".

I'd be happy with some form of the H2A design.
It does suck that they haven't even acknowledged our presence. But who knows.

Yea, I don't really like the bulky Elites either, but some do, so it should at least be an option.

H2a design would be fantastic, with some of the added halo 3 designs to boot.
Quote:
I'm sure there's going to be a MP playlist where the Spartan IVs and Elite extremists will be dukeing it out.
There should not have to be a playlist, we should be able to be elites whenever we wish In any and all play-lists.
I agree with Makuree
You know in all other fps titles the only option ive got is human. Every now and then if we do get an option its either robots or animal like characters. Robots are boring for a reason, theres no connection between the player and their avatar. Theres a reason armor customization is prefered, over "everyone look the same.", it is part of why the black undersuit thing is so prevalent. Even those extremely rare cases like that gorilla in overwatch, the character might as well be human. The only reason we even get those is because that's apparently the default when one runs out of ideas. Robots and animals.

Halo had something unique, it stood out because it wasnt afraid to have something not seen since, a unique player race in a fps title. How many modern shooters can you think of that have a non human option? Are they all one off characters or robots? Yes? I thought so. And no zombies are the ultimate cop out. Halo had no equivalent when it comes to this. Its unique, it makes it stand out, that makes it diffrent from all the other fps titles alone.

This is kind of like Halo's art style. Even though Bungie went for a more scifi look and 343's art team went with realistic both are perfect as they are not afraid to use every color in the crayon box, even the unpopular colors. Compare that to every other big ticket fps since 2001. How many don't have a color palette consisting of only brown, grey, and black? How many have pink guns by default? None? Thought so. Just like this art style have you really seen anything like multiplayer elites?

We just want halo to embrace the fact that it is and has been a snowflake among AAA fps titles. Its an arena shooter (not many of those around) that is colorful (a extreme rareity among fps titles) and has a unique player race that isn't a class (halo is the only example of this). We'd just like to see that part of it return.

343 you added social to what we've been calling "too competitive" since launch. You see how we reacted to that, and still are. While this is bigger than the black undersuits it is far smaller than adding social, please add mp elites in general mp. If not h5 then please in h6. You'd see us party here like its 1999.

If anyone at 343 is reading this please dont dismiss this as "that annoying thread" and ignore his. We've been asking for this every day since spring 2012, and at every Q&A since pre H4 for a reason. Please dont ignore us. If youre looking for user feedback then waypoint's single largest and oldest thread should count right?
I complty agree. Beast way to sum up my opinion.
The Arbiters Gift - Content Idea

New Weapons:
  1. Elite Plasma Rifle (Meant for taking out Shields) - Uncommon - (Rare Version: Blood of Vadam, Slighty Stronger Plasma shots.)
  2. Plasma Launcher - Rare - (Ultra Rare: The Sons Wrath, Better Tracking/Sharper Turns.)
Maps:
  1. Latchkey - A Forerunner Structure on Sanghelios. Found in BCE. Big Team Battle Map.
  2. Sunaion - A Map based of the campaign mission, Battle of Sunaion.
Vehicles:
  1. Halo 2 Spectre - Rare
Playable Elites w. Abilities:
  1. Evade x2
  2. Stabilizers like the Spartans have.
  3. Shoulder Charge - Elites have the strength and speed to match the Spartans Shoulder Charge.
  4. Slightly Stronger Shields, and Faster Regeneration like in Halo Reach.
(Small things to balance them with Spartans for Custom Games, Invasion, or Warzone Assault.)

Armor:
  1. Sangheili Warrior
  2. Sangheili Commander
  3. Storm Zealot
  4. Ranger
  5. Minor
  6. Special Warzone Armor
I have had this idea for a while. Ever since Sangheili stuff has been getting added into Halo 5. I just miss looking like a cool Bad-A Elite. Love Sangheili,and their backgrounds, and their history. (Posted this another thread. Thought I'd post it here to.)

New Weapons:
  1. Elite Plasma Rifle (Meant for taking out Shields) - Uncommon - (Rare Version: Blood of Vadam, Slighty Stronger Plasma shots.)
  2. Plasma Launcher - Rare - (Ultra Rare: The Sons Wrath, Better Tracking/Sharper Turns.)
Maps:
  1. Latchkey - A Forerunner Structure on Sanghelios. Found in BCE. Big Team Battle Map.
Vehicles:
  1. Halo 2 Spectre - Rare
  1. Evade x2
  3. Shoulder Charge - Elites have the strength and speed to match the Spartans Shoulder Charge.
(Small things to balance them with Spartans for Custom Games, Invasion, or Warzone Assault.)

Armor:
  1. Sangheili Warrior
  2. Sangheili Commander
  3. Storm Zealot
  4. Ranger
  5. Minor
  6. Special Warzone Armor
I have had this idea for a while. Ever since Sangheili stuff has been getting added into Halo 5. I just miss looking like a cool Bad-A Elite. Love Sangheili,and their backgrounds, and their history. (Posted this another thread. Thought I'd post it here to.)
Intresting, what would the special warzone armor look like?
sniper945 wrote:

New Weapons:
Maps:
Vehicles:
  1. Halo 2 Spectre - Rare
  1. Evade x2

Armor:
  1. Sangheili Warrior
  2. Sangheili Commander
  3. Storm Zealot
  4. Ranger
  5. Minor
  6. Special Warzone Armor
Intresting, what would the special warzone armor look like?
It's the Mythic Sangheili armor. Add that as a set for a player, the White Armored Elite with purple lights.

New Weapons:
Maps:
Vehicles:
  1. Halo 2 Spectre - Rare
  1. Evade x2

Armor:
  1. Sangheili Warrior
  2. Sangheili Commander
  3. Storm Zealot
  4. Ranger
  5. Minor
  6. Special Warzone Armor
The elite plasma rifle sounds like the brute plasma rifle, which is already in the game. Maybe the rifle can have more ammo and a longer time before overheating, but it takes more shots to kill a player without shields.
If you don't know the elite plasma rifle its the original one from halo:ce , the brute was the upgraded version technically
Jarad 014 wrote:
If you don't know the elite plasma rifle its the original one from halo:ce , the brute was the upgraded version technically
Yea, I'm glad they did that. I prefer the single shot.
A bit of a long shot, but imagine if the Arbiter's current armor was made available as a Mythic armor set for Elites.

How awesome would that be?
HaXoR73 wrote:
A bit of a long shot, but imagine if the Arbiter's current armor was made available as a Mythic armor set for Elites.

How awesome would that be?
You are a genius! I need this on my requests for Halo JEEZ, it tells me a lot of my idiocy, having not thought anything passed getting Playable elites back!
Jarad 014 wrote:
I don't understand why there's a Brute plasma rifle but no elite. Maybe to promote Halo Wars 2?
sniper945 wrote:
BeneficBen wrote:
sniper945 wrote:
*cut*.
The reason I think its unlikely that 343 will add playable elites is because that this thread is "four" years old and there has not been much, if any response by 343.

I would like to see playable elites though, but I'd like their armour to look less "bulky".

Yea, I don't really like the bulky Elites either, but some do, so it should at least be an option.

I actually like a bit the new elite design (but not as the original and Halo 2A/ Wars 2 design), but I agree it just doesn't fit to the gameplay (if there were in MP) and looks very werid that they act even more beastly than the brutes, so I think there should be an option to change your elite from the bulky to the original design (like on the spartan genders) as well present both designs in the campaign, the original ones as main infantry and spec ops missions, and the bulky ones which are stronger and resist more damage in the huge battles as heavy infantry.
Dinho239 wrote:
sniper945 wrote:
BeneficBen wrote:
sniper945 wrote:
*cut*.

I actually like a bit the new elite design (but not as the original and Halo 2A/ Wars 2 design), but I agree it just doesn't fit to the gameplay (if there were in MP) and looks very werid that they act even more beastly than the brutes, so I think there should be an option to change your elite from the bulky to the original design (like on the spartan genders) as well present both designs in the campaign, the original ones as main infantry and spec ops missions, and the bulky ones which are stronger and resist more damage in the huge battles as heavy infantry.
A lot of the time I feel like if 343 is going to put Playable Elites in, there's gonna be some room for a whole new customization edge. I know I'm a heretic but I have to agree that I really do enjoy the new bulky elites, and their brute voices and fashion, haha! But I'll say that it's not a bad decision that 343 made these, because I actually enjoy them 10x more than I enjoy brutes, but I can understand those who liked the sleek elegant ones a little better.
That's why I think they should add both types! No sense in removing Jul M'dama from the equation all together is there?

Also: Everyone says that it's a big problem to add them to matchmaking, when it was already done in what I believe is the best method possible. The Reach Way! Introduce Invasion and Invasion Warzone, hahaha! No seriously though, Elites get to be taller, and differentiated from Spartans like they should. And oh how about this, "competitive elites" for matchmaking that are scaled for the hitbox! Why can't we all just get something!
Dinho239 wrote:
sniper945 wrote:
BeneficBen wrote:
sniper945 wrote:
*cut*.

A lot of the time I feel like if 343 is going to put Playable Elites in, there's gonna be some room for a whole new customization edge. I know I'm a heretic but I have to agree that I really do enjoy the new bulky elites, and their brute voices and fashion, haha! But I'll say that it's not a bad decision that 343 made these, because I actually enjoy them 10x more than I enjoy brutes, but I can understand those who liked the sleek elegant ones a little better.
That's why I think they should add both types! No sense in removing Jul M'dama from the equation all together is there?

Also: Everyone says that it's a big problem to add them to matchmaking, when it was already done in what I believe is the best method possible. The Reach Way! Introduce Invasion and Invasion Warzone, hahaha! No seriously though, Elites get to be taller, and differentiated from Spartans like they should. And oh how about this, "competitive elites" for matchmaking that are scaled for the hitbox! Why can't we all just get something!
I agree, also that would increase a lot the number of playlist and gamemodes in the franchise, and imagine how many awesome machinimas could be done with that (having both spartan genders, and both elite designs with the awesome new forge) and it would also give the game a more diverse sandbox (real design variants not just reskins) like Halo Wars 2 seem to be collecting the best of both artstyles.
dang such an old post
Junior7427 wrote:
dang such an old post
this is a never-ending discussion
Vaudeur wrote:
Junior7427 wrote:
dang such an old post
at least untill they add the elites playable back in mp
Dinho239 wrote:
Vaudeur wrote:
Junior7427 wrote:
dang such an old post
yeah. then it might slowly die off
Vaudeur wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Vaudeur wrote:
Junior7427 wrote:
dang such an old post
yeah. then it might slowly die off
You know that is true, the thread MAY eventually end if they make elites playable again..But I guaranty it will start right back up if they add them, then take them away again. 4 years is a long time to maintain something like this and a heck of a display of dedication to a cause. There are a lot of people here who want elites to remain playable, if they return.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 780
  4. 781
  5. 782
  6. 783
  7. 784
  8. ...
  9. 897